[SP-F1/10] Engineering power <<Earning a Living: Blacksmith>>

Walking closer to what I thought to be a cave I notice that my eyes where not playing jokes on me. This 'gate' was made out of stone and it seemed it has laid dormant for a really long time as It was open and I could just walk past it without much trouble. Getting inside it seemed like it was quite a bit brighter inside, noticing that there was a hole at the top of the room where the light came into. I placed my light source away and I opened my menu to take a fast picture of the view from out from the gate.

The view itself was one of the ages and right in front of me, there was a fountain with stalagmites growing from it as well as all the building having either two or more stalagmites attached to them. What was this place and how is this place even around here? Looking around for a bit I notice a statue, no not a statue more like a stone body. It was so familiar to me as what it was but still, it seemed weird. getting closer to it I took a better look at it and notice that is was a stone guardian, one of the things you had to fight in the third lesson.

Action: Gathering Materials
ID: 138824 | LD: 7+2=9 | Failed
3/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

The Ideas started to run into my head as the body laid there. Maybe this was once a place of people and the stone guardians where the guards of this place. And If I remember the third lesson good You needed to get an item from inside this cave, as soon as you picked it up a stone guardian jumped out. Maybe back then that guardian was just protecting what it was told to protect. The item you give to some artisan in the city of beginners. 

My brain started to think about many and even more ideas on what really could have happened here, like this one. Before everything people in this cave where used to the dark and had Stone guardians to protect themself. After many years people from outside came across this place and wanted to take it or something. I don't know I'm not a storyteller, but it sounded fun.

ID:138825 | LD: 8+2=10 | Failed
3/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

Inspecting the body more I notice that is was dead or at least not active at all sitting dormant state for a long time. I knocked on it and as soon as I did I heard the knock I did around as an Echo as well. But it got quiet after that as soon as I looked at it. It was clear this was here for a long time and it seemed that not many players have met their eyes upon this at all. Waiting for a bit I got away from the stone guardian and walked over to the fountain and stared into it. There was still a bit of water inside it but the rest of the structure was either overgrown by the stalagmites or destroyed.

Letting out a sigh I walked over to one of the buildings that were not blocked of or destroyed at this point. With a smile, I looked at the outside of this building and walked around it to make sure I didn't miss anything I did not want to miss

ID: 138826 | LD: 1+2=3 | Failed
3/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

As soon as my roundabout was done I walked up to the structure and looked on the ground near its walls and near what looked to be some sort of baker. Inspecting it a bit closer I notice that it was just not any baker or oven, it was a forge and a really old one as Stalagmites have started to grow on it a bit as well. It was still something important, meaning this building was a blacksmith and I started to look around the forge with the just amount of Luck I needed as I spotted an item just laying there in the forge itself. Picking it up I got a notification about it and I seemed to get an update to my quest as well, meaning just one more Item to go and I got this quest done and ready to go back out of here. Turning around I looked once more last time around the forge and nodded finding nothing more, it seemed that I needed to go and check the inside to find more or I would be at a lost here if I did not.

ID: 138827 | LD: 13+2=15 | 1 Tier 1 Materials
4/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

Going inside the blacksmith I notice a few stone-like furniture as well as some old dust and wood items. Meaning my thoughts from before could be wrong as wood is not easily gathered underground at all. It made me think of something else. Out there, there as this game that had something close to this, there where people underground hiding and minding their own business. Until one day they disappeared into thin air leaving behind everything they once had.

It seemed to be a bit long search but still, it seemed fun to think about this as well. I walked in a bit more and looked around moving some things around and looking under the stones. It was clear something or someone left this place without being spares on what to leave behind as really nothing was in here. I sighed and turned around and looked outside of the blacksmith before noticing that there was still a door inside here.

ID: 138828 | LD: 3+2=5 | Failed
4/5 materials

Edited by Azhoda

Walking up to the door I pushed it open and once I did I notice that this place must have been some sort of storage as well as that it was also empty apart from one shelf. Walking closer to it I pick up the item from the shelf and inspect it. Of course, it was an item for blacksmithing as it was a small piece of gold and I placed it into my inventory. Sooner or later I got at that right moment an update from my quest saying that I need to return to the quest giver and get myself there fast.

I walked outside of the blacksmith and straight to the gate of this place, looking back one more time before going back to the exit of this cave. My thought drifted off o something about this place and I was thinking about getting back here and start finding out about this place a bit more. But on the other hand, I wanted to have some rest, as well as my stomach, was still not happy with myself as well.

ID: 138829 | LD: 17+2=19 | 1 Tier 1 Material
5/5 Materials | Quest Updated 

Edited by Azhoda
  • 2 weeks later...

With the job out of the way, the only thing left to do was to leave the cave and get back to the town. It was quite something to find something like this while out hunting for materials and knowing that the world was full of lore that most people would avoid if encountered. To be honest I did this as well and just try to get to the top and out of this world. That was and still is my goal. I may have had a small breakdown and loss of hope but I still have to keep pushing until I get to the end of this route. I have come this far and most lower-level players would look up to me by now and act like I am some sort of super-strong person, But I am not at all. I'm just going what I always did pushing until I got to the end of my goal. 

Even if this quest was a distraction of my main goal I did need some sort of income or I would not get any col at all. And seeing as I am not going out hunting so much lately I guess it's better to start fighting with a strong spirit into something I wish to get better at. For now, my goal was to gain my own way to get my weapons in this world as I have seen something I want to work for and of course I'm a bit curious about the whole mechanics of this world as well as how far you can go with crafting things.

slowly backtracking out of the cave was easy as the map helped me a great deal now. As the walls got closer again I already knew that soon up ahead the stalagmites and stalactites getting that damp and watery smell. It was really a long cave compared to what you first explore for caves on the first floor. I was not really into the lore of this place and just ignored it for the most part, but I would lie if some part of me would say I was not enjoying the new environments I see around. Like the stalagmites and the stalactites are quite nice to see and soon I would walk up to them surely it was one room and floor 21 had more of them but this was probably the first time I ever saw them as I never really been to floor 21 at all.

walking into the small and narrow path of the cave as I was slowly thinking about the idea of what happened, someone must have already found this place and just told others. Guess I just another failed attempt in getting something in this game. Well, for now, let's just get going and find the best way to get out of here fast.

Once getting out of the narrow path I could smell the watery and damp air again. It was clear and easy to smell as I kind of smelled it before. Sure it was weird and I still would have had trouble trying to wrap my head around it but I can do this without any problem. It was hard to see past my light from y item but I was for sure getting around the room where the stones were at, as the map showed gracefully. Walking for a bit I was the first few stalagmites and slowly walked around them to the exit. It took a bit to get around them for sure but slowly and carefully I walked around them as with my eyes I could not help but just go left and right in the darkness ahead of me. Passing by the rocks, it was much easier to use the map now then it was before. with double backing now I got to the exit of the open area and moved on from the cave.

Sooner or later I was walking in the cave slowly moving up. It was not hard to see but there was light ahead of me and slowly I made it to the mouth of the cave. Yet again it seemed the bats respawned and with their path set to fly outside to give a bit of a scare to some of the players. It was more of a fun idea to see of player reacted to them but I never really got jumped by them at all not even the first time so really it was all up to the sort of person who came here. But as soon as I walked outside the sun kind of hit him right in the face. maybe a bit bright, to be honest. It made me think of the many times I fell asleep at work and one of my co-workers would open the doors to the workshop and the sun would shine in bright. But no time to dwell on the past now. I had to look ahead for sure.

Walking outside and leaving the cave behind me was great, I could finally see at least 5 feet in front of me now and I didn't need to pay much attention to where I walked. Now it was just time to make it to the road and head back to the town to get this quest over and done with. It sure is a great advantage to make my own armour but really I was not ready for this at all. To be honest I didn't even know how to work on some of the metals around here. Sure I was an engineer but come on I don't really work with metal more with the construction of the engine and stuff. To be completely honest more now, I guess in some sort of way I was egg-cited to start crafting as well as trying to find out the system around it. At least, for now, I got something to get my mind to and get away from some of the other things I have been working for. Let's just say its mine kind of relaxing then.

While walking for a bit I was getting my head into the ideas and possibilities to make or create my own weapons and armour, it should be very easy once it was so but for now, I needed to get back home. Or at least get back to the city and get the quest over with. It took a few minutes to get to the Town of Beginners again and as soon as I entered the gates and into the city itself I felt a bit relieved knowing that I was back at this place. To be honest this place was not bad at all and even felt like one of the most lift in places of them all. Sure Floor twenty-four became more lift in and people went there more because it was the closes to the frontlines without entering a maze filled with monsters. Walking for a bit I walked getting to the blacksmith again. Standing in front of the shop itself I was thinking about what would happen once I got my own shop like this. maybe I could even get an apprenticeship with someone and learn under their wing But I took a deep breath and walked in.

As soon as I walked in Cerdic, the Blacksmith who gave me the quest and has been kind so far to help me at this moment. He greeted me with the smile as he did before and waved me over to come and join him at the anvil. He explained to me to put the items into the bowl and keep it into the fire until they went into their fluid form and ready to go into a mould. 

Waiting for the items to meltdown I looked at the items hanging on the wall. Many of them I didn't even know and some of them I knew because they looked familiar to some of the tools I would be using. "Any experience before with Blacksmithing Miss?" Cerdic asked me what got me a bit of guard. I turned to him "Well I do know some of the things here, but I am more of an inventor myself, Say a bit more with the fine details inside some of the items," I said just not to confuse the AI with other talks. "Oh so one of those types who like to tinkerers, Well most people would see this as tinkering as well but trust me its much more finer," he said to me pointing at the molten materials in the bowl.

Getting ready I took the bowl with a tong and placed it into the moult. as soon as it got hard the item was created and I only needed to use the hammer now to make it more into the item as at this point it was called a metal rod. Hammering away over a few hours I ended up with a few tried of reheating it and hammering it again. As I looked at it Cerdic smiled and gave me the advice to start over as it seemed really broken.

Action: Crafting One-Handed Sword
ID: 140977 | CD: 2 | Failed
ID: 140978 | CD: 8 | LD: 5 | Failed, No Salvage
ID: 140979 | CD: 1 | Failed
ID: 140980 | CD: 7 | LD: 14 | Failed, Salvage

Edited by Azhoda

As the broken blade was back into its molten state I looked at it and wondered what it would be like to even make my own armour as well. Once it was ready again I took the bowl again and placed it down into the moult again and started hammering onto the item again to get that sword I had in my head. As it slowly started to take shape. Cerdic was looking over my shoulder a bit and gave some advice to me. "Use more of your raw power, As you seem to have some power in that body of yours for sure," he said to me as I was trying to get this item into the shape I wanted it to me. But as soon as I got into hammering I went a bit to fast and broke the blade in two. 

As soon as the blade did I just stared at it, it has been quite a few hours, maybe two or more and I just stared at it. At that moment I snapped and out of anger just threw down the hammer and sat down some stair in the workshop. "I can't do this, It way too hard!" I said in an outburst. Cerdic walked up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Miss, You have quite some skills, most don't get those edges as you did in just the less two hours, Just try it again." He said taking his hand off my shoulder and pointed at the anvil.

Action: Crafting one-handed Sword
ID: 140981 | CD: 4 | Failed
ID: 140982 | CD: 2 | Failed
ID: 140983 | CD: 4 | Failed
ID: 140984 | CD: 2 | Failed

Edited by Azhoda

I looked up to the anvil as the blade seemed already molten back to its simple form, I sighed and looked at the blacksmith, "Well no, I'm not really that good, All my skills just fall into luck. Everything I did was because I was somewhere at the right time doing the right thing. I did not really make it to the spot where I am now because I was strong, No someone else went away and I took his place," I said to him as I looked down again. "Oi! don't be like that miss, you are from the looks of it a great person to be with, even if you are lucky it just means Fate has something in store for you!" He said to me. This made me think and I nodded, guess it does then.

Standing up I walked over to the anvil and started working on the blade again, Two times I needed it to reheat and work on it a bit more, but then on the last try I just hammered away and I felt like hours passed on this one blade I was making. For a time I worked on it and then until I felt good I smiled and took it above my head as the blade was shining in the sun that came into the window.

Action: Crafting one-handed Sword
ID: 141121 | CD: 4 | Failed
ID: 141122 | CD: 6 | Failed | Salvage
ID: 141123 | CD: 11 | Succes | Rare Weapon

Item Crafted: 
Name: Jagged Stinger
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: N/A
ID: 141123
Roll: 11
Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword
Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Paralyze 2 
Description: The Blade has red leather around the handle as it curves a bit And in the guard or the sword sits a yellow gem. The blade itself is straight with one side of the blade being Jagged and the other really Sharp.
Post Link: Not Empty at all!

Edited by Azhoda

I stared at the blade for a second, not the best but it was better than my last few attempts for sure. I got a small smile on my face as I looked at it and sighed as I wiped the sweat from my forehead and looked at the Blacksmith, "Mighty fine work for sure, it seemed like there is all I can teach you there right in your hand." He said to me and crossed his arms with a smile and got out a small laugh. "Well Thank you, Sir I really appreciate it for the help," I said to him as I looked at the item in aw. He nodded and walked to his counter for a moment and waved me to come over. I walked up to him and kind of was interested in what he was going to show me. For a moment I got interested and he grabbed some materials and items. "Here miss, Something to start you off with. And of course, you are a blacksmith now so you can make a shop if you want," he said to me as he placed some items on his counter.

Taking the items I looked at them, it seemed like some materials and as well some basic tools and equipment. It was at least something to start off and get going with my own stuff. I waved to the NPC and left his workshop walking outside as the sun was still bright in the sky. I walked with my new items in my inventory to the market and looked about for a minute Thinking off where to go now and find out what I wanted to do. Most of the time I have been alone and only Yuuma around when he had some new information for me. Well, to be honest, that was his job as an info broker. Guess job is still around as you got the people who made items for the frontlines and only the frontlines. and on the other hand, you had the info brokers as well as the frontliners themselves, added with them you had scouts who cleared out the places and set off to other players for a map or something. Thinking about it, I was still nowhere near any of these jobs and to add something more. I didn't even help anyone, never done that or was planning to do so as I was really focused on myself and just my own goal.

Thinking about it, I didn't even have anyone apart from a few people in my friend list, there was, of course, Koga who 'helped' me with some quest, but I must say most of the things that I had in mind while working with him was that I was going to grow in level and start fighting as well. To be honest, who was there left in my list, I had some contacts with crafters and other than that I did not really have anyone. Not that I would call those friends or anything. Some even say Yuuma and me are good friends if you put us next together, but I don't see him as a friend more like a ... well, contact I guess. I give him money and in return, he gets me stuff and even more so often he joins as well helping me fight these monster and stuff. I didn't feel like he was my friend at all but others would but why I don't know. Maybe ... maybe I should get out more as Yuuma told me to, getting out and about in the world to meet some faces to get better and find out who and what this world can bring me for new stories.

With that thought in mind, I walked around the streets of floor one. here it was that people met and started to move on a relationship from there, but I didn't really see what the meaning was of those relationships. In most of the end, you had to make sure to keep them alive as well and trying to keep them stable in some sort of way. It is way too much of a hassle, to be honest, but who am I to prove wrong. I'm just a someone who thinks in many ways. Like how would friendship help me in battle if I could just get someone and pay them col to follow me around for a time, and as well why would I waste my time with socialising while I could be out there and starting to level up and get the experience I really need. But for now maybe, just once, I should look for that one moment and see if anyone is willing to join me on a battle without paying them money. 

walking on these streets did give away my level to most people as it seemed like my gear was shining quite a bit while others seemed to have their basic or even normal armour on as well. I was wondering how I came to be in this place. Wonder how it would have been different if I was not in this game. In some sort of way, I would probably have heard it on the news and think about it for a week and then just go straight to my father and say if he knew someone to talk to and help and find a way to save the people inside the game. I can't stand seeing how useless some of these people here are and how weak it makes them in the end. But maybe I should help them by getting stronger, that was at least my first goal as well as wanting to get out of this game and go back to my job. So it was clear to me that maybe the best way to my goal was to find those with the same mindset and ideas and get going. Or if now I will clear this game in order to save them all if I must I will do it and trust me I will not stop until I get there in the end. I must help them somehow.

THREAD SUMMARY:
1 SP Quest | 2 SP 2 pages
800 Col 2 pages
<<Blacksmith>> Profession
OHSS Jagged Stinger
Standard <<Blacksmith>> Shop 
(5) Tier 1 crafting materials

Edited by Azhoda