[F1-SP] Symphony <<Earning a Living: Tailor>>

"Why Hello there! My name is Rufus, and I'd love to show you around if you got the time." The man seems to know how to dress, Rufus' clothing scream fashion, and you can't help but notice the expert sewing that went into the clothing he is wearing. He beckons you back to his work station, hoping you would follow. "Now, this is where I make my latest in fashion, maybe you could use some help with it yourself,"He says and gives the player a quick look up and down, "Blast it! I have completely run out of materials to show you what I am talking about, the process is so beautiful, and the clothing that comes out is amazing... Wait! You seem like you can take care of yourself, would you mind searching for some for me? I can even show you how to craft the best fashion around the world! I would just need five materials, sounds easy right?"

Symphony looked up from the material in surprise. "O-oh, um sure!" she replied. She quickly asked Rufus about the materials she would need to get and where to find them and then quickly hurried towards the Safe Zone gates. Luckily, the materials she needed were right outside of the gates, so she wouldn't need to worry about any large monsters or beasts that may want to attack her. And even if there were monsters who did find her rather tasty looking, she had a new dagger to test out. She stared proudly at the gleaming black and steel dagger hanging by her hip. 

As she approached the gates, she waved to the NPC guards and smiled, happy that she could step outside of the gates again. Only a few yards away from the gates, she spotted one of the first materials she needed. She quickly hurried over and grabbed some dried vines and grass that could be combined to make a unique sewing sinew/thread. She put the items into the brown, small pouch at her side and began to search for the second material she needed. 

ID#: 113590  LD: 18

Quest objectives: 1/5 materials collected

She twirled her dagger in her right hand as she pulled out a book from her inventory labelled "Materials for Tailoring". It had been written by another player, and she had gratefully given him a couple of potions in return for the lovely book. It was bound in blackened leather with the binding made of thin sinew and thread. The pages were cut evenly on old, thickened paper, and he had hand written the words using a light, cursive font. 

She turned to a page in the middle of the book and read aloud, "The roots of the tallest trees are the strongest for binding and mixing into lathers to bathe leather in." Hm. Interesting, she thought. She looked around for the tallest tree and spotted one over 10 meters tall just a few feet away. Taking firm hold of her dagger, she began cutting the thick roots. After a few moments of struggling, the root finally broke free and she quickly tucked it into her pouch. 

ID#: 113604  LD: 15

Quest objective: 2/5 materials found

Symphony began to cut another root for some extra supplies when the root fell away and disintegrated in her hand. It seemed the tree was suffering from root rot. Symphony made a note of this in case the disease spread in the future. It was a worrisome disease that could spread to other trees, and she had seen it destroy whole orchards before. It could even destroy the crops of the players and NPCs if it got inside the Safe Zone, Symphony thought to herself while studying the trees around her. It was a dangerous problem, but luckily no other trees showed signs of the disease. 

She looked back at her book and turned to another page to check and see which other materials she needed. "Hm, I need to find a purple flower with heart shaped petals next," she said aloud to herself. The petals could be used to dye fabrics into a bluish or purplish color. 

Roll ID#: 113685  LD: 1

Edited by Symphony

After looking for the flower in the area near the gate for a few minutes, Symphony realized that it did not grow in the area. She would have to venture farther down the path in order to find the material. Making sure that she had all the materials she had collected secured in pouch, she decided to set off farther away from the Safe Zone to see what she could find. After traveling about a half a mile away from the Safe Zone, Symphony found the flower growing among thick bushes deep in the trees. However, it seemed as though it was a mimicking flower -- it may have looked like the one she wanted, but it was actually poisonous. Thankfully, Symphony noticed that it was a mockery just in time. She quickly drew her hand back as soon as she saw the black mark that distinguished it from its safe twin. 

Roll ID# 113688  LD: 14

Edited by Symphony

Turning around, Symphony began to search the area again for the flower she sought. However, each time she thought she had found the purple flower, she found its poisonous brother instead. "Ugh," Symphony exclaimed in frustration. At this point, she had been searching for materials for about an hour or so. She decided to sit down for a small break and took out the book about plants from earlier. "Okay, let's see here . . .," she said to herself as she flipped through the pages. 

She flipped to the page on the purple flower that she needed and read to see where it could be found. On the map beside the description of the flower, she saw that the flower was located about a mile farther down the trail in a nice clearing surrounded by blackberry bushes. Noting where she needed to go, she stood up, gathered her things, and set out in search of the illusive flower. 

Roll ID#: 113689  LD: 5

Edited by Symphony

Symphony began to hum to herself as she looked for ingredients. The peaceful trees and nature around her reminded her of hiking in the mountains and national parks in the real world. She closed her eyes and let herself relax, breathing in the warm scents around her of all the blooming flowers. She opened her eyes to look down at the ground and noticed a small rose petal laying on the ground. "Hm, what's this?" she asked herself. She picked up the petal and noticed some more leading like a trail into the woods. She followed the trail to a hidden rose garden and looked around in awe. Red, white, purple -- all colors of the rainbow of roses surrounded her. She gasped in awe. Wow, who would have known that such a magical garden was hiding right near the safe zone? she thought to herself. She went to pick a blue rosebud, but it wilted in her hand. Hm, I guess I'll need to find some stronger specimens to collect.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113841

LD: 4

Edited by Symphony

She went to pick a fresh, just-bloomed pink rose, but it disintegrated in her hands. She frowned. Why are these things so fragile? She went to grab another, and it again fell apart in her hands. Okay, something else must be going on here. Could this be an illusion?, she thought to herself. None of this made sense. Of course the illusion aspect seemed the most believable explanation at this point in time. She went around the garden, trying to pluck more of the different rose bushes, but each kept disappearing in her hand. She closed her eyes and tried to sense anything around her. Oddly enough, she couldn't sense the bushes when her eyes were closed. It was like nothing was there. She opened her eyes and realized that what she saw around her was an illusion. 

Turning around quickly, she left the place, feeling as though something was watching her as well. After getting a few yards from the mysterious garden, she immediately started to feel better and like nothing was watching her anymore. "Phew." She went to a part of the forest closer to the Safe Zone, breathing in the fresh air and trying to relax herself once more. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113842

LD: 1

Edited by Symphony

Turning her mind back to the task at hand, she started to look up in the trees for any moss she could collect. Next, she looked for the right sized tree to climb up. She spotted the perfect one a few feet away and began to climb. After about 15 feet of climbing, she pulled herself up onto a thick branch and rested there. She began examining the moss but realized that this tree had started to rot, so the moss was not healthy enough to use as a pure material. She sighed and looked around. Could there be more root rot spreading among the trees now? I would hate to see this forest start to disappear... And it didn't make sense that there would be diseases in the game... Could it have been a new update? She shook her head of these confusing questions and started back down the trunk. Jumping nimbly from branch to branch and back down to the ground. She landed perfectly and began looking for more materials. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113843

LD: 7

Edited by Symphony

While checking under the brush and low-hanging branches for materials, Symphony began to sing to herself, making up a fun tune and melody:

"Searching, searching, searching is not for fun. 

If I can't finish soon,

I'll surely be done,

For today, for tonight, for forever!" 

Symphony giggled to herself, having fun with her little song-creating game. It was a fun little game she played when she was younger and when she was bored. It always managed to cheer her up. Once again smiling, she began to skip along the trail, happy and now content. She began to sing again. 

"Oh flower, oh flower,

Where do you lie?

I'd rather be warm inside a tavern,

Than be set out here to die."

She cracked herself up with her fun rhymes and rhythms. And out here outside of the safe zone, she was free to sing and dance and be silly all she wanted. She enjoyed the liberation. Sighing contentedly, she sat down and took a break, picking at the grass beside her. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113847

LD: 11

Edited by Symphony

While picking the ground around her, Symphony noticed that she had accidentally picked apart a rare flower that could be used as a material, thus making it useless. She sighed and laid down on her back and fell asleep. She dreamed about her lover before this whole game. They had dated for years and had loved each other tremendously. Her face twisted into a grimace in her sleep. She remembered being trapped in the game and realizing that she had no clue where her lover had gone. She remembered the panic and fear as if it were yesterday. Replaying the whole nightmare in her sleep, she finally woke up with a scream. She quickly shook her head, trying to clear the images from her mind. She sighed. Oh how much I miss him, she thought. She sent a silent prayer for his safety to the gods up above. May they guide and watch over him.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113848

LD: 12

Edited by Symphony

After settling her nerves, Symphony stood up, dusted herself off, and took a moment to look around her. Trees, shrubs, and tiny flowers were spread out around the glassy knoll she had found. Suddenly, a small squirrel drew her attention. Bringing out her dagger, she quickly aimed and threw it at the squirrel as it paused on its way up a tree trunk. Whoosh! The darn thing landed just below the left rear foot of the creature, managing only to scare it farther up the tree to safety. Symphony sighed and walked over to the tree, plucking her dagger from where it stuck, dug into the tree by about 2 to 3 inches. Hm, I must be really out of practice with my aim, she thought. I'll have to make time to practice, she noted to herself. Usually her aim was much better than this. And now her error had cost her another chance at a material. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113849

LD: 13

Edited by Symphony

Symphony managed to drop her dagger onto a rare material once she plucked it from the tree. "Are....are you serious?" she said to herself. Now her clumsiness was just becoming an embarrassing level. Sighing, she dug her dagger again into the tree in frustration. "Why can't I find anything?? Ugh, this is so infuriating." It seemed her luck had turned for the worst, so she decided to take a break and wait for it to return.

She went back over to the grassy knoll and pulled out a book with clear pages and began to write in it. It was her book of poems that she had began to create. In the real world, she would always write poetry to relieve stress and practice her literacy skills. She began to write: 

Oh whispering wind blowing through the fields,

Have you brought news from far away?

I hear your honeyed words in my ears,

But do you tell the truth?

Please bring me news of my love,

May he be safe and well.

I'm waiting with open arms for him to return

And warm my heart again.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113854

LD: 6 

(Are you hecking serious??)

Edited by Symphony

She sighed and closed the journal. She reclined and laid down on the grass, gazing up at the sky. I wonder where he is, she thought to herself. She had not seen her lover in 2 years... how much she missed him. She had waited here hoping for him to come down to the lower floors again one day, but to no avail so far. 

The warm sun caressed her face and warmed her, easing the cold, painful feeling in her heart. She looked up and saw a flock of birds pass over her. They reminded her of the world and how it kept moving no matter what happened. She must do the same. 

She decided to get up and immediately tripped, falling on an upturned root that could have been used as an ingredient if she had not have crushed it with her fall. She looked down and sighed.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113855

LD: 5

Edited by Symphony

Symphony wandered a bit more and found an orchard. "Huh. How weird. Never seen one of these before." She spotted a weird looking fruit tree with red and purple fruits shaped like a mix between a pear and an apple. She plucked one and ate it, it was sweet and tart at the same time. Licking her lips, she decided to gather a few more as materials. The skin of the fruit could easily be drying and crushed up for a die, and the fruit itself could be used as food. 

She took out her journal and marked down the fruit and where she could find it. The fruit did not have a name -- at least not one given in her books about the trees and plants of the area -- so she decided to name the fruit. Hm, what would be fitting? she thought to herself. Suddenly, she had an idea: a Pearl Apple. Perfect. She jotted the name down quickly and tucked the book back into her inventory. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113856

LD: 18

Quest objective: 3/5 materials found

Edited by Symphony

She looked at the other fruit in the orchard, but found no other strange fruits that could be used as materials. And the other Pearl Apple trees were not blooming yet. She took note of this and left the orchard. Beginning to hum again, she started to relax and decided to sit down for a lunch. 

Out of her inventory, she pulled out a picnic basket. Inside the picnic basket was two peanut butter and banana sandwiches, an old potion bottle filled with some water, and a few cuts of celery with peanut butter and raisins spread on them. She smiled and licked her lips, starting with the sandwiches and then eating the celery. Immediately, she began to feel better and more energized. She then drank all of the water, packed everything up in her inventory, and headed out again. Walking farther down a path, she saw a stream and decided to follow it. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113858

LD: 4

Quest objective: 3/5 materials found

Edited by Symphony

She followed the stream to a flowing little pond and decided to take a dip. She took off her armor and let herself be cooled in the nice waters. Sighing peacefully, she noticed some moss on the bottom of some rocks and dived a few feet for it. She came back up and put the material back in the pouch attached to her armor. 

She sighed as she went back into the water, the coolness massaging and relaxing her muscles. She floated on her back aimlessly for a little while, thinking about nothing and saying nothing. Just total silence. Fish nibbled at her toes and fingers every once in a while, but besides that she was completely alone and not bothered. 

After an hour or so of relaxing, she decided it was time to get back to gathering and put on her clothes and armor again. Making sure everything was secure on her person, she set out again. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 113859

LD: 16

Quest objective: 4/5 materials found

Edited by Symphony

She decided to head over to a nearby pond where she could watch some ducks eat and float by while she searched. While she was at it, she could even try her hand at some fishing! As she walked over, she stared up at the sky and watched a formation of geese heading in the same direction as she was. Hm. They probably want to enjoy the water and fish, too. It seemed the pond would be quite busy with visitors today.

As she got closer to the pond and the dock next to it, she spotted a marigold and reached down to pick it as a material. However, it seemed a small duck had had the idea and got to it first. A little disappointed but more entertained than anything, Symphony giggled as she saw the duck waddle adorably away. Oh well, there are plenty of flowers where that one came from, she thought.

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114101

LD: 12 (fail)

Quest objective: 4/5 materials found

OCC: roll 144100 was also mine, but i forgot to declare a purpose. oops xP

Edited by Symphony

Just as that thought passed through her mind, she happened to gaze over to her right and noticed a new bloom of several marigolds. "Oh, yes!" she exclaimed as she plucked a few from the bunch. "Now I'm all set to head back to town," she said to herself. She then placed the blooms into her leather pouch attached to her belt and headed back down the path towards the town, happy that she had finally found all the materials she needed. Having no trouble along her way back, she quickly made it back to the town and safe zone within the hour. Nearly skipping with excitement, she entered the tailor's shop and showed him the materials. "Look what I found, Rufus!" she said proudly.

"Oh, would you look at that! You did indeed find everything I asked you for. Well done indeed, young one," he said while smiling at her. "Now follow me over to my sewing station and I'll show you how everything is done." 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114102

LD: 15 (Success!)

Quest objective complete: 5/5 materials found

Next objective: Travel back to town and craft

Edited by Symphony

Symphony quickly followed Rufus over to his work station and watched keenly as he threaded the needle and picked the right type of threads and materials. He was very skillful indeed, and finished his demonstration quickly and efficiently. Then he turned to her and said, "Now it's your turn! Don't be afraid if you mess up the first time. Very few manage to make a Perfect or even Rare item on the first try." He then motioned her towards the machine. 

Sitting down and gathering her materials, she began to arrange the armor and sew into it. However, as she finished, she realized that she had managed to make the stitches in the armor crooked. "Oh, dear!" she exclaimed as she went over to show Rufus her work.

"Oh, that's quite alright, dearie," he replied. "The materials can still be used, so just carefully take the stitching out and try again." 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114103 

CD: 9 (Salvage)

Salvage roll 

Roll ID#: 114104

LD: 12 (kept materials)
Quest objective: 0/1 creations made

Edited by Symphony