[PP-F2] Lost and Found

Mishiro was unbothered by his vague answer. She was preoccupied with the numerous possibilities running through her mind. It wasn't often she invited someone along on a walk, and even then, it had been completely spontaneous. It didn't feel like a promise; it was simply a matter of her coming across a friend as she was leaving and asking if they wanted to come along. She took notice of him shifting around his chair and saying something about a drink, but for the moment, she didn't give any outward reaction. She looked deep in thought. Mishiro had just promised that she would send him a PM if it felt like it, but somehow, having some arrangements even in the most uncertain sense surrounded an otherwise quiet walk down the streets of Aincrad with the faint impression of something unfamiliar but... exciting.

Where would they go? Many places came to mind, and she didn't realize she was giving a small smile as she tried to imagine bringing Huginn along.

"Are you leaving? I am, too." She had mistakenly assumed that the boy leaning forward on his chair was an indication that he wanted to get up and leave. Mishiro glanced down at her empty cup, failed to resist the temptation, and said, "I'm ordering a takeout, so if you want to get one too, let's go together. Unless... you're going to stay after all?" Too late, she was already standing up. The girl had gotten up early today and aside from staying to talk with Huginn, nothing was more appealing than a second serving of her favorite cold drink and a long, long nap in a warm, fluffy bed.

Either way, they would later find themselves outside the cafe. Mishiro spared herself a few more moments to watch the panda familiar playing with a stick she had brought in, then closed the wooden door behind her. "I'll hand over the finished drawing tomorrow. I'm still not sure about the payment, so I guess that would have to wait." Holding the drink close to her chest so it wouldn't spill, she dipped her head in a small, polite bow. "Thank you for today. I'll see you tomorrow."
  • 1 month later...

She had decided to go, and he was already tired so he really had no choice but to get up. Falling asleep in a public area like this is stupid, even if it’s in a safe zone. He had hunted all day like a fool once again. Something about the disparity between him and the people who were clearing the floors made him want to try harder, but his lethargic attitude kept him from actually making much progress. “Yes, I’m leaving as well.” He stands up and follows her out of the café, smiling at the panda. The sight of an animal always made the boy smile, especially pandas. They were his favorite animal back home and they reminded him of a better time.

Once outside, she had explained that she will be handing over the finished product the next day, and then she thanked him for the day. He pulls back and puts his hands up, shaking them back at forth in an “I’m innocent” manner. “No, thank you. It really means a lot that you’re helping me try and find my sister.” He closes his eyes and drops his hands, smiling warmly as they move into his pockets. “Not like I’m much fun anyways.” He says quietly to himself. Of course, his tone was always that of a spineless 16 year old boy, and incredibly quiet so if she was used to talking to him, she could’ve heard him. His smile disappears and he looks back into the shop. “I should really head out.” He says, looking at the way the players inside were interacting with each other so easily, and beginning to wonder if he would ever have friends like that.

Once they had said their goodbyes, the boy would walk away, pulling his hood up and still struggling to fight the smile on his face.

@Mishiro

• 2 weeks later...
At his expression of gratitude, she nodded and bid him goodbye with a small wave of her hand. Mishiro watched him walk away until her vision was obscured by a passing group of players and he disappeared from sight. Shifting her cup of coffee to one hand, she summoned her menus to send Roman a quick message and began the short walk back to Floor 2's teleport gate.

She couldn't shake the feeling of loneliness Huginn gave off when he first explained to her his sister was missing, and again when they spoke for the second time. Drawing in a long breath, she let it back out with a quiet sigh as her mind returned to considering her plans for their next meeting. She recalled her schedule for the next few days, and she was still lost in her own thoughts when she arrived at the plaza.

"Hey." 

Mishiro stopped walking and held her cup of coffee close to her chest. Still in his battle attire, Roman pushed off of the wall and opened his gloved hand, letting the last specks of a teleport crystal's residue be carried off by the wind. "I told you not to come if you were still out," she said quietly, even as they both knew what happened the last time she went alone. 

"Well, the rest of the team's still pretty close and some of them were tired and starting to complain, so I got them a break and used that as an excuse. Besides, Leah's there and she always caves in easy when I mention your name."

She looked at him blankly.

"Sorry, I know. That did not make you feel better." He closed the distance between them and held out his hand with a reassuring smile. "But I told you it's a slow process, and none this is your fault. We were all affected in some way by that moment, and it's just a matter of helping each other recover. So do you want to let go of my hand this time?"

Mishiro considered it. She looked at the teleport gate, and back at him. 

She reached out and grasped his hand.
Thread Rewards
  • 200 Col
  • 1 SP