[OP-F1] Snowman design contest

A small set up lay just outside of the town on floor one. Sitting in  a chair I watch as snowflake and snowflake covered the scenery. Looking back the trail of my feet goes as far as the eye can see. Laying back I didn't really excret to many people to come even with the massive prize. The bags containing the prizes lay to my left and I eyed them carefully. Drawing out my flute I begun playing the song frosty the snowman as the minutes passed. Yawning I lay down in the snow and started sleeping. This was going to be fun if people actually came. 

(event has begun)

Getting into the holiday spirit I made my way to where I was told the snowman design contest was.  I had always loved playing in the snow and just because I was stuck in this world doesn't mean that I'm gonna let it spoil my fun.  I walked up to the place where I saw the banners promoting the contest and filled out an application form.  Seeing Rag asleep I laughed to myself. Not wanting to wake him up I sat my form under his flute and went out in the field and began the process of making the best snowman ever.  

Once I got ready to start I was very excited. I hadn't tried to do this yet so this was going to be interesting.  Not having a real plan in mind I aimleddly began to gather snow in order to be my base for the snowman. I got down on my hands and knees and formed a small snowball in my hands. I then began to roll it around on the ground slowly increasing the size of the snowball.  As I kept this process up the ball was soon up to my waist and made a really good bottom for my work of art. Setting it in place I took another handful of snow from the ground and began making the second piece.

I rolled the snowball until it was half the size of the first one and with a little trouble since it was quite heavy I was able to plop it on top of the first ball of snow. Stepping back from what I had so far I looked at my work and a smile came to my face. It was a real good start to what will be a great snowman. I began smoothing out the surface of what I had so far and readying it for the last ball to go on the top. Once I felt as if it was nice and clean I took one more handful of snow and began forming the head.

Rolling around the third snowball I was able to make a ball half the size of the second and since it was lighter I was able to set it on top of the two balls with little difficulty. Smoothening the head I made it nice and round and once I finished cleaning the other layers I stepped back and saw the perfect base for a snowman.  Thinking that this has been pretty good I knew that all I needed now was to finish up the snowman by decorating it. I left my snowman and went into the forest to try and find some things I could use to make the arms and face.

Looking through the small forest that was next to the contest I wanted to find some sticks to use as arms and I thought that rocks would be good to make the face. Scavenging through the area I found two relatively identical sticks that forked out at the end giving the illusion of hands. I then looked through the dirt and fallen branches for some things to use to make the face. I found a long slender pine one I could use as the nose and two pretty yellow rocks. Taking a few smaller sticks to form the mouth I made my way back to the snowman. 

I took the two sticks I wanted to use as arms and shoved them into the sides of the second ball making up the torso of the snowman. It looked like the snowman had his arms raised up in celebration. Laughing to myself I took the two stones I found and carefully added them to the head giving it a set of pretty yellow eyes. Pushing the pine cone in as the nose I smiled as I saw my creation come together. Using the sticks that I had left I formed a smile on the face of the snowman and I looked at my work of art happy that I had finished. I got one last idea and took a small piece of red and green cloth that I had found.  It would make a great scarf and finishing touch for the snowman. I wrapped it around the snow mans neck and I was done. Content with my work I sat down next to my snowman and waited for the others to start building their snowmen. I felt pretty good about my work and felt eager to know how I did in comparison to the other contestants.

Edited by Coddexx

I saw coddexx finish his man. I had decided to do a snow stormtrooper. Laughing to myself I slipped my form underneath Rags flute, similar to that of Coddexx's form. I rolled up a snow ball and made it big enough to be a base. Using my sword, I carved it into a boxy formation. I did the same to its middle section. Its head was by far the hardest part. I had to delicatley carve the greebles onto it to mak it look like a real storm trooper. I got some sticks and rocks and made the face and arms. I placed a snow gun looking thinghy into its arms and launched a snow ball at the sleeping Rag. I had forgotten that Nix layed down with him. "Ahhh crap!" Nix was up and running at me in a second. He tackled me and pawed my face, showing his irritation.

Earlier in the week I had signed a form for a player-held contest that would be happening over the span over eleven days. Up until now I had totally forgotten about it but it was never too later to start. After all, the judging didn't begin until Christmas day. So, if I did take that long, I would have an entire day to make a sheet of white powder into the award winning sculpture. I stepped from the Guild Hall and walked to the teleport gate. "Strange that's it's being held on the First Floor. In my opinion the Fourth Floor would have been much more suitable for this kind of contest." I thought but teleported to the required floor anyways. I had an unwavering sense of confidence as I walked towards the location of the event. I was pretty good at art overall so even I could win this one. When I arrived I saw only two people, one of which was messing around instead of actually making a snowman. I scoffed at the competition and begun. 

My plan was to not make a normal snowman. I wasn't going to do the traditional three layer, rock eyes, carrot nose one. No, I was going to give it life and win this. I began by scooping up a mound of snow and rolling it into a ball until it was to my knees in height. I then proceeded to sharpen the ball into a square. I repeated the same instructions and made two slightly smaller cubes and attached them to my piece. Next, I made the face by smoothing out a jawline, carving a human nose, and making eyes. The hair was a little bit more difficult. I patted more snow onto the head and rounded out bangs that covered the eyebrows and went down to the eyes. I then smoothed out shoulders and a waist, and hollowed out some legs. I stood up and backed away, deciding what I could possibly put as clothes onto the snowperson. I knew I had no extra clothes so I would end up just having to make them out of snow. I bit my lip and walked back over, focusing in on the torso. I made the person wear starter clothes, with a small chest plate with tiny little designs. I added more snow to the thighs and waist to create a skirt that went just above the knees. I crafted a pair of boots similar to mine and smiled. Then, I opened my inventory and put my blue half cape over one shoulder. There were only a few things missing. I ran to the side of the pathway where I had come from and picked up small back pebbles, and large ones. I placed the smallest ones as the pupils and added the rest of the small ones to the boots and chest protector. The larger ones I didn't need so I threw them to the side and grabbed a clump of snow. I made the hair longer in the back and added more in the front. To top it off and made a crown from ice shards off the side of buildings. I drew the facial expression as annoyed and smiled as I realized what I had just made: a snowman version of myself. And if I say so myself, it looked pretty darn good for someone who has steps on snow but never plays in it.