OP-F1 "Moonlight Relaxation"

It's been a number of days since I first entered SAO. I've made many friends, but also have made an enemy or two along the way. The parallels between the real world and this world are becoming clearer and clearer the more I look. Loneliness, poverty, murder. They are all still present even in the digital world. I guess that's just the fault of humanity. Wherever we go, chaos and disorder will tend to follow in our footsteps. Feeling this intense weight on my shoulders, I decide it may be nice to get out of the city and see some fresh sights. I think i'll try to find a swimming hole in the moonlight. I've always loved swimming. Day or night I would always find some way to swim in the real world if I was in the mood. I set off past the gates to find myself a good time!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a solo player off over there. I better see what's wrong. But first...

Reu delivered the killing strike on a boar. Moving towards the solo player, he was being extra-cautious. A player out getting some late-night hunting wasn't TOO unusual, but then again, neither was a group of bandits luring that same player into a trap. Still, this player could be in danger, it's at-least worth looking into. I don't think my odds of being attacked by Bandits are too high right now.

Reu approached the solo player, wanting to make himself known before getting too close. He shouted out, "HAIL! What brings you out here?"

g84dsOr.png

Leaving the entrance of Starter City, Syo finds himself scanning the fields full of Frenzy Boars. What is there to do at this time of day? Maybe I'm good enough to advance to the second floor. Bah. There's nothing to do. He starts to scratch his head in confusion and finds another player training on a boar. Syo creeps over to a boulder not far from that player and watches the player battle the boar.

Syo watches as a player finish off a boar and heads towards the direction of a player. Quickly, Syo stood up and readies to equip his sword. Is he going to attack that player? He doesn't seem to look like a high leveled player, but then again, you can't judge a book by its cover. he thinks to himself, as he gets off the boulder and heads towards the players.

After exiting the gates of the city. I began wandering towards the forest. â€‹I'll have to be a little careful out here. No telling what is hiding out there. Still, it's only the first floor. I stop in my tracks to the sound of "Hail!". I look over to see a rather large player heading towards me. Oh lord I hope hes not a friend of that guy I fought in the alley a few days ago. "Hello my friend! Lovely night we have tonight. The moon is full and the stars shine fortune above us both!" Let's see if he is one of those PKers

"Yes, stranger I agree. It's a beautiful night tonight."

In fact, as the words escaped his mouth Reu let his eyes settle on the skies above. It was a dark out, and yet the sky itself was full of stars illuminating the world around him. More stars then Reu had ever seen in his entire life actually. Just think, if he hadn't said that; I would have NEVER noticed.

"As nice as tonight is, I'm sure you're not just out for a stroll. You do know this area isn't completely cleared of enemies yet? I myself was actually just over that hill-top clearing boars. Tell me, do you require assistance, or were you travelling somewhere?"

Finally, he decided to make a showing of good faith. Everything seemed fine, and so after posing his question, he sheathed his weapon across his back.

339711-andrew-tallon-night-sky-pics.jpg

g84dsOr.png

Syo stops as one of the players sheathes his sword and he gives a grin towards the two players. It seems like I was mistaken this whole time, but this area is still not safe. he thinks, as he realizes the two were looking up in the skies. Syo takes a look at the sky as well and it seems like everything froze in time. "I-It's beautiful." he states, as he place his hands towards the sky. "A world like this is amazing.. It makes me question myself.. Should I stay?" he said, as he continues to gaze upon the sky.

"Haha well my friend I am looking for a good place for some late night fun! Maybe a moonlit run and a quick swim in a waterhole!" He sheathed his sword he means me no harm. I'm glad that that I keep meeting people of good character. I'd hate to spill player blood with my new blade. "I am well aware of the mobs, but don't worry about me, you are more than welcome to join me if you wish. We all need a little time off now and again. The names Xanatos. What pray tell, is your name?" I notice a young man staring up at the sky but decide to wait to bring it to this mans attention also.

"Well met Xanatos. I am Reusririasuir. You know what? I can't help think you're right. We do all need time off. Maybe I'll even show you how a foot race is really run." He smiled, and laughed.

"...However, we still shouldn't be careless should we friend?" Only Reu was not directing this at Xanatos, but had instead turned and directed his question to the hooded figure who had been behind him. "Come on out now, I was searching the area during my battle with the boars and I noticed you had been watching for quite a long time. I know you are still there, so identify yourself stranger. Friend or Foe? I warn you now, your answer will determine mine." Reu waited patiently for a reply. His tone wasn't being overly aggressive, but he wasn't going to be ignored either.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lurk." Came an unexpected voice as he stood up behind an outcropping of rocks.

"There aren't very many places you can see the sky at night here in Aincrad. Sometimes I get tired at looking up at the underside of a floor, so I come here to the edge of the first floor where you can see more than just the sliver of sky off to the side of the castle."

The man was far older than the majority of the players in the game, but his age was difficult to place due to the slightly too CGI skin and features. He was clad in a perfect set of white armor which seemed to catch what little natural light there was in the heavens and reflected it back out. Around his shoulders was a blue haori coming down to his knees where a white flame pattern grew up from the bottom. On his left hip was a katana with a black scabbard and a red wrapped handle.

"I am called Baldur." He bowed to the two players who had been conversing, "And I did not mean to interrupt."

81MQ2yz.png

Syo grins, as the two players notice him. He looks at the two player with his hands up in the air, "I mean no harm to you two. I'm merely entertaining myself." he states, he slowly creeps backwards. Wait.. I didn't think this through. If they think I'm a foe, I should get ready to engage or retreat back into the city. he thinks to himself, as he distance himself between the two players. Syo started becoming skeptical about other players ever since he was trapped in the game. Showing no weakness, he puts both his hands down and grins. "My name is Syo. It's nice to meet the two of you." he said, as he waves at the two.

The night was still young, but the tension between the three starts to rise. Syo has to act quick if anything were to go wrong, but he finds these two players intriguing and wouldn't hurt them, as they look harmless.

With the young man approaching, his striking confidence is felt instantly. He carries himself with such poise. Reminds me of a younger me! Dang, hard to think of those younger days. "Hello Syo! My name is Xanatos and this is Reusririasuir.  and Greetings Baldur! I see we are amassing quite the little group out here. Haha how would you all feel about some evening fun?  Reusririasuir and I were just about to take a run and maybe find a water hole to swim in!" Baldur looks quite experienced compared to us. It would be wise to learn whatever I can from him. 

Reu smiled. "Syo. Baldur. It's a pleasure to meet both of you. I think it's safe to say none of us mean any harm to each other. And what Xanatos says is true as-well. Are either of you thirsty? I have some spare water with me, or bread if you're hungry. Xanatos, whatever you decide for us to get into tonight will be fine by me."

81MQ2yz.png

The greetings from the two players were reassuring and it kept Syo from being aggravated. He looks over at the other player who appears before him, "It's very nice to meet the three of you. Also I'm good on water and food. Thank you for offering, Reu." he said, as he walks closer to the little group they have formed. There is always a time and place to stay around and chat, but this moment was better than no moments. Looks like I've made myself some companions. I just need to stand guard, just in case something unsuspecting happens. He smiles and asks, "So our game plan is to find somewhere for us to relax?"

These players were full of adventurous feelings and they don't seem scared. Even though this game could be the death of one of us, Syo will still take the chance to have fun, as much as possible.

Baldur nodded his head towards Reu, "You came into my shop just the other day, didn't you?" He couldn't remember what he had bought, but his face seemed familiar.

When they had mentioned wanting to go to a lake, Baldur reached up and tapped his chin. "Well, there are lots of lakes up on those flat topped mountain.... things... there's also a giant lake that takes up most of the west side of the first floor."

The lake was a major feature, but the view from one of the awkwardly shaped mountains was always superior. He loved how... fantastical... they were. There was nothing like them in the real world, and so they showed off the beauty of Aincrad splendidly. Plus the Town of Beginnings was more majestic when you looked down on it, rather than from inside of it where it was congested with the disenfranchised. 

"Hmmm the mountains huh? Well, with the moon and stars out, I think it's light enough for a nice hike. We will have to be extra careful. But I think it would be well worth the risk. between the four of us I'm sure we can handle any problem on this floor" This will be exciting, maybe i'll get to know these guys as we move up the mountains. "Baldur, you seem to know this area pretty well. Will you take the lead?" I just really want to swim haha and get there in one piece. Maybe these are people that I can trust. But trust is earned, not simply given away.

Baldur tried to smile reassuringly to the others. He could see that they were all still nervous; he was as well when he started meeting people on his own. Normally he had Tyger with him, but when you're off in the middle of the field by yourself and quickly growing outnumbered, then it can be nerve wracking. No one was being overly hostile, but then none of them had the safety net that Baldur had. When Xanatos asked for him to lead the way, Baldur nodded and gestured off towards one of the oddly shaped plateaus.

They were an add shape, and it had taken Baldur a long time to figure out how you were supposed to get up on top of one of them. He hoped it would be a novel experience for the lower leveled players.

"Don't worry, I doubt there's anything on this floor that I couldn't one-hit." He patted his trusty katana at his side. Those words were certainly true, given just the right circumstance he could one hit almost anything other than a field boss up to floor five or six.

SAO_environment_zpscrsgcdpq.png

At the end of a long and difficult hike, they finally made it to the top and looked out over much of the first floor. An even higher mountain... platform... thing... was above them with a small manor and a waterfall that flowed down from it onto the where they were. The platform was large enough to have a small forest and a couple of tiny islands dotting the lake that grew here before the water from it, too, flowed down onto the floor below them. Holding his hands out to either side as the got to the top, he gestured around them.

"So? What do you think?" He smiled to the group of characters. "From up here on these things you can almost see the entire floor."

He looked around the island. Where they were at was mostly beach, but off in the distance where the land narrowed, was a wooded area.

"Why don't you guys relax here, I'll go scout over there to make sure there's not anything lurking over there."

((probably the best graphical map of the first floor I've seen as far as how accurate it is))

xzPuNan.png

Wow. The sight of the first floor in the moonlight was amazing. It brought a great feeling to what I think is my heart. The lake shone brightly with the stars dancing on the water like ballerinas performing just for us. It's hard to believe that this is real to us....almost makes me want to stay here forever. I sit down on a nearby boulder and start to sing..."How fickle my heart and how whoozy my eyes, I struggle to find any truth in your lies....awake my soul...awake my soul.." I always sing when i feel that I'm in life's most beautiful moments. But beauty comes in many forms. In this case, happy or sad.

81MQ2yz.png

The group of players hiked their ways to the top and Syo runs over and finds a comfortable spot to lay down and rest. "That wa-was.. the longest hike I've ever did in my entire life." he states, as he breathes heavily. Baldur heads out to check if they were anything lurking around the surround areas and Syo decides to jump back on his feet. "You guys enjoy yourselves! I need to take a look around as well." he states, as he runs into the forest in the opposite direction of Baldur. Syo looks back one more time and smiles, "Stay safe, you two." he said.

Dashing deep into the forest, Syo spots a couple of Frenzy Boars idling around the area. "They won't be causing us any trouble tonight." he said, as he walks back towards the two players he left. Syo could hear Xanatos singing, but make out what he's singing about. Syo leans behind the tree with his back against it and continues to listen to what he's singing. There's always a surprise every time I meet someone new, he thinks, but shakes the thought out and continue to hear what Xanatos is singing.

Reu took a seat at the edge of the precipice. Behind him, he could hear Xanatos singing while Syo also got up and ran off. Reu didn't care, not right now. Right now he just stared off in the distance and let his mind blank out. There wasn't much too worry about in this area, so let the others take care of it. Right now Reu just wanted to find some peace of mind. Even he didn't realize how hard he had been working since this game began.

Slowly his senses came back to him. "...Hey Xanatos..."

"That's a really nice song."

"..."

"Do you want to know something? The riria is silent. Most people go for Reu or Reus for short, because they try and say the whole thing and they garble it in their mouth...but it's actually just pronounced Reu-suir." He looked back at Xanatos and gave him a lop-sided smile and said with a wink, "Don't tell anyone."

"I have a big quest tomorrow, Floor 3 hunting a Minotaur. The party has already been formed, and I'm looking forward to it and the battle, but this right here; this is the piece of mind I had been looking for these past few weeks. Thanks for inviting me out with you Xanatos. I needed this to strengthen my resolve for the fights to come. ...What a view..."

"Haha, thank you Reu, your secret is safe with me. I'm not sure you're going to do great. Half of any battle requires heart and you have plenty of it. I have no doubt that you will succeed in this game as long as you keep your course true. We all need some relaxation every now and then to keep us sane. I'm glad that you are so headstrong in the face of adversity." I notice Syo leaning against the tree. "What do you fight for Syo? What drives you to stay alive in this game? Reu is stronger than most I've met, but not in brawn. But in resolve and character. I hope Syo is just as driven.