[PP-F?] Meeting New Friends Chapter 1 [Complete]

I walk down the path in the market humming my favorite songs. I make a right turn in the alley way as a short cut. Two men and a woman stand over the top of a boy, threatening him. I had already walked into this path so there was no turning back. Hey what are you doing?! Leave him alone! When they turned their attention to me the little boy ran away down the alley crying. I half smiled and said I uh mean what are you doing on this fine day? Leave him alone and umm.....and walk with me! I said trying to cover up what I said. They weren't buying it though. They walked towards me, not talking, and I turned the corner and sprinted down the path into town. I weaved my way through the impossible crowd and lost them. I kept running until I smacked right into a boy, sending me on my butt.

I crumpled to the floor, the force given was immense. I fell back on my butt and rubbed my head. My vision blurred for a second and i couldnt see straight. When i opened my eyes and could see better i noticed it was a small girl.

Hey... i started to say Watch where you are going...next time

I stood up and walked over to her and offered my hand to her. I would gladly help her up, seeing now i had some questions that she needed to answer.

Why were you running to begin with anyway? i asked gently and waited for a reply

I grab his hand and allow him to help me up. I look around to see if they were still coming, but they weren't thankfully. Oh nothing just a little accident back there and.. I look at this boy for the first time. My brown eyes lock with his and I ask for his name. He seems to be annoyingly curious but I don't mind.

I locked my color confused eyes with her brown ones. The first time anyones really looked into my eyes before. The gith eye was a bright red with a scar running straight down the middle of it and my left eye was a deep purple and smooth as the rest of my face.

My name.... i started to say before looking behind me My name will have to wait, lets go

As i uttered my last statement i grabbed her wrist and ran off in a different direction than i had originally been fleeing in. There was no time to lose and if i didnt start moving they would catch up very soon

Hey! Wait where are we going?!!!!I half yelled at him. I see a blur of faces as we advance away from the town as my sword clangs against my pants. I try to pry his strong hand off my wrist but it won't budge. I decide to let my feet carry me with him and hope for the best.

As we got closer to the west side of the town i ducked us into an alleyway quickly and wrapped us up inside of my cloak and i watch as at least five men ran by the alley way. Just a few more moments and we'd be in the clear. I chuckled lowly as the last of the gentlemen ran by us. I let out a sigh of relief and well back uncovering the young girl inside my cloak. As i hit the ground i laughed gently just to make sure no one was within range to hear me.

That was pretty close... i said with a little bit of relief and happiness in my voice.

I'm surprised when we quickly, almost instantly, turn into an alley way. This boy wraps the cloak around us for about a minute or so, i don't say a word. When he unveils the cloak I look at him with a very confused look just before he gets on the ground and listens. What was that?! I say out of a mix of emotions. I didn't mean to sound angry but I think I may now have a bigger problem than that...

I looked at her. I continued to laugh for another moment or so and tried to calm down.

Im sorry you had to get caught up in that...i was being a bit of a bad boy, a troublemaker and those gents have been following me since the local bar. They called themselves a guild but they really werent, since even I know the guilds around here. i said calming down. I sat up to face her and my hood flew down causing my hair to fall down over my right eye.

Oh...hehe right, i forgot...my name is Ryujin...just call me Ryu...and what is your name lovely lady? i asked slightly flirtatiously.

This boy was absolutely no sense! I looked at him funny after he finally quit laughing like a maniac. I hesitated before giving my name. My name is Mayonaka, call me anything you like. I said. I ticked off some people today too, i guess that makes us twins! Now I was laughing like an insane psycho at my own bad joke that made no sense. I look at him after I stop laughing, He was attempting to flirt with me! This causes me to laugh even harder. It's not that i was laughing at him, i was laughing at his sudden changes of facial expressions.

I looked at her and started laughing with her. I hadnt had this good of a laugh in a long time.

I think ill just call you May i said...suddenly opening up my menu and sending her a friend request. It was the least i could do after what i had just put her through. I stood up and walked towards the edge of the alley.

Follow me...i wanna show you something i said offering, not sure if i should lead her and guide her by taking her hand, i stuck my hand out either way, not sure as to what she was going to do.

She took my hand...that was almost unsuspected. I walked with her to one of my favorite spots in this town. I called it the <> mostly because you could see the plains from here and it was a good place to watch the sunset and the sunrise, but also if someone threw you from it....well lets just say it wouldnt be pretty.

I wouldnt call you Mayo...thats just weird i said with a smile hoping she would be this nice all the time. Maybe i could get to know her, it couldnt be all that bad now could it?

I stood there watching the sun set with Ryu, still holding his hand. I closed my eyes and felt the cool air blow through my hair. The air smelled like wet grass from the artificial rain before. I look at Ryu then lay on the grass and stare at the sky. So what's you story? Ya know, why did you want to play this horror? I closed my eyes ans awaited his answer.

I couldnt believe i was still holding her hand. As we laid on the grass she asked me the one question i had never heard before.

The reason i wanted to play this game.....was to make friends i said to her to start with

I know it doesnt make much sense but back in the real world...believe it or not...im a reject...no one wants to be around me...nor did they ever want to say a word to me....in the end...i only ever wanted to make friends and this game...was the only other way i thought i could...and i did,...but then...it became a game of life and death in a world that is unfamiliar to me and my own eyes....i dont see this as such a bad place....i see it as opportunity and a way to almost...start over, ya know....but...why did you choose to play? i finished what i had to say and asked her the same question she asked me

I thought about my answer before I spoke.

Well you may believe it or not but I was quite popular at m school back home. I was a star athlete, my life was perfect. I guess you could say I got dared but this game looked really interesting. I thought of it as a way to interact with my friends online, but boy was I wrong about this one. Yeah I regretting saying <> after the scary announcements but now not so much. I have met so many amazing people in this game. After my speech I opened my eyes and stared at the stars.

I looked up at the stars. Once i realized my hand was still in hers i lifted it up to my face and kissed it gently then i laid them back down as we gazed at the stars i pointed out some of the fun constellations, as if i could name them all and give the reasons why they were in the sky.

Today was actually quite fun, thanks to you May...im glad you are my friend i said looking over at her and smiled. It been a while since i had some actual fun that didnt involve losing the ones i loved soon after

I noticed she had fallen asleep so i picked her up ever so gently and carried her back to my secret home. I carried her back to my alley way and carried her down into a cellar grate and into a pathway large enough to carry her through. As i walked i listened to her her mumble in her sleep about nonsense and i placed her down on my bed and i made room for myself on the floor. Once i made a place i laid my back against the wall. The room was barely lit, there were three candles, two on the corners of the door and one on the desk near my bed. I didnt bother to turn on any except the one by the bed. it was quiet and i had almost fallen asleep but i wasnt ready for it, not yet at least.

I wake up to no longer see stars but a ceiling. I didn't know if Ryu was awake or not but I didn't care. I left my jacket on his bed to let him know I was coming back as I pulled on my shoes and headed out. I closed the door quietly and steeped outside into an unfamiliar place. It was dark and I could barely see where I was going.

Then and there i woke up and was afraid she had left and that i would be alone again. I looked at the bed and realized she left her jacket here. I saw that as my signal to stay put and that she would be back. I sat on the bed and studied the jacket but there was nothing special about it. I laid back on the bed with the jacket over my body and i kinda just stared at my ceiling. This wasnt out of the ordinary for me to do this daily, but i waited for her to return, which i hoped would be soon.