[PP-F1] ....Friends

"Victory, I made someone cringe!" He laughed and the weapon vanished into his inventory. "There's a reason I don't keep it out most of the time, though I am familiar with it. And sure, I didn't know you'd want my help so quickly, but I'll give you a hand. No need to give me anything in return unless you really want to - I'm helping you as, maybe not a friend yet, but like one."

Mari snorted. “I’d rather not owe someone like you anything you albino snake.” His lips split into an angular grin.

"Smart girl. Though friends get discounted rates." She could swear she saw a forked tongue flicker there but his lips didn't actually part. Yeh, definitely an albino f**king snake.

“Fine.” She said. “Meet me on the fourth floor in two hours.” She held up her hand to show two fingers, “You can count, right?” She asked.

"Your wish is my command, Milady Peaches. Second floor in four hours." He waited a heartbeat before deadpanning. "I'll be there. Unless you decide to hole up somewhere I can't find. I'll send you a message when I reach the fourth floor."

Mari never expected to find someone willing to call her a friend today, especially someone so manipulative and infuriating as Mephisto. She really wasn’t sure what to make of him, or if she could really trust him. But, for now, she really needed to grab a familiar - and train it. She knew what she wanted.

She had told Alkor about them. Once a year, the frozen lakes ice became thin enough to part pay to swimming Koi beneath them. It would be a familiar not many would expect from Mari , but it was one close to her heart.

“Right…” Mari said softly. “I appreciate it.” She added for good measure.

He tilted his head to one side, studying her through slitted eyes, then gave her one, slow nod. "Til next we meet then, Mari." He wasn't going to make a deal of her thanking him, then. That was - good, right? His odd green, white and black outfit made him just about vanish into the trees as he walked away. 

“Alright. Seeya.” Mari said as she gave him a wave and turned away from where he had gone.

Another friend...huh….?