[F-01, SP] <<Earning a Living: Cook>>

What would be a good name for a restaurant though? Maybe the loading bar. Nah I don't want to remind myself this is a game even if it's a decent name. Still, I could take it that it means to load up on food that would be fine too. I might stick with this name after all. There are also PVP characters I have to think about that rarely get to have a good time too. Maybe I'll call it The Blind Eye Pub. That sounds better actually and less like a reference to something. Also that way I can listen in on what people have to say too. Maybe I can figure out what would sell better or hire on some staff. That's thinking ahead a bit but well worth it.

He thought to himself trying to still search around for the almond he needed. He had no idea where to look but stuck by the trees this time.  Lonzo sighed and kept looking around. He started to wonder if he'd get a kiss for delivering the goods. Either way, he now promised himself to put his feet up when this was all over.

As he looked around an acorn struck him on the head from the tree. "Ow." he looked up at it seeing aa mob up there. He glared and watched the mob jump to another tree and flee the area. Lonzo swore again under his breath and did his best to fix his auburn hair. He hmphed to no one but himself and continued to look around. He picked up the acorn wondering if it would do because it was a nut like material but it said it was rottan so he tossed it over his shoulder and promptly forgot about it. It simply wasn't worth his tome when now all he wanted was to get back to that lovely busty woman who had somehow convinced him to become a cook and actually like it.
As he looked around he knelt down again to see if there was anything at the base of the tree. Often tasting things and spitting them out because they were far too bitter.

127366 Loot: 1

Edited by Lonzo

He started to space out and put something in his mouth. It tasted pretty good. He crunched it between his teeth and then froze realizing what he had done. He had eaten the very almond he was, in fact, looking for! He swallowed and bowed his head in frustration. He was just so hungry he didn't think about it, and it wasn't bitter tasting at all so he failed to stop himself from chewing more on the nut. "Why'd it have to actually taste decent. I haven't had nuts in a while that I forgot what it was like." he sighed annoyed with himself. "Wait." he realized at that moment if he, in fact, found one that meant he was in the right place at least and quickly looked down to see if there were more laying around near where he plucked it from! His hands worked quickly and his eyes started to dart around in a glimmer of newfound hope. He could go back to the warmth of the stove in that restaurant!

127374 Loot: 7

Edited by Lonzo

His hands pulled at the grass and he chucked it behind himself. He was starting to get a little desperate at this point and tugged at his own hair. 
"Come on I just want to find this stupid thing and go back inside." he slowly looked at the NPCs that watched him. ".....Oh just shut up." he hissed venomously. They didn't even laugh but he was so frustrated at this point that he took it out on them for just doing their job. He sighed to calm down and swore again. He got up and tapped the toe of his boots out of habit and walked forwards to the bushes again. "Hello, my bushy friend....Might you have a treat for me so I can go see my precious lady who is still waiting for me?" he asked no one and knelt down to try looking by them again. He did have some luck here before maybe he'd be able to finally get back inside. He'd actually run through town just to do that at this point.

127375Loot: 6

Edited by Lonzo

He fell on his back for a moment. How long was he out here? This was taking him way too long. There was still more of the quest to do. He looked up at his exp bar and saw that it was filling more than before though. At least he'd be likely to gain a level from being here. Maybe at least. He slowly sat up and got up slowly. He looked off to where that mob ran off too, perhaps it liked nuts. He looked the tree over and picked up the acorn that had struck him, the rotton one, and went to find the mob that had knocked it down accidentally on his head. Approaching the creature it seemed willing to flee. "Hey stupid, here's your nut back now if you don't mind give me one of the teardrop looking ones would you." He threw it near the mob and it ran over to it to check it out. "Stupid rabbit squirrel thing." Lonzo crossed his arms not realizing he was looking at a rare spawn.

127376Loot: 7

Edited by Lonzo

The creature ate the rotton nut and then quickly turned and ran away in an instant.  Lonzo pursed his lips and glared. He wasn't sure what he expected from a rodent of sorts. He grumbled and walked back over to the grain field he spotted and tried to see if any other mobs hid some nuts in there. "So The Blind Eye Pub, I like it. It's not classy and it's not dismal sounding either. Maybe I should make a card or something to hand out to people. I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself though. I wonder if it will have a bedroom someplace in it. Like an inn too? I shouldn't charge too much for that, also I wouldn't want to be held responsible for other people. No, it'll just be a pub and I'll have to figure out a way to survive elsewhere even if that's a pain." He kept digging around the area.

127378Loot: 19

Edited by Lonzo

He pulled up a handfull of rocks but within them was the almond he needed! He smiled brightly "Lets see I have the egg, sugar, nut, bean, and flour." he counted on his hand twice to make sure he had everything. "All right that's everything then! Fancy, and finally." he sighed and got up dusting off. "Man I look awful, but whatever." he ran past the guards. 
"nothing to r-"
"Sorry I'd stay and chat but I"m rather busy right now I'll talk to you handsome gents later!"  he ran into the Town of beginings and did his best to dodge the various people along the way. He was actually excited to see what he'd make in the kitchen now. He mostly lived off breads and anything is given out for free by cooks or the church. So he looked forward to something sweet and yet he was worried he'd need it to sell off later. 

He ran past the fountains that littered the entrance of the Town of Beginnings and found himself trying to get past people. His hands found the backs of other players as he made sure not to accidentally run into anyone. He stepped to the side when he realized they were not going to move. He somehow didn't fall over and make a fool of himself. However, the event that was going on sure made things more difficult with more people bustling around than usual. Lonzo growled a bit when his way to the restaurant was blocked off. He sighed and looked up at the buildings and wondered if he could climb over them. He never thought himself as particularly nimble but he'd give it a try nonetheless. Lonzo sauntered over to a window and placed a foot on the sill. He lifted himself upwards and climbed the iron light that was mounted outside of it.

After the knightly character Lonzo managed to wiggle his way up to the top like a thief would, he surveyed the area and looked towards the tent further ahead. It was starting to pique his interest but he was worried about what might be waiting for him inside. He took a deep breath and instead made his way over rooftops. He jumped from one to the next and did his best not to fall which was painfully difficult as he looked down several times. Eventually, he jumped to a lamp and slid down it like a fireman's pole. This earned him a few strange looks and he shrugged it off. Guess people weren't into that sort of thing here. He might be interested if he saw someone else do it but whatever. There were a few people in front of the shop and he had slid through. "Pardon me coming through."

He went into the restaurant the other cooks looked over happily at him. "Yeah don't worry I got the supplies you don't have to worry any more guys and gals. You can always count on your buddy Lonzo." There were a few claps from then and Lonzo ruffled the back of his own hair with a wide smile. It felt kind of nice having so many people rely on him. He made his way to the back room the smell of sweet and savory filled his nostrils. His stomach growled and he felt his mouth wetten and his throat locked up. He swallowed trying to ease both issues at once. He never felt such a hungering pain before in his life. Was it like this for other players as well? He did eat daily of course but the smell of something like this it drove him almost mad with pleasure. Then again he was a sensualist after all.

He walked over to Maggie who was sorting out materials for teaching Lonzo the next step in cooking should he fail. "Did you get what we needed?" She asked him. 
"I did darlin' don't you worry your pretty little head over it." he winked at her. "Now then I think it's time to do this don't you think?" He asked as he rolled up his sleeves and washed his hands. He then opened up his inventory after his hands were clean and got the materials. He cleaned them as well and Maggie smiled. 
"You don't have to go through all that trouble Lonzo dear."
"For some reason, I want to. I haven't cooked in ages and not only am I starving for food but this feels a little wholesome don't you think Mag? This is why you're a cook right? Fills some sort of void. One in the heart and one in the gut. Right?" He asked.

She smiled brightly at his words. Then nodded. "I see you understand the foundation for why most cooks are cooks. Very well are you ready for your next task then? I have your cookware prepared let us see what your soul and heart make Lonzo! You can do it I have faith in you."
"Well, that makes one of us. My hands are still a bit chilled even after running the warm water on them, but we'll see what I can make." he walked closer to her and traded her the materials she smiled happily again and made sure her cooks had what they needed before pulling Lonzo by the arm in front of the cooking station. 
"So how do we do this? I just picture what I want in my mind and try to make it?"
"Yes, however at your current rank to unlock cooking you'll only be able to make sweets. Might I suggest thinking of baking Lonzo?"

"Okay so here are your five materials back."
"Wait didn't you need them actually?" Lonzo asked.
"No, we were just testing to make sure you could gather the right kinds of mats needed for cooking. Seems you can. So this is what we do. Once you have the material you'll get a box and it'll say if you want them into a cooking orb you see?" She asked and Lonzo nodded. "Very good, now than once it transforms you'll only need to use that material to get started." she took one of her own materials and turned it into an orb then got started. The orb broke down into all the ingredients and she was cooking in front of him. Lonzo watched her work and put something into an oven. After a few moments she took it out and it was nice cherry pie.
"Woah teach, that's pretty amazing." Lonzo smiled happily. 
"Now you try with what you've collected, please.

Lonzo opened up his inventory and again and separated all the supplies he had managed to forge. His fingers trembled a bit still cold from his venture out into the cold. Yet his body was sweating from how warm the room was. He watched as the mats transformed in front of him after he selected them to be used for cooking. He turned over the orb in his hand and set it back down allowing it to turn into all the ingredients he needed. He then turned to look at Maggie who balled up her fists and nodded to him with the most determined face he had ever seen. He pointed to one of the knives making sure that was the one he was supose to use and she nodded again with an mhm noise. Lonzo smiled at how cute she was turned the knife over in his hand a few times to check it's balance.

Too worried about cutting into the material as how it was he went over to the sharpening stone and checked to see if it was wet. It was so he moved his blade on top semi-parallel against the stone at twenty degrees. He used the heel of the blade and brought it towards himself to sharpen the blade and repeated it five times on each side then three than one side each alternating a few times. He then turned the stone over but checked the knife first seeing a bur on the edge. He smiled seeing it was finally ready. He then ran the blade over the smoother side of the sharpening stone to polish the blade so it would be ready to cut. Maggie nodded impressed with his work. "You know to do this every time before you cook correctly?" she asked him.
"Absolutely, or your blade will get dull and cause you even more problems." 

He put the knife down and separated his dry and wet ingredients. 
"Most players just put the material in and see what happens. Why don't you try that Lonzo?" She asked him.
"Maybe one day, but I don't trust my luck. I'm also trying to warm up my hands so I doubt fumble around so much. Thanks for the idea though. Besides this feels more natural to me anyway."  he started mixing things together. 
"What will you try to make Lonzo?" She asked curiously.
"I want to try to make a petit four. However, if I fail I figure it'll turn into a pie or something. Or dubious food." he chuckled. 
"Are you saying my pie was a failed attempt."
"Not at all but that would be my second pick, to make a decent pie slice if I can't make my petit four. With a nice rose on top. That'd make me pretty happy."
"I see. Good Luck."

He made the batter and placed it in the pan. He wasn't sure how good it would be but felt he did his best at it. He went over to the oven and saw because of the pie Maggie put in before that it was already preset and ready to be fired up. He took in a deep breath and placed the pan inside the oven and closed it with a light snap. Maggie put her hands together as if ready to pray. While Lonzo waited on bated breath. When he heard the dig he almost didn't even want to look in it.
"You have to take it out or it'll burn Lonzo." She warned him.
"You take it out," Lonzo asked.
"Lonzo...I can't help you in this way."
He nodded and put the oven mitts on his hands and opened up the stove to see what the fruits of his labors brought him.

127569 7

Edited by Lonzo

He winced a bit and saw that it wasn't doing well. He put it onto the marble countertop and took his oven mitts off and quickly moved the mat into the mixing bowl. It turned back into everything he had had beforehand. He stared at it surprised and then looked to Maggie not sure what just happened.

"You managed to save the material. Please try again Lonzo. You can do it I believe in you." she tried to urge him on.

He looked back at the bowl and started to separate everything again. He took his time once more and cut what he needed to. He wasn't going to clean up the knife until he was sure he was done. 

"Don't worry Maggie, I won't let your tutelage go to waste. I'm not giving up. I think I was just too cold from outside still."
"Or you left it in the oven for too long."
"Okay I'll try to take it out when the timer goes off this time," he said and placed it back into the oven and waited for it to ding once more.

127570 1

Edited by Lonzo

When the timer went off he pulled out a charred black ominous goop. He stared at it and set it on the counter. He swore under his breath and fanned it and tried to scoop out what he could into a bowl but it shattered in the blue glass-like shards. Then was gone. His shoulders sank down. Should he have taken up potion-making instead?! He felt Maggie's hand on his shoulder. 

"Again." Was all she said and without hesitation, Lonzo began cleaning the pan even though it had seemed to clean itself. 
"As you say." He put the pan back down and got to work on the food again. He wasn't giving up on his petit four but he also thought about a delectable lemon curd semifreddo that he had at a four-star restaurant a long time ago. He wondered if he could mimic its taste and graduate. 
He put the new batch into the oven and waited.

127572 Craft: 11

Edited by Lonzo

Lemon Curd Semifreddo

It wasn't his petit four that was for sure nor was it was what he was imagining. He stared at it surprised. Instead he had mad a sword shapped treat. Considering it was October maybe that made sense.
"Don't worry Lonzo, you will one day make your petit four," Maggie told him. "But this right here is proof you are indeed a cook. Here you can try mine though."

He looked over at her and she took materials from her own kitchen and put something into the oven. When it came out it was a petit four with a cute pink flower on top.

"Here try this."

He nodded and picked it up eating it in one bite. He chewed slowly savoring it's sweetness and 

"Hey, Mag, we should go get married what do you say?"
"Oh, you must say that to all the cooks you meet."
"Ha, well you might not be wrong if I get to eat like this all the time. One day I'll make a petit four for the person I care most about." he doubted that would ever happen though.
"Right well I'll give you a little help starting out okay. Here's a deed to a restaurant for you to set up. Also, I want you to have five more of these materials on top of the ones you didn't use that you got yourself. Keep up the good work Lonzo."
"What really? Thank you, Maggie."

With that, he went to head out with everything to get his restaurant ready.  

Rewards
800 col
8 mats
3 sp
Dark Chocolate Sword treat (posting still for evaluation)

Edited by Lonzo