[PP-F5] A needle in a Desert <<The Traveller>> (Manta Gaul) <Complete>

If there's any season Nobuyuki hate most, it would be winter. The chilling cold that bite down your spine. The snowing blinding you from what's ahead. So naturally, he needed some place to hide from the chilling wind. So the warrior came to the fifth floor, where the sun shone bright and hot on the barren wasteland. The desert is unforgiving for whomever unfortunate to get lost in it. So Nobuyuki stay relatively close to town when he wanted to farm for cols or mat. Then, an event came to his path. Walking down the street of the Armadillo City, he encountered an NPC. She seemed sick, and a question mark floating on her head. When she was confronted, she requested Nobuyuki with a task of reacquire a lost cargo in the barren desert. She was too sick to pick up the task by herself, so she need help from someone. Gladly, Nobuyuki took on the quest to find this lost cargo. 

"It's been... One hour... Where is this darn thing?" Nobuyuki groaned as he continued to stroll through the desert. The heat is killing him, and even though he wanted to took off his coat, out here, taking off your protective armor mean's death. "Kayaba... why do you make this game.... so realistic?" Nobuyuki felt a sense of regret now, that he have step foot out in this desert. The cold is one thing, but this heat, was the worst yet. Then, a gust of wind blew by. The wind was hotter than the usual ones, but nonetheless, it still helped Nobuyuki someone. Clearing the sand that blown into his eyes, he saw a figure coming from afar, a girl in white.

ID: 41543

CD: 2

Edited by CaptainUndead

Meanwhile Manta was thinking to herself how unrealistic this game was. Here she was, traipsing through the desert in her leather armor with her rapier, with a good bit of skin exposed. Not even a sunburn. She was glad that she had taken the Traveler quest before deciding to farm materials out here, other wise she might be in trouble. The sands on this floor  could damage if you didn't have it. She looked up to see a lone figure walking through the sand. She had no idea what he was doing out there, but she was more than happy to help if he needed it, so she started to walk over to him, raising a hand in greeting.

Nobuyuki narrowed his eyes and look toward the direction of the girl coming towards him, waving her hands. She seemed friendly, and she wasn't an orange player. He took a gamble that she is not hostile as he approach the girl with white hair. "Hello there." He greeted once both have met. Have nothing more to say, he shielded himself from the sands in the wind. Nobuyuki hope that the girl won't be much of a threat to him, nor does she have any intents to murder him. She seemed like a good person, but still, he kept his guard on high alert, for looks can be deceiving at times.

ID: 41588

CD: 4

Edited by CaptainUndead

Manta approached the player, walking beside him and ignoring the sand that flew through the air. She smiled. "So, what'cha doing? I'm Manta by the way." She said, holding a hand out and introducing herself. She had never seen this player before, but he didn't look to be an extremely high level, so odds were that he wouldn't be able to hurt her if he tried, meaning that she could be completely at ease around him.

CD: (Exempt, <<Survival>> Activated)

"My name is Tobi. Nice to meet you Manta" Nobuyuki nodded, shook Manta's hand. He continued with her questions. "I've accepted a quest to find a lost cargo out here in the desert. But the thing is, its like finding a needle in the hay stack. It's impossible to." He exclaimed, looking around at the desert. The place is a wasteland, and its really hard to find something that small in a place this big. He was trying to think of a way. Maybe, he could ask Manta for help.

ID: 41590

CD: 11

Edited by CaptainUndead

Manta smiled as Tobi stated how finding this cargo would be almost impossible. That was what most people thought, but thankfully they were wrong. "It's not actually that difficult. If the quest was that hard no one would ever find it. The quests mechanics work like this. You gout in the desert and travel for a day or so. At the end of that time the box will spawn ahead of you just within sight. As long as you have the quest accepted it will work out perfectly." She explained.

"So all I need to do is roaming the desert for a day? Fare enough." Nobuyuki shrugged. Even though he's capable of hanging on in the hot desert all day, It's going to get a little lonely, not to mention dangerous, since he didn't know what lies beneath the sand. There could be sand sharks, or giant scorpion. Anyway, he wouldn't risk it. "Um.... This might be a little shuttle to ask, but could you maybe party up with me for a day. If you're busy, that's completely fine." Nobuyuki asked awkwardly. He didn't know how to ask someone to spent a day with him roaming around. 

ID: 41699

CD: 11

Edited by CaptainUndead

Manta continued to smile. She disliked the fifth floor, and the heat and the sand, but she could never turn down someone asking for help. Plus, she knew how boring this quest could be. It had been boring and she hadn't even gone on it alone. "Yeah, no problem Tobi. I don't have anything to do anyway, and youll probably die from boredom if you do this by yourself." The desert itself wasn't actually all that dangerous if you knew what you were doing.

"Yeah... after the desert buried me alive." Nobuyuki thought, smiling awkwardly. "Well, I suppose we started going then." He suggested, walking toward the north. Wandering aimlessly with his newly found companion, there was a long awkward moment of silence. He doesn't know what to do, and it's killing him inside, while heat fro the desert killing him in the outside. Walking for a while, both encountered a scorpion. Not the normal type that's as large as a human palm, this one is nearly twice his size. "Hey look, something to do." Nobuyuki sighed in relief, drew his sword from his back and get ready to fight. "How about you go first." He told Manta, half want to see how strong is she, with her gear and all. 

ID: 41700

CD: 6

CaptainUndead: 40/40 HP [Energy: 10/10]

Manta: 130/130 HP [Energy: 30/30]

VS

Giant Scorpion: 50/50 HP | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5

Edited by CaptainUndead

Manta watched as Tobi pointed to a gigantic scorpion in the distance. She got the feeling that she was being tested, even before he spoke, after he told her to go first she was certain of it. She unsheathed her darkened rapier and charged the creature, her charge skill granting her extra damage. She activated Neutron, and stabbed into the giant scorpion five times, killing it swiftly and easily. She hadn't even needed to use her strongest sword art. "Like I said, this place isn't dangerous at all."

ID# 41675 results:

Battle: 8 Hit! (15x1x5=75-5=70DMG)

Loot: 13

Manta: 125/125 HP [Energy: 25/30] (-5)

VS

Giant Scorpion: -20/50 HP | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 DEADED (250 col, 1 mat)

Nobuyuki was shocked. She completely obliterated the scorpion in less than one Sword Art. "She must be roughly twenty level ahead of me. That's crazy damages." He thought, slowly approached Manta. He's glad that she's not an orange player, since she could easy erase him from existence, metaphorically and literally. "You seemed like you're really strong. I mean, you one shot them like it was easy." He told Manta, looking at her. 

ID: 41701 

CD: 3

Edited by CaptainUndead

Manta smiled a little embarrassed. She hadn't even used half of her strength and he was already impressed. She didn't mention that though, as she didn't want to sound like she was bragging. That was something that she didn't want at all. "I'm a frontliner, so i'm incredibly specialized. All of my stats go into damage, so im useless at anything else." She explained as modestly as possible, starting to walk further into the desert.

"So... A glass cannon build. I've heard of a build like such, but most time were given to a player with range, since it's not ideal for a melee player to build a build like such. When you put yourself in the bad spot and risk for being attack." Nobuyuki exclaimed, following Manta. She did mentioned about being in the front line, which would explained how strong she is. "Well, how long would you think that the cargo spawn?" He asked, walking under the hot weather, and the hot wind.

CD: 10

Edited by CaptainUndead
  • 2 weeks later...

"Thats true. But in a game where everyone is melee someone has to be a glass cannon. Plus, all of the mobs are easily aggro'd, so all I need is someone to tank for me." She explained, following after Tobi further into the desert. "I have no clue. It will pop up eventually though." Just then the ground in front of them shook, a gigantic scorpion crawling up from underneath the sand. The last scorpion was nothing compared to this one. This scorpion was almost 5 times the size of the last one. Manta pointed her rapier at the mob and charged forwards, activating her Over Radiation sword art. She stabbed and twirled, hitting the scorpion thirteen times and causing it to burst into crystals. At least she was getting some col on this trip.

ID# 42774 results:

Battle: 6 Hit! (15x13=195-20=175 DMG)

Loot: 19=875 Col

Manta: 125/125 HP [Energy: 25/30] (-5)

VS

Giant Scorpion: 0/175 HP | MIT: 20 DEADED (875 col, 2 mats)

NObuyuki was startled when he saw the monstrosity crawling from out of the sand. Much bigger than the last one both of them had encountered, the Giant Scorpion hissed at the two readied it stinger for an attack. But before Nobuyuki could even grab his sword, Manta has already on the move. With again, only one sword art, she killed the beast before Nobuyuki could even act. One second he thought he encountered a field boss, and the next it was evaporated by Manta. "Can't say I expected that to happen." He stood still, completely amazed by the amount of damage dealt by the girl in silver hair in front of him. Now he's even more glad that he's on her good side, and she's not an orange player.

ID: 42782

CD: 3

Edited by CaptainUndead

Manta sheathed her sword, sighing. They had been out in this desert for a long while already. She really disliked this quest, and hoped that it would be over very soon. "Its been a good while, we should find it soon." She said, starting to walk again, her feet leaving footprints in the sand as she trudged through it. This had to be her least favorite quest. She couldnt even remember going on it, all she knew was that she had the skill, so she had. In all likelyhood the boredome had been so traumatizing that she had blocked it out.

If the monster in this place wouldn't kill both of them, The sun would probably did the job. The heat radiating from the fiery orb in the sky strike fatigue into both of them as they trod through the sand. "I hope so. I'd not last another hour in this frying pan." Nobuyuki shrugged, as he walked along Manta's side. Searching for a what seemed like another hour, Nobuyuki finally saw something just beneath the hill. A brown wooden box covered with white sheet of cloth. No mistake. It is the cargo both has been searching for. He quickly ran down the hill, and examined the cargo. After placing it in his inventory, he turned to Manta standing on the hill and shout aloud, as his voice echoed through the hot desert. "I've found it!" 

ID: 42804

Edited by CaptainUndead

Manta let out a very unenthusiastic cheer as they found the cargo. At least they were nearing the end of this quest. All they had to do now was return to the town so that Tobi couod drop off the cargo. She walked over to him, glancing over the cargo. It didnt look very heavy, so Tovi probably wouldnt have any trouble carrying irlt by himself.

Now, with the cargo has been found, all they need to do now is to returned to town. Which at first sound easy, but without the map or anything to guide their way but their own instinct, it turned from an old and boring task to even  more boring than before. Nobuyuki climbed back up to the sandy hills, and take a look around. He saw the town far up toward the south, laying beyond the horizon. "Alright, now if we go that direction, we should be able to return to town. Let's go!" Nobuyuki said, as he waited for Manta to come with him, as both of them started on their way returning to town. 

ID: 42898

Manta trudged after Tobi. She was usually happy to help people with their quests, but she knew that she was going to have to make an exception for this one. It took a lot of time, and it wasnt like she was getting anything extra from it. Thankfully the trip back would probably take a lot less time than the way there had. "Im right behind you." She called out. If she hurried she wouod have a chance to check on the christmas event.