[PP-F1] Test of Worth (Calrex) --COMPLETE--

Spoiler

Weapon: Anneal Blade +1 ACC

Level: 3

HP: 12

Energy: 3

Skills- One Handed Sword R1

Vargas yawned as he exited the starting city. He'd spent some time in the town to try to see if he could get any better equipment but, of course, found nothing. Everything required a good deal of Col or a trade in materials, neither of which did he have. So, he'd decided to grind out some experience and get some of both.

My best options is going to likely be fighting mobs. I'll gather while I recover from the fights as well though, Vargas thought to himself as he considering his approach.

Edited by Vargas

Vargas walked out into the grassy fields where there were plenty of mobs to fight. He looked at the pack of board that were hanging around the center of the field. "Ok so now I just need to pull one away from the others so I don't get hit by a pack of them," Vargas commented to himself as he picked up a rock and prepared to toss it at one of the boars. As it started to glow he released it watching as it streaked straight into the hindquarters of the closest one. The boar turned and charged at Vargas as he charged his blade and prepared his <Uppercut>. He released earlier than he wanted realizing his predicament when the boar slammed straight into his ribs.

ID# 40186

BD: 1+1(ACC) (Fail)

MD: 7 (Hit)

Vargas 9/12 HP [Energy 1/3]

VS

Boar 6/6 HP [DMG 3]

Edited by Vargas

"Aaahh...," Vargas yelled as he was sent sprawling into the dirt. Feeling his side and remembering he couldn't feel pain he got up and prepared to attack once more. "Lady Luck better be on my side today," Vargas said as his <Uppercut> started to charge into his blade, giving it a red hue. When he released it he watched as it went right by the boar missing it clearly. Of course, at the same time the boar charged him again, cutting it's tusks into the side of his leg.

ID #40189

BD: 4+1=5 (Fail)

MD: 10 (Crit +2)

Vargas 4/12 HP [Energy: 0/3]

VS

Boar 6/6 HP [DMG 3]

ID: 40243
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17
Sword Art <<Slant>> Activated (1 Energy Used / 50 Remaining)

Calrex gave a small sigh as he exited out into the field zones surrounding the Starting City, clad in his Grand Chariot: Legacy armor in order to mask the exhausted look on his face, "What am I doing down here again? I should be back on the thirteenth floor protecting Teayre."

With a few more steps he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, an action that had become reflex in order to keep himself aware of their surroundings before he looked to his right. Seeing a nearby player under attack it didn't take him long to see that he was close to death, "Shoot, well I certainly haven't done this in a while."

Running in the direction of the player he ripped the Grand Blade from its sheath as he gave a calming breath, the sword lighting up with the light blue glow of his Rank 1 Sword Art, <<Slant>>. Quickly closing the distance he stepped between the player and his enemy before releasing the attack, the glowing blade easily cutting through the boar in one strike before it dissipated into crystals.

With a small sigh he flicked his sword into a reverse grip before returning it back to its sheath, turning around to face the low-level player, "Hey you alright? That was a close call."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex:
209/209
   Energy: 50/51 (-1)
Vargas: 4/12
   Energy: 0/3

Enemies:
Boar:
-4/6 (10 DMG * 1 Art = 10 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Vargas looked up from where he was on the ground as he heard the sound of the shattering pixels signal the destruction of the boar. He looked at the man that stood before him as he sheathed his blade.

"Hey you alright? That was a close call," the guy asked.

"Yeah...I'm fine," Vargas responded looking away as he forced himself up.

He brushed himself off and sheathed his own blade, seeing no point in using right away anyways.

"What are you doing here anyways?" Vargas asked, suspicious as to why someone with obvious skill and good gear would be down on the first floor.

+3 HP

+1 Energy

Edited by Vargas

(Energy Fully Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as he watched the low-level player get back to his feet. However, he did take not that the young boy seemed to have been a bit more concerned that the blue armored swordsman had stepped in more than the fact his own life might have been in danger. He decided not to voice it as he relaxed his arms at his sides, "Honestly, I've asked the same question to myself multiple times. I guess even with the new floors opening up, there's still something that keeps calling me back to this floor."

"Well, there are a lot of memories here on this floor..."

"In any case, it's good to see you're alright. I was walking along and saw that you were having some trouble with that boar. I've seen and heard more than enough incidents of players first starting out going out into the fields to try and take these things on, only to have the chips not fall in their favor and losing their lives to these things. I think so far the number one killing monster in all of SAO are these pesky pigs."

Looking over he gave a nod, "If you'd like, I can kind of show you the ropes for adventuring on the floors, as well as giving you a hand in any battles. I won't actually fight the monsters, but I have a skill which keeps its attention on myself, allowing you to go all out on them without fear of being attacked."

"Well, I've only recently joined so I guess I fit into that scenario," Vargas replied with a slight chuckle in his voice, "as far as help it's not like I asked for it but if you want to it's fine by me. I just need to recover my health before I continue doing anything." As he said this his mind began to fill with things from the real world. The friends he'd pushed away, the family he'd ignored, and the one girl that made him into his best self...for a time.

+3 HP

+1 Energy

"Sure thing, that's probably the safest bet for now. Once you've recovered just let me know and we can get started."

Adjusting the Grand Blade on the back of his hip he gave a calming breath as he scanned around the area, "There's no more monsters in sight. Good to know."

"Well if there's anything you're curious about feel free to let me know. I've only recently been on the frontlines and participated in the last two floor boss raids. I won't say that all of my experience is sound, but hopefully it might help keep you alive while adventuring in this world."

"I just hope Teayre is holding up alright while I'm down here. Well, who am I kidding, she's more than strong enough to take care of herself. I'm just worrying as usual because she can't go into the safe zones."

(Full Recovery)

ID# 40833

LD: 20 (Why does it give me an amazing roll for bupkis?)

Vargas walked over to a nearby bush as he watched his status bar slowly replenish his health. He shifted through the branches seeing if maybe he could find any materials.

"My only real curiosity is what I want to do here. Most job skills have a large pool of players already. Merchanting has a minority but I'm really confused as to the importance or use of it," Vargas said as he pulled away from the bush having found a Thistleweed, which turned out to be a material.

"Also, I've fully recovered now so I'm good to go."

+1 Material

Calrex gave a nod as he watched the player go over towards a bush, seeming in a search for materials, voicing his hesitance to take up a profession, as he wasn't sure which to take.

"Well, one of my good friends is actually the currently highest ranked merchant, to my knowledge. A couple of the base good traits of being one is that you have a store with all of the basic items and gear needed to survive the lower floors. At higher levels one also gets the ability to inspect and appraise items to see if there are any hidden capabilities within them. An example would be you find a lackluster weapon from a monster drop, but when you take it to a merchant he appraises it and discovered a special ability that you wouldn't be able to find without him."

Confirming the boy's health Calrex gave a nod, "Sure thing, was there anything you wanted to do out here?"

Vargas looked out towards the fields seeing no monsters within his current range. "Well, I want to gain materials and Col so that I can use them in trade or production of other items. So I guess back to killing monsters," answering the guy's question as he started to aet off down into the field.

"The appraisal bit sounds good to me but what's the point in basic goods if everyone's already got that stuff?" he asked.

Calrex gave a nod as his teammate readied himself, suggesting to continue killing more monsters in order to gain loot for usage in the shops, "Sure thing. Most likely then what we can do is take on some stronger foes, but I'll be sure to keep it's attention. They'll likely be tougher than what you can fight for now, but at least this way you have a higher chance of gaining more col than taking on boars all day."

With that he began to scan around for any potential monsters that were suitable or his own level while continuing to respond, "Well, the basic items you can buy in the merchant shop are useful for when you're first starting out, but the neat thing is that appraising an item gives the chance for some rare rewards, such as unique enhancements that are normally only available from floor and event boss item drops. Think of it in a way as upgrading your gear without needing to do a quest or fighting monsters until one happens to drop another item."

"Speaking of which, I need to check with Hikoru about getting a basic sword and getting it appraised. I'd really like to see what combinations he's able to find in them."

Vargas nodded as they looked for stronger monsters. If he had a better chance at gaining materials by it that was fine by him.

"Hmm, that actually sounds a lot more useful when you put it that way. Better than becoming a blacksmith if my chances are good," Vargas commented hearing the new explanation. "I think I'll probably become a merchant in that case. Sounds like fun."

Edited by Vargas

Calrex gave a nod, "Well, both have their perks and such, but I'm sure that everyone would benefit with another of either."

Looking around he gave a calming breath when he saw a significantly larger boar that had appeared as he gave a nod to his new teammate, "Alright then, looks like we've found out prey. Get ready."

ID: 41465
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +4) = 4
Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16 (Bonus Loot Found)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 40 Remaining)

Rushing forward he activated both his most powerful Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> and <<Charge>> at the same time, the Grand Blade lighting up with a bright golden glow. Rapidly slashing the creature multiple times he managed to successfully eliminate the creature in one attack as the boar broke into crystals as he gave a sigh of relief, "Alright, that's done."

Swiping on his menu he sent the loot over to Vargas as he looked around, "We'll swap between who gets the spoils for every other monster, that way we can get more than enough for you to make use of."

Loot Dice:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 525 col (Mob HP 105 * 5 col = 525)

HP List
Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 40/51 (-11)
Vargas: 12/12
   Energy: 3/3

Enemies:
Giant Boar:
-11/105 (10+3 DMG * 11 Art - 27 MIT = 116 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Vargas looked at the large boar that they had found. The thing was bigger than average and therefore it was trainable to believe it'd be stronger.

"Alright then, looks like we've found out prey. Get ready," the guy said.

As Vargas reached back to draw his sword from its sheath the guy charge forward, unleashing a combo attack. In just a few short moments he had watched the boar's HP gauge go from full to zero. It gave the usual squeal before disintegrating into a ton of colorful shards.

"Alright, that's done."

Vargas looked at the guy incredulously. Just who the hell was he? Hearing a ringing noise he realized that he'd been offered a trade, from Calrex. 

"We'll swap between who gets the spoils for every other monster, that way we can get more than enough for you to make use of," Calrex said.

"Uhh...yeah. Ok, that works," Vargas slowly said not sure of what to do.

Loot: Vargas

2 Mats

525 Col

Loot: Calrex

1 Mat

ID: 41592
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +4) = -2
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 30 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod, "I probably shouldn't be col farming for him. In the end it would be better off if he learned to do so for himself, but it's not a bad idea to get him something to give him a solid start in the game."

Seeing yet another boar make its presence known the deep-sea blue armored player rushed forward once again, activating both his <<Charge>> skill and <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art once again. With a calming breath he unleashed the combined strength of the attacks once again, ripping through the creature with even more powerful cuts than the last time. Finishing his attack the creature burst into crystals once again as he saw the loot list appear, "Huh, that time I got another material with the bonus loot. Guess I can pass this one over, since I'm holding onto the col for that kill."

Sending over the extra material to his teammate he began to scan around for the next foe.

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 525 col   (Mob HP 105 * 5 col = 525)

HP List
Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 30/51 (-11+1)
Vargas: 12/12

Enemies:
Giant Boar 2:
 -33/105 (10+3+2 DMG * 11 Art - 27 MIT = 138 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Vargas stared in wonder. This guy was dispatching large boars one right after the other. He sliced through them like a hot knife through butter.

He's definitely has to be part of the main clearing party. That sort of strength could absolutely destroy bosses and the like.

Vargas looked down once again as he saw the trade notice. Calrex was trying to give him another mat. Accepting the request Vargas shook his head with disbelief, causing his deep strawberry blonde hair to slide over his eyes slightly.

Why is he helping me like it's just nothing? He could be gaining so much more experience on the higher floors, rather than wasting his time here.

ID: 41611
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2
Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 5 (No Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 20 Remaining)

As Calrex spotted yet a third boar appear he gave a calming breath and, like clockwork, activated his <<Charge>> skill and <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art a third time, flying forward and unleashing his attack on the monster once again. The shining golden aura-coated Grand Blade ripped into the creature as slash after slash tore it apart until it burst into crystals on the last strike.

Looking down at his spoils the Ultramarine knight gave a small sigh as he saw only the basic drop appear in his HUD. Sending over the material to Vargas he gave a nod, "Hold on...I'm forgetting something..."

Feeling like he wanted to smack himself on the head Calrex turned back to face his teammate, "Sorry about that. All of this and I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Calrex, good to meet you."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 20/51 (-11+1)
Vargas: 12/12

Enemies:
Giant Boar 3:
 -11/105 (10+3 DMG * 11 Art - 27 MIT = 116 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

I wonder how long he can keep that combo going for? Vargas wondered as Calrex's golden obliterated a large boar once more. He looked out into the horizon as he thought about the power difference between them.

His attention was brought back to another trade window, once not Calrex. He accepted the item and was about to continue on when he noticed the stunned face on the guy.

"Sorry about that. All of this and I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Calrex, good to meet you."

Vargas looked dumbfounded at the guy. So he really hadn't noticed that they'd never exchanged names? Vargas's eyes began to water. He started laughing as he bent over, the sound bellowing out of him. He tried to get a hold of himself before stand up straight. He wiped his eyes with his finger and smiled at Calrex.

"That's the best laugh I've had in a long time," Vargas sighed happily as he put out his hand on much friendlier greeting than how they started, "I'm Vargas, but you probably figured that out during the trades."

Loot: Vargas

4 Mats

525 Col

Loot: Calrex

1 Mat

525 Col

Edited by Vargas

"Heh, yeah, nonetheless I apologize for that. It's nice to meet you Vargas."

Calrex gave a smile beneath the emotionless appearance of his helmet as he witnessed Vargas' laugh attack, looking around, "Huh, it looks like that's just about all of the larger monsters in this area. Hopefully that's enough for now to give you a good start. Things should get easier once you get a little bit stronger and gain some better equipment."

Swiping on his menu he gave a calming breath as he rested his arms at his sides, "As well, if you want to take up a profession, there's actually a quest that gives you a decent amount of starting materials for you to work with called Earning a Living."

Checking his time he gave a small sigh, "In any case, I'd best get a move on. Looks like I've got to get started working on some thing on the upper floors. Nonetheless, I'll hopefully catch you around."

With a few button presses he send a friend request over to the lower-level player before giving a wave, heading back towards the settlement.