[PP-F5] Fetch Quest <<The Traveler>> (Calrex)

As Calrex informed her that the desert's conditions were only going to get worse, she said nothing. She simply reached on the back of her cloak and pulled up her hood. Which had covered most of her head, leaving a few strands of her hair out. She continued to walk behind him, scanning their surroundings for good use of shelter. Only to be met with the sight of the rushing winds in the distance. She simply frowned and continued to walk. She looked back up at Calrex when he began speaking to her. "Oh, don't worry about me. Take a little more then some sand to drive me off." She replied trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Heh, I appreciate the enthusiasm. It's more than just the sand though. It's also strengthened heat conditions and such. I think it's to help prepare for the Guardian of Fire quest on the ninth floor. In any case, we'll play it by ear for now once we find som..."

Looking left one more time Calrex looked and saw a cave that seemed to prove suitable for shelter, directing Vayrin towards it, "Looks like that should keep us safe and out of sight of any monsters in the area for the night."

Entering inside the bluenette kept a grip on the sword strapped to the back of his hip, looking left and right as he stepped inside. Luckily enough he was able to confirm no monsters were resting inside before the sun dropped low enough that light no longer permeated the interior, "Alright, go ahead and get ready to rest. I'll keep watch for the night. Once the sun comes up again tomorrow we'll get right on looking for the cargo."

Removing his sword and sheath from its place on his avatar Calrex rested it against the wall of the cave, sitting down next to it as he quickly checked outside.

Vayrin followed Calrex into the large sad stone cave. She observed it for a moment as well as Calrex to make sure nothing was sleeping inside it. Her hand had been placed on her sword hilt in case something decided to jump out at them. After they had confirmed it was a safe place to be, Calrex had told her to get some rest. At this, she raised an eyebrow and decided to interject. "Oh, don't let me be completely useless." She told him. "You've done a lot for me already, so let me take watch." She said a gain, hoping Calrex would take her up on the offer. It was true that she was just a burden to him since she couldn't really be helpful. This would change that, a little at least.

"Heh, not at all. How about we take shifts? I'll take the first half of the night and you'll take the second, that way we both get a good amount of sleep before heading off."

With a smile Calrex gave a nod as he began to scan the outside of their location. As he had guessed, by this time the sun had gone down beneath the horizon line, with the moon now making its way towards its apex. It seemed the night was going to go by faster than he had guessed, but time was generally relative to the floor's theme. If someone wanted an eternal night, the tenth of thirteenth floors might be suitable. Constant daytime was not discovered just yet, but the bluenette would guess the closest would be the fifth floor.

Resting his sword and sheath in his lap the Ultramarine Knight crossed his legs, continuing to look out at the expanse. "Once tomorrow comes around I hope we can find this thing as fast as possible so that we can complete the quest. I wouldn't want to keep her out here longer than what would be safe."

After that, Vayrin figured that it was a fair deal. "All right. Fair enough." She told him as she walked towards the back of the cave. She sat down, still having her sword resting against her back. She simply pulled the hood lower over her face, and leaned against the wall of the large cave. "Wake me when the moon has reached the end of it's climb." She told Calrex, referring to midnight. At that, she slowly closed her eyes as her arms were crossed against her chest. A few minutes later, she had started to breath lighter, and had fallen asleep. Hoping to find their cargo soon.

Calrex gave a nod as he gave a calming breath. As he confirmed that his teammate had fallen asleep he returned back to his shift, watching the outside for any signs of movement. "It's times like this I wish I still had my Reveal skill. With the skill mods release and its conversion of some skills into mods I ended up losing a few abilities. I was able to regain some, but from what I can tell Sprint and Acrobatics is far out of my reach unless I decide to spend my last skill slot taking up light armor, which seems a bit of a waste. In any case, at least some of the mods I've taken seem to be pretty formidable."

As he was lost in his thoughts eventually enough time had passed as the bluenette saw the moon beginning to make its way back down, "Guess my shift is up."

Walking over he nudged Vayrin on the shoulder, "Alright, looks like its time to switch. Let me know if anything comes up."

Moving over to a comfortable corner of the cave he leaned his back against the wall, crossing his arms as he gave a long exhale, "Let's just hope things will go smoothly tomorrow."

"Hmm..?" Vayrin opened her eyes slowly to see the familiar figure of her companion nudging her. "Right..." She replied to him. She gave out a tired yawn, and stretched out her arms and stood up. Giving her cloak a few pats to get the dust from the cave's floor off. She nodded at Calrex, and turned to the mouth of the desert cave. She pulled out her blade from it's sheath. She gave it a few playful swings, preparing her arm in case she needed to do anything. After which, she sat down against the entrance, still holding her blade out.

A few hours of quiet passed by, until once again the sun's hot glow could be seen on the edge of the floor. Vayrin looked over at it, and gave a sigh of relief. Nothing had happened during the night. Vayrin quietly stood up again, stretching her legs. She walked to the back of the cave and leaned down beside Calrex. Shaking his shoulder gently to wake him up. "All quiet, nothing to report." She said smiling.

"All quiet? Awesome..."

Hearing Vayrin give him the current situation Calrex opened his eyes, getting to his feet as he gave a quick stretch, "Alright, we'd best get a move on. Hopefully when we get to the area we need to be the weather will have lightened up a bit."

Exiting out of the cave the bluenette looked in the direction of the place the cargo should be hidden, giving a calming breath as he gave a nod to the purple-haired player, "Alright, if you're all set let's get moving. Be careful though. From here on out the weather is going to be a bit harsh. Without the skill you get from this quest if you falter in your focus you'll likely incur some damage. So keep your eyes peeled, because once we get the drop we'll need to get out of this area as quick as possible."

OOC: From here on out we'd best do the environment condition in the quest thread. Roll for your CD, and if its a 1 you incur 10 HP damage.

For searching for the cargo we'll use out of combat rules, so a result of 15 and up will find the cargo.

ID#: 44287

CD: 12 [No environmental damage taken]

Vayrin nodded knowingly as Calrex spoke to her about the conditions they were about to enter. She swung her weapon back into it's sheath as she followed him out of the cave. She pulled the hood back over her head as she followed him again. As the two continued to walk, she could feel the air getting significantly hotter and dryer as it had been before. Vayrin tried to not let it bother her, she just pushed harder through the wind, as she observed the two's surroundings looking for the lost cargo buried somewhere in this desert...

Although they had been in the supposed right area, she still couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in the seemingly endless wastes...

ID: 44292
Craft Dice: 11 (Disregarded Due to Survival)
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11

"Hm...still nothing yet. This is definitely going a bit slower than the past trips have been."

As he continued moving Calrex scanned the area, but it seemed that even with his <<Search and Detect>> skills he was unable to determine if there was any hint of the cargo, "Still nothing so far. How are you holding up?"

The sands and heat were present in the area, but since he had the <<Survival>> skill from the very quest they were undertaking, the environment was not getting to him one bit, "So the only place that had been able to get past this still was the eighth floor, but even now that poses no challenge. I guess I really have gotten acclimated to the skill."

Edited by Calrex

ID#: 44303

CD: 3 [No Environmental Damage Taken]

LD: 16 [Cargo Found!]

As the two continued to travel across the dunes, Vayrin continued to scan their surroundings. The heat had by now had been irritating her a bit, but not enough to slow her yet. The sun did not look like it was going to let up anytime soon though, so she just continued to try and focus. Hoping it wasn't getting to Calrex either. By now a strong wind had picked up, blowing the sand around them. The air was a little hazy due to the sand flurry, but their line of sight was still visible. As she continued to walk up another large dune, she noticed a oddly colored object in the distance, have covered by the sand. She stopped walking and squinted, trying to get a clearer look at it. It seemed to be half of a box buried in the dune's wastes. her eyes widened when she realized this must be what they were looking for! "Hey, Calrex! I think I found it!" She yelled at her companion, still squinting at the object lying dormant in the distance...

"Hm?"

Looking over in the direction of the object Vayrin was pointing towards Calrex saw the same object the purple-headed girl had spotted, "Heh, I think that's it! Let's grab it and get out of this area."

Walking in the direction of the item he bent down, dusting off the top of the crate as he lifted it out of the sand, blowing away the rest, "Yeah, this looks exactly like what we're looking for."

Turning to face his teammate he gave a smile and a nod, "Alright, with that done all we need to do is head back to town and drop this off with the NPC that we initiated the quest from, and from where you should have the quest completed and gain the Survival skill. With it the environment should have any negative effects on you from now on, and you'll actually recover more health out of battle than before, nearby double the amount over time."

ID#: 44339

CD: 7 [No Environmental Damage Taken]

As they trudged through the sand to the location of the object, Calrex confirmed it was the cargo they had been looking for after pulling it out. Vayrin smiled when she heard the news. The faster they had gotten out of the desert, the better. Calrex went on to inform her what the reward for the quest meant, and to her, it sounded extremely useful. "Really? That sounds like a very valuable skill to have..." She told him, staring down at the container. Assuming he was rigght, she could put it to very good use as soon as she obtained it. Vayrin was about to thank him, but thought it would be better until they were out of the desert,  and safe back at the town of Armadillo to do so. "Well then, let's get this back to the NPC at the town."

"It is very useful. It removes something that you would normally need to worry about when spending an extended time out in the field zones. But in any case, yeah, let's get back to the settlement so that you can complete the quest."

Oddly enough, it seemed to take a lesser amount of time to return to Armadillo from where they were than it took to get to the cargo's spawning zone. It wasn't long before the familiar sandstone structures came into view as Calrex gave a sigh of relief. Now that they were out of the more hazardous area, it seemed that the immediate threat was gone for now.

"From here things should be smooth sailing. Once we get inside the NPC should be in the same place you met her first, so all you need to do is drop off the box and the quest will be complete."

Soon, the two returned to the familiar town of Armadillo. The large sandstone buildings were not far off from their current position when Calrex spoke to Vayrin again. She nodded as he gave her the instructions, and decided now was as good as any to thank him. "Thanks again, for your help." She said. "I mean, I doubt every front liner would be willing to take out a few days of their time just to help a low level like me." Vayrin sat there for a moment and began thinking. A few moments later she had her menu opened and was sending a trading request to Calrex. For 1000 Col. "I know it's probably not much, but this is my way of thanking you for your help. Especially when you didn't need to."

"Heh, well don't sell yourself short. GIve yourself a good amount of time and experience, and you'll be a frontliner as well. It's not like we're a exclusive group."

Calrex gave a smile as he listened to Vayrin express his thanks, keeping his hands in his jacket pockets as he watched her swipe on the menu, looking in surprise to see that she had put out a trade request, giving him 1000 col. "You sure? I mean, if you insist, I guess I can't turn it down huh?"

Accepting the trade he gave a nod, "Well, in any case feel free to sent me a message if you're in need of assistance in any other quests. I still get experience from them, although not nearly as much as they would be the first time. But hopefully that Survival skill comes in handy for you. There's a few others that can be taken, sort of, in a chain, that way the items you gain from them can be used towards the one immediately after."

Looking down at his menu the bluenette made note of the time, "In any case, I'd best get a move on. I'll catch you around Vayrin."

Turning and giving a friendly wave to his teammate the Ultramarine Knight headed for the teleportation circle, "I wonder what Teayre's up to now? Maybe I'll stop by the Amethyst Boutique and see if she's all caught up on her orders."

Vayrin smiled as Calrex accepted her thanks. "Yeah, that's the plan anyways. I have a promise to keep..." Vayrin looked down for a moment, as she said that. her expression changing to serious as she thought about her encounter with another high level on the 3rd floor. She quickly shook the thought though and returned to the present when Calrex told her that he'd help her again if she needed it. "Really? Thanks, I'll be sure to message you if I need it." She said happily to his statement.

As Calrex turned and waved at her, she gave a small wave back. She smiled as she went back into her menu. "And one step closer.." She spoke to herself as she turned back, and started walking towards the quest NPC...

[Quest Completed!]

Player Rewards

Vayrin: 200 Col. +2 SP [Skill Unlocked: Survival]

Calrex: 200 Col. +1 SP