[F01-PP] <<Earning a Living>> Trying to get a Job

James charged forward into the first buck as it was running away from his sister's attack. He sliced along the torso of the animal. But he wasn't able to jump back in time like his sister did and was hit in the chest by the buck. He was thrown a few feet away, the wind knocked out of him. He got up, bracing himself. "Wow, I must have underestimated them." He stretched. "Though, finally taking a nice hit feels nice. Doesn't hurt too bad." 

He dusted himself off and watched the second buck as it came charging back towards his sister. "Joanne. Shield!" he yelled. He knew her shield could stand the attack, but it still worried him. He wasn't comfortable seeing his sister take hits. 

He checked his health points. Only one gone. Huh. This armor is pretty good. I'll have to complement Bahr later on his craftsmanship once more.

Spoiler

basic attack vs. buck 1
Roll ID#: 127606
BD: 9 (+1 crit)

buck 1 attack
Roll ID#: 127607
MD: 10 (+2 crit)

buck 2 attack
Roll ID#: 127607
MD: 6 attack joanne

[H: 2 | 0] James: 38 - 1 =37/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 0 | 1] Joanne: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Buck 1: 30 - (3 + 12) = 15/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA 
Buck 2: 28/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

"I told you to be more careful," Joanne scolded her brother lightly. "You're lucky this isn't the real world, or that would have really hurt." She took a break from speaking to face the second buck as it sped towards her, antlers down. She spun her sword around in her right hand while waiting for the right moment to strike. When the moment hit, she ducked behind her shield before lashing out with her sword. The buck crashed against her shield and bounced off as blue sparks flew off her shield. The slash landed across its chest, merely grazing it. It seemed that the shield had done the most damage. 

She stood back up and prepared for another attack. This buck was tough. The last hit had managed to push her back a foot or two, even with her shield raised. She moved her shield arm around, letting it stretch out and loosen after that last attack. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. buck 2
Roll ID#: 127609
BD: 6 

[H: 2 | 0] James: 37/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 0 | 2] Joanne: 39 - 1 =38/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Buck 1: 15/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA 
Buck 2: 28 - (2 + 18) = 8/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA

Edited by Joanne

"How you holdin' up, sis," he asked while waiting for his buck to charge. That last hit seemed like a good one. Before he could even wait for a response, the first buck charged towards him, antlers down and its nostrils flared. Oh dear, it seems like I made it even angrier. 

He took a defensive stance and held the staff of his spear in front of him. The antlers locked with the wood of the staff, now it was a battle of strength. The buck began to push James back, his feet sliding back in the grass. With one thrust he slashed across the snout of the buck. It reared up and attempted to strike him. He tried to jump back, but the left front hoof of the buck glanced him across the shoulder. He grabbed his shoulder instinctively and took another dash backwards. Luckily, the buck hadn't landed a direct hit. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. buck 1
Roll ID#: 127610
BD: 8 

buck 1 attack
Roll ID#: 127611
MD: 6 attack james

buck 2 attack 
Roll ID#: 127612
MD: 8 attack joanne

[H: 3 | 0] James: 37 - 1 =36/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED (2/2)| LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 0 | 2] Joanne: 38/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Buck 1: 15 - (2 + 12) = 1/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA 
Buck 2: 8/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

"I'm fine, brother. Worry about yourself." She looked over at his buck's health. "Though you are doing very well. One last hit and it should be done for." She looked at her buck. If she could just land a critical, she may be able to take the beast down. However, she couldn't even get one last hit in before the darn thing charged her. She brought her shield up instinctively and felt a crash against it. But after a moment, she felt nothing as the buck exploded into pixels. She looked down and found a basic amount of loot on the floor. After picking it up, she continued speaking, "Hopefully, you get something better than this." She held up the small bag of col that she had gathered, showing it to him. "We still got a good amount of loot from today. Especially you. And then you'll get to identify them and be able to use them afterwards." 

Spoiler

basic attack vs buck 2
Roll ID#: 127613
BD: 3 + 2 = 5 (fail)

Spoiler

Loot of buck 2
Roll ID#: 127614
LD: 3
CD: 10

[H: 3 | 0] James: 36/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED (2/2)| LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 0 | 2Joanne: 38 + 5 = 40 - 1 = 39/40 HP | 1/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Buck 1:  1/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA 
Buck 2: 8 - 18 = 0/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA

loot gathered
90 col + 60 = 150 col
2 T1 materials

Edited by Joanne

"Don't jinx me!" he yelled back to his sister as the buck charged. He attempted to knock the buck to the right of him with a swing of his spear, but the buck managed to duck under and hit James in the chest, sending him flying into the air. He landed on the ground a few feet away. Dusting himself off and picking himself off, he said, "See? You jinxed it." He spit a bit of grass that had somehow gotten into his mouth and readjusted his glasses. It's a good thing these things didn't break. I wonder if they even can... He didn't want to try that thought out in case they actually did break. Then he'd be left blind against the enemies. And lord knows if there were anyone who could make glasses in this game that worked. 

"Yeah, this buck better make up for these hits with some good loot. Because he's being a pain in the-" He stopped talking and pointed to his rear.

Spoiler

basic attack vs boar 1
Roll ID#: 127615
BD: 1 + 2 = 3 fail
MD: 8 success

[H: 3 | 0] James: 36 - 1 =35/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 0 | 2Joanne: 39/40 HP | 1/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Edited by James_Hawke

"Oof. You okay over there?" Joanne asked as she saw her brother go flying. That buck really had some power. A bit more than the boar did. Luckily, it was still a first level animal and couldn't do them much harm. 

While waiting for her brother to finish, she sat down and picked at the white flowers next to her boots. She picked one, but it immediately disintegrated in her hand. Odd. I still don't understand why I can pick up some and not others. She un-equipped her helmet and armor, letting her body relax and breathe. It had begun to get hot under all the layers in the noon-day sun. She hoped that James was able to get the materials he needed with this next kill as she was getting a bit peckish. She would take her brother for lunch after he completed his quest. There was a nice cafe that they could visit for something light. 

Spoiler

looking for items to gather
Roll ID#: 127616
LD: 12, no materials found

[H: 3 | 0] James: 36 - 1 =35/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 0 | 2Joanne: 39/40 + 10 = 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (2/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Edited by Joanne

"Yeah, yeah. I'm perfectly fine, sis. Don't worry about me," he said before charging towards the first buck. With a scream and a thrust of his spear, the buck fell forward and burst into pixels. "Finally!" he yelled, before collapsing down to the ground, looking to see if the buck had dropped anything good. And it had. "Thank goodness." 

He turned and saw his sister sitting down. "Alright, time to get up. We're heading back to town now. While I'm inside with billy, feel free to do whatever you like in town." Just then his stomach growled. He laughed. "If you could get us some lunch as well, that would be awfully nice." 

He led the way back towards town, his hunger and want to finish the quest and become a merchant driving him. He couldn't wait to identify these items and use them in battle as well. He hoped that one of them would have an evasion enchantment. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs buck 1
Roll ID#: 127617
BD: 4 + 3 = 7 success

Spoiler

loot of buck 1
Roll ID#: 127618
LD: 17
CD: 9

[H: 0 | 2Joanne: 39/40 + 10 = 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (2/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Buck 1:  1 - 2 = 0/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA 

loot gathered
90 col + 90 col = 180 col
4 T1 materials
1 Rare Trinket [ID: 127618]

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne laughed, following her impatient brother. "Slow down, silly!" she yelled as they both raced through the forest. Usually, James would be the one to lag behind, texting or looking up something on his phone. Rarely in a rush. She smiled. Proud that her brother was finally growing up and starting to enjoy himself. 

As they approached the town, she pulled back on her brother and made him slow down. "Alright, alright. Calm down now," she said, still lightly laughing. "I'll head over to a cafe and get us a nice lunch, and you can head over to your mystery boy." She smiled and waved goodbye as she headed over to a small cafe called "Cutie's Creations". It was a nice little shop that served tea and biscuits along with small sandwiches and light lunches. The inside was pink and white, giving off a very feminine and cutesy vibe. Normally, Joanne wouldn't venture into such a place, but the food on display in the window had caught her attention once, and now she visited at least once a week. 

As the pair parted, James took a moment to catch his breath. He hadn't jogged or even ran that far in his whole life. He was just so excited to finally become a merchant that the excitement had driven him the whole way. After a few moments of deep breaths and panting, he headed back over to the small, make-shift shop next to the inn. "Hey, Billy," he called as he entered through the small doorway. "I have the three items that need to be identified now." 

He found Billy looking over some items and jotting something down in a small brown notebook. He looked up in surprise when he heard James' voice. "Oh! You're back! Good." He put the notebook away and came over to James. "Now let me see what you have." 

James took out the three items. Three trinkets total. "Good, good," Billy muttered to himself as he looked the items over. "Now let me show you how to identify it." After a few minutes of explaining the process, James was ready. 

"Alright, here goes nothing," he said. After a few minutes of concentrating, he had finally identified an item. "Yes!" he cried. "I did it! Thank you, Billy!" He shook the kids hand. 

Billy laughed and said, "Good. Now you can go out and make your own shop. Good luck, and have fun." 

James left the shop, excited and ready to share with his sister the item he had identified. 

Spoiler

identifying 1 Perfect trinket [ID: 127604] pocket watch, light armor
Roll ID#: 127643
LD: 11
Evasion

Roll ID#: 127644
LD: 8
Light Momentum

Roll ID#: 127645
LD: 15
Mitigation

Item created: 
[T1 Perfect Trinket] Pocket Watch
Enhancements: Evasion, Light Momentum, Mitigation
Description: Golden pocket watch with glass open face. One can see the watch face and arms through the clear glass of the top cover. Intricate golden carvings line the back and sides of the watch. 

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne stepped into the cafe and was greeted with the sweet smell of baking bread. Her body relaxed subconsciously. Stepping up to the counter, she was greeted by the perky shop owner who had pink, bouncy, long curls and wore a white apron over a pink, short dress. She wore white and pink striped stockings that rose up to the knee with black heels to match. Her name was Peppermint -- a fitting name indeed. 

"How can I help you?" Peppermint asked in her happy, chirpy voice. 

"I'd like a ham and cheese croissant and a blueberry crumpet," Joanne responded happily. "Oh! With two cups of your famous strawberry lemonade," she added on.

"You got it!" Peppermint said as she pranced back to the kitchen to prepare everything. "Just take a seat where ever you like," Joanne heard her call from the back. 

Joanne took a small table by the window so that her brother could see her when he finished his quest. As soon as she sat down, she saw him race out of the tiny shop. She waved to him, and he entered the shop. "I'm assuming all went well?" she said. Her brother's expression was one of excitement. She could tell that he had completed his quest. She was proud of him.  

As James sat down at the table, he showed his sister the pocket watch that he had identified. "Isn't it amazing?" he asked excitedly, his mind still buzzing from his accomplishment. As he spoke, Peppermint showed up with their plates and lemonade. "Well, aren't you a cutie?" she commented, giggling as she turned and went back to the counter. "Enjoy, you two!" 

James couldn't help but blush. He wasn't used to receiving much attention from women, but he wouldn't let it distract him from telling his sister about all that had happened. As the two dug into their lunches, he went on about the identifying process and about the shop he planned to make. He hadn't decided where to put it yet, but he would decide on the location soon enough. 

As he spoke, he saw his sister smiling, and he couldn't help but smile with her. Today had been a good day. And he hoped the days to come would bring just as much joy and happiness with them. 

Total Earnings From Quest: 

James: 
2 SP
1455 col
8 T1 Materials
T1 1 Rare Trinket [ID: 127530]
T1 1 Rare Trinket [ID: 127618]
[T1 Perfect Trinket] Pocket Watch
Enhancements: Evasion, Light Momentum, Mitigation
Description: Golden pocket watch with glass open face. One can see the watch face and arms through the clear glass of the top cover. Intricate golden carvings line the back and sides of the watch. 

Joanne: 
1 SP
875 col
6 T1 Materials
T1 Rare Weapon [ID: 127601A]
T1 Uncommon Consumable [ID: 127601B]

Edited by James_Hawke