[F06 - SP] <<Feeding Your Enemy>> Finding a New Friend

Violet found herself wandering among the thick jungle of the sixth floor, dodging snakes and poisonous frogs that slithered and jumped along the path in front of her. Where is that darn gypsy?! she thought to herself. A merchant on the first floor had told her about a gypsy on the sixth floor that could show her how to tame a wild beast that would then become her familiar. She was hoping that she could tame the fiercest and bravest animal in this forest -- preferably of the feline variety. She loved cats back in the real world. 

As she was turning a corner in the path, a woman appeared from behind a tree, spooking Violet quite well. "Gah!" Violet cried out, clutching her chest in surprise as the woman appeared suddenly. "Where the hell did you come from?!" she asked, exasperated. Upon looking at the woman, one could see that she wore silken robes wrapped around her loosely. Her hair was long, black, and wavy, and her eyes were an intense mysterious hue. 

Spoiler

Stats: Violet: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN

Equipped Items: 

Equipped [T1 Rare Dagger] <<Slicer>> Keen, Bleed
Description: This dagger has a nice, smooth handle that fits in the shape of the hand. It has two pointed guards above the handle with an 8 inch blade extending above it. The handle is made of oak wood with red staining. 

Equipped [T1 Uncommon Light Armor] <<Protector>> Mitigation
Description: This light armor is of a light brown and black color. It covers the chest lower torso of the wearer. 

Equipped [T1 Rare Trinket] <<Golden Spectacles>> Evasion, Recovery
Description: These are a pair of of round-rimmed spectacles. The frames are golden in color. When worn, they offer certain enhancements to the user.

Battle-Ready Inventory: 

-[T1 Perfect Salve] Pheromone Salve
Enhancements: 3 Pheromone

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Skills: 
Weapons: 
One-Handed, Dagger -> Novice, +1 DMG

Sword Arts: 
Rank 1

[x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.

[x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Edited by Violet Smith

The woman laughed to herself, raising her hand to her lips as she did so. "I'm sorry, young woman," she said in a low, smooth voice. "My name is Eliza. I am a gypsy here on the sixth floor. I'm assuming you were trying to find me?" 

Violet stood, stunned for a moment. How did the woman know that Violet was looking for her? And wherever did she come from? Violet shook her head clear of these thoughts, getting back to the task at hand. "Um, yes. I heard you could show me how to catch a familiar," she said. She wasn't using her usual rude, abrupt tone or manner. She could sense that this woman was more powerful than she was. Though she could not see a health bar above the gypsy's head, she could sense that the woman had some strong stats. She had to if she moved around this floor so freely. 

Edited by Violet Smith

From out of her robes, the gypsy produced a small bag of food. She took out a few pieces of a mysterious meat, a type that Violet had never seen before. "These will help in your quest, but you will not be catching a familiar. You will be offering it a contract. A contract between you and the beast. One protects the other. This food will help send the message that you wish to portray," the woman said mysteriously. 

"A contract.. right," Violet said as she took the bag of food from the woman carefully. The wording reminded her of the business contracts she used to do. Except she wasn't going to kill anyone in this contract. Violet quickly looked down and tied the small bag to the belt on her jean shorts. "So, I'm going to head out now, but where will I find y-" she said while looking back up. She stopped in her tracks and looked around. The woman had disappeared in that split second as she was putting the bag of food away. Odd. Very oddshe thought to herself. She looked everywhere and still couldn't find the woman. 

Well, there's no use waiting around for her to appear again. May as well use this salve to attract a familiar, she thought to herself as she took the salve out of her inventory. As soon as she opened the lid to the pheromone salve, she had to cover her nose. "Jesus, this stuff is strong," she said to herself while coughing into her free arm. She didn't know what made this horrible stench, and she didn't want to know. 

As she stand there with the salve opened, she saw a pair of glowing orange eyes appear in the thick brush across from her. She shivered. Okay. Either that thing wants to eat me, or it wants to be my friend. Then she remembered the familiar food that the gypsy had given her. Still holding the salve in one hand, she reached down and untied the food bag from her belt, keeping her eyes on the mysterious pair of eyes the entire time. The eyes seemed to watch her every move closely. 

-1 T1 Perfect Salve: Pheromone Salve. 

"Come here, weird set of eyes thing," Violet called to the hidden creature. She threw out a few cubes of the food in front of the brush where the creature was hiding. Slowly she saw a black nose appear followed by a black muzzle and a black set of feline ears. "There you go... See? I won't hurt you. I'm your friend," she whispered quietly to it. Suddenly, the creature jumped forward, eating up the treats ravenously. "Woah..." Violet gasped as she looked upon the beautiful, sleek creature. It was a female, black leopard. She stood at about 4 feet and was about 5 to 6 feet long when on four paws and in a standing position. The leopard looked up at Violet with her golden eyes. Then suddenly she pounced forward. Violet flinched and looked away, expecting to be suddenly attacked. But when she looked back in front of her, the leopard had only grabbed the bag and ripped it open, careful to avoid hurting Violet. Violet looked on with awe, crouching down and watching the beautiful hunter eat. 

Spoiler

attempting to befriend familiar
Roll ID#: 129770
CD: 10 (success!)

familiar befriended!

Gained Familiar!

Edited by Violet Smith

After a few moments, Violet reached out with her hand carefully, reaching out to pet the large feline's ears. The leopard looked at her and growled, bearing its teeth. "Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm not going to hurt you," Violet said soothingly. She acted much different with animals than she did humans. She had always believed that animals were more pure in heart than humans. They stood by one another and protected one another. Meanwhile, humans just stabbed each other in the backs as each one tried to come out on top. 

Violet tried once more to pet the large animal. The leopard let out only a slight growl of protest as Violet stroked her ears. "Wow, you're so soft..." she said quietly. Her fur felt like black velvet, so soft and warm. After Violet began to pet along the leopard's head, the leopard gave in and pressed her head into Violet's hand, beginning to purr. The noise was like low thunder, rolling and deep. Violet was in awe at the moment. She continued to pet the leopard and talk to her, scratching around her cheeks (which the leopard heavily enjoyed). 

Once the leopard had finished eating, she looked up at Violet expectantly. "Hm, what is it?" Violet asked, looking into the big cat's eyes. The black leopard let out a soft purr and rested her head in Violet's lap. "O-oh. I see. Getting comfortable after eating, huh?" She laughed. "Yeah, I guess killers like us still get tired after a good meal." She ran her hand across the leopard's back, her hand sinking into the sea of black velvet fur. 

"Hm, you know, I need to think of a name for you," Violet said aloud. The leopard opened one eye and looked up at her. "What would be a good name for a black leopard..." Violet took a few moments to think. "Blackie? No, too generic... How about, Dahlia?" As soon as she said the name, the leopard's ears perked up and she huffed, satisfied. "Dahlia it is then." Violet smiled, glad that the leopard had been keen on the name. 

After letting the leopard rest a bit, Violet patted her side and got up. "Come on, Dahlia. Let's go hunt some beasts while we're here. I have an itch to kill some more, and that itch needs to be scratched." Dahlia huffed and got up, stretching out slowly. She looked up at Violet once she was finished, as if telling her human companion to lead the way. Violet smiled and led the way through the jungle floor, taking a random path that had suddenly appeared. Up ahead, she spotted a giant anaconda slithering along the jungle floor. The darn thing had to be at least 30 feet long. Man, they really don't make them small on this floor. She readied her blade and checked to make sure that Dahlia was behind her. "Stay behind me," she whispered to her familiar so that the snake did not hear. 

Violet's blade began to glow with a reddish hue as she dashed forward, using her speed to dance around her opponent, stabbing it in its sides and pinching its nerves. She smiled as the snake fell to the ground, twitching. She had managed to stun it. "And that's how you stun an annoyingly large snake," she said half to herself, half to her familiar. Dahlia began to groom herself, finding the fight a bit boring. "Hey! I think that was at least a little interesting!" Violet huffed. Oh well. I guess cat's will be cats. Dahlia merely huffed and kept grooming. 

Spoiler

side bite vs. giant anaconda
Roll ID#: 130038
BD: 9 (+1 crit)
CD: 11 (+1 energy)
stunned snake

Violet: 80/80 HP | 8 - 5 +1 = 4/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (Activated)

vs. 

Giant Anaconda: 60 - (2 + 1) * 2 - 12 = 42/60 HP | 18 DMG [STUNNED]

Edited by Violet Smith

The snake began to twitch and move again as it regained its full consciousness. "Watch out," Violet called to her familiar, who was still grooming herself, as she activated her sword art once more. She dashed around in circles, stabbing at the snake's sides and torso. She left two deep cuts along the body of the beast, causing it to hiss and writhe in pain before lashing out. Violet saw the attack coming from a mile away and leaped on the snake's head, leaping off of it onto the jungle floor once more. She watched as her weapon's enhancement activated, glowing a deeper reddish hue than her sword art. The snake's wounds burst open once more after they had just healed, causing the snake to once again hiss and writhe in pain. 

Dahlia looked up from her grooming for just a moment to see her human jump back from the snake's attack. Once she had seen that her human was not hurt, she went back to the very important task at hand: grooming. 

Spoiler

round accel vs. giant anaconda
Roll ID#: 130039
BD: 10 + 1 = 11 (+2 crit, refresh bleed, keen)
CD: 5 fail
MD: 3 - 1 = 2 fail

Violet: 80/80 HP | 4 - 2 + 1 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (deactivated)

vs. 

Giant Anaconda: 42 - (2 + 2) * 2 - 12 = 22/60 HP | 18 DMG 

After the snake's wounds had finally healed, it circled around Violet, slowly closing in its body in a tight coil. Violet saw what the snake was trying to do and waited until the last second to activate her sword art and slice through the side of the snake. The hole she had made was just barely large enough for her to squeeze through, allowing her to slip out of the deadly grip of the giant beast. The snake coiled itself around the wounded flesh in its side, baring its fangs defensively. Once again, Violet's enhancement ripped the hole in the snake back open. Violet looked up at the snake's health bar and grinned. It was in the red area. Just a few more attacks and I'll have myself some nice loot, she thought to herself. 

Meanwhile Dahlia had rested her head on her paws and watched the battle closely, her golden eyes following the move of the woman in front of her. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130086
BD: 7 success
CD: 9 (+2 energy)
MD: 4 - 1 = 3 fail

Violet: 80/80 HP | 3 - 2 + 2 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED (2/2) | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (Activated)

vs. 

Giant Anaconda: 22 - (2 * 2) - 12 = 6/60 HP | 18 DMG 

Violet took her turn to attack before the snake did. She held out her blade in front of her, glowing red, as she charged straight towards the snake. The beast was ready for her. It reared its ugly head and launched straight towards her as well, mouth wide open and ready to eat her whole. However, as its teeth met her blade, the beast soon realized that the woman was a match against it in strength. The two pushed off of each other, blade against fang, launching each 10 feet away from the other. Violet grit her teeth. Gosh darn, this thing is strong. I'm lucky to be on a similar level as it or I'd surely be dead, she thought to herself. The fangs on the beast were the length of her own leg. They were daunting to say the least. Luckily, the beast only had 6 health left. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130087
BD: 4 + 1 = 5 fail (-2 energy)
CD: 11 (+2 energy)
MD: 1 fail

Violet: 80/80 HP | 3 - 2 + 2 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED| 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN 

vs. 

Giant Anaconda: 6/60 HP | 18 DMG 

Edited by Violet Smith

She could now see why many players were scared to leave the first floor still to this day. The enemies did not get any easier the higher up you went. And she knew that many an ignorant and innocent player had lost their life by trying to ascend the floors too quickly. One wrong move or swing and you could be dead in the world and the real one. Violet tried not to think about this as she readied her blade once more. Come on, just one or two more hits, she thought to herself in encouragement. 

The snake moved more sluggishly now that it was at low health. This allowed Violet to dodge its attack easily as it launched its head towards her. She dashed to the side just in time as the snake's head passed by her right side. Before the snake could come back around and attack again, Violet launched her blade into its side twice, doing a decent amount of damage. The snake hissed and dragged the rest of its body out of the blond woman's range. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130088
BD: 6 + 1 = 7 success (deactivate keen)
CD: 8 (+2 energy)
MD: 6 - 1 = 5 fail 

Violet: 80/80 HP | 3 - 2 + 2 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (deactivated)

vs. 

Giant Anaconda: 6 - (2*2) = 2/60 HP | 18 DMG

Violet checked the anaconda's health. Only two hit points left. I got this. She didn't even need a sword art to take this thing out. Grinning, she dashed left to right in random patterns, still moving forward towards the snake. She wanted to make sure that the beast would not figure out where she was going to attack next. She needed this attack to hit since she didn't have the extra speed or damage from her sword art. But the snake was too slow for her speed and too weak to defend against her blade. Her blade sliced into it easily, taking out its last two hit points. She smiled as the beast burst into tiny blue pixels. Then she bent down, checking for any good loot. "Yes!" she cried out as she picked up a rare light armor. "Finally! Something better than this junk I'm wearing," she said while hitting the armor she was wearing. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 130089
BD: 6 success 
CD: 6 (+2 energy)

loot of giant anaconda
Roll ID#: 130090
LD: 15
CD: 12

Violet: 80/80 HP | 3 - 2 + 2 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (activated)

vs. 

Giant Anaconda: 2 - 2 = 0/60 HP | 18 DMG

loot gathered
180 col + 120 col + 120 col = 420 col
2 T1 materials
[T1 Rare Light Armor] ID: 130090

All this commotion had gotten Dahlia's attention. She stood up and trotted over to Violet, sniffing at the light armor curiously. "Hey, be careful. Don't claw it or anything," Violet joked as she let her companion take a proper sniff of the item. Dahlia squinted her eyes. The armor smelled of fresh leather and... something else. She wrinkled her nose and huffed, looking up at Violet. The woman took this as a signal for "where are we going next?" She thought a moment before deciding to take another random path that had suddenly appeared, branching off from the previous path that she had taken. "Well, let's follow this new dirt path. Seems as good as any of the ones around here." She took the lead, Dahlia following behind her. 

After a few minutes of walking, she came upon a large tent-like structure made of wooden poles and purple, thick cloth. "Uh, what is this doing all the way out here in the middle of the jungle?" she thought aloud. 

"Uh, hello?" Violet called as she approached the entrance of the tent. "Come in," she heard a voice call from within. Violet shrugged and decided to enter, but not before turning to Dahlia and saying, "Stay out here. I'll be right back. Don't claw the tent or anything." Dahlia huffed and laid down outside the entrance, keeping guard.

As Violet entered the tent, she saw the gypsy from before. "Ah, hello. I see that you completed your quest," the mysterious woman said as she stood up from her seat on a cushion placed on the ground. Violet glanced back and saw that Dahlia had peeked her head in. Then she turned back towards the woman. 

"Uh, yeah. It actually wasn't too hard. She kind of just leaped out of the bushes and practically took the food from my hand," Violet explained. As she spoke, she swore she could have heard a chuckle come from her familiar. 

The gypsy smiled and covered her mouth with her hand as she laughed. "It seems you two make quite the pair," she said while walking over to Dahlia. The woman reached down to pet the black leopard. 

"Uh, you might not want to do that! She nearly bit my hand off-" Violet began, stopping her warning as the gypsy easily and gently pet the leopard. Dahlia began to purr immediately, rubbing her cheek against the gypsy's hand. "Huh. Odd. She didn't act like that around me," Violet said. Half in awe, half in jealousy. 

The gypsy looked up at Violet and stood back up. "Ah, do not worry. The animals of this jungle know me as their mother. I look out for the ones who are of good heart and soul. The ones who only have minds to kill and who bite their mother's hands I allow you players to kill. Just like the one that met the end at your blade." 

Violet was taken aback by all this information. Mother of the animals? Good and bad beasts? And how had she known that Violet had just killed a snake -- one of her supposed bad children? Violet wore an expression of utter confusion. This amused the gypsy, who laughed lightly. "It is alright. I understand your confusion. Just know that I was created to protect the animals that eventually become the player familiars. I raise them, teaching them to protect and bond with players of good and strong heart." She approached Violet, placing her hand on the young woman's shoulder. "You are of good heart, Violet Delta Smith. Now, take your familiar and continue to fight. You will need to become stronger if you are ever going to leave this world." She smiled and stepped back, sitting herself back on the cushion. 

All that Violet could say was, "O-okay. I will, ma'am." For some reason, she felt awe-struck. The gypsy pointed gently towards the door, where her familiar roared to her, as if saying she was impatient and that it was time to go. "I guess I'll take my leave then," Violet said as she bowed and left the tent. 

As Violet left the tent entrance, Dahlia got up and nuzzled her side. Violet turned to ask the gypsy a question, but when she turned around the tent and the mysterious NPC were gone. Violet just stood there for a moment, trying to process what had just happened. Was that a glitch? Was it a player tricking her? She sighed and laughed. She may never know, but the mysterious gypsy had given her a mission. Get to frontlines and get the hell out of this game. "Thanks, gypsy," she said as she turned and walked away, walking back into the maze of a jungle that made up the sixth floor. Dahlia followed behind her, tail swishing to and fro casually. Violet looked down at her familiar. "So, I guess we're in this together until the end, huh?" She thought for a second while walking. "You know, I like the sound of that. Two killers taking it to front lines to finish off this game. Sounds pretty fun." Violet laughed and Dahlia huffed in agreement as the two walked through the thick brush. 

As the two walked back towards the main town of the sixth floor, a large toad hopped out onto the path in front of them, blocking their course. "Hey, move it will ya?!" Violet yelled at the giant toad. This seemed to only piss the thing off as it hopped and turned to face Violet, lashing out its tongue at her. She attempted to dodge the quick attack, but it caught her by surprise, slamming her into a tree several feet from where she had been standing previously. "Gah!!!" she let out a yell of pain as she was bashed against the hard, unmoving object. However, she would not take a blow without fighting back. She quickly brought up her blade and cut out the tip of the toad's tongue that had been holding her. The toad screeched and drew its damaged tongue back into its mouth, now even angrier. 

Spoiler

round accel vs. giant toad
Roll ID#: 130103
BD: 8 (keen activated)
CD: 1 
MD: 9 - 1 = 8 (+1 crit)

Violet: 80 - (18 + 1 - 9) = 70/80 HP | 8 - 2 = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN 

vs. 

Giant Toad: 60 - (2 * 2) = 56/60 HP | 18 DMG

Suddenly, the toad did a mad jump into the air, trying to crash down onto Violet below. "[Censored]!" she yelled as she dashed away just in time to keep from being squished. "How dare you try to squish me like a tiny bug!" she shouted at the giant toad as she charged her sword art and charged towards the giant beast. She jammed her blade into both of its sides, making the beast cry out in pain. 

Still standing a few feet back, Dahlia watched as her companion fought the toad. She was a little concerned over the hit that her partner had taken earlier, but it seemed like the woman could handle herself. For now, she wouldn't jump in. 

Violet checked her health. If things became too dire, she could always pop a health potion or run away. She made note to use one of the potions if her health became lower than 30 HP. She didn't want to waste the thing by using it at above half health or something. 

Spoiler

round accel vs. giant toad
Roll ID#: 130104 
BD: 8 + 1 = 9 
CD: 10 (+2 energy)
MD: 4 - 1 = 3 fail

Violet: 70/80 HP | 6 -2 + 2 = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (deactivated)

vs. 

Giant Toad: 56 - (2*2) = 52/60 HP | 18 DMG