[PP-F9] Enough hiking to last a lifetime <<Fire Guardian>>

He steps onto the scorching hot ninth floor with a smile upon his face ready for the next quest on his three day long journey of just straight up questing alongside his new tanking partner for the meantime as he can only wonder if it will come down to who would he side with. He can have Cosi, or Black when it comes to a tank with both being rather useful allies in the end and if he can keep a solid contact with Pinball can have a DPS buddy also in the end since the duo could be good enough for taking on most things with a suitable tank the three could be the best team in the end. The black haired martial artist waits patiently for Black to come out from the teleport gate as he wonders if the man even got some loot that was worth it. his familiar's flames flaring up as high towards the sky as possible thriving in its natural home floor as the duo of fighter and familiar wait for their current partner of tank and thunder dog.

@Black

“Holy hell, it's hotter than the Devil's jacuzzi out here!” Black wipes the sweat from the back of his head. Fortunately the front of his head was covered in a headband. “I don't know how you over there smiling..see that's how I know you're the one punch man from hell. “ He laughed with an easygoing nature as he enjoyed hiking up the volcanic rock. “I bet if we double time, we can get this quest done earlier. I'm a Marine. I can handle the fatigue system. “ He comments. “Yeah, I got some big goals. Being a Tier three tank. Being a Grandmaster Chef. Being a top tier treasure hunter.” He listed off to name a few.

“I looked into builds. I'll be level 25 pretty soon. Then I’ll have rank five heavy armor and have my familiar maxed. I'll look into whatever else is useful then after. Maybe Block or howl or something. A lot of people say that team oriented play is needed more in the intermediate floors. “ Kiba followed alongside the duo, taking up it's Lava form. “I ever tell you this is where I found Kiba? Yep. Right up in the big ole Mountain. I fed him Golden Lotus stew and he's been hooked ever since! “ Black would beam with delight. “Let's see if we can find you some more. “ He says as he ventures forth to find some materials.

@Mars

He chuckles softly as the man makes his way over towards himself as he gets up onto his feet as Black is once more in front of the Black haired martial artist as he just smiles at the little nicknames. You know i am the fighter from hell. I can out punch everything within this game and win hands down just put me in a fight and the RNG will favor me for certain as long as i keep up with what i am in the end. A man that will act and eliminate the threats that become present to me first and foremost. After all it is our duty to persevere and to survive this death game to go and prove we're better than what kayaba might expect. The martial artist says with a slightly confident and ever so slightly arrogant smirk across his face as he makes his way forward through the lava like terrain of the floor. His familiar thriving immensely as its flames roll off of it into a fiery mane of itself as it comes natural instead of burning energy from it. Well if you considered our team gameplay being yourself and i Black i would say go for Block. If you're helping other players who are weaker than you get the howl skill to protect them. He says towards the man just being honest towards the man to help him with what he can see as the most likely to succeed options as a tank depending on what he does.

Black huffs at he cumbersome weight of the heat waves that washed over him. He still had the audacity to to use the scorching ground to light his cigarette as Mars spoke. “Ohhh, so you consider yourself blessed by the RNG Gods?” Black smirked at his traveling companion. “Super aggressive with that build of yours. I actually never tank in MMOs. Samurai DPS. Dragoon DPS. Ninja.” He lists off a few. “Actually...Black Mage...Summoner..as well. Always fun classes. “ He then hummed lightly. “You ever cared for magic classes or are you all about that monk life?” The curious black swashbuckler inquired.

He then pauses and asks. “Is it our duty though? I mean...we could just live here. I mean [censored] man...30 year home loans...debt..student loan debt.  Donald Trump? Have you seen the cost of estates here. Pssh. Where else in 2 years can you come up with the money for a balling ass manor. Sure as hell beats living in the ghetto.” He laughs. “Hm...Block..yeah..that shield bash would be nice. Hit them with the BOOM!” Black says as he swats in front of him with his Wakizashi. “Hell, yeah! I'm going for it. And Parry!”

@Mars

I actually prefer the more up close DPS type of things so things like samurai, fighter, or anything of that type have caught my fancy time and time again the magic casting thing has always been a rather greatly inhibiting thing that limits your power once you run out of your source. He says in a calm tone of voice towards his companion as the duo make their way through the lava infested floor. He than hears the question from the tank player and hides the smile that wants to appear on his face with one of just a simple look of curiosity towards the player known as Black. Well than lets say that you wanted to stay here and to not even bother trying to escape. You wouldn't be able to convince all those frontliners they are dead set on trying to escape viewing the world as i imagine most would naturally do so since it is a prison is how most view it. A luxurious one though if you discount the possibility of death since you could live comfortably rather easily in this world and enjoy the strength and a thrill of a good fight at any time. He says towards the man wanting to test to see if the man truly would want to try and stay in this world or is willing to fight to escape to go back to those waiting on the other side of this game for them to escape.

"I see...not a fan of the big burst dps then being all squishy and vulnerable. I like the whole war of attrition sustain or stealth thing. I guess the Marine in me felt I had to be the shield for some of the other people. It's a scary role. But it don't scare me none...not like I'm having my intestines fall out or getting my leg blown off." He'd sweat as he marched on, rubbing his eyes that were caked in his own salty body fluids. "Truth be told...this is the most subjective form of war I've ever seen...everything..even the strength a person has is iffy. You can't exactly look at something and go...oh, this is that strong or even when dealing with other people you get a power vacuum. It'll be like oh. Well, this guy is a dick, but he's lvl 80 so [censored]. He could rule the damn world here if he wanted. Could you imagine if a group of assholes git together and boycotted fighting the bosses of higher floors?"

The Marine shakes his head. "I'm used to two people fighting it out with their fists it the better marksmen winning...all these stats and numbers is bullshit to me. " His demeanor is mostly ambiguous showing not much as to which world he would truly prefer.

@Mars

Which is why i think most people are running up the ladders for strength being like animals to gain as much strength as they can in a short amount of time to try and prevent such a group from forming by having other countermeasures to be able to survive a raid without having that group around if such one forms. It would have to be in the nature and good will of the frontlines to persevere which they could now unless they struck rather heavily by having a group form that is made up of elites members that become such a thing. The frontlines could live most likely, but the fight would hurt them. He says in a calm tone of voice while walking alongside the tank as they make their way through the long stretches of flat land that slowly start forming up into a narrow valley type of situation that has disrupted pieces of rubble along the path as if other players had walked through here before. The stats make it hard to know who to be careful of that is true, but it is a matter of prepping and being ready for anything to strike though a good rule of thumb is that most new players don't look that fancy the fancier one gets the more dangerous they probably are. The frontliners are easy to know since their names are known by spreading of rumors and information through info brokers. it's the killers who you have to fear.

"Yeah man. We should totally like.. Destroy our own fronliners. Solid plan. I mean have you tasted the food here. All I can afford is goddamn popeye's chicken man. I haven't paid my mortgage or my car note in years bro, and I bet you my credit score is about as low as my damn DPS by now. Why they trying to force me back into all that?" Black laughs. "Of course I can't watch the football game. I already missed out on two superbowls..March madness...NBA Finals...I bet Golden State Warriors won for the twentieth time in a row. " Black shook his head and sighed. "And that Final Fantasy Remake was finally due to come out after like almost forty years! Holy hell Square Enix really take they time to make a game. But Final Fantast XXI sounded dope...if they get a VR game. .with magic...that would be sick. Though...if they had like a Gunner class...I'd probably do that. Soeaking of which...I wonder if this game would let me have like a flintlock pistol accessory or something. Maybe a fake plushie of a pistol or some [censored]. That'd be cool. I'd actually probable opt to be a b****made archer in the backlines sniping people. "

Black would imitate pulling back on a now string and letting an arrow fly. "Are there ever any enemies in this game that aren't focused around close combat? I read that some defensive skills only work with close combat."

Black asks as he continues to scavenge for materials.

ID- 107822 LD- 18

1 T1 Mat gathered

@Mars

Edited by Black

Every enemy is a close combat one since i don't think there wouldn't be any reason to have a ranged enemy since it would break this entire game to be honest man. He says with a shrug of his shoulders having never run into a enemy that specialized in something besides the close combat range of everything else that has existed in this game up to this point. He keeps his gaze forward as he slowly makes his way through the narrow valley pass that has enough room for four people shoulder to shoulder. Besides it is called Sword Art Online, not long range outline. He says towards the payer as the duo makes their way through the area as his familiar continues to thrive within this environment of heat and fire as his liger only glows brighter and brighter with flames. If their is ever going to be a gun VR game that is the only logical game after this one. He says slightly shrugging his shoulders in uncertainty.

Black looked thoughtfully as Mars began to speak. The knowledge being imparted was very valuable information. It seemed every enemy they would encounter would be a close combat target for the entirety of the game. He didn't have to worry about any annoying gimmicks.

"I think you have a point. I mean could you imagine if we actually had to fight a flying dragon that just breathed fire or lightning like on Skyrim? That would be some weird [censored]...though..I think you'd be able to get up their rocket man. Just shoot yourself up into the sky with your rocket punch. " He smirked as he threw a first up into the sky. "I mean hell you were flying above big ass gorillas. Maybe we can bridge you to the edge of the game and you can just punch our way out! " He laughs softly.

"Oh gosh that's brilliant. I think I'll slowly start spreading rumors about the legendary fists like Chuck Norris jokes. "

Kiba travels adjacent to the Liger, literally swimming through pools of lava. "I swear you better not come over here trying to give me some paw!" Black shouted out in an accusing squint.

@Mars

He chuckles softly at the little joke as he looks towards the tank with a small smirk as a idea enters his mind. Well than it is a good thing that there havne't been any full on dragons just yet than because if i did this world would've died. Since their is this little well not known secret that if you get two martial artist to punch the castle of aincrad at the sametime that the castle will just disappear and thus force quit the game. Truly devastating. He says in a joking tone of voice towards Black as he moves forward along with him just trying to be comedic like the man is to make the trip bearable for the duo instead of a boring really long two day trip where in the end it would be dead on their feet and thus make plenty of mistakes that wold get them killed. Also if you spread legends and rumors about me i will happily take them in stride since i know you got that Ichiban Restaurant as your medium to spread such things among the player base. He says with a smirk.

"Oh wow...that'd be crazy..could you imagine how lame for the gamers it would be to beat the game before floor 100?" Black shakes his head at the idea of two fighters slamming into the castle with an All Might. It was pretty cool for Black to see the once silent and reserved fighter throwing a bit more of his own humor into the mix. He too knew how much hiked sucked and remembered how boring a lot of long foot marches were. "So, you not one of those guild types or you got certain goals once you hit the front lines...all of those people seem to be in one little cult or another." Black confesses. "Or are you going for the super edgy lone wolf?" Black smirked as his uniform was completely drenched in sweat. Every so often he'd stop and check the field for precious items or valuable resources.

@Mars

I'll join a guild when someone can convince me of their ideals and goals, and until then i'll continue to be my lone wolf self as you would like to say. If i meet enough like minded people who i would agree with in terms of a guild then i would make one with them if it can down to it until then though i'll be by myself and working alongside people that i meet and i think are competent. He says without any hesitation towards the man just being as blunt as possible towards him saying his simple and straightforward way of thinking when it comes to the guilds as he thinks about their establishments and nods his head towards the man. Guilds..guilds are a way to separate and divide the people to make them hate each other that is how it is in the end. It makes people make stupid decisions and illogical choices based on what teams should be just because of guild ties rather than what is the best formation possible between all guilds. Makes one less willing to work with others cause of guild ties. Make guilds fall and rise because of the fall and creation of other guilds. The system is flawed and will only be ruinous unless someone can somehow unite them all. He says bluntly.

"Wooo! Politics and factions! My favorite. Let's see. Well, the third reich wouldn't be too good for you. I think they only like blonde hair and blue eyes and yeah...I don't think you or I would pass." Black snickered lightly. "What else would be good...maybe they'll have a PK guild that's pretty much like the Klan. Special tailor shops making white hoods and white armor." Black then gasps.  "Holy s***...the Knights of the Blood Oath!" His eyes grew wide from the revelation. "Oh goodness...the Holy Dragon Alliance...doesn't the KKK have some rank about Imperial Wizards or Dragons? Oh hell naw, I got to nope right out of this game." Black laughed.

Black then listens as Mars shares his opinion and thoughts. Black begins to get somewhat aware of his beliefs, values, and attitudes.

"Well I mean this is an international community as well. You're basically throwing a bunch of people from different backgrounds together. I just wonder where the fun loving gamers are. Like when first came out, I wanted to make a treasure hunting guild. No political bullshit. Explore dungeons and make out like a bandit. Enjoy some good food. Good community. I'd probably name it The Filthy Casualz or some [censored].

On the other side of the spectrum, maybe if any of the actual fighters had much of a militant mindset without being soft. Maybe I'd consider some people that are like Hellfighters. You ever know about the Filthy Thirteen from World War two? American unit"

Black would look over his shoulder as he checks for items.

@Mars

Edited by Black

He just raises an eyebrow just not having a response to what was just said to him which was surely a joke, but not having any appropriate response he could think of towards what was said. Well in regards to the world war two thing i haven't heard of that before in all honesty, but in terms of other things i have heard of that crazy scottish man that was using like bow and arrow during world war one or two while everyone else was using guns. The thing is that he actually got confirmed kills from his bow and arrows and had lives through that entire war when you would expect him not to do so. He says towards the marine unit as he walks along with him as their is no sight of the sun from the sun being blocked out entirely by the thick sea of clouds with the only sign of the day progressing is the different colorations within the sky from the sun hitting the clouds.His familiar swimming through lava and fire with a grin upon its face.

Black would chuckle as they got closer to their target. He would make motions for them to set up a camp in somewhat of a safe area. "Okay. I think we'll be good for about four hours rest and we can get back at it. We don't need any debuffs or fatigue holding us back. I just hope I don't catch heatstroke and don't wake up." Black laughs as he pulls out his inventory menu and decides to pull out some water and ice. "As for that dude...yeah, that was World War 2...that guy was a real badass. He took no [censored] from no one. He had a sword, too. The balls on that guy. Goodness. I got respect for that. "

He then sat down inside a cave dwelling. It wasn't as hot as the areas near the lava. He would produce some well cooked meals that tasted like the quintessence of nirvana and then get in some rack ops. "Look forward to getting to it tomorrow, Mars. "

@Mars

He chuckles softly at the tank's words meaning that he had knowledge of the man in question he remembered from one of his history classes and some personal interest in some of the most interesting warriors in history. He makes his way over towards the cave and leans against the wall as he rests his eyes as his familiar stands outside the cave as a defensive barrier between mobs and itself ready to tear them into pieces. The black haired martial artist looks up towards the player known as Black and grins ever so slightly as he opens his eyes. Till tomorrow that beast Cerberus shall be killed before we even reach mid day. He says in a optimistic nature and tone of voice and raises a hand as if raising a glass before going to take a quick little power nap for rest and resting the mind so that he wouldn't make a mistake as he would start off in the fight like he seemingly has been having the bad luck of having that as of late. 'Why can't i hit on the first attempt anymore?'

Black woke up early and ate breakfast on the go. He knew time was of the essence. "Alright, let's get moving. We have to hurry if we want to get back in a timely manner to get intel." He moved forward to the cave located in the south that had a trail of flames adorning the edges of it. It looked as if he was about to enter a firefighter's nightmare as he plunged into the darkness along with his companion. "I'm more used to putting other things in the oven...but never did I think I'd be shoving myself in there.." He joked as they came upon a ravenous beast with burning embers adorning it's body and three demonic heads. "Oh, [censored]....what are those out there?" Black announced as a pack of angry hounds came at them. One leaped at him with malice in it's bite.

"[censored], hang on...we got to clear the pack!" Black responded as he shrugs off a Hell Hound that bit his arm and dodges around the three others. Two more would be closing in on them.

Spoiler

c617cb0a6bf496aac3c316c9599258d9.png

Craft roll is above 6: No Fire damage from room
BD- 3 - Miss

MD-6

- 1 HP to Black 
-18 HP to Hell Hound A 

40e54f2eb54d8f54d8dfd50b01db9bd1.png

Hell Hound B Missed

6676007d784ab9384db8f7de951be49c.png

Hell Hound C missed

74522d536427f33410e3a4ca25ad0fdf.png

Hell Hound D missed

Hell Hound A 12/30 
Hell Hound B, C, D 30/30 

Hell Hound

30/30 HP

50 DMG / 9- 75 / 10 -100

H: 0/ 0/0/0 ]  Black:   - HP: 459/460 // EN : 46/46 // MIT: 60// DMG: 5 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // ACC : 0// PARA : 2 // REC 1 // TAUNT 1

@Mars

Edited by Black

He makes his way through the intense nad hot terrain of the ninth floor that he is unaffected by for the most part due to the wonders of having survival skills to make everything null and void for the most part making things easy. The martial artist eating his meals while he is on the go to not be slowed down by the need to have breakfast at a specified camp. He glances towards the tank and nods his head as they arrive towards the area where Cerberus is said to reside the clearing being that of having to climb a incline upwards to a straight feel going outward with hell hounds running about guarding the entrance. Those are hell hounds lesser minions of Greek's greatest hound Cerberus. He says calmly as he rushes forward not even activating charge not seeing the need for such a thing as he legs glow with a blue energy as he lashes out with his left slamming it into three out of four enemies as he glares at the last. EVERY! SINGLE! TIME! He says in a frustrated tone of voice from the fact he has had the consistent lose rate of missing his target the first time everytime.

Tornado kick  15x6= 90  (crit 9=96)

#107895 BD:1

#107896 BD:9

#107897 BD:7

#107898 BD:9

Hell Hound A 12/30   50 DMG   9(75)  10 (100)

H: 0 ]  Black:   - HP: 459/460 // EN : 46/46 // MIT: 60// DMG: 5 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // ACC : 0// PARA : 2 // REC 1 // TAUNT 1

[H:0] Mars:   HP: 720/720     ENG: 62/72   DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Edited by Mars

The loud sound of barking burst through the caverns as growling beasts stared down Black. “Damn, man they got me surrounded...these ugly mutts really don't let up...but they seem weak. Hope you got like...some AoEs or something. We need to nuke these a**holes back to oblivion! “ Black stated as he stepped back. The rising heat was highly uncomfortable and he felt himself sweating profusely.

“Seems like these are just little minions...I'm sure if we wipe them out we can lure the boss out. “ He spoke up as Mars started sprint at the enemy and releasing a violent slam into the enemies as they howled out in pain and shattered like a bunch of bowling pins hit with a fifteen pound bowling ball.

“Heh...you almost got a strike. A little more to the left next time.” Black teases as he got caught off guard by a hell hound lunging for his neck. He raised his arm to defend himself as the beast got impaled on the ethereal red thorns that emanated from it.“Well that's four down...but heads up, we got two more incoming!”

@Mars

Spoiler

BD-2 MD- 8

-1 HP to Black from Hell Hound A

-18 HP to Hell Hound A

All four hounds 0/30 HP.
HOUND E & F incoming!!!

H: 0 ]  Black:   - HP: 458/460 // EN : 46/46 // MIT: 60// DMG: 5 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // ACC : 0// PARA : 2 // REC 1 // TAUNT 1

[H:0] Mars:   HP: 720/720     ENG: 62/72   DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Edited by Black