[F2 PP] "A Wandering Giant." <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Rythose walked through the second floor of Aincrad, walking up a larger mountain on the south side of the floor. He was ridden inside the cloth hood of his armored chest, the armor on his chest looking like roof shingles placed on each other. The shoulders on the armor almost looked like shoulder pads, but more flat. The elbows of his armor were just like the shingles on the rest of his body, but more in a spiked way up towards his shoulders. The tassets of his armor were made into the same as the hood's cloth, but it were made into a dress like bottom part. The clouds above him were dark, most likely going to rain soon, but he didn't care, he was just trying to get away from civilization. The temperature was about 16C, and with the wind it felt even colder. 

He walked up the mountain, looking around as he noticed a little hut, but he was of course a little hesitant to approach it, thinking to himself, "What is that doing out here? I wonder if its a trap...perhaps even a player made trap." He looks around a little, trying to see if he can spot any players near him.

@Pinball

If Pinball had to put a pin on any one location he seemed to meet the most people, it would have to be the mountaintop where people went to complete Breaking the Unbreakable. Normally, then, he'd steer clear of it - he didn't want to put himself out there any more than he had, and he was still a wanted man, even if not actively hunted anymore. He'd done very, very, bad things. This was just the start of his journey towards reconciliation. 

So he wore his disguise. 

The player that hiked up the cliffside would be met with a tall, lanky teen with long, messy white hair that was partially parted over one of his dull gray eyes. He wore black clothing, and what looked like leather straps and boots over his pants, though his torso was concealed by a ratty looking purple cloak. Around his waist there was a belt; on his right hip there was a sheathed sword and on the left there was a satchel that looped around his shoulder under aforementioned raggedy looking cloak. 

But he didn't say anything. Instead, he opted to wait - wait and see how this person reacted. Most people who took this quest were beginners, so how would he react to seeing an orange-player right off the bat? Would he run? Freak out? Attack him? Ignore him? 

Pinball slowly blinked his tired, dead looking eyes. 

@Rythose

Noticing the person in the purple cloak Rythose almost just ignored him, but once he saw that he was an orange player he stopped. Rythose had been warned about people with orange icons above them, "player killers" as they were referred to, or at least the starting of a player killer; most player killers had red icons. "I've never seen an orange player before...I wonder if he's a Player Killer or he just got caught up in something bad...can't know unless I ask."

Rythose then nodded to him and dully said, "Hello there! So am I walking into a trap or was meeting you just a coincidence? No offense but I'm new here in this part of the floor and a cabin in the middle of no where usually means a trap, although I could be wrong, if so I apologize." His voice was quite monotone, and his expression was almost a bored look.

@Pinball

Edited by Rythose
Forgot to tag.

"It's a coincidence," he replied immediately. The unusually soulless stare of the boy shifted to the boulder in the center of the mountaintop before returning to the player standing before him. He was probably here for the quest, right? It took him a second to actually process that line of thought... even though that's why he'd come here in the first place. But even still. 

Why, again, was he here? To meet new people? Since when? That didn't sound like him. 

Pinball hesitated, but said nothing, instead opting to readjust the sword on his waist. But silence was awkwardly stifling, so he had to come up with something - something that, hopefully, put this bored looking dude at ease. 

"Uh. Are you doing the quest?" 

Pinball half-heartedly jabbed a thumb over his shoulder at the giant rock in the background. The object of so many players' doom: all because they ask the same, horribly wrong first question when they started out. 

How hard could it possibly be to break the unbreakable? 

@Rythose

Hearing that it was a coincidence that they were meeting Rythose nodded to him, clearly not caring that he was an orange player, which is probably strange behavior for most. Rythose just watched him as it got awkwardly silent, noting that he adjusted his sword, but when he didn't attack him, he thought to himself, "Well if he were a Player Killer I can just about imagine he would've attacked me already."

When the cloaked figure asked him if he was here to do a quest, Rythose raised an eyebrow and asked, "What quest? I didn't know there was one up here." "Is that the reason for this seemingly random cabin. Makes sense, but what does the rock have to do with anything?" He thought to himself as the man pointed to the giant rock behind him. He then shrugged and said, "Well I didn't know there was a quest up here, but it wouldn't hurt to do it."

@Pinball

"Yeah. There's a quest." 

And like a fat old lady stumbling down a flight of stairs, silence fell once more.  Pinball was trying real hard to get good with this conversation stuff. He'd never been especially talented when it came to putting himself out there - not even before everything happened - and now he was even less so. 

But he was trying. Truly, genuinely trying to. He felt like he needed to. Like it was required of him, if he was going to actually follow through with Kirbs' dying wishes. And it weighed on his heart like a cat sleeping on your chest. She'd only ever spoken those wishes once, and she would never have if it wasn't for him. 

Pinball's face, painfully neutral, never changed. Not even once. He pointed behind him without looking, bringing his thumb up and over his shoulder. That was it, for a moment, until he finally decided that pointing might not do the trick just right. So he very eloquently explained.

"In the cabin." 

@Rythose

"A quest huh? That makes sense. Probably would be smart to do that then." He thought to himself as he nodded to the cloaked person again, noting how awkward he seemed to be in a conversation, but its not like he could blame him, he wasn't that much different. He nodded again as the man explained that the cabin was where the quest giver was. Deciding to make a bold move he walked over to the man, sticking out his right hand, taking a quick glance back at the cabin before saying to him, "I'm Rythose. And as I've seen people introduce themselves with their guild name, I'm a solo player." He then used his other hand to pull the hood of his armor back, his black hair starting to wave around in the wind. His face twitched a little, almost as if he were trying to smile to the other person, but couldn't do it. 

"I'm Kobold," Pinball said, turning his back to the newly introduced Rythose. "There's a rock here. And a man in the shack who'll paint whiskers on your face. Breaking the boulder unlocks a special skill that doesn't count towards your Skill Slots." 

They certainly had some level of understanding, these two. In a way, they were almost kind of similar? For different reasons, surely, but even still, it was easier to talk to him than it was to talk to somebody that tended to lean more on the talkative side of things. 

"I'll help you, and then I have to go." 

Straight and to the point, if Rythose knew that he'd come here to see a new face, it'd be a wonder that he wanted to leave so early-! The truth was, though, that Pinball didn't actually want to leave. It was lonely, spending most of your waking hours by yourself, and sometimes he missed the company. 

The company he didn't deserve. 

Shadows gathering around his fist as he brought his arm back, Pinball threw a wicked punch at the giant rock. 

Action Taken: Basic Attack [-1 EN] 
Boulder: ID#124969 BD: 6+5= 11 (Hit!) ~ 10 DMG  

Pinball: 1120/1120 HP | 111/112 EN | 10 DMG |  3 ACC | 3 EVA 
Rythose: ?? 

Boulder: 40/50 HP | -2 EVA 

Listening to Kobold's story about the man in the cabin and the rock that apparently would give you a special skill, interested Rythose slightly, but hearing the man offer to help him honestly surprised him. "Hm...Kobold doesn't seem like the guy that would normally help someone. I wonder why he's doing this? He said it wasn't a trap, and its not like I fully trust him, but I doubt he's lying. It just doesn't seem right." Rythose nodded to him, saying, "Thank you, very much." 

Seeing him just walk up to the bolder and punch it, Rythose walked over to it, tensing his right hand into a fist before his right foot slowly slid behind the rest of his body, taking a fighting stance before he punched forward, turning his entire body into the punch.

Action Taken: Basic Attack [-1 EN]
Boulder: ID# 125098 results: BD: 4+2=6 (Hit.) ~ 1 DMG

Pinball: 1120/1120 HP | 112/112 EN | 10 DMG |  3 ACC | 3 EVA 
Rythose: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 DMG | 2 MIT

Boulder: 38/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Rythose
Fixing energy count