[F06 - SP] <<Feeding Your Enemy>> Finding a New Friend

Violet focused her attention on the giant toad. She wasn't actually used to taking damage, so this enemy was starting to tick her off. She took a deep breath and activated her sword art, the blade glowing with a deep reddish hue. At max speed, she charged towards the toad, dodging another tongue attack, and dashed around and over it, lashing at it twice. Her dagger made deep cuts in the moist skin of the beast. As she backed away, her weapon enhancement activated. The beast's wounds burst open, unable to heal. The toad let out a giant squeal as it rolled around on the ground in pain. Violet smirked. "That's what you get for hurting me you oversized pincushion." Dahlia did a low roar of approval from where she was now sitting, letting Violet know that the woman had her support. Violet looked back and smiled. "I'll be finished soon enough, Dahlia." 

Spoiler

round accel vs. giant toad
Roll ID#: 130140
BD: 10  (+2 crit, bleed activated)
CD: 9 (+2 energy)
MD: 1 fail 

Violet: 70/80 HP | 6 -2 + 2 = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (activated)

vs. 

Giant Toad: 52 - (2 + 2) * 2 - 12 = 32/60 HP | 18 DMG

Dahlia rested her head on her paws and lay down once more, assured that her human would be okay. Violet paced around the giant toad as it watched her every movement with its odd, beady eyes. It waited for her to attack this time. Activating her sword art once more, she dashed forward, bringing her blade down towards the thick skin of the animal. However, at the last second, the toad managed to grab her around the waist with its tongue. It threw her towards a tree next to Dahlia, hoping to hurt Violet with the force of the impact. But Violet managed to brace herself and barely felt the force of the impact. Her armor protected her from any harm that could be done to her. This attack against her only managed to tick Violet off more. "I will not show any more mercy," she growled as her weapon glowed, the enhancement activating once more. The wounds on the toad that had closed up, ripped open once more, causing the beast to cry out in pain. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130144
BD: 3 + 1 = 4 fail
CD: 4 fail
MD: 4-1 = 3 fail

Violet: 70/80 HP | 6 -2 + 1 = 5/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED (2/2)| 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN 

vs. 

Giant Toad: 32 - 12 = 20/60 HP | 18 DMG

She laughed at the giant toad's cries of pan. "Yes, keep screaming. Too bad you can't speak. I'd love to hear you beg for mercy as I cut you into pieces," she said while pacing around the beast once more. As she paced towards the back of the toast, she launched forward, prepared for another counter attack. The toad tried to jump around and lash out at her with its tongue, but she was prepared. She lashed out and cut the piece of tongue that tried to wrap around her, causing the toad to flinch just long enough to allow her to slash into its body, stabbing it twice. Her blade was glowing with her sword art, digging deep into the muscles of the beast. Once she had finished her attack, she launched herself off of the beast and landed gracefully onto the jungle floor below. She smiled as she watched the toad try and clean its wounds, its tongue regenerating slowly. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130147
BD: 6 + 1= 7(keen deactivated)
CD: 6 +2 energy
MD: 2 - 1 = 1 fail

Violet: 70/80 HP | 5 - 2 + 2 = 5/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (deactivated)

vs. 

Giant Toad: 20 - (2*2) = 16/60 HP | 18 DMG

Edited by Violet Smith

However, that smile did not last for long as her eyes widened. The giant frog was charging towards her quickly in a sudden show of speed. She was trapped by a thick growth of trees behind her. Crap, she thought as she braced herself. She didn't have any time to dash away. The toad was moving towards her too quickly. Bam! The toad hit her with its body, launching her into a tree a few feet behind her. Her head smacked against the bark of the tree as she flew into it and fell to the ground. "Gah! That hurt!" she exclaimed as she picked herself back up and rubbed the back of her head. Her vision was dizzy for a few seconds, but she finally regained her senses and glared at the beast. Now she had a pounding headache, which did not amuse her in the slightest. 

A few feet away, Dahlia stood up and in a defensive stance, ready to jump in if things became too rough. A low growl could be heard coming from her mouth. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130149
BD: 2 fail
CD: 6 (+2 energy)
MD: 7 - 1 = 6 success

Violet: 70 - (18 - 9) = 61/80 HP | 5 - 2 + 2 = 5/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN 

vs. 

Giant Toad: 16/60 HP | 18 DMG

Edited by Violet Smith

"Don't worry, Dahlia," Violet said as she walked slowly towards the giant toad. Her eyes were burning with a fierce fire now as she picked up speed, now jogging, then running in a powerful attack against the beast in front of her. "Take this!" she screamed as she jumped high in the air, coming down and letting gravity help her slam her blade deep into the back of the beast. The giant toad let out a loud squeal and began thrashing about, trying to throw Violet off. The woman managed to get one more hit in before leaping off of the unstable back of the beast. She rolled onto the ground, picking herself back up and watching as the toad hopped around some more, upset at its own pain. "Payback's a [censored], isn't it?" Violet muttered under her breath as she braced herself for another attack. She wanted to end this battle as quickly as possible. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130150
BD: 7 (activate keen)
CD: 10 (+2 energy)
MD: 1  fail

Violet: 61/80 HP | 5 - 2 + 2 = 5/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (activated)

vs. 

Giant Toad: 16 - 2*2 = 12/60 HP | 18 DMG

Edited by Violet Smith

The toad turned to face the small woman, its eyes glowing red with anger. "Ah, crap," Violet said to herself. It appeared that the giant toad was now driven by its anger, which could cause it to become deadly. Its anger also made it quite faster than it had been before. It used this buff in speed to dash towards Violet, lashing out with its tongue as it did so. Violet managed to dodge in the nick of time as the beast crashed through the trees that she had been standing in front of just a few moments before. The beast's attack was so powerful that it managed to knock down several trees with its body. The toad slowly turned around, hopping awkwardly to try and turn itself in the right direction. Violet braced herself for another attack, knowing she had to be extra careful now. She raised her weapon in defense. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130151
BD: 2 +1 = 3 fail
CD: 2 fail
MD: 2 fail

Violet: 61/80 HP | 5 - 2 + 1 = 4/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (active)

vs. 

Giant Toad: 12/60 HP | 18 DMG

Edited by Violet Smith

As the giant toad charged towards her, it was like everything started moving in slow motion. She breathed in deep and activated her sword art, the blade glowing a fiery red. "Ahhh!" she screamed as she threw her knife forward towards the charging toad. The blade entered its chest, going all the way up to the hilt. The impact and pain managed to stop the toad in its frog for a few moments. This small pause in combat allowed Violet to dash forward, grabbing her blade and jumping down onto the beast, stabbing it in the back. The frog convulsed in pain and threw the woman off of its back. Violet landed on her feet a few feet away, unhurt and smiling. "I told you I would give you pay back. And I intend to kill you, so if you could please die with this next shot, I would greatly appreciate it." Her smile turned into a large grin as she lowered herself towards the ground, her knife held out, ready to bite into the flesh of the frog. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130152
BD: 8 + 1 = 9 success
CD: 2 fail
MD: 1 fail

Violet: 61/80 HP | 4 - 2 + 1 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (deactivated)

vs. 

Giant Toad: 12 - (2 * 2) = 8/60 HP | 18 DMG

Edited by Violet Smith

She dashed forward once more as the giant toad was still recovering. Slash! Slash! She cut into the toad once more, her blade ablaze with a red hue. She was still grinning as she jumped out of the way of the toad's tongue as it retaliated against her attack. As she landed back on the ground, she was laughing. "Ah, it seems in the end I finally win. Just like always." She sighed and yawned. "Too bad you couldn't take me down to any actual dangerous amount of health. Oh well. Maybe I need to climb to higher levels in order to find something challenging." She looked back towards the toad, which was now shaking its head clear of its pain-driven stupor. "Oh? Trying to attack me one more time? Alright. I'll give you one more chance," she said as she faced the frog, standing still. The toad began to charge towards her. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130153
BD: 7 success
CD: 10 (+2 energy)
MD: 5 - 1 = 4 fail

Violet: 61/80 HP | 3 - 2 + 2 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (activated)

vs. 

Giant Toad: 8 - (2 * 2) = 4/60 HP | 18 DMG

Edited by Violet Smith

Violent smiled, letting the giant toad get only three feet in front of her before she reached out and plunged her dagger into its chest. She grinned and closed her eyes as the pixels burst around her, the toad's health points at zero. She opened her eyes and looked down at a pile of loot. It had dropped a few materials and a bit of col. Satisfied with the reward, she turned around and walked over to Dahlia. "Alright, hun. It's time to head out. Let's get going," she said as she started walking back towards the teleporter. The two walked in a happy silence, enjoying the peaceful monkeys swinging high above their heads and the birds wisping through the branches above them. Today had been a good day. Violet had gained a friend and Dahlia had found a human that she could help care for and they the same for her. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130154
BD: 5 + 1 = 6 success
CD: 1 fail

loot of giant toad
Roll ID#: 130155
LD: 5
CD: 5 

Violet: 61/80 HP | 3 - 2 + 2 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (deactivated)

vs. 

Giant Toad: 4 - (2 * 2) = 0/60 HP | 18 DMG

loot gathered:
+4 T1 materials
180 col

Edited by Violet Smith