[SP | FL02] Finding a Fairy Tale or Nightmare

He stared quietly at the monument. People would tread by like him and go up to the monument looking for players names. He hadn't mustered the courage to do so yet not being prepared to see if their names were up there. Just look and be quick. You don't need to look for others. His mind thought as he took a step up each way. Every footstep ached as he fulfilled his promise to Haine in search for her relatives. He looked over where Keith's name would of been and scanned the K section. The list wasn't too big as he hoped he hadn't missed it. To his fortune, the name was not listed. "Oh thank goodness." He let out a sigh of relief.

His shoulder bumped into another person as he headed to the R Section."Oh pardon me.." The white haired young man offered a bow to the stranger apologetically. "Don't worry about it." The young girl passed him by without a second thought. He wondered why such a young girl was here. Players came all sorts of sizes. He looked at the section scanning the name list as well. Ruri's name was also not located on the list and another sigh of relief was given as he did not have to break that news either. His heart started to pound less now. Footsteps pepped up as he jogged down the steps not looking back at the monument. He wasn't going to stare at something that brought grief to them. He wanted to look at all the missing people on his very list but put that aside. One thing at a time.

His first goal was to hit up info brokers on the second floor. 

Spoiler

Level 19 HP 380 EN:80

Armor: Rose Prism
Quality: Perfect
Roll ID: 150711
Enhancement: Evasion +1, Mit +2

Dagger: Jagged Fang
Roll ID: 155022
Enhancement: Damage+2, Bleed +1

Trinket: Primrose Cross
Roll ID:153798
Enhancement: Loot Dice 3

Trinket: Eye of Rain
Roll ID: 155021
Enhancement: Accuracy 2 , Recovery 1

UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911a
UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911b

Darkness Salve
Yui's Grace (3/5)
Blank Beginner Map
Blank Intermediate Map
Blank Advanced Map

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Bright lights gathered and formed the slender mans young body as it ripped him from location to another location. So this is the second floor.  He thought as his feet crushed underneath the gravel. It was as he remembered it before with different alterations. He furrowed his brow slightly as he kept moving through out the main settlement, Urbus. The wind moderately strong as it howled down small allies and without caution, it could take a hat away just like that. His body moved fluidly across the market place and down ally ways. He spoke to numerous NPC's that he thought would be relevant in his search just to see if there any local legends or quest givers that resembled to whisking people away. 

"Thanks." He spoke to an info broker. "Good luck on your search. If I catch anything, I'll send you a message. Perhaps you should explore this area. There are plenty of mountains." The instructions to search mountains wouldn't be too far fetched but wouldn't that mean that the duo was able to send messages if they were stuck? He sighed slightly hoping that they weren't in such a predicament like Haine and himself found themselves in. He took toward the exit of the village to explore the rest of the region of this floor.

He sent a message to Haine and hoped she would find this message well. He had written a letter placing it on her door but realized it may of been lost in the mean time. 

Hey Haine.

I went out to do some errands. Don't worry too much. I made lunch for you. Its sitting in the fridge. I'll be home before dinner. <3

Kiluia

He tapped the send message and sent it away. He wanted to make sure she wouldn't be caught up in this had he actually found relevant bad information about the family. A wind rounded the corner of a portion of the mountain and hit him straight on almost knocking him over. He frowned as he suddenly braced waiting for it to stop. This path should just lead me around to places that adventurers have explored but its a safe road. He was able to traverse the area without worry of monsters. Every wandering nomad or merchant he stopped to ask them with the same questions.

"Is there anything that could whisk someone away?" He spoke to the nomad"You mean make someone just disappear?" The nomad seemed to think to himself. "You may want to take a look down the mesa. There is a lake that could do that but I could be wrong." The nomad bowed after receiving a col for his trouble.

He nodded thankful to the mans information. That was something he could go off of. He checked his settings but nothing seemed to flag as a quest. Perhaps it was just idol chatter. He would have to think about it as he trekked down the way seeing the lake in the far distance.  Well damn. That's a hike. Good thing this is downhill. He thought to himself.

The thing is any information from a rumor spreads like wildfire. Wildfire that cannot be controlled. It can bring fortune or misfortune depending on how it works. It may bring hope but it may not bring hope to someone. His breathing changed a bit as the elevation change caused it to decrease. The lake wasn't as far as he had originally figured it out to be. Eyes glanced over the outline of the lake and his eyes were dazzled by the crisp blue see through water. It was strange as he had only seen this on beaches in real life. This was odd staring at a lake that seemed to have no life inside it yet it radiated life all at the same time. Fingers reached out to touch the fluid and was almost to the surface before he paused. He had no reflection in the water. What an odd thing to see. He pulled back instantly feeling on guard. What kind of lake had no reflection in it? What was even stranger, the lake didn't reflect the occasional cloud either. " The fuck?" He was a sailor without anyone around. He was indeed a foul mouthed boy but that would always remain a secret.

The fluid suddenly moved surging forth into a pillar. The moment shocked him as he stumbled back awaiting to see what hellish experience he had brought himself to.

"Weary traveler. What brings you to my presence?" The pillar of water spoke to a now cautious Kiluia. "You must have some sort of reason to come to a place like this?" 

That phrase sounded more like a warning than an actual fact to him. He managed to straighten himself up looking at the pillar. The only thing was that it was no longer a pillar. It was a water portrait of Haine before him.  Just a simple water outline of her for the moment that began to take shape into her actual being. This was being a bit more invasive that he cared to. A frown came across his face as he came to reality of what the reason he came here for. "I'm looking for some people. Someone pointed me in this direction so I wanted to investigate it for myself" 
"They fooled you. They seek entertainment around these parts. I'm an vengeful water spirit. One who protects women. Human. I can access your thoughts. Are they impure?"

He grit his teeth as he had no real option but to speak to it. Tsk" Entertainment huh?" His voice shook a bit as he spoke."I'm looking for someone that my lover cares deeply for. I don't know what you consider impure."

It coiled toward him and was mere inches with a smile on it's face that replicated Haine's. "We shall see.." The water shot inside the mouth, nose, and eyes of Kiluia.

He felt the invasive nature of the water sprite. This felt similar to the cocoon being This injected in his body as he felt his senses numb. The sudden intrusion caused him to clutch his throat as he was forced to stare a ripple of water that took to his eyes. The sound, the taste,  and the sight caused his body to shudder as it was reacting to him not breathing. Relax. Breathe. The words echoed in his head as he attempted to do so. He could breath surprisingly as he started to slightly relax a bit. If someone were to pass by it would look like a damn possession as he felt his memories being scanned. 

"So you do have pure intentions. Even your thoughts of this woman are being felt by myself." It mused to itself as it spoke within his mind. "But you are damaged. Extremely damaged from what I can tell." The invasion lasted for another moment before it ripped its water from his body leaving him in tact.

He coughed hard causing him to almost throw up what he had for breakfast. What the HELL was wrong with these monsters and their strange nature. It was then he heard damaged. That was a blow to him as he spoke. "It's not about me right now. I'm interested in finding people. Can you help me?" Why did this quest seem different? Why did the sprite seem to have more options of selecting answers than most. Was the programming bad?

The sprite swirled around his body in that form still before speaking "If you are that desperate, what would you do for it?" It teased before actually answering."I have no information on such a task of finding people." 

This little.. He thought to himself as he started to walk away. "Thanks for answer." "Go east. Be prepared. And if you ever want your memories back... Pay me a visit." And she was gone.

"East huh?" He still felt the liquid sensation still even though he knew that the water was no longer there. He frowned as he trekked east now. He had marked the coordinates of the lake as his interest in his memories perked. What would he see going east? The path was not clearly worn like the previous ones so it was safe to assume this was the path less traveled. His eyes eyes would glance at everything around reassuring himself that the area was not plagued with creatures waiting to sink their fangs into his body. It was nearing late morning since he first made his attempt at this. Time was moving faster than he had anticipated. Searching for people seemed to pass time when it was urgent. Due east, he managed to see what seemed to be a relatively small village. It was normal as far as the eye could make out but as he kept getting closer, where was everyone? 

"A wild goose chase?" He frowned slightly wondering if he had been lead astray. It was when he noticed things moving on their own. A ghost village? Did he actually step inside a ghost's domain? He was ready to be attacked but it seemed like the only thing happening were daily activities like moving laundry or getting well water. "Hello?" Something bumped him when he spoke those words. He turned around in a circle looking to see what or who had brushed him.  

"Welcome to the village. We don't have many guests here but.. as you can see... or well you can't.. we are invisible." 

He was bewildered for a moment at the thought of a village completely existing with people who weren't there to the naked eye. So this is what she meant to be prepared. " I was wondering if there was someone I could talk to. I'm searching for missing people." "Please follow me. I can take you to the village chief." This was trippy to him as he watched dust foot prints appear and followed them cautiously.

His footsteps moved quietly toward the largest house within the area of the village. He stood within the home after following the footsteps of what he assumed was a young woman. There was no telling because he couldn't see what or who he was talking to. He cleared his throat a bit being nervous. 

"Don't be nervous son.."An older voice seemed to emerge and calm him down as the voice belonged to an older male. "Come come. Let us have some tea." The young man moved toward an empty chair and watched in awe at the tea being poured for him in a nice little clay cup. He was sure Haine would enjoy saying how cute the cup was. He gratefully took the cup and took a sip. It was nice and hot as he was reminded about the tea parties at home. "So... The obvious question. Why can't I see you?" " Oh. That is easy. You can't see us during the day. " The old mans laugh was unmistakable as he sipped with the young man with the floating tea cup."And now my turn. What brings you to our humble village? We rarely get visitors as there are no signs that lead here."

He began from the beginning about the search an the whisking of souls."That is about it.. I'm on the search for someone. I don't want her to take her because I don't want her heart to shatter.." Was he sheltering her? Yes. But only for this impact for now. He wanted to do the ground work even if it meant nothing was found. Nothing was better finding out they were dead. He knew if that was the result, he wouldn't be able to comfort her and that would break him. 

"My boy...Perhaps you should look a bit closer to your heart. Perhaps she may need to accept. Or perhaps she should be venturing the journey."

His words weighed heavy on the young mans shoulders. He just wanted a little bit more time.

"Oh my dear young man. Do not let it get to you so much. I was simply referring to perhaps you should allow her to get the closure she may need. There is not question to your faith to her." The elder spoke to him. "My name is Qulano. This village isn't as mysterious as people make it seem." So what was that warning that the sprite gave him? If they weren't dangerous, why did she say prepare himself? He looked around and the sensation that the two weren't alone gave him flags.

"I understand your words, Elder Qulano." He looked over at the tea cup making an image of him there. "But may I ask if we are alone? It just seems there are more eyes than yours." The dust on the floor was settled and he was careful to make sure that he wasn't going to be surrounded. A frown spread across his face as he heard the voice of one other. " Very intuitive of you. But we simply cannot leave the elder in the presence of a young man yourself. We wish you no harm."

He set the cup down and nodded. "Perhaps I have worn out my welcome then? I will take my leave since you have no answers to where some people have of gone off." The welcome seemed a little bit more tense than before. He stood up and made his way to the exit. "Thank you for the tea." The young man exited the area and moved to where he had originally came from. He was going to give that sprite a good talking to for wasting his time. 

"Perhaps they weren't whisked away. Perhaps they just don't want to be found. Have you thought of that?" The elder spoke following the young man. Amber eyes widened a bit before turning to look at the elder. Perhaps they just left. The world was hard. The world was gone and perhaps it was just as simple of an answer.. They left to not be found. For the first time, he was unable to say anything to rebuttal the concept.

The words had struck him so hard. It was so close to home as he felt something resonate inside him. His heart hurt feeling the anguish and thought of wanting to disappear. It was exactly how he wanted to be so many years ago. He wanted to disappear and vanish from t"he world since the tragedy had begun. So many people had already perished from battles, committed suicide, PKed, and it was all too much for his brain back then. He had the luxury of missing so many years in the blink of an eye and all those people like Raidou and Lessa stayed behind to pick up the slack. His heart broke instantly. He clutched his heart and he closed his eyes. 

"Why don't you rest for awhile here. You could even stay the night if you'd like son. " He had almost forgotten that the man was behind him. He turned around to the man and was about to speak but was struck hard. He could see him along with the other villagers. What had happened in those mere seconds that had passed by that allowed him to see the man before him now as opposed to the seconds before where the village seemed abandoned? 

People were everywhere. It was bustling like it was the afternoon rush. How and why? " I can't stay.. I have something.. to do." He was in awe still at the fellow people seemed to pass him. Something what was that something? His thoughts seemed to clash as the blue haired beauty was being stripped away from his mind. 

"Be prepared." 

Why was here there? Who was he searching for? Why was he searching for anyone? But the sprite had mentioned him to be prepared. What was he supposed to prepare for? He looked at the elder as his headache started to subside. "What was I here for?" He questioned his well being as he watched the people. The distracting people caused further delay as well diminishing his senses. 

"You can stay as long as you like son. We welcome you to our village." The village elder's words disorientated him. "You don't need to stress so much finding someone. You can rest your weary head here." 

He seemed to lean against a building trying to get his bearings. "I see. I guess I can wait a little bit here and go back to searching for someone." Searching for someone. Searching for who? I love you.  He felt the words wash over him as he blinked. Haine. He was here for Haine. With another blink, the bustling stopped. There was no one again and the presence of people disappeared. He walked down the path again away from the village going back toward the lake. He would question her more but it seemed that he had an answer for why there wasn't a trace of a quest of something that would lead to someone. When he kept walking, he passed over dozens of unmarked graves. The grave of the village elder quite distinguished reading Here lies Qulano the Village Elder. It was indeed a ghost town.

He trekked back up the hillside that was more time consuming that he had anticipated. Eyes looked up at the distance and the lake was in view. It would take him an additional twenty minutes of so to get there. The elevation was bothering him as he took bigger breathes than before. His muscles ached as he was going to make the lake a pit stop since the main city was due north. He had already spent too much time on this floor and wanted to :"head back before the darkness brought unwanted creatures. 

Those minutes passed and his legs were on fire. He squatted down by the lake and drank from his bottle of water. Eyes would glance over looking for the sprite but nothing seemed to appear to him. He let out a sigh and groan as he added pressure to his thigh where the burning was to relax the muscle. "Damn. That was a long time." He looked over at the lake again only to come face to face with the sprite. It was looking at him with  the face of Raidou now.

"Holy mother!" He rolled away in an instant at the look."Really?!"

The sprite laughed in a different voice than Raidou's."You made it back. I see you weren't trapped there." 

He simply nodded as he sat back down. "The place was interesting. I did get a little information. But nothing solid." He looked at the sprite and shook his head. "So thank you. I appreciate the direction that you gave me." He looked at the sprite. "Any more information you want to provide me?"

"No but it looks like you found something a bit more than just your answer. " The sprite grinned at him. " You should perhaps head home. Tell her you love her. Fleeting moments should not be waste. Besides you should consider yourself lucky for surviving that village. It makes people stay til they become invisible. " 

"I'm going to rest here for a little bit. Sorry for the intrusion..." He spoke like he ignored its words. He hadn't of course but he was trying to ready himself for the trip back home. 

He finally hopped up to his feet and looked at the Sprite. "I learned a lot today. More than I wanted to but nonetheless it was breathtaking. " His eyes looked at the lake again. It was so clear and perfect that it seemed strange that the sprite lived there all by itself. " Before I leave, is there just one of you? Is there any wild life in there? "He peered into the water but didn't wish to touch it. That was usually a sign of disrespect if anyone touched anything that was not their own. There was no direct answer. There was just movement in the water that he could spy.

The water rippled and he soon saw the wildlife that lived within the lake. It dawned upon him. No one would disturb a lake that looked dead. The fish moved rather beautifully as he stared in wonder. He looked around again and hoped to see the sprite. It was only to thank them for allowing him to see a blessing. "I guess that's my cue to leave" He looked once more before heading south to the city again.

ripple.gif.4e5eeccb14c4ae1afb07555f3a034658.gif

His thoughts were to himself as he started to pass by people. His mind was elsewhere while walking to which he thought was back to the gate to go back home. The landscape seemed to change and he blinked looking at his own surroundings again. This was not the way back to the gate. In fact, this was to the west of the lake he had originally started off. He turned his head looking around and spotted the lake. There was no way he made a mistake as he walked back to the lake once more. He was thinking about how he would approach Haine about the situation. There was doubt that filled his mind that his words would offer her any type of solace.

It happened again. He passed by the same people and stopped abruptly."Did we just pass each other?" He looked at the people that seemed to heading toward the lake. 

The two shook their head with confusion with the unprovoked question."We are headed back to the city. If you keep going west, you'll keep heading to a dungeon."

A dungeon? That is not what he wanted to do. A sigh and he looked at the couple and spoke to them." Would it be okay if I traveled with you? I would rather have company. " After the agreement,  he followed them thoughtlessly now. His mind was how they were going to the lake and back to the city. It wasn't before long he noticed it. The sky seemed to brighten again and he was at the same position as before heading west instead of south.

"Tch. You figured us out. It seems you have a little bit of doubt.. and that is why we are still here. "The couple smiled at him.

Today was one hell of a day for him. From being trapped by a water sprite to being almost assimilated into a ghost society. He was not having great luck it seemed. His eyes peered back and forth at the two while speaking. "Well I saw you twice and it took me to realize that why am I the only one affected. My reasoning was I wasn't the only one and that you two should be as well. You didn't react so I had assumed two things. 1. You were not real or being controlled. 2. You were the one behind this. " He would tilt his head looking at the couple. 

"Looks like you are smarter than you look for someone who has doubt that is oozing from every part of his body." The female human spoke to him. The male would snap its fingers and outside frame would shatter to dust  the bodies made of rock. "This is what we really look like."

They were earth sprites. They adapted to human looks with ease and always asserted themselves in the society because it was that easy to mess with them. Or that was what the lore depicted. This was the closest he had been to any of these mystical creatures. "And so.. you decided to mess with me why? I have doubt?" He didn't have time for this as he made way back to the lake. "I'd like to go home thank you."

"Don't be too hasty. We just wanted to talk. Word is you are looking for people. We hear everything. Maybe we can help you? Or maybe its something else you doubt?" 

He was doubting his situation to be fortunate but he decided to sit down on a rock and look at them."So you think I have doubt... And tell me how you'll fix that?"

The silence was consuming to him as the sprites sat in front of him floating. It was strange to be around fabled creatures without actually fighting them.He would take care to ensure himself that he wouldn't jeopardize his situation any further as he did not wish for this to end in incident. Amber eyes scanned them and them and the area looking to see if he could just leave. "If you can sense doubt, then you have an idea of what I am worried about. "A slight frown formed on his face as he studied their forms. He shook his head slightly waiting for an answer.

"You believe.. you aren't good enough. Its that simple. Its written all of your face. Your posture, your movements, and even your words are saying you aren't good enough for her. Like she could do so much better." The female sprite laughed as it was trying to keep the nature light. Of course this was just torture for the man. The female sprite grinned sheepishly. "Humans can't communicate very well with their feelings. Eventually, they leave each other. Is that what you want?"

He grit his teeth instantly. He was going to hate these sprites by the end of the day. He just wanted to go home. There was truth though. How could he be better for her.. or for himself. "Do you have an almighty answer?" He retorted while shifting his weight a bit to get comfortable. This would take awhile 

More silence. He stood up frustrated as he stared the two."Yes. I have doubt that I am good enough for her. I feel like I have taken on a monumental task that I'm not prepared for. I feel like shes too good for me!" He shouted at the top of his lungs at the two. They managed to dig into his skin and he was now being lured into showing how humans really work. His amber eyes flared with intensity with anger and guilt racked him. "I didn't tell.. her.. I'm no good anymore." He begrudgingly answered. He looked down and spoke softly. "I'm damaged. Extremely damaged. "He quoted the water sprite. 
"So what are you gonna do about it human boy?" The male sprite spun in the air and around his head it floated. "Sulk? Run away? We like to know because we like things like this. Entertainment."
So this was their source of entertainment. A humans misery. Then again it was unfair to justify that all sprites were like this. He huffed standing up and spoke to the duo. "Do as I have always done.  I will remain at her side til she tells me me to leave. Because I love her that I'd be willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy." 

It was then a whirlwind of dust filled the air causing the two little mischievous sprites to disappear from their spot.

The dust settled and the two little sprites were replaced by a large golem like sprite. He stared at the creature and was ready to fight before noticing that the two sprites were dangling from his hand." Did I miss something.." He looked at the situation quizzically. He perked a brow before being answered. 

"Forgive these little ones.. they mean no harm. I came since I felt strong magic. Didn't think I would have to suspect my grand kids." The elder like earth sprite stared at the young man and floated around him. "What they say is true though. However, it does not justify for them to make you repeat your actions over and over gain. I will punish them accordingly."

"O..Oh okay." He was confused as ever as he watched the three moving about. This was just them having a strange type of fun and torture at the same time. He did, however, admit how much he doubted he was worthy of her. That made him feel better but in the end, he knew that he had to confront it all. 

He gave a slight sigh before he watched the sprites disappear into the distance. This day was filled with all sorts of terror for him as he grumbled. "Too many creatures that I don't know make me upset. "He muttered as he made his way back to the lake. He had to make it back to the lake and go back to the city to go back home. The day was winding down and he was sure that Haine would not be happy if he was late. Amber eyes looked at the water sprites that danced back and forth before he noticed the actual one that had been speaking with him before.

"How were the earth sprites? They love to trick people but they also have their own ways to make people realize their own faults" He didn't have much to say to the sprite as he stood there looking at the beauty of it. "While I may be filled with doubt, I also have to understand that no one is perfect. I can be damaged.. but I am  working my way through life with who I have. So I have to deal with me being imperfect. So long as she is happy, I can live with that."
"Good job.. You'll do just fine. Just remember if you want me to fix your memories, I will be here"
He started his way back to the city. It was about time to make dinner soon but his head was filled with so many things.

The city was within his range now as he started to notice the people coming back. He looked at the man who he had passed earlier in the day with the information. He was still at the same old spot. His eyes narrowed on him a bit more as he seemed a bit more translucent as the sun started to go down. Was he always see through? Then the thought hit him. Was he apart of the town he had gone to earlier? Was he set up for a round about trip ? The more and more he thought about the situation, the more he got angry. He turned to confront the man and wouldn't you know it? He was gone. The NPC had disappeared just like that into thin air. He grumbled as he flicked open his HUD and sent a message to Haine. 

Hey  I'm gonna try something new tonight. It should be done in an hour. 

Love Kiluia

He reached the gate crystal and set it on floor 6. He would have to make it home soon to meet with her. He had to settle his thoughts once and for all and present her the findings he had discovered. 

Thread Complete
1 SP for completion 1 SP for Event
400 Col
2 SP total gained.