Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mortambo

[F03-PP] The Hunt is On!

Recommended Posts

As I waited at the gates I checked my gear again briefly to be sure everything I brought was in good repair still. From my axe, to my armor, everything seemed to be okay. I checked my brace of potions and luckily I still hadn't used any of the healing potions I got from the starter quests. I might need them up here since this was a significant step up in difficulty. I put a notice on the board for anyone interested in hunting some wolves and maybe a dire bear or two to meet me here the following morning. I probably should have checked if anyone replied instead of just waiting here like a dweeb. Oh well, if nothing else I’ll just go hunt things by myself. I’ll have to be a lot more cautious but that will be okay. I began to look around nervously hoping someone at least would show up to watch my back.

Combat Stats:

Spoiler

Level 6

HP: 120/120 EN: 12/12

DMG: 3 MIT: 17

ACC: +0 EVA: +0

Battle-Ready Inventory:

Spoiler
  1. 5 Tier 1 Uncommon Health Potions (+40 HP)
  2. [Empty]
  3. [Empty]
  4. [Empty]
  5. [Empty]

Enemies:

Spoiler
  • Wolves
    • HP: 100/100
    • DMG: 30
  • Dire Bear
    • HP: 150
    • DMG 30

@Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The young girl whistles as she scanned the bulletin board with wary eyes. Most of them looked much too difficult for her level, yet one of them caught her eye. Hunting, eh? That won’t be so hard, will it? She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly and grinned. This would be the first time she had a taste in action for a while. She’s only been doing fetch quests for EXP and it’s be good to start fighting again. She poked Scarfy with the tip of her index finger and chuckled. “I guess you could call me finding you a fight, but it was more like a bloody wrestling match,” she sighed, shaking her head.

She made her way over to the gate and blinked. Surely more people would’ve agreed to join, right? The floors mobs aren’t even that strong. Kirbs shrugged again and made her way over to the other player. She gave him a small smile and waved. “So I heard that you wanted to go hunting.” 

@Mortambo

Battle Ready Stuff:

Spoiler

Stats:

LVL: 10

HP: 200

EN: 20

DMG: 4

ACC: 3

EVA: 3

MIT: 24

Paralyze: 1

Recovery: 2

Perfect: Green  Rare: Blue   Uncommon: Yellow  Vanity: Orange

 Equipped:

Gamers Anklet: 1 ACC, 1 EVA

Pixel Hearts: 2 Recovery

> Shatterglass: 2 ACC, 1 Paralyze 

Energenic Guard: 1 EVA, 2 MIT (19)

Prosperous Bundle: 3 LD 

Rupee Ring: 1 EVA

Items:

 > 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Skills:

> T2 Dagger Skill

> T1 Light Armor Skill

> T1 Damage Familiar Skill

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kept looking around rather nervously at the gate hoping I could catch someone's eye. I did not really want to go hunting alone on this floor. Just as I was going to give up and go back to floor 2 a girl walked up to me. As she approached  she asked about hunting and I said "Yeah, I can solo floor 2 stuff but I thought it might be more interesting finding a group for this floor. It didn't seem like many others were interested though," I said looking around not noticing anyone else approaching. "So I guess it's just the two of us," I smiled." I'm sure we'll be fine if we are careful." I checked my axe and armor and other gear really quickly to be sure everything was in place and said "I'm ready when you are."  "Oh! And my name is Mortambo," I continued extending my hand to be shaken, "It's nice to meet you. Hopefully we'll have a lot of fun on this trip. It's my first time hunting in a group." 

@Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She nodded her head slowly. “That sounds relatable,” she gave him a small smile and opened her inventory. “Alright, down to business. The floors monsters aren’t that hard. I’ve been here on quests and all that rubbish, so I think there won’t be any dying today,” she flash him a smirk and turned back to scrolling through her inventory. “What level are you again? I want to know if I should be taking the damage. Hopefully not though, I have some pretty heavy evasive enhancements. So that should not be a problem!” She quipped, equipping both her armor and dagger.

”How rude of me.” She laughed nervously to herself. She extended her hand and gave him a shake. “Likewise, the name is Kirbs.” She felt a familiar grip on her arm. She sweatdropped and gestured to her familiar. “... and this is Scarfy. He doesn’t bite, but I can make no promises.”

@Mortambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grinning as she geared up, I responded "Good, I was a little worried when I only got a single response, I know it would be safer with more. I'm glad you're familiar with this floor." As she scrolled through her inventory I continued to answer her, "I'm only level 6, and I've still just got my starter armor. I really need new gear, but that's kind of hopefully what this hunt will help me with. I can take some hits though...but with your better gear I'm sure you're tougher. I'll just let you tell me what you think we can handle and I will start the fights."

As she introduced herself and her familiar, I smiled, "I might do the quest to get a familiar myself soon. I'm guessing Scarfy comes in handy?" 

Then I looked up at the wilderness beyond the gate, "Well if you are ready, let's go! Just point the way." And I confidently strode in the direction I was pointed, not betraying the nervousness I felt being on a higher floor than I probably ought to be.   

@Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Yeah, there a few good spots on floor one if you’re interested in gear. Hell, I have my own shop around here. It’s closed though, I’ve been getting way too many orders and I don’t have enough materials.” She sighed depressingly. Nodding her head at his idea, she gave him a thumbs up. “Alright, that works.”

”It was a bloody lot harder than you think it is, mind you. Also, this thing practically almost choked me to death!” She flicked her familiar’s head with a small smile. “This will be the first time I fight wth lil’ ol’ Scarfy, but I don’t think he will disappoint me.” Scarfy stared at her in amusement as she recalled the events, his forked tongue sliding in and out. He must’ve enjoyed strangling me, bloody hell.

She followed after him with a shrug. “I’m not really the leader type but hunting isn’t too bad. So... off we go!”

@Mortambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As they walked for a little while through the forests, I slowed down to walk next to Kirbs and said "Hopefully we can find something relatively easy. I need to test my skills some before we take on harder stuff. " 

Right at that moment, in a clearing not to far ahead of us was a Dire Wolf. Ducking behind some bushes, I said "It seems like he's alone, I guess it's now or never." Rushing into the clearing and quickly clearing the ground between us I wasn’t being stealthy at all. Hearing my headlong charge the Dire Wolf turned and growled menacingly at me, but using a tactic that seemed to work with the boars I had fought, rather than meet him head on and slash at his face, at the last second I dodged to the side and slashed at his flank instead. As my axe solidly connected I grinned, “Well at least so far this is going well,” I thought to myself.

Attack Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111240
    •  Battle: 6 (HIT!)
  • Mortambo: HP: 120/120 EN: 11/12
  • Dire Wolf: HP: 98/100 (-2 HP)
    • Hate: Mort - 1

 

@Kirbs

Edited by Mortambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirbs nodded her head and tugged on the ribbon of her dagger. “That sounds fine with me. Nothing on this floor should be so hard anyway.” She gave him a small smile and continued. Blimey, it’s been forever since I’ve done combat. What if I screw up? Oh, I’ll never hear the end of it if I kill someone! 

Kirbs crouched begins the bushes and felt the observant eyes of Scarfy linger on the Wolf a few meters in front of them. “Wait, I think we should probably think of a strategy first-“ He had already rushed off before she could finish her sentence. She sighed and exchanged a doubtful look with her familiar before rushing into the battlefield. She stood there for a couple heartbeats before launching herself at the wolf. She felt Scarfy constrict around her arm and it send a somewhat painful but powerful jolt through her body. She readied a sword art and drew her dagger back, only for it to come hurdling at the wolf in quick strides. The mob growled at her and threw itself at her. She made a tight line in her mouth as she narrowly dodged it. “Yep. Still got it.” 

@Mortambo

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111246

BD: 5+3=8, Success

<<Fad Edge>> on Dire Wolf

4x4=16 DMG

98-16=82 HP

Kirbs: H: 1 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 17/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery

Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 11/12

MD: 6

6-3=3, Fail

Dire Wolf: HP: 82/100

 

Edited by Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Kirbs narrowly dodged back, I quickly circled around the wolf hopefully cutting off any attempt as escape. "Okay, you haven't used this Sword Art yet, but I think it is like this..." I thought as I put my battle axe in the proper place to activate it. Letting the system take me the rest of the way through the motion, I lunged forward with two quick slashes on the wolf's hindquarters. However, my footing was slightly off and my two slashes went wide. I was concentrating too hard on activating the Sword Art and not enough on my facing. Disappointment flashing across my face I backed off a little and circled waiting for my partner’s next attack to give me a better opening to strike. Seeing himself surrounded the Dire Wolf just growled and looked from one of us to the other as we circled him.

Combat Results:

Spoiler
  • ID 111251
    •  Battle: 5 (MISS!)
  • Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 10/12

  • Kirbs: H: 1 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 17/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery

  • Dire Wolf: HP: 82/100

 

Edited by Mortambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirbs blew a disappointed sigh as he missed but gave him a cheeky smile anyway. “Don’t worry about it, mate. Just leave it to me!” She cocked her head at him one last time before dashing off at the wolf. She activated the same sword art she just used before. Feeling her familiar grip her arm, she lunged for the wolf. Swinging her dagger back, she unleashed her sword art in a whirlwind of bright fury. Feeling her dagger penetrate the wolf a few times, she backed off a few feet, just far enough for her to be in the mob’s line of sight. The wolf whirled it’s head and snarled at her, it’s main focus now locked on to the red-haired player. Okay, that’s good. I don’t have to worry about Mortambo getting hit, she noted, narrowly dodging the wolf’s claws as it swung at her. Turning her head to Mortambo, she gave him a grin. “Your turn!” 

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111296

BD: 8, Success

<<Fad Edge>> on Dire Wolf

4x4=16 DMG

82-16=66 DMG

-4 ENERGY

Kirbs: H: 2 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 14/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT

CD: 1, No EN Regain

Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 10/12

MD: 7-3=4, Evaded

Dire Wolf: HP: 66/100

@Mortambo

Edited by Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grinning back, I darted forward trying the same Sword Art again. Hopefully, <<Hack>> would hit this time, especially since the wolf was focused on Kirbs. Once again, he mistimed his attack and his two hacking slashes narrowly missed the wolf’s flank. Shaking his head in frustration he fell back for a moment to refocus himself. “You’ve got this man, you guys are doing fine. Don’t get shaken just because it’s big and scary. Neither of you has even taken a hit yet. Just…focus…” Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and tried to calm his mind that kept flashing with images of his first encounters of floor one. Eventually he managed to banish then and taking another deep breath, he rejoined the fray and began to circle around the Dire Wolf again looking for another opening. “Sorry, I’ll get a good hit in eventually!” he kind of sheepishly smiled at Kirbs.

Combat Roll:

Spoiler
  • ID 111299
    •  Battle: 3 (MISS!)
  • Mortambo: H 1 | HP 120/120 | EN 8/12 (-2 EN) | 2 DMG | MIT 17
  • Kirbs: H: 2 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 14/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT
  • Dire Wolf: HP 66/100 | 30 DMG

@Kirbs

Edited by Mortambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirbs raised a brow at his unusual state but shrugged it off. "Alright, pal. Don't go breaking down on me, 'kay?" She flashed him a small and sincere smile before activating a sword art and rushing off. She raised her dagger and thrust the blade into the wolf, earning a loud howl escape from it. She watched its HP gauge go down a significant amount. It had lashed out at her once again, and once again, she evaded it with ease.  This is becoming very... repetitive. She sighed and fell back. "I got quite a lot of damage on it and my energy isn't halfway yet. So, I think we should be able to kill this thing before I run out." She noted, glancing at Mortambo with a smirk. "I'll probably need to wait a while for my energy to go up again after this, but it shouldn't be too bad."

@Mortambo

Combat: 

Spoiler

ID: 111304

BD: 3+3=6, Success

<<Fad Edge>> on Dire Wolf

4x4=16 DMG

66-16=50 HP

-4 ENERGY

Kirbs: H: 3 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 13/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT

CD: 9, +2 ENERGY

Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 8/12

MD: 8-3=5, Evaded

Dire Wolf: HP: 50/100 | 3 DMG

 

 

Edited by Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing that she is doing more than fine, although rather disappointed in myself and missing all of my attacks, I tried my Sword Art again. This time I circled around to the Dire Wolf’s other side and made sure I was close enough, but apparently it was expecting the same attack. Just as went through the activation motion, it completely moved out of the way and I finished out the Sword Art at empty air. Looking at Kirbs, I just shook my head sadly, “I didn’t expect it to go this badly. I don’t know why I can’t seem to hit him. I’m glad you seem to have this handled.” Keeping my eye on both the Wolf and Kirbs I kept up my guard looking for a better opening. “Maybe I’ll just stick to basic attacks and see if I can just get some damage in.”

Combat Results: 

Spoiler
  • ID 111333
    •  Battle: 2 (MISS!)
  • Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 6/12 (-2 EN)
  • Kirbs: H: 3 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 13/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT
  • Dire Wolf: HP: 50/100 | 3 DMG

 

Edited by Mortambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Tis’ okay, young grasshopper,” she replied, giving him a smile of hope, “you’ll get there eventually.” She turned her focus back on to the wolf. It was exactly half HP, and just a couple more sword arts would be able to kill it. Sending a small nod to her friend, she went back to taking control of the battle. Activating the only sword art she has used that day, she swung her dagger back and delivered swift and heavy blows the wolf’s flank. 

Jumping back before the mob could land a hit on her, she watched its HP drop down significantly. Not to mention, that she had actually managed to stun the thing. Its whole body was stiff but that didn’t stop the warning growl it gave to both her and Mortambo. Shrugging it off, she turned her head to the other player. “It’s paralyzed, try landing a hit on it, okay?”

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111375

BD: 9, Crit: +1 DMG

<<Fad Edge>> on Dire Wolf

4+1=5x4=20 DMG

50-20=30

-4 ENERGY

Kirbs: H: 3 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 10/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT

CD: 1, Fail

Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 6/12

MD: 4-1=3, Evaded

 Dire Wolf: HP: 30/100 | 3 DMG [PARALYZED]

@Mortambo

Edited by Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing it paralyzed from her strike, and growling before at both of them, I leapt forward and tried my Sword Art again. I activated it but apparently somehow still mistimed the strikes and ended up slashing the air just shy of the large wolf. “Maybe I just picked a bad weapon for me to use. It seems like you’re pretty handy with that dagger. I thought the Battle Axe would look really cool but it is kind of unwieldy,” I said backing off and giving a few test swings again. It seemed like I should be able to hit just fine. I had fought of the boars for that starter quest easily, but apparently tougher mobs…Was I hesitating or anxious? I don’t feel like I am, but maybe that’s it? Shrugging off my thoughts I snapped back into the battle to see my partner’s next strike and hopefully, finally, give a good follow up to it.

Combat Results:

Spoiler
  • ID 111420
    •  Battle: 4 (MISS!)
  • Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 4/12 (-2 EN)
  • Kirbs: H: 3 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 10/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT
  •  Dire Wolf: HP: 30/100 | 30 DMG [PARALYZED]

@Kirbs

Edited by Mortambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She tilted her head at his observation and merely shrugged. “Handy, huh? I guess you could say so. I mean, I used to chase my older brothers with a kitchen knife when they stole my food,” she rambled on. “So I guess this is pretty damn well close to it.” She let out a nervous laugh and went back to her battle stance. Eyes focusing on the wolf, she quickly analyzed the situation. Right... two more hits... She readied her dagger and activated another sword art. She delivered yet another flurry of stabs and retreated before the wolf could attack her. 

“Alright, another sword art from me should do the trick!” She patted down her thighs and grinned. The accuracy and evasion enhancements sure did pay off. She gave a low whistle. “I hope we get some good loot out of this thing. It’s taking forever to kill so expect something stunning!”

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111424

BD: 8, Success 

<<Fad Edge>> on Dire Wolf

4x4=16 DMG

30-16=14 HP

-4 ENERGY

Kirbs: H: 3 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 7/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT

CD: 4, No Regain

Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 4/12

MD: 7-3=4, Evaded

 Dire Wolf: HP: 14/100 | 3 DMG 

@Mortambo

Edited by Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I hope we get some good stuff too”, I replied, watching as Kirbs dodged the Dire Wolf’s snapping jaws yet again. I definitely need to invest in some Accuracy and Evasion items. I didn’t think they were important with my Heavy Armor but this fight has certainly proven me wrong. As I circled and watched, Kirbs gave me the perfect opening and I tried again to <<Hack>> the Dire Wolf. This time as it activated, I felt each strike connect with the Dire Wolf’s flank. It briefly turned towards me with a growl before Kirbs distracted it again moving in its peripheral vision. “Finally! It feels good to have contributed something to this fight,” I grinned at Kirbs, “Now finish him off!” I bowed slightly to her and backed away a little ready to jump in and try my best to hit it again if necessary but trusting Kirbs had this handled.  

Combat Results:

Spoiler
  • ID 111425
    •  Battle: 6 (HIT! Finally...)
  • Mortambo: H: 2 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 2/12 (-2 EN) | DMG 3
    • Hack: 3 DMG x 2 = 6 DMG
  • Kirbs: H: 4 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 7/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT
  •  Dire Wolf: HP: 8/100 | 30 DMG (-6 HP)

@Kirbs

Edited by Mortambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirbs gave him a small thumbs up off and nodded. Dashing off at the mob with low health, she quickly activated one more sword art. Just precautions, she told herself as she jumped into the air, dagger in hand and Scarfy tightly strung around her arm. She gave one last sigh before plummeting her dagger into the wolf's back, earning a--from what she assumed, painful-- howl. The player soon felt her dagger flow free once again, and she fell softly down onto the ground. Grunting, she watched the blue shards disappear into the air. "That was sort of anti-climatic," she mumbled. Feeling Scarfy release her arm, she bent down and examined the items that the wolf had dropped. "So, how do you want to split this up?"  She asked, poking at the two weapons and the armor laying on the ground. "I can take either of these, I don't care. Take whichever you would like though, mate."

@Mortambo

Combat:

Spoiler

ID: 111424

BD: 9, Crit +1 DMG 

<<Fad Edge>> on Dire Wolf

4+1=5x4=20 DMG

8-20=0 HP

-4 ENERGY

Kirbs: H: 3 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 6/20 | 4 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 2 Recovery | 21 MIT

CD: 10, +2 EN

Mortambo: H: 1 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 2/12

 Dire Wolf: HP: 0/100 | 3 DMG 

 

Loot:

Spoiler

ID: 111053

LD: 20+3=23

CD: 6

-300 Col + 200 Col + 200 Col [Total of 700 Col divided among the party]

-Unidentified T1 Perfect Armor/Shield [111053A] 

-2 Unidentified T1 Perfect Weapons [111053B] & [111053C]

 
 
 
 

 

Edited by Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shrugged and replied, “I can take one of the weapons, but I’ve got a good armor order in already. Just waiting for it to be done. So I don’t really need it.” Putting the col and 1 of the weapons into my inventory, I quickly scanned the forest around us making sure there were no more Dire Wolves. “Again, I’m really sorry that I was pretty useless. I really need to invest in better gear for sure. But this was my first real hunt so I’m still learning.” I heard something in the brush and dropped my voice lower, “Maybe let’s head back to town before something else comes along though? I’m sure you could handle it but I’d feel better.” I started warily back along the path we had been following into the woods, headed back in the direction of Urbus hoping Kirbs would be a step behind him.

@Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirbs raised an eyebrow and walked past him. Looking around, she found nothing. Shrugging her shoulders, she walked back to Mortambo. "Nothing to be found here." She gave him a small smile and patted his shoulder with her palm. "So I guess this is where we part ways, eh? Say, let me send you a friend request," she continued, scrolling through her menu. Sending him a request, she looked up and grinned. "So, I'll message you if I ever wanna hunt again, okay?" Kirbs sent him a cheery look and gave another smile and closed her menu. Scratching Scarfy behind the ears, she gave him a small wave. "See you later!" She gave him one last grin before walking away to the nearest town. Well, this day had been eventful, for me at least. She shoved her hands into her pockets and cracked a small smile. Maybe, I made a friend today.

Searching for Treasure Chest:

Spoiler

ID: 111522

LD: 1, No Treasure Chest Found

 

SUMMARY:

Kirbs:

-550 Col

-1 SP

-1 Unidentified T1 Perfect Armor/Shield [111053A] 

-1 Unidentified T1 Perfect Weapon [111053B] 

Mortambo:

-550 Col

-1 SP

-1 Unidentified T1 Perfect Weapon [111053C] 

Edited by Kirbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×