[PP-F1] A Brilliant Flame (Flints)

Damian felt terrible, he felt like this was the worst he could have done. He knew he should have kept things to himself but he couldn't help himself. This beautiful woman him had brought him to tears, he couldn't contain himself. He had to tell her everything. He had to tell her the truth. "okay..but you aren't going to like this" he leaned in closely to the woman and stared straight into her eyes. "Here me out" he sighed.

Flints groaned a bit at Isa and his constantly shifting emotions and the way he was going back and forth between chasing after her and pulling away. What game was he playing at? She continued to stare at him defiantly, and a small growl escaped her as he asked for her to hear him out. "Fine," she muttered, "But you have to let me off of this tree. Seriously, you need to learn some respect though. This isn't how you treat another person. Not that you have much of a chance at this point of impressing me, but I'll at least listen to what you have to say."

Isa looked away from her, her sharp tongue stung. "And why is it that you don't think I have a chance.." He let her from his grip and quickly sat down on the follege beneath them.  "We do know eachother, actually a lot more than you think, I've always admired your spunk, and your, heh, attitude" he said the last part dripping with sarcasm. "Just think about it a little!" Isa looked up at her and patted the ground next to him in hopes she would submit and sit beside him. 

Flints put her hands on her hips and looked down at him as he sat down in the dirt. He had said to look at her, and so she gave him a long, hard look. He looked familiar, but she couldn't really place from where. Finally, she shook her head, and said, "No, sorry. I have no idea." She stood back up and crossed her arms, still looking down at him motioning to his sitting position. After the way he had acted, she wasn't sure if she should trust him enough to sit next to him. He might just throw her into a rock.

Isa watched as the woman rejected his advances, and felt his heart drop. "Well then, I guess I wasn't all that great of a friend to you, my name is Damian. And despite what you remember we used to be a tad close...when we were young. I doubt that means anything to you here but I used to look up to you, you're incredibly beautiful and you still are very strong." He laughed and finally stopped trying to convince her to sit with him as he laid back and closed his eyes. "We used to spar together..." He opened one eye and looked up at the woman hoping she wouldn't reject him. 

Flints glared at Isa, her body froze but her heart raced. she wasn't she what he was getting at but the things Isa was saying resonated within her. "Why are you doing this..." she quickly charged up to him and swiftly kicked his side. "Why are you telling me these things? do you really think this would change anything, or make me be okay with all of this? you...this is a sick joke...you never would have treated me this way, you were taught better.." Flints was shaking now, she didn't know what to make of him. "You hated this sort of stuff..why would you be here if you hated it so much? why would you chase me here? if you are who you say you are you wouldn't have to chase me, but you wouldn't treat me this poorly. you...loved me.."  Flints clenched her fists tightly and bit her lip, anything to keep herself from falling apart. this was the last thing she needed to be hearing. especially from him.

Isa glanced up at her as he laid at her feet, the kick was painful but more so emotionally than physically. He starred blankly at the woman till finally he spoke, "maybe because the first chance I had to get to know you, wasn't a good one. If you had the power to have another beginning with someone, wouldn't you take it? When I saw that they released SAO I got a bad feeling, I knew you would be all over this, and something felt wrong about it. So I purchased it. Hoping to maybe keep an eye on you in here. But as I became more aware of how this death game worked, I didn't want to follow you, or watch you grow. Kita, I wanted to protect you. I wanted to be everything that-" he was cut off by a hard lump in his throat that he tried his best to swallow. He began to growl and fight it. "I wanted to take that stupid valiant knight of yours place. But I didn't get the chance to do that, he swooped in and did all the things that catch your attention. So I ended up making a complete fool of myself. for that I apologize. I felt like you wouldn't notice me any other way." He smiled meekly up at her hoping to shed light on their encounter, "wait. I've got it.." Isa quickly sat up and turned away from her then pulled his shirt off, his toned body finally free from clothing he stretched and flexed every muscle that was hidden beneath his clothes. He turned so his back was to her and waited for her reaction. He knew the long scar along his spine would rouse her memory. In more ways than one. He turned his head as best as he could to see her reaction. "Can I redeem my favor now?" He smiled warmly at her. 

Flints stared at Isamishi as he spoke, she grew more and more afraid of everything he said. As he took off his shirt she quickly looked away and scoffed. Only for her eyes to wonder back to him and see the mess that laid before her. Tears welled up in her eyes as she reached out but didn't get any closer to him. "I can't believe this..Isa.." She shook her head and quickly kicked his back hard and folded her arms across her chest angrily. "Why would you act such a fool Infront of everyone! You beast!" She hissed. She looked off into the forest and released her arms from beneath her chest and held one out to him. "Get up, Isamishi, if you're going to be around me at least do it the right way. And stop fighting with Endilix will you? I don't want to have to clean up the mess he makes of you!" She grinned at Isa who still laid on the floor, he was an interesting one, but hopefully things would settle soon. 

Isa stayed curled into a ball after the woman yet again abused him. He was seeing an every growing pattern here that he didn't approve of, but so long as she forgave him he didn't care what she did to him. He got up when she offered her hand and quickly took his place by her side. It felt right despite what was going on around them he felt like she was all he needed to keep his cool. "okay, well then let's get going, take me to your knight in shining armor" he spat, for now he had to get used to the idea of Endilix. But hopefully it wasn't for good.

• 2 weeks later...

Flints shook her head and massaged her temples at Isamishi's readiness. "I'm not taking you to see him, at least not with the way you behave! But we should probably get out of this forest and go to a shop or town to converse, I'm 100% less likely to kill you there!" She chuckled and walked off towards the city. she wasn't sure where it was located and didn't bother to pull up her map. This little adventure was worth having with him. To get to know him better at least, without having him trying to kick up embers at anyone else but her. She wondered around aimlessly till finally finding a path back to the City to take and sighed. All the current events in her "new" life where a tad overwhelming and when she tried her best to take a break from it something always came up. She turned back to Isamishi, not even sure if he was actually behind her. "So when we get into town, did you want to find a nice shop to bother with our company? I wouldn't mind sitting somewhere to talk..."

Damian followed Flints obediently. He knew she wanted to get out of the forest and it upset him that she didn't want to be alone with him. But then again, in this race he was far from winning. 

"Why not go to a bar or something. We can have drinks and talk, I think I know a good place to go! It's fairly quiet. Or are you hungry?" He figured it was best to give her another option incase she was uncomfortable with the first choice. He was ready to sit down with her and talk. They needed that. To talk without life getting in the way, without the guild breathing down his neck for his actions. He regretted nothing. But he knew he couldn't get away with something like Infront of Endilix.  Not again at least. 

flints sighed in relief at the sight of the City of Beginnings in the distance, she turned back to Isamishi and began to walk backwards so she could keep an eye on him. "well...a bar sounds nice..but then that means you'd have to pay for all the drinks from here on out!" she winked at him hoping to lighten up the mood a little. she wasn't sure what they were going to talk about but she felt that this was long over due. maybe it would be like when they were younger, always joking with each other. now that she thought about it he was so much different in game. he wasn't the sweet attentive kid she used to know. he wasn't the boy who tried to save her, he wasn't the kid that made sure she made it home okay despite his families wishes.This world had changed him. That worried Flints the most. maybe these were his true colors that she chose to ignore when she was little. she doubt the boy could be so bold. 

"Listen. When we get back to town, and to the bar, tell me everything. even the things you don't want me to know. tell me everything I've missed. Most importantly...tell me why you're acting differently towards me."

Damian raised an eyebrow at the woman's sudden change in attitude. How she wanted to get to know him after leaving him and everyone else behind. He remembered vividly her picking up and pretending him and her other friends didn't exist only to return years later, he fell in love with her each time she returned to his life. Countless woman couldn't soothe the hole she left. He spent most of his childhood protecting her, for a wild spirit always left things in ruin. Her mouth tried to cash checks her wallet couldn't dream of holding. He chuckled at the thought of this little woman flailing about at other people and things, all in a daze of trying to prove herself. He remembered carrying her home when she trained too hard as a child. He flinched at the thoughts of having to protect her from his father. The man who refused to believe a woman could be so strong. He blamed her for Damian's weakness. At times like this he couldn't help but agree. He tried so hard to think he could forget her, but just as he started to their worlds became intertwined again and again. Each time more deadly. He watched as her small frame searched the forest for a path, he followed her reddish skin through the blurr of greens and browns that the follege provided. He couldn't help but wonder if he had found her sooner would things have been different. Before he knew it they were in town, Infront of a bar. It was almost night, he looked up at the woman, he had been watching her back the whole way but never noticed the change in scenery till now. 

"well it looks like we made it...lets find a quiet place to sit and I'll tell you all your heart desires, Mia. And if you want drinks we shall have some! Just don't blame me if you go to far...you could never handle your liquor." He teased knowing it was an outwright lie. She was the better of the bunch when it came to tolerance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Flints wondered throughout the bar, her eyes set on a booth of some sort, somewhere they can sit and be a tad closed off from the world, she didn't want onlookers to over hear them, she was just a nervous person so always assumed someone was paying far too much attention to her at some point. Flints gave a small satisfied sound when she found a booth and sat down, she pointed at the opposite side from where she sat. "Sit here." She called out to Isamishi. She waited for him before speaking again. "Where have you been all this time? Are you still in town? I hadnt seen you around. I was starting to think something had happened. I was worried for a long time before my mind finally fathomed that you were actually just living your life without me. Heh.." She looked down at the table and waited for the NPC bar maiden to approach them, she bounced over to their side and gave a flirtatious smile and touched Isa's arm gingerly. She sweetly asked if she could help them, paying far more attention to Isa. Flints looked over this little paper she handed them with a drink menu on it and ordered the strongest thing she could find and smirked at Isamishi. "Well now, my plan was that if you didn't want to tell me anything, I would force it out of you~" she cooed, pouring a glass of the spirits the other woman had quickly summoned. well. "Bottoms up Isa." She quickly downed the firey liquid, the burning filled her throat and singed her lips, she let a slow breath escape her nose before opening her lips again to breathe out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Damian looked at the woman in a curious manor, she was drinking and it wasn't too late in the day, but regardless he questioned it. He took into consideration all that she threw at him and gave her an exaggerated sigh. "I hope you know asking me all these things, isn't going to make it any better. But I guess since you asked nicely." He waved over the cute NPC again, who seems to have taken a liking to him. Her soft touch sent shivers up his spine and he began to think about the last time he was actually close to a woman, and not just for one night. He gave a smile to mask his thoughts and ordered a drink from her, he didn't really care what kind it was so long that it stung him and brought him back to reality. 

"Outside of Aincrad I had been living in Seattle. It's rainy and cold there, the coffee is great and they have a thriving music scene I think you would appreciate. It's an interesting place, and honestly I can see you settling down there. If you ever plan on doing that." He gave her a smirk. "You aren't really one for falling in love, so that's why I said ever. And to answer your next question, yes. I am in town." He met her eyes only briefly to try and gauge her reaction, her big green eyes staring straight into his soul. "And I don't know about thriving. More like surviving. But I got used to it, I have other friends you know, and they are great people. I just couldn't stop playing with fire." He took a drink of whatever he was given, it had slightly orange notes in it that he didn't complain too much about. Damian had a feeling the drink was going to make him even more thirsty. But it was his turn now, to get some answers from her and ask why she insisted on joining in on this deadly craze. 

"So what gave you the idiotic idea of joining in on this craze? You aren't one to jump into games you haven't already tried before. This is all new, at first I assumed you would have waited a few weeks before diving." His eyes softened at the idea of Kita's body lying limp on her couch or bed, weak from all the time she spent in the game, muscle wasting away till she was nothing but bones. He hoped someone had found her, he hoped she was moved to a hospital or was being watched over. The last thing he ever wanted was for her to be alone. Which made him remember exactly why he had gotten the nerve gear and SAO. "I knew you would be fine, in some way. But a part of me kept shouting that you were stupid enough to join the game as soon as possible, and crazy enough to get yourself killed." He gave a tired chuckle. "I mean you used to almost always risk way too much in the real world. Always thinking you were the most powerful thing on earth. You never take into account how...how you actually are.." He tensed at his confession. The thing they never spoke of. He knew his talk was costly and he quickly accepted his fate and picked up his rate of speech. "You've almost been killed at least twice outside of game, God knows what trouble you would have made in here, I know I'm not strong enough to protect you. And I don't plan on being someone to protect you. I know you'll either become strong enough, or find someone to keep you safe.." With that he felt his fist began to clench the glass at the thought of her and Endilix. The thought of her and anyone. It stung. It had been so long ago but the wounds she had left him always felt fresh each time he saw her. "Just don't get yourself killed. I've actually been thinking and..I'm certain I'm just going to live in a town. In an inn. And not fight the good fight but just stay close in hopes you don't die and when we make it out..I can find you..and make sure you are okay.." Damian drank the drink more and summoned the waitress and asked for another. He glanced at Kita who was sitting across from him, her eyes darted across the room, the sunlight peaked in just enough to grace her face and have her eyes shine brightly. Her soft features were mesmerizing, she usually kept her face screwed up in some sort of snarl or look of disdain. But today she was more relaxed. Her usual over analytical mind was probably at rest, which showed when she wasn't trying to be the big bad wolf, she had a gentle, feminine look to her face. The face of a woman you wanted to wake up next to for the rest of your life. His eyes traced over her warm skin and wondered about how much she had changed before giving a sigh, wondering if he was drunk in one way or another. 

Flints had ordered a taller glass of the drink she had guzzled down. The clear liquid seemed to have small sparkling flecks of something in it, and when she downed the liquid it left her mouth feeling as if it was coated in something soft, the odd combination of things made the drink oddly satisfying. She listened intently whilst swirling it around, she began to bristle as he spoke of what she was like. Here he was, doing that thing she hated, trying to figure her out like everyone else loves to try and do as well. She gave a loud outward snort. In a huff from what he was saying to her. 

"So you are telling me that you refuse to leave town? That you are just going to submit and let other people risk their lives for you? Without a care in the world? Pretending people aren't dying for you? Pretending someone's not out there doing this just so you could see the light of day again, to feel the warmth of the sun on your skin, to hold the people you love Close again." Flints started to choke on her words. "You selfish bastard!" She slammed her fist down hard enough on the table that it lit up with purple hexagons covering its surface. Upon closer inspection it had the words "immortal object" in the center of the hexagons. She was leaning over the table, her forehead pressed against his and her teeth bared at him. "What makes you think anything you just said was okay, Isamashii? " you don't deserve your namesake. Not anymore. She quickly paid for their drinks and stormed out. She refused to listen to anything else he had to say. "Brave? You are anything but." She scoffed. 

Edited by Flints

He watched the beautiful woman do what she did best. Blow up into this huge, firey plume, her anger ate the oxygen in the room and fueled itself into a great blaze. Flints stuck to her namesake. That was for sure. He sat calmly as she growled and hissed at him. For being. A coward. For not wanting to join her in battle, for refusing to progress in the game. If he had to admit it, he was afraid. He didn't want to die. He had always been afraid of the great unknown. 

"Kita wait, please." He rose from his seat and chased after the flame, he reached out and grabbed her hand right as they both stood out in the dark of the night. Her skin singed him in a way so shocking he almost pulled back in fear. He held onto the woman tightly, her delicate fingers held loosely. "Why would you say that...you know exactly why that's my namesake..and I'd say you being alive and scratch free is testament enough to it." He gave a sigh and released the woman. Worried she would harm him.  "Please understand..I'm scared to die. I'm not you Kita, I've never been good at this sort of thing, now having it be the thing that keeps me alive? No thanks. I'm not even strong enough to fight with my fists. Let alone kill something.." He looked down, his ice blue eyes becoming clouded with worry and doubt. "Kita I can't protect myself...and that scares me."

Flints was tired of hearing the mans excuses. If he only had excuses she was done with hearing him. As she stormed out of the building as quickly as she could to get away from him she could feel him like a shadow close behind her, before she could turn to strike him he grabbed her hand. She let out a deep low growl as he pulled on her hand. Who did he think he was? Although they knew eachother once, it meant nothing in Aincrad. She ripped her hand free from his grasp and made her hand into an open claw, as if her weapon was equipped and he was someone worth fighting. She stopped before she got carried away and sighed. 

"Please. Don't make anything harder than it should be. I expected more from you because hiding and cowering when someone challanges you, isn't you! You usually don't care. You don't fear anything. What's happened to you? Have you gotten soft as well?" She gave a little chuckle. She too had started to trust strangers more and more with her life everyday, instead of depending solely on herself for everything. "I can accompany you on quest to help you get more acquainted in using your fists in game? Would that make you feel braver?" She searched the area carefully then serched his eyes for maybe a glimmer of hope. She didn't want to give up on her old friend, no matter how terrible she treated him. 

They stood outside the bar, the low thrum of it picking up inside with more players filling it and the realistic buzzing and flickering of a light outside of the shop made Damian feel old. Feel like he was doing everything in vain, which, to be honest with himself, was all he really was doing; Chasing an old flame and hoping she was okay only to realize that last person she needed in Aincrad was him. The more he thought about it the more it stung. He squeezed her hand in his only to have her rip it away and hold it up high, as if she was going to bat at him quickly with her palm. He starred at her curiously, wondering why she did that. They were in a safe zone, the only thing her action would do was get across that he wasn't welcome in her eyes. 

Kita spoke truer words than anyone he had ever met. He had become weak, he was nothing like himself. His usual cool and calm self was replaced by a cowering fool who only wanted to be close to a woman who had other plans. When she mentioned accompanying him on a quest he felt his stomach began to squirm. "You'll help me? That's not like you..what's in it for you is what I should have asked." Isamashii looked down at his fists, small scars and permanatly suncken in knuckles proved that outside of Aincrad he had gotten into his far share of spats, just as she had.

Kita was one of his three partners that attended fights with him, they weren't a team but had all trained in the same space, they became acquainted that way and all knew eachother in an intimate way that only fighting eachother almost completely naked would cause. Damian closed his eyes tightly and thought about how he obtained most of his scars, the small, raised areas of skin that were deep pink looked more fearsome than what he remembered Kita's scars looked like, her warm honey skin tone caused her to scar in a light almost white tone. He gave a little chuckle. He nearly imagined her naked, not for impure reasons, but as a ploy to get away from what was happening before him, Their fighting. His mind traced over her frame that he had memorized. She was short statured, toned, not as much as he was but in her movements her muscles could be seen flexing beneath her thin skin. Bantamweight, or featherweight at most, he imagined the time she put on weight purely to fight male fighters. Isamashii quickly snapped out of his daze again, his reminiscing on their past and gave a huff. "I already know that here my fists do little damage, I admit to trying and punching a boar and having to flee for my life." He looked away from her, his cheeks pink from his confession. "So what you teach me how to use my fists then leave me for dead too?" He knew his words would sting. But she never held her tongue, so why should he?