[PP-F1] Same Ol' Song and Dance ~ Lowenthal

Loreley was spending quite a bit of time at her stage lately, singing nightly, and it was really starting to get a bit of a mess. And so, she had decided to take a night off from performances and simply clean up shop a bit. Sweeping, picking up litter from the crazy crowds, organizing the other instruments that nobody ever actually played. She hoped that someday she might actually be able to have a band in AIncrad, but for now, she was okay with letting the instruments collect dust for now. Perhaps one night soon she'll pick one up and try it out to see if it produced any good results.

As she cleaned, she saw her message notification pop up, and cocked her head as it came from Lowenthal. "Hm?" she pondered aloud as she read over that he had finished her requested dress and was ready to give it to her. Oh, but going all the way to the Eleventh Floor and picking it up just didn't sound like as much fun as it could be. So, Loreley sent him a message back, 'Hello Lowe, thanks for the good news! If you want, go ahead and stop by my stage on the First Floor and we can see how it looks on me. Perhaps with a performance in it? I will be performing all night in it, so we'll have to make sure it holds up!' She nodded and sent the message off, hoping that he'd be okay with the idea.

Lowenthal received a ping back from the lovely Loreley. Lowenthal reread it twice, just to make sure he had read it correctly. Had she offered, a private show. And she had a gig lined up. Lowenthal sent back a message. "Alright, sounds good. On my way then. See you soon." Lowenthal sent the message as he left his shop, and headed into town. He reached the teleportation plaza, and quickly made his way to the first floor. There it was only a matter of retracing his steps to find Loreley's stage.

After finding it, he knocked politely and announced his presence. "Hello. Clothier Delivery Service. One dress, with attached handsome man." Lowenthal said, joking as he walked inside. "Place looks different without people in it." Lowenthal said, nothing our his voiced echoed slightly. Not seeing Loreley anywhere, Lowenthal walked around in place for a little bit. He tapped his foot, and sang softly to himself.

"Now there's only one song - Left in my mind
Tales of a great man - Who lived far from here
Though the Bards songs are over - and it's time to leave
No one should ask you for the name of the one, who tells the story."

Lowenthal turned, and jumped slightly. Just now seeing Lorely. "So, h-how long you been there?" He asked, sheepishly. He held Loreley's dress in his arms. "Oh, hey. Brought this over. And consider it free of charge." lowenthal said. "Anything to help someone with their profession. Even if they're already the master in it." He said, grinning.

Loreley hadn't initially heard the knock and Lowe enter, as she had been off trying to organize a drum set and was rather buried in it. When she had finally emerged from dealing with the instrument that would probably never get used, she looked to find that Lowenthal had already shown up, and had her dress in his hands. She walked over, as he mentioned that it was free of charge, ignoring the question of how long she had been there. It was her stage and she had invited him, how long did he think she had been there? She picked up the dress, and held it up in front of her to look it over. The craftsmanship of it was very elegant and as Lowenthal continued to talk, his words couldn't help but bring a flush to her cheeks. She continued to hold the dress up between them to hide the fact that his comments, somehow, continued to have that effect on her, before the blush faded and she lowered the dress.

"Well then, let me try it on. I'll be back in just a moment. Wait here. I have some recordings on the table if you want to listen to any of my other shows." And with that, she nodded to Lowenthal and headed into the back room to change.

Lowenthal nodded, and walked over to the table and sat down. As he waited, he picked up one of the crystals and looked at it. It was of the 'perfect' quality, and wasn't labeled. Shrugging Lowenthal placed the crystal down, and continued his waiting. He tapped his finger on the table, and then his foot. What was taking her so long. It was just a few swipes on the menu. It wasn't like the real world where she'd have to undress, than redress. Lowenthal sighed, and leaned against the table batting on of the crystals around.

Loreley headed back into the dressing room, and did a few swipes of her menu, switching to the nice black dress that Lowenthal had made. But that wasn't all. No, Loreley had planned this out to become her new ensemble, both on and off stage. She grabbed a feathery looking purple bow, and fastened it to her hair and fixed it up in the mirror with a smile. And then she equipped a nice pair of black leggings to go with her dress and some thigh high black boots. Loreley's left arm had a sleeve while her right arm was bare, and she pulled on a pair of nice black gloves. Finally, she put on a nice purple cloth collar that had a thin scarf-like cloth flowing from it, that waved behind her as she walked and moved. She did a twirl, looking herself over in the mirror, before realizing that she had probably kept poor Lowe waiting bored for quite a while.

Upon this realization, she quickly made her way out and looked to Lowe, who appeared to be bored out of his mind, saying, "Sorry about that! I didn't think I'd get so lost in dressing up!" She did a spin for him once she was sure he was paying attention and cocked her head at him, "So? How do I look?"

Lowenthal heard the clicking of heels, and stood up from his chair. He dusted himself off and turned, and was met with Loreley in her stage outfit. Lowenthal blushed, as he looked for words to say, unable to take his off of Loreley. "I uhh, ahem." He said, giving a small cough. "It's unfair. I can't seem to come up with words to describe just how amazing you do look. You're gorgeous." Lowenthal found himself saying, before feeling his face fill with heat from blushing. He didn't know why he said what he did, or why so casual about it as well. Lowenthal let out a nervous cough, to break the silence. "You were saying something about a practice session?" Lowenthal asked, sitting down again.

Loreley put her hands on her hips and stared at Lowenthal expectantly as she waited for his response. It was, as expected, incredibly sweet. She giggled lightly and rolled her eyes at him, before walking over to her stage, saying, "I suppose it was a silly thing to ask someone with bias how I look in a dress they made." She turned and gave Lowenthal a wink after saying this and then finished her walk up to her microphone. She hadn't considered what kind of song Lowenthal might actually want to hear, and admittedly Loreley hadn't made many songs yet, though she had sang one song that had won over her crowd only a few nights ago. She wondered idly if she would be able to sing it again, and supposed if it came up she would try. But first, the thought she'd give Lowenthal first pick as she asked, "Any requests?"

Edited by Loreley

Lowenthal laughed as loreley said he showed bias. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were just flirting with me." Lowenthal teased as he thought about her question. Lowenthal didn't really have a strong preference for music. It varied if anything. He mostly listened to RPG soundtracks in the other world, but he didn't have those here. And he doubted that Loreley knew any of those songs. "Play what comes to your heart. I'll enjoy it, none the less." Lowenthal said, hopefully not sounding wish-washy or anything of the like. Last thing he needed was to mess up, when he's already done this much.

Loreley pulled the mic from the stand and held it in her hand as Lowenthal responded to her. She raised an eyebrow at his comment to her flirting and gave him a sly smile, "Oh? That's a possibility. You're free to think as you wish, of course." She did a bit of a walk around the stage, gauging what she would want to do, seeing as Lowenthal had given her the pick. And she just couldn't find herself being decisive. She never was very good at this in front of only one person. In front of a crowd? Yeah, she could perform all day, but when it was only one person their opinions were a bit more vocal and sometimes harder to impress. Finally, she picked up her tambourine and decided to just wing it, beginning with a song that she had met with success for a few nights, Under a Violet Moon.

It wasn't long until Lowenthal was tapping his foot along with the music that Loreley was playing. Soon after, he began to sway his body and nod his head. The song sounded, medieval in a sense, like a bard's song. But then again, performers were bards in a sense. The music wasn't bad, nor was it good. It was great. If Lowe could in this world, he'd download the song and keep it on his mp3 player. And when Loreley was finished, Lowe stood up and clapped politely. "Bravo, magnifico." He said smiling. "I wish I had that kind of talent. All I'm good at is disappearing." He said, laughing. "Where'd you learn to do that sort of thing?" He absentmindedly asked.

Loreley finished up her song and was happy to see that Lowe had been enjoying it. She often got lost in the moment when she started singing, and Loreley figured it was just the in game skill taking over for her voice, giving it that lighter, more melodic tone. She wasn't sure though, and there was no way for her to honestly tell given the way these types of things work. Real skills blurred together with in game ones to produce the best effects. Loreley considered Lowe's question as she said, "There are lot of performers in the world. I suppose when you watch enough of them, you learn the skills necessary to at least be able to sing a basic song." She shrugged and put the mic away, her singing and dancing having been made more fluid by the dress. She could see why idols performed in them. They were freeing in a way, as well as cute. She bristled at the thought of someone considering her cute before shaking her head and saying, "Well, the dress worked well. Thanks for making it, and I look forward to performing in it again."

Lowenthal nodded as Loreley gave her answer. It would seem that even singing was effected by the games 'assisting' mechanic. He smiled at her, something that he found, was growing easier to do. Not that, it was difficult to do in the first place. As Loreley spun in place, Lowenthal couldn't help but laugh softly. "I'm glad you like the dress so much. I look forward to seeing you in it again." Lowenthal said, smiling. He had to fight the urge to say 'and out of it', but he thankfully held his tongue. "So, I pose another question to you. Do you find me cute yet, or still just interesting?" He teased, leaning against the stage smiling at Loreley.

Loreley was a bit taken back by the question that Lowenthal suddenly posed to her. His compliments were one thing, and generally expected by him in the moment of him flirting, but asking what she thought of him was something else entirely. Her brow furrowed as she thought about it, and she was thinking surprisingly hard about how to respond to the question. She had ended up furrowing her brow and thinking for long enough while staring at him, that she couldn't help but think that if words didn't come out soon, it'd get really awkward, really fast. And so Loreley brought her eyes to his and said, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't already think you cute, and you're most certainly still interesting."

• 2 weeks later...

Lowenthal blushed slightly. He wasn't surprised by her answer, he did kind of throw her onto the spot. "Well, that's good." Lowenthal said. "Interesting is good. And being cute is a nice second." He said, with a smile. The air in the room got a bit more thick, and began to get awkward as Lowenthal couldn't think to say anything. He just stood there, and stared at Loreley. Hoping that she's try to strike up another conversation, or sing another song, or something really. Anything to end this tension.