1. 1. Deaths and Accounts

• 1 account for 1 character/player only
    • 1 account for multiple character/players
    • I'm for both

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed my vote as i have to agree with Sara that some of our idea's all run into the same snag, with 1 account/muti char's it will be harder to use the simple stuff to manage players (Guilds, levels, states ext) without having to jump back and forth between character sheets. So i see that it would be more practical to use this method and members will have to keep track of there login's, though we can suggest to start off with one and work your way up to more if you feel comfortable.

Also, we could simply change the username to match a new character name if your old one dies. Seen it done before and as far as i can remember, it never changes your initial login stuff.

Username though? The start of this site was that your username you picked was to be your IG name... so that doesn't apply anymore?

I'd be ok with the multiple accounts per user thing if we could find a way to group each account so that we knew what user has which accounts. It's more on the administrative side if we have to ban or suspend someone for breaking the rules.

Ok I found a display name mod: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... user_name/

That could solve our user name issue and leave the accounts for one account per person, and just change the display name when you're playing a new character. WHY Phpbb doesn't have this bult-in is beyond me.

Mod is way out of date. Won't work.

WHY Phpbb doesn't have this bult-in is beyond me.

I give up then. I'll figure something out until then I guess there's no other way around it. gotta do one character per account.

PHPBB3 lacks several in-stock features needed. For example I have to download the language file each time I want to change a word, I can't do that in the ACP; there's a mock version but even then you still need to upload the saved changes via FTP, lame.

No portal, and all the current portals suck.

We could use this mod to help with one character-one account https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 0&t=575613

Also, is there anyway to upgrade to a better forum service to support the stuff we need? I have a re-enlistment check coming to me soon and i wouldn't mind upgrading/switching services. I noticed that some sites also make it so you can transfer over topics/posts/members so we dont have to bother with it.

Also, is there anyway to upgrade to a better forum service to support the stuff we need? I have a re-enlistment check coming to me soon and i wouldn't mind upgrading/switching services. I noticed that some sites also make it so you can transfer over topics/posts/members so we dont have to bother with it.

If you have the cash to pony up for something like vBulletin or Invision Suite for the initial purchase of a license and the constant renewal fees, then by all means yes! Both of which have PHPBB3 to their software converters.

Again, no matter what ideas are tossed out for the 1 account / multiple characters, theres always a bump in the road.

Also, we could simply change the username to match a new character name if your old one dies. Seen it done before and as far as i can remember, it never changes your initial login stuff.

I'm all for name changing, up to a certain amount of times and then your done.

We could use this mod to help with one character-one account https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 0&t=575613

Installed.

You'll find it in the User Control Panel sub-section Managed Linked Accounts

ucp.php?i=account_link&mode=manage

You'll have to create a second account, and enter that username/password on your master account. A drop menu should appear beside the logout button in the header to switch back and forth.

For the record, I don't like adding too many mods as it opens up vulnerabilities and exploits waiting to happen. This was a prevalent issue at the original .hack//Integral with the massive RPG system we had and had to abandon because everyone was hacking the system to gain any item, gold, administrator access, and sprites as they liked.

That linked account mod would be handy for this as well IMO.

Also I'd like to say for users: they would have to pick a main account at some point for AFO. It doesn't have to be the one they signed up with. So there'll be plenty of time for them to decide.

Edit: Never Mind I forgot Edan went a head and installed it already. I'm not a morning person XD.

That linked account mod would be handy for this as well IMO.

Also I'd like to say for users: they would have to pick a main account at some point for AFO. It doesn't have to be the one they signed up with. So there'll be plenty of time for them to decide.

Edit: Never Mind I forgot Edan went a head and installed it already. I'm not a morning person XD.

Main account for wha now?