[PP-F5] Return to the Bloody Sands <<Bloodstained Land>>

Nathan gave a slight shrug to the paladin as she mentioned keeping him late, "No, I have no other obligations. But swinging this sword with little results is a little aggravating." Nathan gritted his teeth and tightened his grip on his sword, whispering to Bloodletter, "I have to become much stronger and faster if I'm going to get back to the front lines." As Nathan said this, the Terra Firma made its turn towards the paladin and Nathan watched as Yuki readied her counterattack. Nathan began to dash forward, Bloodletter beginning to glow brightly as he tried to catch the beast in the side as it made its attack on the stationary paladin.

Spoiler

image.png.f75d3d2597c95b758bbdb6eb53805c00.png

[18]Zajčica | HP: 1167/1350 (+67) | EN: 73/114 -(5)+3 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | PARRY
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 36/42 (-2+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 77/650  | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0

Nathan leapt into the air as he closed the distance between him and the beast, a mere few meters between them. However, the Terra Firma diverted its path at the last moment, turning away from Yuki’s ready blade and away from him. Nathan’s eyes widened as the space that was once boss became sand and he crashed into the earth, turning the fall into a roll that left him in a crouched stance. Nathan rubbed his head and stood back up, turning to the Paladin. “Damned thing will not just die!”

Edited by Creius

The boss monster had to have known by now that it was going to die if it made another attack against her. It came back in for another attack, Yuki pulled her blade out and attempted to make another attack at it, only to have it swerve off its path once more and avoid her attack, taking no action to attack her either. The paladin herself was obviously pissed. Annoyance welled in her brow as her eyes stayed locked on the overgrown shrew of a beast.

"OI!" She yelled at the thing. "I'm going to come over there and pull you out of the damn sand if you don't come here you little shit! It's time to end this already!" The girl screamed at it, as if it could understand her. She cursed under her breath in her native language, hoping that her ally wouldn't hear that part of her groans at least. 

image.png

[18]Zajčica | HP: 1244/1350 (+67) | EN: 72/114 -(2+1) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | PARRY
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 36/42 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 77/650 | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0

Nathan kept his eyes locked on the large beast as it swam around in the sand. It's movements were slower, more considerate, as though it were trying to evaluate a tactic within its system restrictions to come out victorious in this fight. But its now largely depleted health bar was telling, this fight would only end one way. How long this fight got dragged out was definitely up to the boss, however, since neither Nathan nor Yuki seemed to possessed the raw strength to inflict significant damage.

Spoiler

image.png.f43b17c79dda28c608eca5449751ea56.png 

[18]Zajčica | HP: 1244/1350 | EN: 72/114  | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | PARRY
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 35/42 (-2+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 77/650 | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0

As the Terra Firma made its lazy way towards the two of them, Nathan once again activated his Crucifixion sword art, ready to unleash a flurry of blows on the beast. As the beast got close, Nathan leapt forward once more, Bloodletter singing for blood only to be disappointed once more as the sword art fizzled out in the air while the beast once again turned tail away from the party.

Edited by Creius

Enraged by the Terra's unwillingness to attack her, Yuki marches towards it this time, instead of waiting for it to come to her. It shifts in the sand, circling her for a moment. "You're coming out of there." She yelled as she punched into the sand, grabbing hold of the massive beast with her off hand and pulling it right out of the ground. The beast makes some whining groan in response. "Hit me or I'll beat the shit outta you here until that health hits zero!"

The paladin was pretty annoyed at this point. She would really need to invest in a damage weapon soon, that was why she had her spear on deck, but without a proper level in the skill, she would never see use for it. The Terra let out a growl, now angry that it was forced from its home and it swiped across her chest. The moment it did so , it exploded into crystals. Yuki checked her inventory and found the scale that she needed. Good.

"Gomen. That took way longer than it should have." She apologized scratching the back of her head and giving Creius a smile.

image.png

[18]Zajčica | HP: 1228/1350 | EN: 65/114  | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | PARRY
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 35/42 (-2+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 0/650 | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0

Nathan watched as the paladin angrily forced the large beast out of its sandy home, causing the sand shark to attack the paladin. Just as the land hit, Nathan saw its health bar plummet as the thorns effect on the plate armor proced, the last sliver of health being depleted. Nathan let out a sigh of relief as the field boss shattered into the shimmering pixels that represented death in this game, they were finally done with that tiresome fight. Bloodletter slipped quietly back into its sheathe as Yuki checked her inventory, likely for the last hit reward from the quest. A few windows came up in Nathan's face, indicating he had gained another level, carrying him to level twenty-two. Nathan looked up to the paladin as she apologized for the length of the quest and shook his head. "I am sorry I could not do more to aid you and we had to just wait for you to be hit." Nathan gave a small bow, "I appreciate your aid in making me stronger. I am one step closer now." Nathan looked over to the horizon, back towards where Fortaleza lay. "Shall we head back to town together or part ways here?"

"You did everything that was expected of you. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll become a great player. I felt the same way as you when I was your level and it made it hard to cope with being so weak. The thing is, that you're as strong as you can be right now and you shouldn't apologize for being drug through a higher level quest. There's no shame in being carried, that doesn't make you weak." Yuki began to pace through the sand to make her way back to the town of Fortaleza. The walk between here and there was rather short, so it wouldn't be much longer.

"Thank you for accompanying me though. My usual damage partner was busy today, so I was glad I could help someone with getting stronger today. If you ever need a tank, you can always shoot me a message. If I'm free, I'll come right over, otherwise we can make plans to tackle anything that stands in your way."

Nathan followed step next to the paladin as they started to head back to the town. "There is no shame in being carried, I agree. However, I will not let that curb my desire to become stronger and not have to completely rely on others strength. I know I did all I could at my current state, and I am going to keep working to become stronger." Nathan looked up at the unforgiving desert sun above them, it having settled past the midday point in the sky. "There is a lot more work to do in this game and I am going to contribute to getting us out." Nathan looked over to the paladin. "One day we will meet on the front lines, I am sure. And when we meet there, I could act as your DPS if you ever need one. For now, I have a lot of training in front of me. I will remember to reach out to you if I ever need a tank again. Though, I hope we are on a bit more equal footing then."

"No need to take yourself too fast. Go at your own pace. I admit that I did only take A few months to level myself to front line level, but that doesn't mean you should pressure yourself with it either. I am about as tired as anyone could be with the pace I've progressed, yet I still feel a sense of duty. This boss has been reported to be one of a stature that threatens the strength in our strongest. We will need to be extra cautious, and look to hope just a little bit to come out of this fight on top without needing to teleport out of there." She explains, somewhat trailing off on her thoughts about the upcoming boss fight. She was the weakest tank on the front lines, but that didn't mean she was a push over.

"If we meet on the front lines, we will gladly accept you. We need all the people we can get. Less than 10,000 people living in this game and we are around thirty strong in the front. Yet somehow, we come out on top. Imagine how far we would be if everyone had the bravery to be at the front."

Nathan listened as Yuki let out her worries of the front line, wondering just how strong this boss had to be to threaten the fighters on the front. They were renown for their extreme strength and drive to finish the game. Even with all that strength and push to finish the game, only twenty-four floors had been cleared thus far and the twenty-fifth floor boss sounded like it would be a real challenge for them. "Those of you on the front line are certainly admirable for your strength and endurance. Everyone on the lower floors talks about your progress, wondering how the fight is going. Many aspire to aid you in some way, even if its just in supplies. The skill gap between you and them grows every day, though, which does result in fewer people making it to the front lines." Nathan gave a slight shrug. "I am not afraid of death or lack the bravery to be at the front, I just lack the strength right now. I will get to the front lines soon enough and add myself to your numbers. I just need to find the best way to train my skills. I hope I can match your pace and be at the front in a few months time so I can help out. Likely not with the current floor, but not too many from now."