[F1-PP] A Welcome Surprise

Symphony walked down the cobblestone steps of the Safe Zone, twirling her dagger in her right hand as she read a book held in her left. Today is a perfect day for a hunt, she thought to herself. The sun was shining, no clouds to be seen, and the wind blew gently through her hair. Everything was perfect. 

She was wearing her black leather armor over a black t-shirt as always, with her black combat boots and dark jeans fitting perfectly as well. Her long, black-hilt dagger was freshly sharpened and she was ready for a good hunt today. She smiled to herself. Today she was venturing off alone -- per usual -- and expected to find some loot from fallen enemies. 

When she finally reached the gate, she waved hi to the guards, put her book away, and stepped out of the safe zone, breathing in the fresh air deeply. "Ah, here we go again," she said to herself. She closed her eyes and listened as she walked her secret, well-worn and practiced path deeper into the forest. 

I watched her from the moment she left her room till the moment she walked to the gate. Her tracking dot was blue on my screen showing that she and i were friends and that she couldn't hide from me without  using a skill. I waited for her outside on the exact same path she used to travel back and forth to her destinations. I waited there wearing a white coat with blue trimmings over a white outfit and grey pants. I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed and my katana at my side. The wind flew threw my purple hair and it felt nice, even it it was just a bunch of 1s and 0s. (OOC: Picture included)

I heard the gates begin to open signaling that she was on her way out. I pushed off the wall and watched for her. As she came around the corner I could see her brown medium length hair whisking in the wind.

"Hey i hope youre ready for an adventure and some weapon training." I said opening my arms up for her hoping to receive a long missed hug from my dearest Symph. @Symphony

147B73FA-660D-4B37-8CB9-AB088FD1633E.jpeg

At the sound of a voice, Symphony jumped and drew a dagger. She turned to look at who was speaking, and her eyes widened in surprise as she realized it was her lost lover. "Riyu? Is that really you?" Her mouth broke open into a wide smile, and she sheathed her dagger. She jumped and hugged him, hanging onto his neck. Stepping back, she then spoke again in an excited rush. "Where have you been? I've been looking and waiting for you on the bottom floors for the last two years!" Her eyes began to water with emotion, and she gently dabbed them away with her hand. 

"I-i'm sorry for being so emotional. It's just I thought I may never see you again." She reached out to hug him once more, grateful that he had made it back safe to her. How long she had waited for his return, fearing for the worst, but hoping for the best. Now that he was right in front of her, it seemed too good to be true. 

She jumped on me something that i wasn't expecting. She hugged me tightly and i hugged her back. She was so excited that she had to ask me if i was even real.

"I think so at least" i say reaching over and pinching myself and wincing in pain. "Nope its definitely me, im not just a bunch of ones and zeros, nor is my name on the wall. So i am very much alive." 

Sh tried to apologize for being emotional. "Symph you were just as emotional in the real world, how was i supposed to know this was any different." i laughed a little bit "But i completely understand, what more can I say, i found you, you found me and we are all back together." I smiled trying to hold back my tears of joy.

"So what do we have on your agenda today, seeing as today is a free day for me?" i asked her nicely

Symphony perked up at his question and jumped up and down excitedly. "Well, I was just on my way to go hunting! Would you care to join me?" 

Her dagger was strapped to the side of her royal blue armor. It was freshly sharpened and ready to get to work. In fact, while she was out today, she had planned to do some hunting and gather materials for her tailor shop. 

She let Ryu know that she wasn't going to be hunting anything really big today. "Oh, though my hunting might bore you as I'm still a lower level." She blushed, embarrassed at her low level compared to his. The glowing number 4 at the side of her screen paled in comparison to his. 

Though if he did accept her offer, it would be a welcome change of pace. And she would also get the chance to learn what he had been up to these last 2 years. 

Edited by Symphony

"Hunting huh? Well seeing as i do a crap ton of damage now i might be able to help you strike some things down, but if we run into trouble, might wanna let me handle it" i said with a wink. It was not that hunting was a boring thing but if she needed materials that she needed then I'm willing to help someone i cared about.

"It might not be the most impressive thing in the world BUT if you've opened a shop, maybe you'd want to come and make a double with me. I just made it to rank five as a black smith and i could use a hunting partner as well as a crafting partner" i said almost as if thing never changed from the outside world

I looked to my level on my screen after she mentioned being a lower level. I opened my stats screen from my menu and slid it over to her (see below). I didnt want to make her mad however there was nothing i could do about it. "Leveling up kinda just happens when you clear floor bosses ya know?" i joked with her "Lead the way Symph"

She looked at his screen. "Gah! So high of a level. Hm, I'll have to keep up hunting even more just to catch up with you," she teased.

Then she thought about the shop idea. "Huh, I've never known that there could double shops, but it sounds like a wonderful idea! You could craft weapons in one area and then I could sell light armor and trinkets on the other side." She smiled at the idea and then smiled up at him. "If you're up for it, we can continue talking about the idea while hunting." 

She took a look around her to find a good place for a hunting spot. She knew there was a clear field surrounded by woodland areas just a short distance up ahead where wild boars and other creatures liked to eat and hunt for prey. "I do know a place up ahead if you would like to follow me so we can get some good materials and loot." She looked over at him. 

I chuckled at her. 

"Do you mean the Valley?" I asked her jokingly knowing almost exactly where she was trying to take me. "Yeah thats my old hunting ground. No wonder we get along so well, we are connected on a much deeper level and im not talking about the ones and zeros keeping us locked in this death game" 

I let her lead the way knowing that it was just nice knowing that she was nearby once again. "So has anything changed in you since you came here? Like have you been on any interesting adventures in the last two years?" I said trying to make conversation while we walked. It was important that i kept her from knowing too much of the past 2 years but enough that she still trusts me. There were just some things in the world i was not ready to talk about and boy did i have a lot of those memories. 

Symphony smiled when he recognized the place. "Oh, yeah! Haha what a coincidence that you were there before." She continued to walk towards the valley, listening to his questions.

She took a moment to think about what had happened these past 2 years. Obviously, she hadn't been hunting or trying to level up as could be seen by her low stats. "Well, I spent the majority of it searching for you," she said while looking forward, her face flushed with embarrassment. "When the game started, I didn't know where you went, and I figured I should find you seeing that we were lovers before coming in here. I kept looking for you on the lower floors, and I stayed here in case you came back. Which you did!" She smiled back to him. "I also spent a majority gathering my own library of books written by fellow players and NPCs. They range from plants and materials all the way to hunting and the bosses that are located on the upper levels." She stopped short of getting carried away about the books. Back in the real world, she had been a book worm. It seemed that trait had carried over to this world. 

She mentioned some of the books that were written about monsters and bosses on the lower floor and i could do nothing but chuckle at it.

"You might want to look inside the front cover of some of those books again, i probably helped write them" i smiled "You can tell because next to my name i draw a little dragon" 

I remembered how much she cared about books back in the real world and honestly, she was the only reason why I kept reading books myself. There was nothing more interesting than stalking the library to sneak a peak at her next book and reading it to completion before her so that i could discuss it with her before the end of the day. What i really missed was playing games at my house seeing as my parents were developers and we got to be the beta testers for them. We'd stay up for hours debating the concept of the games and studying the lore my parents had made before passing out on the couch together. I caught myself smiling and i kept it going hoping she could read my mind.

Symphony looked over at him with surprise. "Oh, really?!" She pulled out her favorite book, "Hunting a Predator", and checked the front cover. "Huh, well would you look at that. They did give credit to someone on the front... but the only symbol there is an orange dragon." She smiled to herself. "Your favorite color..." 

She looked up at him and noticed him smiling. Catching on to what he could be thinking about she smiled with him. "Thinking of old memories, huh?" She walked over and hugged him quickly. "I missed you so much, you silly idiot," she said affectionately. 

Suddenly, a large boar jumped out of the bushes to their left and broke through the pair. "Woah!" Symphony yelled, as she pushed Ryu opposite her to safety. Then she charged in out of reflex to defend him and defeat the beast. However, her blade slipped at an angle off the hide of the beast. It turned around and hit her in the chest, knocking her to the side. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114214

BD: 2 (fail)

MD: 6 (success)

Symphony

79/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ

Boar

50/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Symphony

Sh was entertained by my signature. It was something i had been doing since middle school when i used to write notes but i started using them on love notes to save my name a secret when talking to her. She then hugged me once more but suddenly i felt a forceful shove right after we heard some rustling in the bushes. I only moved a few steps backwards a tiny little bit as she went and attacked a tiny little boar. Well at least she tried to defend me which i appreciate. It was sad that she missed her attack. I drew my new katana, a black blade with a red line going straight up the blade. 

ID# 114215 BD = 2 miss (activate LM next turn)

I approached the boar from behind and attempted a low level sword skill as if to try and weaken it for a simple strike but the boar noticed me at the last second and jumped out of the way.I slashed and missed entirely, ruining my combo. 

"Hmm thats not nice mister pig, please come back" i said slightly unenthusiastically knowing that the poor pig might run away from me. 

Symphony laughed lightly as Ryu missed. "Not much has changed, huh love?" she teased while sticking her tongue out. However, her teasing caused her to lose focus, and her next jab mixed. Again, she failed to dodge in time and the boar hit her in her leg, making her lose balance and fall. "Ooph. Stupid pig." She got up and watched as it made another circle and ran around both her and Ryu. It seemed like the thing could tell that Ryu could obliterate it off the face of the world if he wanted. It seemed like it could tell she was more around its level -- especially after she had missed twice in a row now. 

"I swear I'm much better than that," she said while laughing lightly. "I must be a little off today." She stretched and looked over to Ryu, noticing his blade. "Huh, that's an interesting katana you have there. You'll have to tell me about it after this." 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114216

BD: 2

MD: 8

Symphony

78/80 HP | 5/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ

Boar

50/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Symphony

I smiled at her kind yet silly taunting. "I swear ive hit small and big targets this shouldn't be that bad." The boar decided to keep running around us waiting for Symph to get distracted before slamming into her leg. 

"Gotta watch those little suckers, they will naw your ankles until you die" i said jokingly preparing to another sword. Thats when she said she swore she was much better at this. "I believe you, sometimes these boars get spawned with insane stats." 

ID# 114222 BD = 5 + 2 (Light momentum) = 7 Hit. 14 dmg dealt +1 Hate

I simply walked up to the distracted boar and gave it a nice slice on the side dealing well over a quarters worth of health damage to the beast. Thats when it decided that i was now a bigger threat. 

"Hey dear, i think i aggro'd it, you should be able to finish it off without too many health points being lost now" i said watching the gleam in the boars eyes stare at me.

Ryu: HP: 680/680    EP: 67/68 (<-- Enemy focus)

Symph: HP: 78/80   EP 5/8

________________VS__________________

Boar 36/50 HP 

Symphony watched as Ryu hit the darn thing and cheered, "Good job! Now we should finally start landing hits!" 

She spun to face the boar, who was now racing towards Ryu. She lashed out with her blade and missed by an inch as the pig dodged her attack. However, it seems she had distracted the pig enough to make it miss its attack on Ryu. "Sorry again, hun!" she yelled to him. 

Cursing under her breath, she watched as the boar ran into a tree after missing its attack. At least that gave for some humor. She laughed as watched the dumb thing get up, stagger around, shake its head, and started running around in random directions again. "These things aren't the smartest, now are they..." she said to herself. Finally, the boar managed to get its directions straight, and it stopped to paw the ground and snort with frustration. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114246

BD: 4 (fail)

MD: 1 (fail)

Symphony

78/80 HP | 4/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ

Ryu: HP: 680/680    EP: 67/68 (<-- Enemy focus)

Boar

36/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Symphony

(Due to miss +2 Savvy activates)

I watched her once again try and attack the poor boar and once again missed, however the pig also missed me by a long shot and slammed head first into a tree off in the distance. It took its time rear its ugly head back around but by that time i had already approached it read to take the next strike into it body. I raised my sword prepared for a counter attack as well.

ID# 114248 BD = 9 pseudo crit 14 base damage + 1 crit damage = 15 damage

I slashed it across the face making i squeal out in pain. "This little piggy went to market, and this little piggy decided to be a pain in the butt" i yelled at the boar taking a couple of steps back knowing i had only aggo'd it more. 

"Theres no need to apologize to me in combat Symph, just finish off the little piggy and we can get the next one too." I spoke to her calmly knowing that this game isn't the easiest to play.

Ryu: HP: 680/680    EP: 67/68 (<-- Enemy focus +2 Hate)

Boar

21/50 HP | 15 DMG

Symphony laughed. "You always were the silly one, huh?" she asked Ryu after he had spoken. 

Then she suddenly focused and her nature became very serious. She watched as the boar charged back towards her and she prepared her shiny blade. As the boar grew closer, she waited until the last second to leap over it and drag her blade through the thick beast's hide, leaving a deep cut halfway along its back. "Ha! Finally!" she shouted as she landed. 

Then the beast grew even more infuriated and changed directions, charging at full speed towards Ryu. Before he could dodge, the boar hit him right in the chest, knocking him down and landing a critical hit. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114249

BD: 8 (success)

MD: 10 (+ 2 crit)

Symphony

Ryu: HP: 679/680    EP: 67/68 (<-- Enemy focus +2 Hate)

Boar

17/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Symphony

I laughed along side her and suddenly i felt the full force of the boars body slam into my own sending me straight to the ground. It wasn't painful and I barely saw my health bar drop however it did catch me off guard. I held my weapon tight and rolled with the attack allowing myself to stand right back up and prepare to attack once again. 

"Take some notes, combat doesn't get much more difficult than learning patterns but im sure some day soon you'll be fighting boss fights soon enough with me and Shark" i said to her smiling the looking back at the boar. "Your turn Bacon Bit" I said slashing my sword.

ID# 114254 BD = 5 (LM activates next turn)

I missed the attack. I was surprised that i was letting a little tiny pig get the best of me. But then again this wasn't my fight it was Symphs.

"You go this, use a sword skill it'll die faster, i cant risk killing it or else i wont get any rewards for it." i said looking to Symph

Symphony looked over at him. "Did you seriously just call the thing Bacon Bit?" She laughed. 

Nodding to Ryu's advice, she prepared her sword art. Charging up her blade, she charged the beast and dashed in circles around it, striking the beast in the sides twice. The boar let out a roar of frustration as she dashed around him. 

After she had finished, Symphony stepped back and watched as the boar charged Ryu again, striking him in the leg this time. Though it was a powerful hit, it didn't seem to phase Ryu that much. 

"Your turn, hun. Try to hold back this time so that I can finish him off, haha!" she shouted to him. While she waited for Ryu to attack, she quickly wiped her blade on the grass to take the pixel blood patterns off of it. She looked at her reflection in the blade once it was all clean and gleaming again. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114255

BD: 8 (success)

MD: 10 (+2 crit)

Symphony

78/80 HP | 3/8 EN | 4 DMG (8 DMG this turn for sward art) | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ

Ryu: HP: 678/680    EP: 67/68 (<-- Enemy focus +2 Hate)

Boar

9/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Symphony

The boar charged at me once again and slammed into my leg. It did another tiny amount of damage to me and then tried to run off. Symph suddenly told me to try and hold back again it but i knew that if i struck it with my sword i would kill it but i new i had a skill that might not do any damage towards it. Instead i decided to sheath my katana and i raised my hand to a boxer like stance. I was seriously about to do this

D# 114257 BD = 10 1 + 2 crit damage = 3 damage dealt.

I reeled back my fist and ran a the boar and i straight up delivered a delicious  right hook directly into the side of the piggies face sending it flying into next week. Well not really next week but definitely dazing it. I shook my hand as if i had gone and hurt myself. 

"Now THAT is how you do things, that is how i deal a small amount of damage without killing it." i laughed to myself.

Symphony

78/80 HP | 3/8 EN | 4 DMG (8 DMG this turn for sward art) | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ (+2 Hate)

Ryu: HP: 678/680    EP: 67/68 (<-- Enemy focus +3 Hate)

Boar

6/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by RyujinSeaLord