[PP-F1] Start of Friends

"Now to do something. But what exactly." Val muttered to himself and looked around the crowd, not knowing exactly what to do. Something I can do by myself. Oh god not grinding He thought and groaned, the prospect of today not a good one. He turned around and saw a wooded area in the distance. "I don't think I've been over there before. Might as well now." He smiled lightly and walked that way, needing something to do. His feet trudged over the grass and he looked up into the sun, it being early morning. A bird cawed in the distance and he almost could convince himself that it was the real world, almost. The distant calls of monsters and players fighting drags away form any kind of immersion in a real world that Val was getting to. Well, here now, now what? He thought for a hot minute but then walk forward, leaning against a tree and fiddling with his whip and whip strap." Another Lazy day, just like that lasts ones."

Edited by Val

Sleeping outside of towns was becoming a bad habit of his. The distant call of a bird stirred the boy awake from his slumber and as a reflex he sprang up, surveying the area while striking a pose he once saw in a cheesy, kung-fu movie. There were no monsters to be seen, though it wouldn't have been a problem if one were to show up. Seul could kill the mobs on the first floor in a single strike and without the use of sword arts so spending his nights outdoors was comforting every now and then. He turned his attention to the dagger by his hand that luckily hadn't been stolen and it along with the scabbard to his belt before departing.

It would have been a perfect scenario if he hadn't forgotten the way back to town. He spent so little time in the area these days that the mental notes concerning directions had somewhat vanished. He ended up just walking in circles through the trees before noticing someone he hadn't seen before wandered into the area. "Hey there! Um, I'm sorta lost. Which way is civilization?!"

Edited by Seul

Celes teleported to floor one  Here were all the new players. She had left all of this behind a while ago and yet.... She needed to rememebr what it was like; Plus as an Officer of Azure Brigade,  she felt the need to come and find New talent for the guild, if possible. that said she had not been expecting to wander so far off the reservation.... eventually she spotted two lower level players. She approached them carefully, not wanting to scare them,. "hey guys!  I'm celes... hows it going? Need any help?"

She'd been running for... approximately two and a half minutes, she concluded. Continuous patterns of inhaling and exhaling could only go so far before one had enough exercise that their body could take. Being a person that hardly ever strained their body, this young woman couldn't run as long as she could fast. Her legs - short legs to be specific - were tired and aching; thus the pinkette decided to rest against a tree. Palm against the bark she flips curly strands of hair that now cascade down her back. Voices eventually reach her sensitive ears that causes her body to perk up in mild interest. Poking a head around the large, roughly textured plant, she scans each player before speaking in an unwavering, seemingly bored tone. "200 steps North of this tree and you'll reach the town's gates. 203 steps and you're officially in the Town of Beginnings or Starter City. If you're unsure of which way North is than use your map. The same exact map that tells you where civilization is on every Floor so you don't go asking strangers - that may or may not be luring you into a trap - where it is."

Edited by Audacity

"Eh...?" Before he knew it, two women had shown up from seemingly nowhere. Both offered up some sort of assistance as well, though there was a slight contrast in their methods. Seul turned his attention to the pink-haired player who had addressed him directly with a way out of the woods. What grabbed his focus was the number of steps she included in the explanation. Did she actually take the time to count the distance? He found the notion hard to believe. Or rather, it would have been more accurate to say he refused to believe it. His attitude soured at the mention of using his map though. It wasn't like the thought had completely evaded him. Using the map would have required a lot more effort than he was willing to spend first thing in the morning and with his poor sense of direction, he'd sooner end up on the second floor than back in the Starting City. "Trap shmap. Most players around here aren't even able to scratch me and I doubt the higher level players would risk turning orange over an amount of col equal to pocket change plus my crappy gear. Besides, if talking to strangers somehow summons cute girls to the area, I should do it more often." He had put emphasis on the last part before shifting his gaze between her and Celes who had introduced herself a short time earlier. "Well everyone, my name's Seul, the rising hero in Aincrad." The moment the words left his mouth the small, black dragon that had been resting in the front of his coat poke its head out. "Most people tend to forget the hero part..." His familiar added to which he responded by zipping the coat up to conceal the pets head.

Edited by Seul

Val was just about to doze off too, but the introduction of three people stirred his sleepy head and sent him into his worse nightmare, social confrontation. Val slowly got up and nervously ran his hand through his hair. Three people showed up. Two pretty girls and one kind of boastful male who thins he is the biggest new hero and thinks the other girls are pretty, great. "H-hi guys.. I'm, uh Valen. Most people call me Val." He blushed from his stuttered speech and rub his face,trying to get rid of the blush. The man introduced himself as Seul and one of the girls introduced herself as Celes. "Nice t-to meet you two, Seul and Celes. And you too." Val said and looked at the other girl. His blonde strands move slightly in the wind and he went to adjust them, a nervous habit of his that he can't seem to shake. God, I am making a fool of myself. His whip sagged on his side and he adjusted it and hiked it up his hip, trying to keep it from falling around his legs.

Celes smiled at the other players. While her attire didnt scream 'high level' she knew her Glaive did, so she kep her weapon sheathed to make sure that no one reacted badly. Looking at Seul she smiled "Rising hero of Aincrad, huh? thats cool!  Getting to the front lines soon?"  she added, wondering if this was a player she hadnt seen yet, knowing she had only been at the front lines with her guild. Turning to val she smiled "its lovely to meet you Valen. How are you?" she asked happily, now sure she wasn't in much danger. 

(Got Permission from Clarence.)

Zelrius found his way around the first floor's plains, just as he had done so many times before. It was too often that he found himself on this beginning area. It wasn't long until he saw a few figures in the distance chatting it up and hanging out. Smirking, the boy swaggered on over, squinting his eyes to see if he could recognize anyone in the group. There was one familiar face, and one of the few ones left that would actually bring a smile to the boy's infinite frown as he looked at the world around.

Making his way over, step by step, Zelrius' dress shoes lightly making a small rustle on the grass below as he approached the group that his friend and Officer, Celesmeh, were with. He had made it just after everyone had given introductions and was unsure how to proceed. His two swords made a jingle on his hips with every step, that mixed with the light ringing of his two pendants clicking together. The boy looked to the others in the group, giving a slight bow and introducing himself. "Salutations, my name is Zelrius, Lord Blackfyre, Commandant of the Azure Brigade, Frontliner, Level 48." And though he didn't say it because he didn't hear Seul's earlier introduction, the dual blades on his hips made him the Real Hero of Aincrad.

Celes Sighed as her Commandant introduced himself. He was always so flashy... She pulled down her menu and equipped her Darkened Glaive. The long black glaive emanated a dark aura that seemed to bend light around it, making the glaive almost shimmer. She held it casually, as if the large weapon weighed nothing in her arms. "You know Zel, you could be nicer about things.... I was just scouting the lower floors for some talent.... and then i found these guys. They seem... interesting. That Seul, audacity and Valen" she said pointing to each of them. 

They all seemed like nice enough people, though it was a little strange to see Val get so flustered over a mere conversation. That aside, he simply shrugged at Celes' initial question. "I plan on going to the frontlines eventually, but I've just been wandering on my own till now-" He cut his words short with the arrival of another blonde-haired player. A quick scan over his form could have easily revealed his identity, but he introduced himself anyway only to confirm any suspicions. They had never met in person before today, though it was bound to happen eventually. Seul just wished it wasn't happening early in the morning and out in some nameless woods alongside a group of complete strangers. "Well, now this is starting to look like a trap." He added with a nervous laugh as he was only halfway joking in his statement.

Another one. Really? Val looked at the next player and immediately recognized him as Zelrius. The player was one of the few that the bottom floors could talk about. Zelrius, Ssendom, Calrex, and Lowenthal were the four male players that people envied and lusted after."I see it now." Val muttered to himself. Val almost didn't realize that Celes asked him a question. "Oh I'm fine...... how are you?" Val asked and looked away, trying to calm down. Azure Brigade The most elite guild in Aincrad. It would be sweet to join them. But I heard they only ask you to join, they don't accept applications. Wait, did Celes say she was apart of Azure? Two of them in the same place. Wow. Val was lost in thought and shook it off, looking around at the crowd of people here now. "Hope t god it isn't a trap." His hand hovered over his whip, not even thinking it just happening.

Her pink eyes were squinted as she kept them focused on the player who'd called himself "Valen". "You're fidgeting. Nervous? Take deep breaths to calm yourself down and take your time before speaking. That is, if you're socially awkward which I've picked up from your behavior so far." He seemed the shy type: one she didn't take very well, or knew how to handle. The information given was the best she had. Erin had been the only player Audacity met so far that held the same mannerisms and behavior. She glared in Seul's direction upon hearing his small comment. "Cute isn't the proper way to describe a lady unless they're 13 years old." Her tone hadn't changed: it was unwavering. Honestly she wasn't angry but found the moment proper to correct the seemingly young boy.

"Zelruis... He wouldn't lure anyone into a trap - unless they've harmed him in some sort of way - from what I've heard." Shizuka spoke of Zelruis and The Azure Brigade highly; her opinion meant a lot and most likely had been true so Audacity found no problem with the high-leveled player being around them. Celes seemed rather experience herself anyhow. Too many people were talking for the pinkette to enjoy. She remained leaning against the tree quite a bit a way from the rest of the group. Most of them she'd already pegged with contrasting personalities that wouldn't mix with her's. But, she had nothing else to do so the young woman remained in the same spot. "I'm not very interesting per se... but I can make small talk if need be. For example: this situation right here."

Celes laughed and patted Zelrius on the back " See waht you did! now you've scared them!"  She looked at them and sighed "Look we have no reason to hurt you, my boss here is just being an arse..." She said shooting him a look. Hearing everyone knowing Zel's name she sighed "Of Course they know you-  Look kiddos dont worry about him, he's jsut grumpy he isnt killing something on the 13th floor."  she said teasing. She wasnt sure when shed come to like Zelrius as much as she did, but oh well. 

"So what were you all doing out here?"  she asked, trying to diver the attention from them onto something, anything else. 

He waved off Audacity's correction without much care. "Yeesh, take a compliment once in a while." Though she did seem to be one of those types who was too serious for their own good, her information regarding the Azure Brigade members and their intentions would be taken into account as the pair really didn't have a good reason to attack them. "Well, if everyone else is cool with it, then I have no reason to be suspicious. As for why I'm here, I like to sleep outside sometimes so I thought these woods seemed pretty deserted last night. Guess I was wrong though, haha." He scratched his neck while acknowledging just how popular of a spot this place was. Celes had said she was around on business for their guild but the others had yet to say why they came. Curiosity was getting the better of him but he simply remained quiet to see how they'd respond.

"Scared them? Pft, Should have brought the Twinfire sword and my Hydra skull. Give em a real spook." He grinned, this is exactly what the golden haired Commandant needed after recent events. He drew his two blades, The Blades of Michael, A golden and white straight sword, and Lucifer, a red and black curved sword. "Though, Sir Seul, I highly doubt you actually sleep outside the safe zone. If that were true, you'd have died to PKers long ago. And even if you just slept outside in the safe zone, You'd still have been killed by Sleep PKers. So let's be honest here: Either you're far too lucky for your own good, or you're trying to impress people who," He glanced to Celesmeh and Audacity "Are either too young for you, or can claim to have slain more bush than you ever will." For some reason or another, Zelrius felt that these particular insults were worth coming to the first floor today. "To answer your question, Officer Celesmeh, I am here out of sheer boredom, Leave it at that." Though that was not the true reasoning, he tried to convince himself that is what it was.

Val smiled Warmly at Audacity, the one person out the group who actually gets anxiety in social situations. He tried to stifle a laugh when Audacity shot Seul down, the guy is just about getting with girls, it seems that way anyways. Val's hand fell from its hovering position and he turned to look at the whole group, it growing pretty big to his standards. Val heard the question of what they were doing here, and was about to answer, but both Seul and Zelrius said something that cut him off. Val smiled to himself when Zelrius shot down Seul's technique of seeming cooler than he was. He is exactly like how people describe him. Well, that is I have heard it from low level fangirls soooooo, they kind of know everything about their obsession. "I'm here just to do something. I really need to get out more." Val said and ran his fingers through his bangs, moving them from his eyes.

Though there may have been an opportunity here to make new friends, he knew deep down he was destined to walk a solo path over the course of this game. He brushed off any and all of the additional pieces to the conversation as there was no reason to consider them for long after his departure. A dark thought had crossed his mind. It was true he had survived for this long by relying almost solely on luck, but just how much further was he willing to go in this world? He had to decide for himself, but he wouldn't be able to do that now. Not here. "You're probably right. That being said, it's been a fun chat, but I have to tend to things somewhere else. Excuse me." With that he offered a final wave to the group before wandering off toward the direction of the city. "Looks like it's just you and me again buddy." He mumbled to the small dragon still in his coat. Though his pet often got on his nerves, he was the only one worth turning to whenever he needed to express his thoughts and a sinister debate was brewing beneath the surface. 

( Leaving the thread, so no posts from me this point forward. Sorreh, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )