[PP-F01] Music starting <TFFLAF>

Mari seemed to deflect most of Quinn's praising even if Quinn meant them, its been some time of course but Quinn was rusty on the fact of even playing. With that said Quinn moved quickly on trying to find this last material so she could more on and be done with this quest. It was just a matter of time to gain these last materials and get away from the wild and start levelling up as well. Listening to what Mari said Quinn looked up a bit confusing, "Oh, So..." She caught herself before saying sorry and nodded to Mari instead, "I'm just used to being polite to people, say sorry, speak to people with Madam or Sir to people who are much older then you, always keep yourself at last if you mention people and Don't Point. And a bit more but yea short version of that." Quin said to Mari standing firm for a bit before going back to gathering materials.

Quinn looking around for a bit and let out a sigh as she stood up, "Well no materials around here more, Somehow I feel like I just got a bad day trying to find these materials and all," Quinn said before looking around. For a second Quinn thought she saw a dot of white come closer and away from her vision fast. Quinn did not pay it to much attention and moved on back to Mari, "Do you know any better place to go and get materials, I seemed to have quite a bit of trouble finding here materials at all,"  Quinn asked to her wondering if there were more places like this to find materials faster and get things started as soon as Quinn got done with this quest.

ID# 136684 results:
LD 9 Failed
4/5

@Mari

Edited by Quinn

Quinn, in her usual quiet voice explained why she was apologizing so much. That it was her way of being polite, Mari didn't see it the same way. When people apologized too much it often meant something else, but Mari wasn't going to grill the poor kid on the intricacies of that sort of social discourse. She didn't need to hear it, and Mari didn't need to sour the day with it. Instead Mari shrugged, "I don't think you need to worry about being too polite in a world like this."

Quinn seemed frustrated with the lack of materials, but Mari thought she was doing a pretty good job.

"There's Materials." Mari said. "You've barely shifted from where you started - I'd suggest moving a few feet either to the left or right. There's reeds, rocks, small bugs, shells,aqautic plants, flowers - you just gotta look a little harder." Mari mused. She hoped her tone wasn't too off, she really was just trying to help the kid. 

"Sometimes we have bad days, sometimes, good - I don't craft much anymore these days, but when I did I'd often go hunting and come up short. Normally you'd wanna use something to help increase your odds, but with a quest this simple I wouldn't waste an item so valuable."

Mari shifted to cross her legs, leaning forward so she was leaning on her knees, "I'm happy to stay right here; I'm on the lookout for that Swan, its also close to town, since you'll need to go back and craft some things - but if you really want to, I suppose I can take you to the edge of the forest, boss." She added the term 'boss' in a joking tone with a small smirk.

@Quinn

listening to Mari's advice as she spoke Quinn nodded, "Guess I need a bit more hope in myself as well" She said to her as she looked around to what Mari pointed out. Sure this quest was simple but how did it come so far that Quinn was not having any luck at all. But for now, with what Mari said laid in the back of her head Quinn made her way to the side of the water. Slowly going down at the water Quinn looked down the reeds to find a spark of that material she needed, it should not be this hard right. Then as Quinn saw something shine she bowed down to grab it, but as soon she had it in her hand.

HONK! HONK!

Right there the monster, the foul creature of a Swan, Mari just jinxed it. Quinn dropped the item as it fell into the water near the swan. It slowly swam up to the side and Quinn could not help but get out a small yell of panic as it appeared out of nowhere. "QU'EST-CE QUE LE HELL" Quinn got out as soon as she saw it coming out the water and Quinn stumbled back in her panic. The swan slowly went up to Quinn who was still scared of it as she moved back. It didn't seem to bite at her but more like slowly following her as she moved back to where Mari was. 

Once close to Mari, Quinn stood behind her, "HOW DID IT FIND US AGAIN!" Quinn said in her panic clearly getting out that energy as she let it out quite loud and her accent was so clear to hear now as well. The Swan, however, seemed to be more aggressive now to Mari and was trying to walk around Mari to get to Quinn. Trying to walk around Mari to get to Quinn seemed a bit harder for the Swan then it though as it honked at Mari to get out of the way.

@Mari

ID# 136808 results:
LD 7 Failed
4/5

Edited by Quinn

"It takes a lot of time to have self confidence." Mari mused as she tapped her knee. "Hell, even I don't really have a great deal of it. I just don't give a flying f**k what other people think. Most people either hate me, are out to kill me, or tolerate me - and I'm fine with that."  She wasn't, really. Mari constantly questioned herself, and doubted herself. The voices were so loud sometimes Mari struggled to drown them out, but Quinn probably knew about that all too well, she seemed to suffer some form of social anxiety, which was still a form of anxiety. 

Mari had been too focused on watching Quinn; that she had completely missed the return of the doting Swan.   HONK   I
n truth, Mari was waiting for it to come back. The thing seemed to have quite the obsession with the young girl. Mari sprinted, kicking up off the ground.  With one hand she caught Quinn around her small waist and pulled her back away from the water. It was easier because Quinn was already teetering back toward Mari. With that done Mari then stood in front of Quinn, blocking the Swan's path. She scooped it up and took a few long strides away from Quinn and sat back down. This time instead of throwing the Swan, holding it down.

The swan made quite the racket. "Hush I'm not taking you away from her this time you bratty lil' sh*t." Mari spat at the Swan.  Her words aren't what calmed it down, it wasn't sentient, but it's long neck swiveled toward Quinn and it gave a more subdued sound as it clacked its beak.

"It's fine Quinn, as I said - I think it just likes you. I'll hold onto it for now so you can keep hunting. But if you want me to throw it away again - I'll do that too."

@Mari

Mari moved fast at the Swan and grabbed it this time holding it quite heavy in her grip, somehow it seemed a bit sad that it did not get closer to Quinn but Quinn did not like the swan at all. Hearing what Mari said she nodded to her and took a breath as she looked at Mari and the swan, "Alright... I guess I try again, just keep it away from me," Quinn said to Mari as she started her way making it back to the side of the water.

Going where the swan got out of the water, but with no luck as Quinn walked back to Mari holding the swan. "Well, that didn't give much..." Quinn stopped herself looking down at Mari's feet "Mari could you take a step away for a second," Quinn said not caring about the swan for a moment as she kneeled down where Mari was standing, then as she looked there was a small white flower almost the same as her hairpins. It was clearly plucked by someone and not Mari or Quinn did it. Picking it up and holding it for a second Quinn smile. "Well, that was something that happened," She said as the quest updated right before her and it seemed she needed to go back to the city now and get there as fast as she could to get the item quest done.

Quinn looked at Mari and the swan, "I may believe you are right Mari, Because you didn't pluck this flower, and neither did I. And the only master criminal to have done it should be him," Quinn said pointing at the swan who seemed to have calmed down a bit now but still struggling to get out. "Mari you can let him go but just over there," Quinn said pointing at the side of the water. "Because you can't come with me now, I would love to thank you, Mari, for this and everything you have done for me so far," Quinn said opening her menu and sending Mari a friend request, "Whoever you may have been in the past, I don't care, you are my friend now," Quinn said to her hoping she would accept the request.

@Mari

ID# 136823 results:
LD 20 Succeded
5/5 Quest Updated

Edited by Quinn

Mari took a few steps back as Quinn asked then sat with her butt placed firmly amongst the grass, wriggling ever so often thanks to a less than happy swan in her lap. At least the feathered creature had calmed down somewhat, seeing that Mari wasn't going to throw it away this time - unless Quinn asked her of course. The tiny blonde knealt down to pick up a small white flower - had it fallen from her hair?

No, it seemed like it was some sort of material. Quinn deduced that the Swan must have picked it up, and further insinuating that it had been for her. Mari snorted. "Would be the first I've heard of such a thing, but I've seen stranger." Mari said with a small shrug of her shoulders. The Swam ruffled its feathers and made another soft sound as Quinn grew closer. "At least you don't have a giant bee or somethin' following you around." Mari said in jest as she pushed herself up off the ground and hefted the swan to sit under her arm.

Mari shifted to the side of the lake, "Yanno - there is a chance it'll follow you back into the safe zone - so I'll let it go once there is some distance between the both of you."

Quinn offered Mari her heartfelt thanks, Mari shook her head gently. "It's fine, really."  She couldn't really illustrate the point with her hands, since they were holding an antsy swan. "I don't mind helping, someone told me I should make more of an effort - it's not just that...." Mari said as her eyes met Quinn's. "I guess, I don't like seeing people in distress." Mari blinked when Quinn sent the friend request. Mari wasn't entirely sure she viewed Quinn as a friend - the term was something Mari didn't throw around lightly. "I'll accept it when I've let your doting little friend go." Mari said with a small smile.

"In the mean time, you should take care of what you need to in town."

@Quinn

It still was something important to have at least someone on her friend list now, And Quinn didn't mind much. "Well, I hope I see you again And don't be hard and ask me for any help if needed. Two girls like us should support each other," Quinn said to her sounding quite mature as she said that. Waving Mari goodby Quinn made her way to the quest again. It was not long before getting to the town and with the memories of this 'adventure' still lingering on her mind, she seemed a lot better walking around going straight to the shop without much trouble. once there Quinn smiled to the man there who gave her the quest. He requested her to start making potions and Quinn started going that right away without much trouble at all. Grinding up the materials she got Quinn made a potion, not the best but it was there clearly good and made as well. Then The NPC asked her to go to the blacksmith to make a small delivery to him. Accepting Quinn took the box with potions to The blacksmith who greeted her with joy and patted her on the head giving her as well something for the trouble asking is she ever had time to come back here and help him as well for something.

ID# 136901 results:
CD 9 Succeded Rare Quality

With that, all done Quinn walked out of the shop and walked over to the Inn she was staying at. going straight to the room she owned she opened her menu and thought about it for a minute and smiled. 

To Mari

Thank you, Mari, for helping, I hope we have more adventures like this.

Loves Quinn

With that, she closed her menu and laid down on the bed looking up at the ceiling with a smile and thought about what she should be doing after this.

Thread Summary
Quest + Thread Reward

Quinn: 200 Col, 3 SP, 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP),
 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage), 1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
@Mari: 200 Col, 1SP

Edited by Quinn