[Pp-F4] Wheres my snowboard?!! COMPLETE(Manta){Avalanche}

Nix had fallen asleep on the bench as we waited for Manta. She had agreed to slay the quest monster that in my cockiness I had accepted. It was snowing exceptionally hard today. I was thinking about how Manta would react to Nix, and vice~versa. I figured she would be suprised and maybe even super cautious about him and that he would be mean to her and be bad. I hadnt told her about him yet and couldnt wait to see her face. 

Edited by evac

Manta trudged her way through the snow, smiling happily. She loved it when it snowed hard like it did today. It made everything seem better, like the world was giving her a clean slate, covering the land in a pure white blanket. She walked over to the place where she was to meet Evac, still smiling happily. She approached him, not yet noticing his familiar. "Hey Evac, how are you doing?" She called out.

I stood up and offered my hand."Just fine Manta," I said. She hasnt noticed Nix yet. Better let her see him. "How are you madam? Sorry for picking a spot way out here. Its just that N- I, uhh. Never mind. Thank yoi for doing this. I really appreciate it Manta. You are too kind!" I said while smiling. I also gave Nix a poke to wake him up. He sat up with a little cute sound and looked at Manta.

Manta reached out and shook Evac's hand, smiling. "I'm doing very well thank you. And this isn't all that far out, so it's not a problem." She replied, her eyes following Evac's hand as he reached out and poked what appeared to be a small panda bear. Her mouth opened a little and her eyes widened as she rushed forwards and embracing the panda bear in a hug. "Is this your familiar? He's so cute!" She exclaimed, hugging the little bear to her chest gently.

"I know right! He seems to like that. More importantly he hasnt let anyone hug him like that except me. His name is Nix." I said while smiling. Nix liked Manta. Maybe her mother side is coming out because of him. She was the first stranger to pick him up, and the funny thing is, he looked smug! "Wow! Usually he is anti-social, but around people that I know, he comes off as happy, silly, and sheepish. He likes being on yiur shoulders if you put him there although he will bite your ears if he gets too playfull, also he loves the snow. Well thats all there is to Nix." I said with a smirk. Nix was looking at Manta's eyes, she looked so happy holding him.

Manta smiled, still hugging the panda bear. "I'm sure theres a lot more to him than meets the eye." She looked down at him. He seemed to be enjoying the hug quite a bit. She looked back up at Evac, not relinquishing his familiar but continuing to hold him. "I heard you needed a quest boss beaten, so whats the plan? Do we run in and stab it, do we stun it first, or what?" She asked. She personally wanted to run in and stab it, but it was his quest, not hers.

I had not thought about this yet, but seeing as though the Frontliner Dps Manta was in front of me I said "Run in and stab it. I mean is that what you would do? I shouldnt have taken this quest. Thank you Manta." I was stupid to have done this. She obviously liked cuddling Nix, who, was now totally relaxed in her arms. "Where should we start looking for this avalanche? I wish they had snow boards in this game..." Her fiance is a very, very lucky man. I wonder where is he?! The Avalanche thing was stronger than he could possibly imagine, even then, Manta had said she could kill it when they were discussing where to meet and stuff.

Manta nodded. He seemed to be going with the idea that she should charge in and stab the boss till it was dead. And why not? It was a good plan, simple and easy to follow. Nothing to get confused about there. "I know his spawn point, we don't need to look for it." She explained. She glanced down at her hand momentarily, to her ring finger. It felt a little empty without the engagement ring that had graced it until a week ago or so. She had finally decided she wasn't going to deal with this disappearing stuff anymore. She motioned to him to follow as she started to walk out of the safe zone, leading him towards the quest boss.

I followed her, laughing at how she was still holding Nix. I was happy that she knew the spawn point but, sheesh?!! How many times has she done this quest? He wasnt about to ask this question. I was following when I remembered the first time we met. We had gone to a cafe to talk after I had bumped into her. OHHHH THE CAFE! I remembered how she had paid for my meal. "Hey Manta this is for the cafe that time!" I said while extending my hand with 80 col in it to her. "Please accept this my friend. I appreciated it very much. And this time, I am paying. That is if you do agree to go with me to the one back in town. I-uhh, I mean you, you dont have too, I just thought it would be fun ya know with all of this snow and all. It would be a beautifull place to-" Ohh god just kill me know I thought. I was overthinking this by a longshot. We were just going to kill a monster. Not on a date! Well now we might be going on a date, thanks to my loud mouth. Thats when I thought: but this is what I want to happen! This is great! And then I thought what if she says no?!! I continued on this roller coaster untill I said to myself, she will say whatever she says. Be it yes be it no, Ill take it like a man.

Manta smiled and raised her hands up in front of her. "Don't worry about it, it wasn't a big deal." She wasn't entirely sure if he was asking her out on a date, seeing as he hadn't been totally clear. She felt bad, but she knew that she had to set the record straight. "I'd be glad to hang out with you." She paused trying to figure out exactly what she was trying to say. "If your asking me out on a date, I'll have to decline though. I'm already dating someone. Otherwise I would accept happily." She explained, purposefully not mentioning the gender of her date. She didn't want to get into that conversation. She smiled at him. "I'm happy to have you as a friend."

"Okedokee. Thats fine by me. Good for you! Uhh how close are we? To the boss that is." Shot down. Eh, obviously it wasnt meant to be. I was happy to be her friend too but I just really wanted that to happen but ahh well there will be other girls. "I really just wanted to talk but I guess it did come out that way and I kinda was asking you out.... I. I am sorry." I said while looking at the ground. Nix looked at me like hey, bros before 준s so his worked out for the best. I picked up Nix, he went on my shoulder. "Thats okay Manta. I cant wait to finish this quest."

Manta still felt bad for turning him down, but it wasn't like she'd had much of a choice. She unsheathed her darkened rapier as they approached the bosses spawn point. Moments later the boss spawned, shooting up out of the snowy ground to tower over both of them. Manta calmly pointed her blade at the boss, going over the plan in her head. She was supposed to run in and stab it. She sprinted in, her blade glowing red as she unleashed Over radiation, stabbing and twirling and jabbing into the avalanche thirteen times. When she was finished, the boss burst into pixels.

ID# 40645 results:

Battle: 9 (10x13=130 DMG)

Avalanche: -30/100 (-130)

Manta: 130/130 EN: 17/30 (-13)

Nix flinched as the boss dissapeared. In a way, the same thing happened to my happiness. But look at the bright side. They were still friends! And that was good. "Manta thank you for this. Whoever your date is, they are a very very lucky person. So, what do we do now?" I asked kneeling down and petting Nix and reassuring him. I hoped Manta would take that the right way. She sure was a beautifull girl on the inside and out. I am happy for her. Nix was still flipin out and running around in a circle. "Could you help me corall him?" I asked with a smirk.

Manta sheathed her sword with a grin. "Well, now we find a café, my treat." She said happily. She loved being able to defeat bosses with ease like she just had. She could only hope that her search for the Duelist unique would be successful, it was the only unique skill she was interested in, besides Inquisitor. She was only interested in that for her friend Ebony though.

"Thought you sai-" I stopped myself. "No, My treat, its the least I can do!" I grabbed Nix finally and made him chill out. I looked at Manta. "Lead the way M. Lead the way." I said absentmindedly. I looked at her and stood up with Nix. He wanted down so I let him go and he nuzzled her leg trying to get her to pick him up again. "You pig! I thought you were a Panda. Nix come on leave her alone." He gave me a gth look and I poked him and took off running towards the cafe. Sure enough, he pursued and I yelled "Better keep up Manta last one there is a rotten egg!" 

Manta smiled as the panda walked up to her and started to nuzzle her leg. She reached down and gave him a pat on the head. A moment or so later, Evac poked the panda bear and took off running. If he wanted to race, she would show him a race. She was one of the fastest people in the game. She activated her sprint skill and took off, easily catching up to the panda. She scooped him up and carried him on past Evac. "See you there!" She called out.

I saw her flash ahead of me carrying Nix. Well that was unforeseen, I said to myself. She must have a skill that empowers her to run that fast.  "Not fair." I said while laughing, even though I knew she could not hear me. I was making good time, and I can run pretty fast in real life but this game was a different story. I guess I was the rotten egg in this scenario. Hek, even Nix beat me there, and Red Pandas are slow!! By the time I caught up I was out of breath and they were sitting down. Manta was still holding the smug little bear as he gazed up at her. "Whered you get that skill M?" I asked as I sat down.

Manta hugged the little panda bear closer, finding the smug expression on his face to be extremely cute. She was standing by a small café near the teleport. They had certainly run a long way. "It's not an extra skill or anything. If you go into your heads up display and go to your skills, it should be right there. It lets you sprint and do acrobatics." She explained. She would show him some cool flips or something, but she was to busy rubbing the panda bears stomach.

"I had wonderd what that was." I decided to try it, I tried doing a backflip. I got about 3 feet in the air, and things were going good at fist, but then I fell face first onto the snow covered ground. "Owowow. Thats a good way ta wake up." I laughed and lookes at Manta. "Well Im done with that for today! Order what you want." I sat down again after my failed the stunt. I never really was athletic in the first place.

Manta set the panda bear down a little sadly, watching as Evac attempted a flip. She smiled and leapt up into the air, flipping three times in the air before gracefully landing on her feet. "The skill makes it pretty easy." She explained, before heading into the café and ordering a black coffee. It arrived a few moments later, and she sipped it slowly, enjoying the heat.