[F01-PP] <<Earning a Living>> Trying to get a Job

James followed the kid in front of him into a tiny shop. "Geez, it's cramped in here," he said as he looked at the items around him. When the young one in front of him exclaimed that he was out of materials, he replied with, "I'm going to have to find some materials for you, aren't I?" 

The kid looked up at him and said, "Yes. I need you to bring me three items. That should be enough to give you enough practice at identifying so you can learn the trade." He nodded his head and sent James on his way. 

Outside the make-shift shop, he looked around. Trying to find his sister. She was going to help him on this quest so that it would go by quicker -- hopefully. He saw her standing at the entrance of the inn nearby. He waved over to her, trying to get her attention. "Hey, Joanne! Over here!" he called. 

James: 40 HP | 4 EN | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM 
Light momentum:  After an unsuccessful attack, gain +(1 per slot) to the BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another unsuccessful attack will reactivate this enhancement. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit. [For Area of Effect attacks: This effect only activates if you miss all enemies targeted by the attack.]

Joanne turned towards her brothers voice, spotting him coming out of a tiny entrance. She let out a sigh of relief. "Geez, I thought I had lost you. The last thing I saw was that kid dragging you away. So what do you need to do for this quest?" 

After he told what he needed to find, she decided that it was best to head out to the forest area outside the safe zone of the town. "There should be some wild beasts outside the town that aren't too powerful for us. Boars spawn especially frequently out in the open fields. I suggest we take them two at a time so that each have our own to face. That way we won't become overwhelmed. I'll try and let you land the last hits on each of them as well so you can find your items." 

She led the way outside of town, beckoning for her younger brother to follow her. 

James nodded his head as Joanne explained the plan. "Sounds good. Lead on, sis," he said before following her North along the path through town. He looked up at the intimidating guards as they left the town, shivering under their cold stares. They may have been NPCs, but they were still a little scary. 

After an hour or so of walking, they soon came upon two boar in a shaded grove. James, crouched low, motioning for Joanne to get behind him as he made the first attack. As he shifted his weight in preparation for an attack, a twig snapped underneath his left foot, giving his position away. The boars began to run away, so he made an attempt to lash out and hit at least one of the boars. But he was too slow with his attack, missing horribly. "Darn it," he cursed under his breath. 

Spoiler

Basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127462
BD: 1 + 3 = 4 fail (-2 energy)

James: 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM (active)
Joanne: 40/40 HP | 4/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 40/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 40/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne saw her brother scare the boars away and shook her head. He had always been a clutz. But she wouldn't let him ruin a chance at a perfect attack. With one quick swing, she slashed deeply across the right side of the second boar, bringing it to its knees momentarily. After a few seconds, it got back up and charged quickly towards Joanne. She raised her shield, and the boars tusks slid off, making a scratching noise and damaging the boar even more. The boar shook its head, now near death. It quickly fell back, knowing one last hit may kill it. 

Joanne turned to her brother. "James, hit the second boar and i'll go for the first one. You may be able to finish it off if you get a lucky enough hit. And even if you don't hit it, my bleed damage will kill it on the next turn anyways." She was starting to get a hang of the game mechanics finally. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 2
Roll ID#: 127465
BD: 9 (+1 crit)

boar 1 attack
Roll ID#: 127466
MD: 1 + 3 = 4 (fail)

boar 2 attack
Roll ID#: 127467
MD: 3 + 3 = 6 (success)

[H: 0 | 0] James: 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM (active)
[H: 0 | 2] Joanne: 40 - 1 = 39/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD (1/2)| 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 40/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 40 - (3 + 12) = 25 - 18 = 7/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by Joanne

James nodded his head towards his sister and took her advice. He needed to get a critical with this shot or he wouldn't get the items. Determined, he charged towards the second boar. Since it was so wounded, he assumed it wouldn't try to dodge as quickly. However, he underestimated the pig and only managed to land a glancing blow before the darn thing dashed away towards the other side of the field. James cursed under his breath again. "Well, it seems like you'll be getting the rewards for that one, sister," he commented. "Let's both keep focusing on the first one.

He stepped back so that his sister would have room to charge the second boar. He just hoped that she wouldn't land a crit on this one so that he'd still have a chance. He took a moment to stretch in his new light armor. It felt so light and nice on his lithe yet muscular body. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 2
Roll ID#: 127470
BD: 4 + 3 = 7 success

[H: 0 | 1] James: 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM (active)
[H: 0 | 2] Joanne: 40 - 1 = 39/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD (1/2)| 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 38/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 7 - 2 = 5/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne stepped forward and launched herself in the air, coming down upon the first boar before it even knew what was happening. She sliced off its tail and sliced open its back right leg, making it squeal and hobble away. She wouldn't be able to attack again until her brother attacked again or else she could take the kill and loot again. 

She checked behind her at the second boar and saw it burst into pixels. One down and a few more to go, she noted in her mind. She jogged over to where the boar had died to gather loot. She frowned. The boar had only dropped the basic loot, nothing special for a merchant to check. "Sorry, brother. There was nothing good dropped by this one anyways."

As she put the loot away in her inventory, she turned just in time to see the first boar charging back at her. In the nick of time, she raised her shield. The boar glanced off of it and took damage. It decided to run away from the shield instead of charging it another time. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127474
BD: 7 

boar 1 attack
Roll ID#: 127475
MD: 3 + 3 = 6 (success)

boar 2 is 
Deceased

Spoiler

Loot of boar 2
Roll ID#: 127478
LD: 4
CD: 5

[H: 1 | 1] James: 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM (active)
[H: 1 | 2] Joanne: 39 + 1 = 40 - 1 = 39/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD (2/2)| 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 38 - (18 + 2) = 18/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 5 - 12 = 0/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Loot gathered
120 + 80 col = 200 col
2 T1 materials

Edited by Joanne

James sighed, a little disappointed that the second boar hadn't dropped anything good for them. He turned to face the first boar. I'll just take my frustration out on you. 

He grinned and charged forward, chasing the beast for a few paces it tried to run away. He managed to slash its behind before falling back due to fatigue. Man those guys are fast. I'll need to find a slower enemy to fight next time. He watched the boar run around for a little bit before it decided to calm down and choose its next target to attack. It looked at Joanne and then James. Intimidating woman or thin man with long pointy spear. Which would it choose? James knew Joanne wouldn't attack the boar her next turn so that he would be able to maintain the higher hatred between the two of them. Hopefully he would be able to take out the boar sooner rather than later. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127479
BD: 6 success

[H: 2 | 1] James: 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM 
[H: 1 | 2] Joanne: 39/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 18 - 2 = 16/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne stepped back and let the boar anger its hatred towards her brother. The boar launched forward striking out at her brother. She knew he could take the hit quite easily with his new armor. 

She decided to take the chance to take a break and regain her energy. She took her full-face helmet off and watched her brother and the boar duke it out. Who would have thought that they would both be trapped in another world. Death around every corner. At least they were together. Though her chest still did tighten at the thought of her own mum and da. She hoped they were doing alright. 

From what James had told her, it seemed as though ma was not doing so well. The worry must be driving both of her parents crazy. She made a promise to herself right then and there. She would not die. She made this promise for her brother and her parents. She would show them one day that everything would be fine, and life would go back to the way it used to be. 

Spoiler

boar 1 attack
Roll ID#: 127482
MD: 4 + 3 = 7

[H: 2 | 1] James: 40 - 1 = 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM 
[H: 1 | 2] Joanne: 39 + 1 = 40/40 HP | 4/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 16/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by Joanne

James looked over to see his sister taking off her helmet. Good, she's getting some rest. She deserves it since she's been doing most of the damage this time. His attention was dragged away from his sister from the sounds of the boar's hooves hitting the ground. Turning, he saw the beast charging towards him, deadest on damaging him. James grinned and raised his spear in a block. The boar managed to get one tusk through his barricade and knocked James back by hitting him in the chest. Falling back, James caught himself and launched his spear forward and into the shoulder of the boar. The spear fell out and onto the ground as the boar ran to the other side of the grove to lick its new wound. 

James looked back and motioned for his sister to join back in. "Just try not to get another critical hit," he teased. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127483
BD: 5 

[H: 3 | 1] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM 
[H: 1 | 2] Joanne: 40/40 HP | 4/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 16 - 2 = 14/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

Upon hearing her brother call her back into battle, Joanne re-equipped her helmet and brought up her shield and sword to a ready position. With a quick dash, she closed the distance between her and the boar rather quickly. With one stroke down with her sword, she sliced the side of the boar once more. The wounded beast ran limping away to another corner of the grove, trying to escape its attackers. The sight of the thing limping as well as the pitiful sounds the beast was uttering made Joanne frown. Even though she knew the thing wasn't alive, she still couldn't help but feel sad for it. 

"Bring this beast a quick death as an act of mercy, brother," she told James. She didn't like to hear or see things suffer. A quick death was always the best death in her opinion. On the farm, she had to learn that lesson as a child. When killing a chicken for food, you had to chop off its head quickly or it would suffer. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127485
BD: 7 success

boar 1 attack
Roll ID#: 12748
MD: 2 + 3 = fail

[H: 3 | 1] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM 
[H: 2 | 2] Joanne: 40/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 14 - 12/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by Joanne

Instead of trying to attack him, the boar decided to give James the whole run around. It dodged left and right through his attacks, which only made his anger boil over. "Come here you stupid little pig!" he yelled as he charged forward a final time, his assault spear's blade shining in the sun. He dug into the ground with his heels and thrust the spear forward, cutting into the flank of the boar. It let out a long whine and limped away at a slightly slower pace. Unfortunately, he hadn't managed to land a deadly hit yet. He frowned and looked over at his sister, who was waiting patiently for him to finish. 

"I tried my best to offer the darn thing a mercy of an easy death, but it doesn't seem like it wants to stay still and take the final blow. Go ahead and go for another hit." He marched back over near a tall tree, fuming and frustrated. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127487
BD: 4 + 3 = 7

[H: 4 | 1] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM 
[H: 2 | 2] Joanne: 40/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 12 - 2 =10/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne nodded her head. Hopefully she wouldn't take this boar out right away. She wanted her brother to be able to collect the loot of the small thing. She stepped forward with her blade out in front of her. With one swift movement, she was right in front of the boar, slashing down across its muzzle. But her hit didn't land. It seemed as if the tiny thing had managed to time its own dash just right in order to escape another hit. 

She sighed and said, "My apologies that I couldn't land a hit. I'll do my best to aim and predict my enemies actions far better next time." She removed her helmet and let her golden hair flow down her shoulders. The sun glinted off of it, making it seem like she had a glowing aura around her head. She set her sword down and braided her long hair, drawing it away from her face. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127527
BD: 1 + 3 = 4 fail

boar 1 attack
Roll ID#: 127528
MD: 8 

[H: 4 | 1] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM 
[H: 2 | 2] Joanne: 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 
Boar 1: 10/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by Joanne

At this point, James let his frustration fuel his attacks, making them a bit sloppier but also faster. And that speed finally put him at the advantage. Now that the boar was limping, he had just enough speed to be able to slice right through the little piggy. It burst into satisfying pixels that exploded around James. He was breathing hard. And now he was laughing. "Yes, finally!" he yelled. "That darn thing is dead." He wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead. "That thing took too darn long to kill," he said to Joanne. 

Next, he looked down at the loot the boar had dropped. He proudly held up a trinket, his eyes glinting happily in the sun. "We did it, sis. I finally got the first one. Now let's move on to the next." He was grinning, excited to fight the next enemy. He was starting to like the fighting mechanics of this game. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127529
BD: 10 (+2 crit) 

Spoiler

Loot of boar 1
Roll ID#: 127530
LD: 13
CD: 2

[H: 6 | 1] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | LIGHT MOMENTUM 
[H: 2 | 2] Joanne: 40/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

Attack of boar 1 cancelled due to death.

vs. 
Boar 1: 10 - (12 + 4) = 0/40 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Loot gathered
120 col + 80 = 200 col
2 T1 materials
1 Rare Trinket [ID: 127530]

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne smiled, happy that her brother was enjoying himself and that they had finally killed the last enemy. "I'm happy for you, brother. But remember to be patient. I'll try to find us some weaker enemies, but they may still be hard to beat." 

She motioned for her brother to follow her once more. They both ventured to the East. After a few minutes of walking, Joanne pointed in front of her. Ahead of them were three boars that seemed slightly easier than the two they just fought. "Alright," she whispered. "I'll let you take the second and third ones, and I'll take the first one on the far left." She pointed to the left of the open field at a light-colored female boar. It was busy chewing on some white flowers, enjoying its meal. The other two boars appeared to be two males fighting for the right to mate said female boar. It was a rare sight of pure nature and how it works. "I'll let you make the first move." 

Boar 1: 25/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 2: 25/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 3: 25/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 

"I know, I know," James had replied when his sister had told him to be patient. She had always told him that when they were younger, but patience was never one of his strong suits. Instead, he preferred to charge in or do things on a whim. 

As they approached the boars, he decided on attacking fourth boar. It seemed distracted by the other boar that it was already fighting. It could be an easy attack. Gathering up his strength, he charged in, thrusting his spear into the side of the boar. The thrust managed to throw the boar a few feet away from its attacker, causing it to struggle a little while trying to get up. The beast had been winded. "Sister, let that one die. My bleed enchantment will kill it in the next turn." He turned his back away from the wounded boar. His next target would be the fifth boar. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 4 (put boar 2 in roll thing)
Roll ID#: 127531
BD: 9 (+1 crit)

[H: 0 | 2 | 0 ] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 0 | 0 | 0] Joanne: 40/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Boar 3: 25/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 4: 25 - (3 + 12) = 10/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 5: 25/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne approached the female boar. It had stopped feeding and was now standing backed-up against a tree. Joanne knew animals would attack and could be more dangerous when trapped, so she raised her shield in preparation. As she raised it, the boar saw the hawk on the shield's front and attacked it, sending sparks flying as its tusks ground against the shield's thick material. The boar bounced back from the recoil, and Joanne took the opportunity to plunge her sword into the belly of the beast. It squealed, hurrying to get up and escape to safety. 

Before she knew what was happening, the fifth boar came and attacked her from behind. Luckily, she heard the sound of hooves approaching and turned just in time for the boar to clash against her shield. It bounced back and shook its head angrily. "Change of plans, James. Go for the third boar. She's more weakened than the others."  She readied her blade to go against the fifth boar. It seemed to be angry at her for attacking its potential mate. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 3
Roll ID#: 127532
BD: 8 

boar 3 attack 
Roll ID#: 127533
MD: 10 (+2 crit) attack joanne 

boar 4 attack 
Roll ID#: 127534
MD: 1 + 3 = 4 fail

boar 5 attack 
Roll ID#: 127535
MD: 6 attack joanne

[H: 0 | 2 | 0 ] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 1 | 0 | 0] Joanne: 40 - 2 = 38/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Boar 3: 25 - (2 + 18) = 5/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 4: 10/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 5: 25 - 18 = 7/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 

Edited by Joanne

James watched his sister use her shield to block two powerful attacks and revert the damage back to the beasts. He was amazed by the thorn mechanic in the game. But he didn't have too long to marvel as he focused his attention on the female boar. She was racing around, trying to avoid both players at this point. He managed to sprint and cut her off, cutting her across the face. The boar then ran in the opposite direction, just trying to get away. But James and Joanne would not let any of the boars escape. 

He turned as he heard the noise of pixels. The fourth boar had just fallen to his bleed effect. He ran over, excited to see what the beast had dropped, but was thoroughly disappointed when he found nothing besides the usual amount of col. He sighed and looked over at his sister. Hopefully she would have more luck with the fifth boar. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 3
Roll ID#: 127596
BD: 7

Spoiler

loot of boar 4
Roll ID#: 127597
LD: 1
CD: 8

[H: 1 | 2 | 0 ] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED (2/2) | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 1 | 0 | 0] Joanne: 38/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Boar 3: 5 - 2 = 3/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 4: 10 - 12 = 0/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 5: 7/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 

loot gathered
75 col + 50 = 125 col
2 T1 materials

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne's armor glowed red as her health regenerated once more. She stretched, feeling refreshed from the effect. The fifth boar didn't like what it was seeing and decided to charge before anything else happened. Joanne brought her blade forward and slashed across the chest of the boar, which then came back around for another attack. Instead of trying to parry with her sword, Joanne raised her shield up at the last second and let the boar charge into it. Boom! As soon as the beast hit her shield, it exploded into light blue pixels. She stood up from her crouched position behind  her shield and checked the ground to find two extra items dropped by the boar. She put them into her inventory and looked back towards her brother, the last boar charging towards him. She pointed in warning at the boar, wondering if he could take it out before it attacked him. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 5
Roll ID#: 127598
BD: 3 + 3 = 6

boar 3 attack
Roll ID#: 127599
MD: 7 attack james

boar 5 attack
Roll ID#: 127600
MD: 9 (+1 crit) attack joanne, die

Spoiler

loot boar 5
Roll ID#: 127601
LD: 7
CD: 12

[H: 1 | 2 | 0 ] James: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED (2/2) | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 1 | 0 | 1] Joanne: 38 + 5 = 40 - 1 = 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2)| 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Boar 3: 3/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 5: 7 - 2 = 5 - 18 = 0/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 

loot gathered
75 col + 50 = 125 col
2 T1 materials
1 Rare Weapon [ID: 127601A]
1 Uncommon Consumable [ID: 127601B]

Edited by Joanne

James twirled his assault spear between his two hands, having a bit of fun with it, as he approached the third boar. "Don't run, or you'll make it worse," he said. He aimed his spear and was ready to throw it when the boar started charging towards him. Wrong move. His spear left his hand and went all the way through the boar before the beast burst into hundreds of blue pixels. "Glad that's over and done with," he commented as he bent down to check the loot that the boar dropped. 

"Yes!" he cried out when he found another item that needed to be identified. "Only one more to go, Joanne! I'll lead the way." He set off in a hurry towards a nearby field. At this point he was following his ears, and he thought he had heard the sound of two animals fighting. It sounded as if there were two or more of them up ahead. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 3
Roll ID#: 127603
BD: 9 (+1 crit), negates boar attack

Spoiler

loot boar 3
Roll ID#: 127604
LD: 20
CD: 12

[H: 1 | 2 | 0 ] James: 38/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 1 | 0 | 1] Joanne: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/2)| 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Boar 3: 3 - (3 + 12) = 0/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 
Boar 5: 7 - 2 = 5 - 18 = 0/25 HP | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA 

loot gathered
75 col + 50 + 50 + 375 = 550 col
1 Perfect Trinket [ID: 127604]

Edited by James_Hawke

As she followed James, she heard the sound of antlers clashing growing louder and louder. They soon approached a stream where there were two bucks fighting, their antlers interlocked. She motioned for James to take the buck on the left as she took the one on the right. Those antlers look dangerous, she noted. She would need to be careful and use her shield whenever possible to avoid getting skewered by them. 

She decided to make the first move and test the waters since she was more heavily armored. Stepping into the open sun in front of the bucks, the light gleaming off of her armor, drawing the bucks' attention. Now it was her move. She dashed forward, drawing her sword across the side of the second buck before jumping back to safety. "Be careful," she shouted to her brother. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. buck 2 (wrote buck 1 in roll by accident)
Roll ID#: 127605
BD: 4 + 2 = 6

[H: 0 | 0] James: 38/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 23 MIT | BLEED | LIGHT MOMENTUM
[H: 0 | 1] Joanne: 39/40 HP | 2/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total)

vs. 

Buck 1: 30/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA 
Buck 2: 30 - 2 = 28/30 HP | 15 DMG | 2 ACC | -2 EVA

Edited by Joanne