[PP-F1] Life Can Be Boaring (Complete)

Keiragi made his way slowly across the bridge, walking away from the city towards the field. He paused about mid across, eyeing the opposite side with a set jaw. His right hand slowly closed into a tight fist, remember the events that had happened thus far. He was hesitant to move forward but forced himself, not for his own needs, but for what he needed to do for his friends. After he was across and on the edge of the field, he casted a slight glance over his shoulder with a sigh. “Alright.. time to put things into perspective.” He continued forward until he saw a lone boar standing in the middle of the field. His head tipped looking at the monster for a moment, as his hand moved behind his back drawing his straight sword free its scabbard. Kei spun the sword around himself slicing  at the air a few times, allowing it to come to his side afterwards. His eyes shut allowing a long breath out through his mouth, trying to clear his mind.

(Boar’s post)
The Boar wondered around the area, giving a snort every so often. the creature soon turned around seeing the focusing player in front of it. Giving another snort it moved slowly in Keiragi’s direction, though it seemed more interested in looking for food on the ground then the player at the moment. At some point in its path it stopped once more, looking up towards Keiragi snorting once more. Like the creature was taunting the man, in some boarish ways?

Edited by Keiragi

Keiragi eyes slowly opened, focusing intently on the boar. His weight shifted slightly moved towards the Boar, stopping just before striking distance. He slowly took a low stance, bring the sword horizontal with his body. Quickly he took a few steps forward, before bring out a slash in a swiping motion out at the boar’s body. He was taken back for a moment seeing the hit land, it was more of shock than anything, but he quickly centering himself, as he righted his weapon once more.

Though to his amazement the boar cried out, before shattering into a bunch of a small and bright shapes, scattering outwards from where the boar was, as it vanished from sight. Kei’ casted a glance towards the sword, then back towards where the boar stood, then back towards his sword once more. “Well.. that was a little too easy.” Taking a few steps back falling back on his rear, with a sigh. “I think I may rest here a moment then.” He muttered, as he looked upwards towards the sky.

ID# 40648 BD=10  MB: 1
Keiragi: 4/4
Energy: 1/1

Boar: 0/4

After a few moments had passed Kei pushed himself up to his feet once more. “Lets see if I can do this again.” He spun the sword around in his hand, looking for yet another target. Quickly spotting another boar towards his right. “Alright let's try this once more.” He quickly move towards the new boar, bring his sword in an downward slicing motion towards the boar’s body. But the this boar seemed not to be as dumb as the last, as it moved out of the way of the swing in a meandering type motion. Kei’s gaze quickly shifted towards the direction of the boar seeing it ready to attack himself in kind.

ID# 40665 BD: 4, MOB: 3

Keiragi 4/4
  Energy 1/1

Boar 4/4

(Boar's Post)

The boar howled at the player, as it dragged its hooves across the ground looking like it was getting ready to charge. The creature lowered its head as it pushed off quickly towards Keiargi, wanting to cause him harm. But as fate would have it this boar’s depth perception was rather off as it completely charge past the player smashing its head into a nearby rock. The boar wavered on its feet as it currently must have been seeing stars.  

ID# 40668 BD: 8 MOB: 1 

Keiragi 4/4
  Energy 1/1

Boar 4/4

Edited by Keiragi

Kei blinked a few times watching the boar charge past him, he slowly turned eyeing the creature with a puzzled look. “Well..” He slowly walked over to boar, bright his sword across in a quickly slice to try and strike it. Though to his dismay the boar staggered out of the way of his slice. “Of all the..” he stopped himself as the boar staggered slightly more before finally stopping. “It would be my luck..my attack would miss and it is still staggered. He brought his sword up once more, readying himself for the boars next attack. One of the two of them should hit sooner or later..

ID# 40757 BD: 4  MOB: 3

Keiragi 4/4
  Energy 1/1

Boar 4/4

(Boar’s post)

The Boar’s head shook as it finally came to, with a howl. The boar turned quickly on its feet charging for player once more. Though this time it was able to land its hit sending Keiragi backwards in a roll from the blow. With a howl of victory it reared its head up, as it scraped his hovels along the ground preparing itself, for yet another attack on the player. The creatures knowing it had the player on the ropes showing him who was the boss out here!

ID# 40758 BD: 2 MOB: 9

Keiragi 2/4
  Energy 1/1

Boar 4/4

“GAH!” He shouted as he went rolling backwards away from the boar and its blow. Looking upwards from his back, he narrowed his eyes at the boar. ‘Really.. is this how i’m to end.” His head shook slightly knocking that thought from his head, as he got to his feet shakily. After another moment he moved towards the boar once more, bring his sword in a downwards strike towards the boar once more. But this time the boar the boar parried the blow from the sword. Kei watched as the sword was deflected away, leaving him open for the boars next strike, having a look of worry streak across his face.

ID# 40759 BD: 3 MOB: 1

Keiragi 2/4
  Energy 1/1

Boar 4/4

Roll for Boar ID#40760 MD:7
ID#40761 BD:3 MD:8

I had been fighting a boar myself when I saw a player who looked like he was having quite a bit of trouble so running from my boar I struck at the boar he was fighting and missed majorly knocking over the boar but doing no damage. Its attention then shifted to me and he hit me hard in the face as I was getting up dealing a large gash to my face. The boar that I had ran from stayed on my tail and as I had gotten hit from the first boar he rammed into me as well leaving two holes in my side from the attack. Although I had failed to kill either boar. I did what I had planned to do and that was to take the boar's attention away from the player who seemed to have almost had died. " Hey stay back I will finish them off just get to a safe distance and you can thank me later."

-2 dmg
Coddexx 26/28 [Energy 6/7]
Keiragi 2/4 [Energy 1/1]
Boar 4/4 1 dmg
Boar 4/4 1 dmg

Edited by Coddexx

Kei took a few steps backwards before looking towards the direction of the voice. “Thanks..” He muttered as he back away from the fight. His hand clenched tighter around the sword hilt as he was disappointed in himself to be save by another so soon, maybe he wasn’t ready to do this as much as he thought. His gaze fell to the side a moment, before looking back to the other now fighting both boars at once more. If anything he would get a lesson in combat system in the game and maybe not risk his life.

Coddexx 26/28 [Energy 6/7]
Keiragi 2/4 [Energy 1/1]
Boar 4/4 1 dmg
Boar 4/4 1 dmg

ID#40762 BD:2 MD:7
ID#40763 MD:7

Trying to get up from the two boar's attacks I felt quite disoriented as I got up and missed when I tried to hit the boars. Regaining my footing and taking two more hits from the boar I was able to distance myself and take a deep breath. My mitigation was keeping me safe but I remember when I was in the other players place I had almost died on my first hunting trip. I barely got out with one health point. Readying my blade Silverlight I prepared myself for another attack from the Boars.

-2 dmg
Coddexx 24/28 [Energy 5/7]

Keiragi 2/4 [Energy 1/1]
Boar 4/4 1 dmg
Boar 4/4 1 dmg

Edited by Coddexx

His eyes watched the movements of the two boars closer, seeing how he was at the distance. His he waved the sword around idly at his side, wanting to get back into the fight but he wanted to wait for the right moment.. and well he had to face it he was still learning things with this game.. despite his life and others being on the line at one mistake. “I need to learn to fight these things..” He muttered to himself, as he grew more and more irritated at himself and the situation. He has lead raid guild against far harder foes.. he would not let this stop him. "When you have an opening move.. one of these two are mine.." he shouted towards the other man.. yup there was his determination showing.. 

Coddexx 24/28 [Energy 5/7]
Keiragi 2/4 [Energy 1/1]
Boar 4/4 1 dmg
Boar 4/4 1 dmg

Edited by Keiragi

ID#40765  BD:2 MD:1
ID#40766 MD:5

I readied myself for an attack but right before I was going to strike I was rushed by the two boar I was able to jump out of the wat at the last moment taking no damage but I lost my chance to strike when they ran past me. I know I should've killed them by now but I haven't been able to hit the blasted boar. I don't know why. Maybe it was the me being out of breath from running after the one that had almost killed the player over there. I took a deep breath determined to hit these Boar

Coddexx 24/28 [Energy 4/7]

Keiragi 2/4 [Energy 1/1]
Boar 4/4 1 dmg
Boar 4/4 1 dmg

Edited by Coddexx

He cursed under his breath, wanting to jump back in and help the person. But he couldn’t.. If he threw away his life away that easy, the what good was it to leave the starting town. So there was only one thing he could do is wait and let the more experienced person finish something he couldn’t. Though Kei was hating himself at this point that it was almost better he did not get back into the fight, his buttons were pressed in all the wrong ways, though not like he could do anything about it as this point. If he was not so naive to think he could have handled this starting out on his own, he wouldn't be in this spot... 

ID#40767 BD:6 MD:7
ID#40768 MD:6 -1 =5 (miss)

After centering myself I raised Silverlight above my head charging my sword art 'Fell Crescent'. My blade was consumed with a deep purple glow as it charged and when the two boar were in distance I took one step forward and brought down my blade hard in a great purple crescent moon splitting each boar in half and then I stood there as they burst into thousands of pixels and faded away in the wind. I then walked over to the player I had saved and said
" Hey sorry about stealing your kill. I knew you probably had it covered but I didn't want to even risk seeing someone die while I could have done something to stop it. " I reached out my hand " My name is Coddexx what's yours" 

-1 dmg
Coddexx 23/28 [Energy 3/7]

Keiragi 2/4 [Energy 1/1]
-4dmg each
Boar 0/4 1 dmg DEAD

Boar 0/4 1 dmg DEAD

Edited by Coddexx

Keiragi watched the man dispatch the two boars, before making his way over towards himself. He eyed the man a moment holding back the sneering expression, not so much at the man but being angry with himself. “Thanks..” His hand lifted to meet Coddexx’s hand in a firm shake. “Keiragi, though most call me Kei.” His other hand moving to slip his sword, back to its resting place on his back. “I took care of one easily.. but when you came up, that one was giving myself trouble.” His shoulders lifted in a shrug. “Just the luck of the draw I guess.” He wouldn’t admit it but he was more thankful for the save, then he let on. “So why are you down on the lowest floor? Someone with your level seems like they should be on a higher floor.” His arms moving to fold across his chest loosely.

Edited by Keiragi

ID#40770  LD:16
"Kei I like it." I thought running the name through my mind. " I was down here grinding boar for their tusks. I use them for potions. I was running low on materials so I went on a little hunting trip. Down here they do a lot of damage." I said sheathing Silverlight. " Also I actually am not that high of leveled. I'm only Lvl 7. I actually just got my stats high enough to safely make my way around floor two without worrying much."  I looked around on the ground to see if there was any materials that I could use. I found a small blue flower that could be used in some sort of a health potion and added it to my inventory.

+3 health regen
Coddexx 26/28 < 1/3 Energy Regen>
+1 Material

Edited by Coddexx

He nodded slightly, allowing his gaze to scroll along the field for a moment. “Mm.. I suppose they do someone as low as myself.” Keiragi’s hand lifted to run along his chin slightly in thought. “The I take it they have these lower floor set up to be group with someone for a bit.” He muttered out loud in idle thought. “Or was I just that unlucky?” He added at the end as he spoke in thought out loud. “Oh Judging by the look of the gear I figured you were from higher floors than just one floor above this.” He paused a moment, looking towards the weapon on the man’s back, having another question come to mind. “Any tips for triggering sword arts? Assuming that is what you did to clear the boars.” He had a thousand and one questions running through his mind at the moment, but he would not overwhelm someone he had just met.  His hand from from his chin, opening the menu screen. “I also assume there are a few quests around that I could handle?” As he spoke, he scrolled downwards towards the map tapping on it.

+3 Health Regen
Keiragi 4/4

ID#40874  LD:8
"About the sword art, I figured out how to use them not to long ago." I pulled out Silverlight and held up behind my head. It started to glow a deep purple. " What I'm doing now is charging the sword art. All you need to do is calm your mind and focus on the name of the sword art and what you need to do. Which is fairly easy since the name usually reflects what it does." I swung my sword through the air in a downward swoop forming a crescent motion in the air. " See? The name of the art was Fell Crescent so it makes quite a bit of sense." I sheathed my sword once more. " You'll have to wait until you're higher level so you can actually use them because each sword art costs energy. The amount of energy you have is the same as your level." I looked around where we were trying to find any more materials but found nothing of use. " And I don't have all the answers but feel free to ask away I love helping anyone and answering questions. I ask a lot myself. It's one of the best ways to learn."

Coddexx 28/28 <2/3 Energy Regen>

Edited by Coddexx

Kei listened and watched the explanation of how sword arts work. Giving a nod he turned his attention back to his menu screen, performing a few quick motions of his hand. Finally he stopped on the screen showing his sword skill and the unlocked sword arts thus far. “Well according to my screen I should be able to perform at least one of two different ones, before having to rest for energy.” With a soft hum in thought he looked a little further through the list, before moving back to the top to double check, if there were only two arts he could perform. ‘Slant and Vertical’ he repeated several times to himself, mentally. “Well only way to know if these work if I try them..” Kei finally perked up after being lost to his own devices. He took a few steps away from Coddexx to make sure not to hit him, he rather liked going back into town at the moment. His hand lifted upwards, moving behind his back to draw his sword from its resting place. He let out a long breath, trying ro relax himself, as the sword came to rest at his side.

After a few more moments of focusing himself, his right foot slid backwards, at the same time he brought the blade up allowing it to rest horizontal with his body, Kei’s other hand moved outwards stopping about midway on the length of the blade. Not long after he took his stance, his blade started to glow a reddish color. The moment the blade was glowing the brightest, it finally clicked with him. Kei stance shifted as he brought the sword upwards, then back down quickly at a diagonal slice, a faint red trail followed the attack. After it was all said and done, he blinked a few times, before standing straight, allowing his hand to move behind him once more, slipping his sword back into its resting spot. “Well if it was that easy I would have used it before.” His hand moved to rub the back his head, with a slight chuckle

Seeing Kei get the hang of the few sword arts that he had a smile came to my face. I hadn't used sword arts until I was almost Lvl five. Impressed by how fast he had caught on I thought that he showed a lot of potential. "Give it a bit of time and you'll be able to slice through the hardest foes without worry" I started to head back toward the town of beginnings. "Come on let's head back and call it a day. I can answer any other questions you have. " I thought that it was safe to call it a day and just discuss questions that Kei may have. I had always been prone to answer questions and ask them as well. I was glad that I was starting to get much more knowledgeable on the mechanics of the game and how the system works. "So what are some of the questions that are bouncing around in your mind?" 

Edited by Coddexx