[OP-F1] Shy Boy

Sakura had been walking down the busy streets of Aincrad, with a look of insecurity. She never had a thing for people, and this many was almost enough to drive her insane. She was very shy and antisocial after all...

The pinkette shyly clutched her sword as she awkwardly walked through the road. Then spotted someone who was standing alone, looking at everyone else, clearly not enjoying the amount of people before his eyes.

She made her way up to him, keeping her distance slightly. She blushed and looked at the floor, not daring to say a word.

Darius had been wandering throughout the Town of Beginnings. He was browsing shops idly, looking for something useful to buy. He; however, found nothing. He didn't expect as much since it was a place for beginners, but thought he might take a look anyhow. He walked down the street, his sword clanking at his side, and his buckler strapped to his arm. As he walked, he noticed two people standing on the street, looking awkward and out of place being all alone as there were plenty of groups of friends around them.

He stopped walking as he got an equal distance between the two; then turned to face them. "You two, rather than stand around, how about we go fight some boar. It is the least you two can do," Darius said, eyeing them critically, a neutral look on his face. He didn't have a problem of helping lower levels as long as he got experience too.

Darius eyed the two's exchange before finally chipping in. "You know, the only way to get anywhere in this game is initiative. Either you are the first to get to an area to clear it of monsters or you lose out and are left behind. Forwarding the idea, are we going or not? Im sure it will be a good bonding time for you two to get along as we get EXP," Darius turned before awaiting their answer and started to slowly walk off down the street, to see if they would follow or not.

"Good enough," Darius said observing the guy kill the boar, nodding to himself with an even look. Evidently it was his first kill by the vibe he was giving off. "Now, that was a simple boar. You've got plenty more to go. We can go train farther away in the fields so no one can bug us as much. I will keep you two protected as you learn the knack of combat," Darius said, turning to continue walking farther out into the fields. The monsters here would fall like flies to a fly swatter to him so it would be easy to pull these two out of a predicament.

[Note]

"I'm sure you'll learn eventually, miss. All it takes is a little determination and hard work and I'm sure you'll be come a boar slayer in no time. You can practice all you want, I can keep you both safe," Darius said matter-of-factly, as he continued walking into the plains, a neutral look on his face as he looked up to the shining sun.

"Hmph. You shouldn't leave yourself behind. If you let go of your identity, you let go of yourself. Darius Verand, is my name. Real and User," Darius said as they crested a hill. Beyond it was a large field that stretched for as far as the eye can see. He scanned it, seeing how there were boars scattered here and there in singles. It would be easy for the other two to train there.

"Alright. I will show you the jist of things then you can get started," Darius said, slowly walking down the hill, drawing his longsword as he neared the closest boar.

"N-No.. my real name i-is Aria.." she mumbled with a light blush. Then she saw a field full of beast-like boars. She shriveled.

But then she heard Darius speak. "A-Alright. I'll try m-my best!" she exclaimed enthusiastically. Last time she had exclaimed was when she first heard of the SAO game in the real world.

Darius made it to the bottom of the hill, a boar not to far away. He had entered its aggro-area and the boar turned to face him. It stood its ground, snorting and pawing the dirt beneath it. Darius smiled wolfishly. "It's time to ring the hell bell," Darius said, turning his buckler horizontally before he hit it once with the hilt of his sword, a metallic 'bang' echoing from it infused with the 'Howl' ability to draw the boar's aggro and make it charge him.

The boar's eyes flashed red, aggro'd from 'Howl'. it squealed and charged at him, lowering its head and jutting its tusks out. Darius dropped to one knee, holding his shield firmly in place. It had been a long time since he had fought boars. They seemed strong, but now they would be nothing to him. He prepared to take the hit with a growl as his face turned into an angry sneer.

[1]- The boar is strong enough to be able to push Darius back a few feet from its charge, then locking into a stalemate for no counter attack.

[2-8]- Darius stops the boar dead in its tracks, leaving a small chance for a follow-up attack.

[9-10]- Darius stops the boar dead in its tracks, then is strong enough to push it back with the shield, making it stagger and leaving a large amount of time for a counter attack.

Darius held fast against the boar, stopping it in its tracks. It paused momentarily as it shook its head from the feel of the impact. Darius, taking his chance would charge 'Vorpal Strike'; which allowed him to deal twice the damage at twice the distance; as his blade glowed crimson. He stood, and with a roar, swung at the boar, activating 'Vorpal Strike' while doing a vertical swing.

[1]- The boar dodges sideways, dodging the vertical swing.

[2-8]- Darius strikes the boar, dealing six damage and killing it.

[9-10]- Darius strikes the boar for a critical, dealing twelve damage and over-killing it.

Boar: 5/5

Darius: 15/15

[Level 1 things only have 5 HP, like these boars. Since I am level six, I will do significantly increased damage to them and they will have a much lower chance of dodging/doing damage to me. This applies to higher levels that face low-level monsters. It is vice versa if low levels face high level monsters. Since you will be on par with you enemy; because you started this RP at level 1 and have simply done other RPs to level up before finishing this one; your battle parameters should go like:

[1-4]- Enemy dodges

[5-8]- Normal Hit

[9-10]- Critical hit

It doesn't always have to be like that though. You can replace those for any number of combinations or effects, it just matters of what you want to try to happen and if the dice like you that day.]

The crimson glowing blade sailed through the air towards the boar. The animal didn't get away nearly in time and was easily cleaved in half by the blow, shattering into pixels. Darius' face went from an angry sneer to oddly neutral. He turned to look at the other two. "See, that's all there is to it. You both can try now. I will make sure to protect you," Darius said, nodding to himself.

• 3 weeks later...

Sakura's body started to shake nervously and her palms soon began sweaty. But if she wanted to get out of here alive, she knew that she would have to face her fears and be strong. "I'll.go.." she said emotionlessly before taking a quick breath and charging at the boar with great speed, almost tripping over from her clumsy nature, but she got a hold of her balance and attempted to slash at the monster.. she was anxious about what she would get..

Result: 2 (Miss)

She cried out as she tripped over and fell on her stomach. She gasped before quickly springing back up to her feet and running back to where she originally was.. covering her eyes with her bangs out of sheer embarrassment. Geez, she had no skills at all. What a chicken she was too on top of that!