Player Request Board Tutorial

Hello Aincrad!

system-world-village.jpg

I am pleased to reveal to you the new and improved Player Request Board. It's been a while since we updated this section of of the website, and given recent changes to other sections of the website and some activity we've been made aware of, it's long overdue. I don't want you to worry - though these changes may seem a bit stiff at first, we believe that they will provide an extra layer of immersion to interactions between players, as well as close off some loopholes that have developed. Without further adieu, let's get into the meat of it.

The new conventions for the Player Request Board (referred to as PRB herein) are fairly straightforward, and return the sub-forum to its roots. This space will now be regarded as a simple bulletin board, with some basic rules to ensure that transactions here can be carried out in an orderly and fashionable manner. When using the PRB, please keep the following things in mind.

• The PRB is essentially a bulletin board, and should be treated as such. Please keep this in mind during your interactions, and conduct communication and verbiage as such. Your thread should read as though it is an actual listing on a bulletin board.
  • Despite being considered an "in-character" section of the website, the PRB is not subject to any word count minimum.
  • There are no SP or col rewards available for page completion within the PRB.
  • The PRB is accessible on any floor, but only within their main settlements. Accessing the PRB on Floor 1 will produce the same results as accessing the PRB on Floor 20, or any other floor.
  • Each thread should pertain to the subject of the thread. One thread should not be used for multiple transactions.
  • All transactions involving standard items (read: items that can be crafted) are forbidden within the PRB. For transactions involving standard items, please refer to the Merchants and Shops sub-forum.
  • Non-standard items, such as quest drops, boss drops, event-specific items, Demonics, and equipment with Unique Enhancements may still be sold, bartered, or traded here. 
  • In addition to item transactions, feel free to use this as a space to request or offer help or services. Postings such as "DPS for Hire" or "Tank Needed for Lich King Raid" are perfectly fine. Feel free to get creative with it - not all endeavors must be strictly combat or quest related.
  • When creating a posting, there is a basic format for how to title your thread. If you are requesting a good or service, please include [Request] at the beginning of the thread title (much like you would declare a floor number and the type of party at the beginning of a standard in-character thread). If you are putting up an offer, please include [Offering] at the beginning of the thread title.

And that's it! How you structure your posting in terms of verbiage, aesthetic, or anything else is completely within your creative control as the individual listing it. Below I have included a few basic examples of how one might structure one of these listings.

Thread Title: [Offering] T3 Rapier (ACC/ACC/Fallen)
Thread Body: I no longer need this rapier, so make me an offer. Here are the item details.

Thread Title: [Request] Need a Scout for Dungeon Crawling
Thread Body: Our party is composed of a T3 tank, a T2 DPS, and a T2 medic. We need a scout to help us find sub-dungeons and explore them. Experience with picking chest locks is a plus.

Thread Title: [Request] T3 2HSS With an Envenom Enhancement
Thread Body: I've looked everywhere, but can't find what I'm looking for. Willing to pay handsomely for a T3 2HSS with at least one slot of Envenom. ACC Enhancements are a plus. If you have something, reach out to me and we can discuss payment.

Thread Title: [Offering] Let Me Tank For You
Thread Body: Just got some new equipment and skills, but my usual party is busy. Looking for someone who can deal some damage that wouldn't mind pairing up so I can test out my new kit. No payment necessary - I just want to practice.

Hopefully this has given you a bit of insight as to what we would like to see happening in this sub-forum. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to a member of staff. We will be more than happy to assist you with whatever quandaries you happen upon. Thank you all in advance for helping us usher in this new system!