[PP-F1] Two's a Party (Vargas and Coddexx) Complete

Having done a couple quests I wanted to take some time to get some col and materials to better my gear. After being in a party with someone previously I learned that you can be a lot more productive with two blades than one. With this in mind I looked through thee list of players in the back of the guidebook and decided to PM some of them to see if they wanted to form a hunting party to go out in the grasslands and slay some mobs. I got a reply from a player named Vargas. I decided to tell him to meet me outside the town of beginnigs and we can go hunting in the fields there. I made my way there and waited for him to meet me.

Edited by Coddexx

Vargas walked out the northern gates of the Town of Beginnings. His <Anneal Blade> was sheathed in its scabbard across his back. His casual clothing that he had originally obtained from the game consisted of his short blue sleeve shirt and black, baggy, cotton pants. He searched around for the player that had message him earlier. Noticing the guy he walked over and raised his arm halfway hailing his attention.

Seeing the player that I assumed was Vargas raise his hand in a gesture that seemed slightly foreign to me had caused me to get up from where I was waiting for him. I mimicked his gesture and waved. "Hey there I'm Coddexx. You're Vargas I assume?" I said extending my hand out in greeting. "I don't really have much planned for this trip of ours I usually am a kind of go with the flow kind of guy. I just figured that we could go out there" I gestured toward the large field outside of town. " and kill some boar and whatever else comes our way. The only concern I have as of now is how we are going to split up the loot. What seems fair to you?"

"Hey there I'm Coddexx. You're Vargas I assume?" the guy said extending his hand.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you Coddexx," Vargas said as he shook hands with the guy.

"I don't really have much planned for this trip of ours I usually am a kind of go with the flow kind of guy. I just figured that we could go out there and kill some boar and whatever else comes our way. The only concern I have as of now is how we are going to split up the loot. What seems fair to you?"

Vargas thought about this question that Coddexx had proposed. It was a valid point. He himself needed money like anyone else so that he could get around in the world. He didn't have a profession so he didn't really need mats but they were useful in trading for the equipment you wanted made.

"Well I don't need much in the way of mats since I don't have a profession. Though they'd be helpful for trading with other vendors for gear. I guess a usual 50/50 should be good. Right?" Vargas asked as he voiced his opinion.

ID#40414   LD:16
Taking what he said into consideration I said "That seems fair I guess. So all the col we gain will be split evenly and materials dropped from enemies will go every other time for who gets it."  thinking a bit more I added "But I think it's fair that if you search and find a material out of combat it's yours to keep" I bent down and looked a little through a patch of tall grass trying to find something of use. I found a small healing herb and took it. "See so since I found it myself and not from a drop after killing an enemy it's mine. Sound fair?"
+1 Material to Coddexx

Edited by Coddexx

Vargas listened and agreed with the system for the Col. The mats was a bit illogical, or atleast the idea didn't make much sense to him. Either way, it seemed the guy probably needed mats more than he did. "Ok, works for me. We can gather while we recover from the fights," Vargas suggested as he began to head out.

As he reached the outer edge of the field he kneeld down and grabbed a rock. He spotted three boars near each. Pointing them out Vargas started to explain his plan, "I'm gonna pull the one closest to us. If all goes well we'll be able to eat it no problem. If that's the case then we can go ahead and take out the other two at the same time together."

After saying that, he pulled his arm back and shot it straight at the boar, hitting it in the ribs, and drawing it's attention. He unsheathed his blade and charged up his Sword Skill <Uppercut> as the boar charged right at him. As it got right in front of him and released and cut it straight in half. He watched as it disintegrated into a million tiny polygons.

"Huh..." Vargas exclaimed chuckling "apparently two at a time might be fine?"

ID# 40419

BD: 7+1(ACC) (Hit)

MD: 3; dead instantly

LD: 10

Vargas 12/12 HP [Energy: 1/3]

Coddexx 20/20 HP [Energy: 5/5]

VS

Boar 0/4 HP

Edited by Vargas

ID#40427  BD:1 MD: 4
ID#40428  MD:10

Seeing Vargas easily waste that last boar I grinned " Nice hit I'm gonna go for the other two"  I drew my curved blade, Silverlight and ran toward the other two boar. Raising Silverlight above my head, charging up my sword art 'Fell Crescent' My blade started to glow a deep purple and I ran faster closing the distance between me and the two boar. I swung down with my blade in a large arc but miscalculated and missed the two boar, leaving myself open to an attack from one of the boar. The boar charged me with its tusk cutting my side leaving a red cut in my torso. " Sorry Vargas! Back me up I got them next time." I called out regaining my footing and dodging the attack from the second boar.

Vargas 12/12 HP [Energy: 1/3]
-1dmg (5 -5 Mit)
Coddexx 19/20 HP [Energy: 3/5]

Boar 10/10 3dmg
Boar 10/10 3dmg

Edited by Coddexx

{+1 Energy}

Vargas charged up his <Uppercut> once again as Coddexx got ripped into by one of the boars. "Don't worry. I got this. Let's just do it quick before more decide to spawn in and give us hell," Vargas said. Once the blade became red brought his arm forward, slashing through the spine of the boar leaving a large, pixelated, bloody gash. "Make this one count this time man," Vargas said as he kept his eyes on the two boars.

ID#40435

BD: 5+1[ACC] (Hit)

1(Base)+1(OHSS)=2x2(Uppercut)=4

Vargas 12/12 HP [Energy: 0/3]

Coddexx 19/20 HP [Energy: 3/5]

VS

Boar 6/10 HP [DMG- 3]

Boar 10/10 HP [DMG- 3]

ID#40438  BD:2 MD:5
ID#40439 MD:1

Charging up my sword art again my blade began to glow a deep purple and as I came down in an arc somehow I lost my footing and left a large cut in the earth right in front of the boar. I rushed backward out of the reach of the boar and got back up focusing on the two boar. " What is going on I need to focus" I yelled taking a breath trying to concentrate on the matter at hand. I can't let Vargas have all the fun. " I got this don't worry I won't miss again"

Vargas 12/12 HP [Energy: 0/3]
Coddexx 19/20 HP [Energy: 2/5]
Boar 6/10 HP [DMG- 3]
Boar 10/10 HP [DMG- 3]

Edited by Coddexx

(OOC: Added in the hate cause i just remembered it.)

Vargas watched Coddexx once again swing and fail. At least this time they missed him too. he charged up his on <Slant> attack and leaped forward at the boars. His attack missed, sliding right by the boars. Taking advantage of his momentum he kept moving past, allowing for more room between himself and the mobs.

ID# 40443

BD: 4+1[ACC] (Miss)

Vargas 12/12 HP [Energy: 0/3] (Hate: 2)
Coddexx 19/20 HP [Energy: 2/5] (Hate: 1)

VS
Boar 6/10 HP [DMG- 3]
Boar 10/10 HP [DMG- 3]

ID#40444  BD:10 MD:4  
ID#40445  MD:7

Having calmed myself down and focused myself on the task at hand I raised my blade above my head charging my sword art 'Fell Crescent' once more, this time determined to hit these two boar. Silverlight was filled with her familiar deep purple glow and I ran in switching out with Vargas. As I grew closer to them I brought my blade down in an arc forming a purple crescent moon in the the air in front of me the first boar I ran my blade through exploded into pixels leaving the second boar the only enemy left for Silverlight to sink into. The crescent finished its path coliding with the soft underbelly of the second boar leaving a deep gash in its hide.
"Now that's More Like it!" I yelled into the sky. I only realized after the fact that the second boar had cut my arm with its sharp tusk doing a little damage to me.

Vargas 12/12 
HP [Energy: 0/3] 
-1dmg (3 -5mit)

Coddexx 18/20 HP [Energy: 1/5] 
-6dmg each (4base+2 critical)
Boar 0/10
 HP [DMG- 3]-DEAD-
Boar 4/10 HP [DMG- 3]

Edited by Coddexx

Vargas could see the difference once Coddexx had calmed down. He had seriously ripped into the two boars, destroying one in the process. "My turn now then," Vargas said as he charged up his attack. He rushed the final boar slashing through the mob from front to back, leaving a clean cut through it. It was something but it wasn't enough. "Finish it, now," Vargas called back to Coddexx.

ID# 40448

BD: 8+1=9 (Hit)

1(Base)+1(OHSS)=2 Damage

Vargas 12/12 HP [Energy: 0/3] (Hate: 3)

Coddexx 18/20 HP [Energy: 1/5] (Hate: 2)

VS

Boar 0/10

Boar 2/10

ID#40450  BD:2 MD:1

I took my blade and tried swinging at the remaining boar but as I hit the boar it had attacked me at the same time and both of our attacks hit each other deflecting the blow and dealing no damage to either of us I sidestepped the boar letting it continue past me readying myself for an attack from behind the boar. I knew that I wasn't being very accurate at the moment but I'm thankful that the one blow that I was able to land did a significant amount of damage.

Vargas 12/12 HP [Energy: 0/3] (Hate: 3)
Coddexx 18/20 HP [Energy: 0/5] (Hate: 2)
Boar 0/10 DEAD
Boar 2/10 3dmg

Edited by Coddexx

Their attacks were failing. Thank god they were still low levels. Otherwise, he'd be slamming his head into trees for how bade their accuracy seemed to be. He rushed in with his own attack once more but failed to deal any damage. I've seriously got a lot of training to do before I'm good for front lines, Vargas thought.

ID# 40452

BD: 2+1[ACC]=3

Vargas 12/12 HP [Energy: 0/3] (Hate: 3)

VS
Boar 0/10 DEAD
Boar 2/10 3dmg

ID#40453  BD:6 MD:8 LD:11

I took a deep breath and ran my blade into the back of the boar.
"Finally!" I cried as the boar took the final bit of damage it needed to burst into pieces. Shaking my head as I walked over and picked up the loot I looked at Vargas and said "I really need to invest in some gear that buffs my accuracy" I looked through the loot we had so far. " I guess it was worth it though. We got fifty col and two materials from those dang boar." I laughed and asked. " so where to now?" 

Vargas 12/12
 HP [Energy: 0/3] (Hate: 3)
Boar 0/10 DEAD
Boar 0/10 DEAD
+2 Materials +50 col

Edited by Coddexx

Coddexx killed the boar, running it right into its back and shattering it into a million glass-like polygons. He walked over to Vargas as he accepted the items the game had just dropped for him.

"I really need to invest in some gear that buffs my accuracy, I guess it was worth it though. We got fifty col and two materials from those dang boar. So where to now?" 

"Well our health hardly dropped so we'll go kill some more boars for right now," Vargas said as he surveyed the field for another group of boars. Spotting another two about 10 meters from them he started to charge them. He drew his sword and went for the strike but the boars had noticed him fairly quickly. They both charge back at him, each taking out a leg as his blade slashed over their heads. He was sent tumbling about 2 meters away.

"GOD **** IT!" Vargas cried out, "I'm seriously pissed with this luck. I'm gonna need you to keep me cover with the amount of damage I took. Anymore and I'll be dead soon.

ID# 40475; 40476

BD: 1+1[ACC] (Crit Fail)

MD: 7; 7

Vargas 6/12 HP [Energy: 0/3]

Coddexx 18/20 HP [Energy: 0/5]

VS

Boar 10/10 HP [DMG 3]

Boar 10/10 HP [DMG 3]

Edited by Vargas

ID#40522  BD:10 MD:1
ID#40524  MD:3
Seeing Vargas run into combat without waiting for our energy to regen was very reckless. He got hit hard by both boar that he had engaged. " Dangit Vargas stay behind me!" I ran in with Silverlight held high. I put myself between the two boar and Vargas. Looking at the two boar I had one thought that ran through my mind. I am not gonna let him die. I ran at the first boar and swung my blade hard. Silverlight met the face of the first boar  in the face leaving a large cut making it even uglier and I dodged the second boar staying between Vargas and the two boar. "Don't attack I got you Just let your energy regen don't risk getting killed."

Vargas 6/12 HP [Energy: 0/3]
Coddexx 18/20 HP [Energy: 0/5]
-6dmg (4 +2 critical)
Boar 4/10 HP [DMG 3]
Boar 10/10 HP [DMG 3]

Edited by Coddexx

(OOC: The person who spawns the mobs is the one who controls them. So don't roll for the mobs.)

Vargas got up to his feet and readied his sword. "I'll take cover behind you but I'm not going to leave the fighting to you alone," he said as he charged his sword skill. Running forward he slid by the first boar as it tried to charge him and cut open its side. As he rolled back onto his feet he saw Coddexx take a hit from the second one. "I'll try not to get killed over here. Just deal with that second one and I'll run back over if things get bad for me," Vargas called over.

ID# 41268; 41269

BD: 9 (Crit) +1(ACC)

MD: 2 (Miss); 6 (Hit)

Vargas 6/12 HP [Energy 0/3] [Hate 1]

Coddexx18/20 HP [Energy 0/5] [Hate 1]

VS

Boar 1/10 HP [DMG 3]

Boar 10/10 HP [DMG 3]

ID#41270 BD:3 

I focused my attention on the  second boar and ran at it.  I stutter stepped at the last second and missed.  I regained my footing and was on the other side of the boar.  I took a deep breath and tried to regain my footing. I held my blade steady waiting for the boar's attack. I began to laugh at how bad of a strike that was.  Wishing I had aimed better I took a tight grip on my blade and focused on the boat I couldn't afford to miss again I was dead set on striking out at the boat next time and dealing a huge cut into its tough hide  

Vargas 6/12 HP [Energy 0/3] [Hate 1]

Coddexx18/20 HP [Energy 0/5] [Hate 1]

VS

Boar 1/10 HP [DMG 3]

Boar 10/10 HP [DMG 3]

Edited by Coddexx

(I forgot the damage from last time so your down to 16)

Vargas charged forward once again at the boar. His sword glowed red as he prepared to use his sword skill <Vertical>. Arching his sword over his head he cut straight through the boar. It expanded with a squeal and exploded into a million polygons, sounding like shattering china. "Just the other one now," Vargas called to Coddexx as he looked over at him to see him hit once more by the boar, cutting into his leg.

ID# 41341; 41342

BD: 7 +1 (ACC)=8 (Hit)

MD: 6 (Dead); 9 (Crit) [3+1=4-5(MIT)=1]

LD: 5 (Nada)

Vargas 6/12 HP [Energy 0/3] (Hate: 2]

Coddexx 16/20 [Energy 0/5] (Hate: 1)

Vs

Boar DEAD 

Boar 10/10 HP [DMG 3]

Edited by Vargas