[F01 - PP] Sunder the Hearth

Spoiler

Koga
Level: 13
Health: 260
Energy: 26
DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills
>> Rank 1 Curved Sword
>> Rank 3 Katana

Equipment
>> Tier One Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]
>> 
Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]
>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

Battle Ready Inventory
>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (2)
>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)
>> [DMG +1] Damage Potion (1)
>> [+50 Temp. HP] Over-Health Potion (1)
>> Tier One Rare Consumable <<Cake>> [Protein // Protein] (1)

Koga had his hands stuffed deep in his coat's pockets as he walked. The muscles of his jaw were tight as he practically ground his teeth, lips drawn into a thin line. The events of the last perhaps ten minutes were running on loop in his head. And every iteration only made him more and more angry.

"Besides brother dearest, have you told your beloved what happened to your friends? Or are you keeping her in the dark on that?"

The words kept playing over in his mind. Masato had always known his sister was spiteful. Hell, she probably got it from him. But that? He never imagined she'd try to cut him so deeply. But wait...what was the other thing she'd said?

"Then, brother, coming from your baby sister, ask your owl what shes hiding from you."

Koga stopped dead in his tracks. Sure, everyone had their secrets. Koga clearly had his. But why Tala pushing him to ask? What did she know that he didn't? Curiosity killed the cat. Well, this time curiosity was gunning for a wolf.

"Noctua, what did Tala mean when she said you were hiding something?" Koga asked, not willing to look behind him at the woman he loved and was certain loved him...she...she loved him, right?

@Noctua

Spoiler

Level: 14
Hit Points: 280
Energy: 28
DMG: 4 || EVA: 1 || ACC: 1 || MIT: 18 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

Skills:
» Rapier - Rank 3
» First Aid - Rank 1

Familiar:
» Athena - Healer [Rank 1]

Equipped:
» Jack's Graceful Repose [Demonic Rapier [Burn // Blight // Cursed  // Burn]]
» Owl's Wings [Perfect Trinket [Accuracy // Recovery // Evasion]]
» Virtuous Ascendance [Perfect Light Armor [Mitigation // Mitigation // Regen]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» Starter Healing Potions (3)
» Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) (5)
» Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) (1)
» Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) (1)

The walk was silent. She was walking behind Koga, mainly to ensure that he wasn't about to turn and try to rush the other pair again. But there was just something wrong with this silence. It was almost as if Koga was thinking on things. Did he let Tala's words get to him? She didn't know if she wanted to interrupt his thoughts though, that might be bad for her. Though it was still eating at her.

"Noctua, what did Tala mean when she said you were hiding something?"

So he was letting his sister's words get to him. So much so that he didn't even use her nickname, but her full one. This wasn't good at all was it. "Koga, I don't know what she is talking about, I promise." She didn't know what else she could say. The fact that he was even doubting her and asking this hurt her, but she wasn't going to say that. Not after what just happened. But at the same time, maybe she should? She loved him, but now, was he doubting that?

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

There was the briefest moment of silence between them. For a moment, Koga wondered if it was because she was trying to hide something, but the man quickly pushed the thought aside as Noctua answered, "Koga, I don't know what she is talking about, I promise." Koga didn't say anything first, only making a single solitary nod as he tried his best to reason what his sister had said and what the person he loved was telling him. Eventually the man took a deep breath and turned and looked at Noctua. "Ok. I'm sorry, I should trust you. It's just. She's my sister. Even if she does things without thinking, I trust her. But I trust you too. So I'm sorry, I shouldn't doubt you..."

The man felt equal parts guilty and afraid. Guilty for doubting Noctua, and just as guilty for the actions of his sister. Afraid, because he was still uncertain whether or not Noctua was hiding something and afraid because he knew that at one point or another she would eventually ask what Tala had meant by what had happened to his friends. And Koga wasn't certain he was ready to deal with that reality quite yet either.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 280/280 || EN: 28/28 || DMG: 4 || EVA: 1 || ACC: 1 || MIT: 18 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

Well, now this was turning into a game of who is going to stay silent longer. She sighed lightly though and was honestly ready to just go and let him have his peace if that was what he wanted. "Ok. I'm sorry, I should trust you. It's just. She's my sister. Even if she does things without thinking, I trust her. But I trust you too. So I'm sorry, I shouldn't doubt you..." Wow, after all of that, he still trusted her. She shook her head though, "It's okay Koga. I'd probably be the same if I had any siblings." It was true, she didn't blame him, Tala was blood, blood is thicker than water.

"Though, one day, I do hope you'll tell me what she meant when talking about your friends." She wasn't going to pry and Koga should know this by now. She was just going to leave the unspoken offer of talking to her up in the air. But it wasn't her job to pry, not yet anyways. Oh Noctua, you think this day is going to end in your favor don't you. But, as if on queue of wanting to make things worse, Noct felt an arm snake around her waist and she instantly froze. One, who the hell was touching her. Two, she knew it wasn't Koga.

"Hey there baby. Been looking all over for you." She felt a pinch on her hip then and she looked at the person who was touching her. "..." She couldn't even formulate a sentence of a question of who the hell was touching her, or why he was calling her baby. Just what was going on today... But the man was looking at Koga now, "Hey Koga. Thanks for keeping Noctua safe for me." Again, who the hell is this guy?!

@Koga

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"It's okay Koga. I'd probably be the same if I had any siblings. Though, one day, I do hope you'll tell me what she meant when talking about your friends." A nod. That was about all Koga could give Noctua right now. He felt guilty about doubting her still. He probably would for a few days, knowing him. And there was no question that one day he would indeed have to tell her about Hikaru and Tsukiko. But today wasn't that day.

And then the guilt all washed away. "Hey there baby. Been looking all over for you." A man walked up besides Noctua and touched her, "Hey Koga. Thanks for keeping Noctua safe for me."
"Excuse me, but who the hell are you. And why did you just call my girlfriend 'baby'." Koga was instantly filled with both hostility and anger. Just who the hell did this guy think he was?

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 280/280 || EN: 28/28 || DMG: 4 || EVA: 1 || ACC: 1 || MIT: 18 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

She was still trying to figure out what exactly was going on. Who was this freak and why is her touching her? Also, why the hell was he calling her 'baby'? But it was Koga who voiced these questions. "Excuse me, but who the hell are you. And why did you just call my girlfriend 'baby'." Noct managed to wiggle her way from the guys arm then as she looked between the two of them. This was just the worst day for all the drama, she wasn't wanting to deal with it at this point.

"Woah woah woah. What do you mean your girlfriend? Noctua, you cheatin' on me." Okay, now she was severely confused. "I...I don't even know you." This was not helping the case she was trying to make with Koga on her not hiding things was it. But the guy seemed to be done talking to her. "Hey man, I didn't know that she was two timing me. Sucks that you had to figure it out this way too. Guess I gotta go find myself a new blacksmith, artisan, and girlfriend."

The guy turned to Noct, "That's just low." Noct's face was trying to say what she couldn't manage at this point. What in the world was going on here and why was it happening now? There was one thing though, she looked at Koga. "I don't know who he is..." Why did this have Tala's name written all over it?

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"Woah woah woah. What do you mean your girlfriend? Noctua, you cheatin' on me."
"I...I don't even know you."
"Hey man, I didn't know that she was two timing me. Sucks that you had to figure it out this way too. Guess I gotta go find myself a new blacksmith, artisan, and girlfriend." The man turned to Noctua, shaking his head, "That's just low."

Noctua looked at Koga now. His face was a mixture of both anger and sadness. "I don't know who he is..."
"Why are you still trying this Noct? What's the point?" Koga said, voice low. What was going on at this point? This wasn't what Koga had ever expected from Noctua. Not her. Was this what Tala had been talking about? It had to be right? It couldn't be anything else. Damn her for being right. Well, served Koga right, to rely on someone who wasn't blood.

@Noctua

Spoiler

This wasn't how she wanted the day to go. It had been so nice, so relaxing. They had stayed in town for the day, then ran into Tala and Yukiro, and now it's all crap. But, she wasn't one to hold a grudge, yet anyways. That would remain to wait to be seen until the end of the day wouldn't it. But just looking at Koga's face, she knew that he didn't believe her at all. That hurt, and it showed in her own eyes and facial expression. "Why are you still trying this Noct? What's the point?"

"Trying what Koga? I'm not doing anything. I don't know who he was, never even seen him before in my life. Haven't even seen him him in our own shop." She was starting to get mad, and that probably wasn't a good thing. She just looked at him, not wanting to believe that he would just listen to a random stranger. But, her temper was shot after the duel

"But wait, let me guess. You'd rather believe some stranger than your girlfriend. You will just listen to any random guy who just walks up over me. This," she stopped for a moment to attempt to calm down, but it wasn't entirely working in the moment. "This right here, is why I don't trust people. Why I haven't had a relationship before now. Why I don't talk to others. Because never is the new person to be trusted or believed." Frustration and sadness clouded her eyes as they started to feel wet from the tears that she was trying to bury.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Trying what Koga? I'm not doing anything. I don't know who he was, never even seen him before in my life. Haven't even seen him him in our own shop. But wait, let me guess. You'd rather believe some stranger than your girlfriend. You will just listen to any random guy who just walks up over me. This, this right here, is why I don't trust people. Why I haven't had a relationship before now. Why I don't talk to others. Because never is the new person to be trusted or believed."
"Well, he certainly seemed to know you!" Koga fired back in disbelief. How could she possibly say that given everything that had just happened? What other explanations were there? "I'm sorry Noct, but what the hell else am I supposed to believe? That some random stranger just happened to know everything about you, and knew who I am? Please, explain that one to me, because I can't figure out an alternative."

@Noctua

Spoiler

"Well, he certainly seemed to know you! I'm sorry Noct, but what the hell else am I supposed to believe? That some random stranger just happened to know everything about you, and knew who I am? Please, explain that one to me, because I can't figure out an alternative."

She just stared at him, a mixture of disbelief and some major pain, soon being covered up by the anger. "Knew everything about me? He knew my damn name and that was it Koga! You know more about me than anyone else, or have you forgotten that point?" This was starting to get to a point to where she needed to think on what she was about to say. She didn't want to say something that she was going to end up regretting, but either way, it didn't look like Koga was going to listen to her at all at this point.

"I thought that you were someone I could trust Koga...please don't make me regret telling you anything. Don't make me regret staying with you after our first quest..." She sighed lightly as she looked at him, hoping that something was going to make it threw his mind. Something to tell him that she was actually telling the truth.

@Koga

Spoiler

Noctua wore a mask of anger that rivaled Koga's own. "Knew everything about me? He knew my damn name and that was it Koga! You know more about me than anyone else, or have you forgotten that point?" Who knew what that man didn't or didn't know at this point. But Koga didn't know how he could have known who either of them were, and quite frankly his mind was too rattled to come up with anything reasonable. "I thought that you were someone I could trust Koga...please don't make me regret telling you anything. Don't make me regret staying with you after our first quest..."

There was it was. The straw that broke the camel's back. "Trust, Noct? Quite frankly, I don't know who to trust...Maybe one day I'll know the truth. And maybe I'm wrong, 'cause God knows I hope I am. If I'm not...well, I hope it was worth it to you." The man turned around and started walking away. He wasn't really sure what he was supposed to be feeling right now. Hurt, yeah. A whole lot of confusion. More than that though, uncertainty. But right now, this was all Koga could think to do. Besides...she lived a thousand and more miles away from him in the real world. It wouldn't have worked out. At least that's what Koga was trying to tell himself between sorting out what was happening. There had to be some silver lining, right?

@Noctua

Spoiler

"Trust, Noct? Quite frankly, I don't know who to trust...Maybe one day I'll know the truth. And maybe I'm wrong, 'cause God knows I hope I am. If I'm not...well, I hope it was worth it to you." He had turned and was starting to walk away then. She took a step toward him, paused, then she ran over to stop in front of him. She didn't bother to wait to see if he was going to stop or step to the side. She just stared at him, were those tears back, yeah.

"Hope what was worth it, actually breaking all things that I thought I knew by falling for you? That I think was worth everything. What's going on right now, this isn't worth anything." There was a pause before she moved to the side. "Obviously, you aren't going to listen to me, so I guess this is where we part ways for good..." She looked at him, unsure of anything anymore. "Good-bye Koga, thank you for showing me that love isn't real, because that's all I gather from you, fake love."

With that, she whistled lowly, and the snow white owl that had been hovering over them was soon on her shoulder as she walked away. Not bothering to turn around, because she knew that she would cave if she did. Also, she would want to apologize. What she just said...that was uncalled for and mean, but in the moment, he deserved every word of it.

@Koga

Spoiler

The sound of boots on cobble echoed through the alley as Noctua ran around and stopped in front of Koga. The man stopped in his tracks, if only to not run the woman over. "Hope what was worth it, actually breaking all things that I thought I knew by falling for you? That I think was worth everything. What's going on right now, this isn't worth anything. Obviously, you aren't going to listen to me, so I guess this is where we part ways for good...Good-bye Koga, thank you for showing me that love isn't real, because that's all I gather from you, fake love."

And then she walked away, leaving Koga standing there with clenched teeth. He couldn't tell if he was enraged or distraught anymore. More than likely both. But who knew anymore. The man watched her walk away for a moment longer before turning around himself and going the opposite direction. The last thing he needed right now was to be around her. Around anyone for that matter...he needed to think.

@Noctua

Spoiler

He didn't say anything, he didn't even try to come after her. He just..didn't bother. That hurt her the most. She had been secretly hoping that he was going to come after her. To realize that she wasn't hiding anything, that the guy didn't know her. But no, he was still going to believe some random stranger over her. Over the person who watched him nearly die. Over the the person who couldn't even do physical contact with him without blushing or stuttering. Over the very person who admitted that the kiss in the damn cave was her first kiss, so much so that she even freaking fainted on him! Just thinking on these new things was actually making her mad. So much so that even the white owl that was on her shoulder was soon gone. Noctua didn't bother to see where the owl was going, Athena had a habit of going to Koga when she was mad. Noctua knew that the owl was going to him right now. She just hoped that he wasn't about to be a jerk to even her. The very owl that he helped her tame. The owl that she promised to do everything that she could to make it to the frontlines with him. All of these thoughts weren't helping her at all, so much so that she actually had to stop walking and lean on a wall for a moment to not only catch her breath, but stop the tears that had been rolling down her face for longer than she could even count.

@Koga

Spoiler

Let's be honest. We all knew what Koga was going to go out an do now. Find a decent mob, and pummel it into the dirt. And that's what Koga was trying to do as he stormed out of the Town of Beginnings, prowling around for some unfortunate mob to demolish. He was both angry and sad. He figured that much out now. But that didn't solve the thousands of other problems that were bouncing around Koga's air-filled head at a thousand miles per hour. He still couldn't wrap his head around anything that had happened today. Tala, Noct...none of it.

Hoot!

The sound of a owl's call and the flap of wings caused the Swordsman to look up. "Athena," the man said with the accent he rarely slipped into these days, "what're you doing here? You know Noct isn't gonna be happy that you came and found me...can't say that I'm all too pleased either, but that's not really your fault, is it?"

@Noctua

Spoiler

She was still leaning against the wall. She was holding it up, definitely not the other way around. Athena was gone, did that mean that she wanted to be with him more than her? If so, that just seemed to make things hurt even more. She took in a deep breath, and to anyone who passed by, it would sound broken up. That was from the silent tears that were going down her face. What was she supposed to do? She had opened up a shop with him, and now she didn't even want to see him. She didn't want to be near him. Hell, she didn't even want to hear his voice, which used to be something that she lived for hearing.

Athena on the other hand, or well wing, was floating above Koga's head. A soft hoot was given before she dropped down to Koga's shoulder and pecked at his ear. Her own little way of asking what in the world was going on. He would know that it wasn't an attack peck, mainly because of how gentle she still was when she did the movement.

@Koga

Spoiler

Athena flew circles around Koga's head, softly hooting as she perched herself on his shoulder, nipping at his ear lobe. Koga took a deep breath as he started walking. To where, he didn't know. "I wish I could tell you Athena...I don't know either. I don't and I really wish I did..." The man could feel hot tears threatening his eyes. He hated this. The confusion. The not knowing. Koga wanted answers but it didn't seem like any were coming. "You should go back to Noct," Koga told the snowy owl, "she's gonna be missing you...and I'm sure she could really use you right now." Koga shook his head then, realizing what he was saying, "Why should I even care, Athena? If she's been cheating on me, I shouldn't care." Except, that was the issue, wasn't it Koga? You didn't know? Not yet at least. But at this point, Koga wasn't sure that it would matter, even if he did know.

@Noctua

Spoiler

The owl was being nothing but persistent in the fact that he wasn't willing to listen to basically anyone but a random stranger, but she was being kinder than Noctua had. That was probably the only good thing about the owl not being able to talk, she could just sit on Koga's shoulder with judging eyes. Eyes that seemed to ask him if he was one hundred percent sure about anything that he just said. The owl seemed fine to be perched on his shoulder, all until he talked about Noctua cheating on him. That was what made the owl hoot harshly before snapping his ear between her beak before taking off and heading back to Noctua.

It didn't take long for the owl to land on Noctua's shoulder and rub her white feathered face against Noctua's tear soaked one. "I'd ask you how he is, but you can't answer me." She sighed for a moment before she started to think. Something was going to have to happen, she just didn't know what yet.

@Koga

Spoiler

Athena stared at Koga with big eyes that seemed to tell him he was a goddamn idiot. Yeah, thanks Athena, we already knew that. We probably wouldn't be here if Koga had even the smallest iota of a brain cell. And yet, here we are.

"Ow, hey!" Koga cried out as the owl harshly nipped his ear and then flying away. Koga's health bar had actually dropped by one HP. That was impressive in and of itself. Koga rubbed his ear as he watched the avian fly away, probably back to Noctua.

When he could no longer see Athena, Koga let out a sigh and started walking down the dirt path again. Koga recognized this path now. This was the one he and Noct had first fought side by side together. Well, fighting together might've been an over statement. He'd fought, she kinda just missed a bunch and felt real bad about it later. But still...those tears Koga could feel earlier, they flowed down his cheeks slowly now.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Athena was perched on her shoulder, and she was thinking. What was there that she could do that could make things easier on her now? She literally just lost the only reason things were dying, she wasn't going to be able to kill things like that without extra help. That was when she looked at Athena and she sighed. She knew that she should do, but was it fair to the owl? It was like punishing her, making her have to relearn something just because she somehow messed up her own life in this damn game. How in the hell did that even happen anyways? Who was that guy? These questions all rushed back to the front of her mind and she pinched the bridge of her nose then. It helped with two things, the migraine onset and stopping the tears that had been flowing so hard. She was going to need to see straight now, so the crying was going to have to stop. She turned from the gates of town and started to walk to the teleporter. "I hope you're ready for snow Athena, it's about to get cold." With that, Noctua was no longer on the first floor.

@Koga