[PP-F13] The Fun and The Not-So-Fun (AB-VR)

(This is open to anyone member of the Azure Brigade [The Knights of Christ included] and the Velvet Room.)

Again, upon awaking, Zelrius immediately threw his hand to the right side of the large bed he slept on, as if to check someone was there. There wasn't anyone, and hadn't ever been. Erin occupied it at one point or another, but those times were over. That memory was still fresh in his mind he could see it clear as day. He had begged her to stay, and she still ran away from him, even when Zelrius had shown that he truly cared, which he had shown to very few people. Top that off with the fact that Mr. "Invincible Tank" Delaney ran off and got married, and now the Golden haired boy felt abandoned. He hardly spent time with any of the other Commandants, and felt as though Kiru hated him now. He groaned, sitting up and looking about his all too-tidy and perfect room. The all white and golden-accented furniture with the contemporary design didn't sit well with Zelrius for some reason. He had thought that a Guild hall was what would fix his state of sadness, But, All a Guildhall did for him was make it so he could feel at home while he rotted away to his own emotions. He sat up in his bed, wanting nothing more than to lay back down and forego the party.

But, he knew more than well enough that would only arouse people's suspicions more. So, with a sigh, he stood and put on all his gear, with exception of the two swords. He looked in a mirror framed above his bed, and gave his fake arrogant smile. It looked the same as it always did, but for some reason, the Golden haired Commandant felt that it looked stupid and made him look dumb. Still, he kept it on, knowing that it was going to be needed for the day. Throwing open his bedroom door and swinging it shut behind him, Zelrius rushed out to the main room, and looked around. The decorations for the Christmas party were all set up and ready to go, with Velvet Room flags on the Left side of the Azure Flags, and the KoC flags being on the right side to represent the three guilds in attendance.

The arrows directed any guests to the large meeting, which had been converted into a nice little party area. The meeting table against the wall and lined with food, The chairs around it for anyone to sit and enjoy some down time. The center had a christmas tree with a sign infront that read "DECORATE ME", which had several boxes full of all kinds of ornaments and decorations. Zelrius kneeled down, and grabbed a handful of glitter from the box, throwing it onto the tree before hanging some generic ornaments on one side, allowing the rest of the guests to do the rest. 

Helios awoke with a thud on this "fine" morning. He had fallen asleep on a bench inside of the safezone known as <<Angel's Point>>. The only reason he had come up to the thirteenth floor in the first place was to go to Zelrius' party. If he hadn't been invited he wouldn't have bothered traveling up to the barren wasteland of a floor. He could have stood up if he wanted to, but that early in the morning it would've taken way too much effort. The dark haired boy rolled over onto his back and groaned, attempting to lift his tired body. Finally managing to stand, the young man looked towards the safezone's exit, unsure of where to go. "The party's probably not taking place outside the safezone. Might as well check though." he muttered, slowly walking towards the exit. The land covering the floor was entirely filled with gravestones. It was the ugliest thing he had seen since coming into SAO. "Why this floor of all places?" he said to himself, wandering throughout the endless canyon.

Piera was snug in a green sweater and thick brown skirt accompanied by brown leather boots, accessorized with a Santa hat and the Pendant of Hoya. The bespectacled young woman clung to a bearded man's arm as they walked along the dreary brown landscape that was the thirteenth floor of Aincrad. She thought it was a tad odd that the Azure Brigade had chosen this of all floors to set up their Guild Hall. But maybe there were some perks to the location that she didn't know about. Either way, she was leery of the many cemeteries and grave sites. Not to mention she hadn't been out much lately. Thankfully it didn't take them too long to reach the designated building and she hesitated at the door before looking up at Lee and shrugging. "Maybe we should knock?" She didn't feel right just barging in, so she raised her fist to rap her knuckles on the door sharply six times in a little pattern before stepping back and waiting.

Then Lee simply opened the door, causing her to sigh with a small smile, following after him as she looked around the Hall with wide curious eyes before they softened at the sight of her guild's indigo flag alongside Azure's and another one, which she assumed was the Knights of Christ. Then she finally spotted the host, Zelrius, beside a large pine tree that was covered in glitter. Noting the sign in front of the tree caused another smile as she finally let go of her partner's arm to approach the blonde. "Happy Holidays Zelrius. Thanks for throwing this party. It's nice to be able to get out and celebrate something for a change." Piera inwardly grimaced at her words for bringing up what had happened when she'd been trying not to think about it so she quickly changed the subject, "How've you been by the way? I didn't really get a chance to ask you before." She hadn't seen him for near two months until a week ago. While talking, she took the opportunity to gather up two decorations and begin to hang them on the tree.

Manta yawned and rolled over in bed, face down, letting out a loud and very unladylike snort before pushing herself up and glancing around the room, wondering where she was exactly. She couldnt remember getting drunk the night before, or heading to anyones house, so where exactly was she? It took her a few moments, but the memories started coming back. This was her room in the new guild hall. And yesterday had been a day like any other, where she had partied up with a man named Lowenthal and run around the desert looking for dungeons. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, looking over at the mirror. She looked like a mess. She had come in the night before and just plopped down on the bed, falling asleep and not even bothering to change her clothes. She muttered and started to get ready.

Surprisingly enough it didnt take her all that long, and within ten minutes or so she was ready to find something to eat. She wasnt feeling very social, and she was hoping that everyone would be out dungeon hunting or questing. Especially Zelrius. She really didnt feel up to talking to him, or dealing with his arrogant attitude. Sure he was a nice guy underneath that, but that didnt keep her from being in a bad mood. She exited her room and made her way to the meeting area, and was confronted by christmas decorations, a tree, and food. What was going on? Was there some sort of party she had forgotten about? She stood there in the entryway, debating whether or not to dash in and grab some food, or to retreat out of the guild hall and have some alone time in the frozen mpuntains of the fourth floor.

Keith and I ran through the field of flowers with smiles on our faces, not a care in the world. Suddenly, he stopped and looked me in the eye. He frowned, picked up a flowers from the ground and began to weave them into my hair. I laughed as he looked so concentrated. When he had first made me a crown I rejected it and ran away, but he caught me-- literally, from behind and carried me back. Once he was done he told me to close my eyes and count to three. I did so, but when I opened my eyes my smile faded and a look of horror filled my face. Keith stood in front of me with white hair, his ragged clothes and lots of wounds with a crooked smile and a tilted head. He asked, "Why aren't you looking for me?" I screamed and put my hands over my head, not really sure if that part was reality or part of the dream.

At that moment my eyes opened and I bolted up. I clutched the blanket tightly and breathed. I looked down at the blue bed covers and noticed my vision was getting blurry, and the blanket was starting to get drops, almost as if it rained in my room. I sniffled quietly and wiped my face in my sheets before getting up. I looked down at my black shorts at white t-shirt and shrugged. I didn't even bother to get dressed at I walked out of my room on the second floor of the Azure Brigade Guild Hall. I wandered around for about five minutes before walking to the main hall, where Zelrius was standing. Immediately I felt obligated to turn around and go back to sleep but there was a feeling of guilt in my stomach. I yelled at him, and he deserved it all, but I was still angry at him. I needed his help with something, a tracking mission that surely wouldn't end well for my cursor. He didn't help me at all. But, he wasn't like that right now. I kind of laughed when I saw him, all alone decorating a tree, but I also felt saddened to see him in such a sorry state. I softened my unintentional glare at the back of his head and walked towards him. I picked up a string of tinsel and began quietly wrapping it around the tree. I didn't know who bought the decorations but I didn't really care. I looked over at the blonde haired boy. "You know it's almost been a year since I joined Azure." I said, picking up another string and wrapping it where the other one stopped. 

Edited by Kiru

Zelrius sighed, putting on a bit more decorations before finally giving up and just standing by the tree, idly fiddling with a single ornament. He turned to see Piera and Lee be the first to arrive. He hadn't talked to the two a whole lot but felt they were on the pleasant side when it came to people. His arrogant grin didn't waiver as he spoke, however much he wished he could let it go. "Aye, it is nice to celebrate every once in a while. As for how I have been, Damn good as always. What about you two?" He lied about he had been. The golden haired boy had been dying on the inside, and often times he would think to himself that if he had any common sense, he'd attack Tristan until he died to his Damage return. That, or lock himself in his bedroom and never come out. Either sounded horrible and Zelrius simply wasn't one to give up like that, so he still found himself standing here, pretending to decorate a Christmas tree. 

He looked back to the entrance once more to seen Manta. The Brigadier whom he had no qualms with but whenever in her presence, could feel her discontent with himself. He wanted so badly to get a chance to show the Brigadier that this wasn't whom he was, but he also didn't know any repercussions of that, so he just kept on smiling and invited her to join the party. "Morning to you, Brigadier. Come, help us get this Tree looking pretty, or you can have a seat and relax." That was all that he offered, not exactly sure whether or not Gaul had planned on staying for very long. 

It was Kiru who entered shortly after. And for a moment, Zelrius wanted to jump up and walk out of the room. He had no idea what he was thinking when he set this little party up, but there were plenty of people in Azure that the Golden haired Commandant couldn't handle all at the same time. Having Manta and Kiru here was already taking it's toll on his social attitude, which already wasn't good. All they needed now was for Lessa or Flints to show up, and Zelrius would storm out right there. He gave a breath, attempting not to think about his last encounter with Kiru. "That's great. We're nearing two years since Azure was made. Is there anything you want for Christmas, Commandant?"

Manta sighed as Zelrius addressed her, smiling that smile of his. To tell the truth, it  wasn't the smile that she dislike specifically, but the way that it made him seem to her. She knew that there was a lot going on underneath the surface, and that arrogant smile made him seem incredibly shallow and ignorant. It wasnt her place to comment though. Or was it? Regardless of whether or not she should, she wasn't about to. Hopefully he would realize it soon.

She slowly walked into the room, glancing around but not really taking anything in. Her eyes fell on the christmas tree, but it was like she wasnt even looking at it. She wanted to blame this bad mood on Erin's absence but knew that it was just something that had been festering, unseen, on the inside for a while now. She wasnt entirely sure what she wanted anymore, and it seemed like everyone she cared about disappeared, died, or just left. She was conflicted. She wanted to be alone, but she was a social person by habit, if not nature.

Things had seemed to be going so well earlier on, before she had become a frontliner. Now it seemed like things were going so much slower, and has so much less purpose than before. These floor bosses werent being beaten like they should be, and she couldnt tell exactly why everyone was being so lazy about it. Scratch that, she could. She didn't have the same motivation to beat this game as she had before. Her stomach growled as she glanced over at the food, but she wasnt feeling up to eating anymore. She slumped up against the wall, wondering if she was really that bad of a companion.

I stood on my tip toes and practically threw the glittery material up onto the tall branches. The tree was too tall, so I wouldn't be able to cover the entire thing but I could try.All I needed was a chair. I walked to the box of decorations again and jumped in front of the tree, successfully getting the tinsel higher and higher as I went. After the third was put up I peeked around the tree at Zelrius. He hadn't called me by my name this time, he simply stated my rank. I frowned and retreated back to the box, grabbing a few ornaments. "I want things to go back to normal, sir.I said flatly. I knew what I had just said was a tad cold but I couldn't help but get angry at him for being cold to me as well. I stomped away from the tree and into the meeting room to grab a chair. I picked up the end chair from the dark room and turned back. I held it out in front of me and walked back to the room where Zelrius was. I dropped the chair behind the tree. It made a loud noise but I ignored it and stood on top of it, placing the smalls shiny balls on the tree. I leaned forward to put one towards the top but it slipped from my hand and fell. Luckily it only fell onto a branch and not on the floor. I leaned even farther trying to retrieve it but I just couldn't reach it. I breathed out with annoyance and leaned so far that I was balancing on my feet. My fingertips touched the ornament but it slipped. In attempt to grab it as it went farther down I lost balance slipped off the chair. "Zel- " I said instinctively and fell backwards, watching the tree get smaller and smaller. I closed my eyes and covered the back of my head to protect myself. I felt onto the hard tile floor, creating yet another loud noise. For a moment after the impact I just laid there with my eyes closed, thinking about how stupid I must look right here. 

Edited by Kiru

"Never thought I'd actually find their Guild Hall." Helios chuckled as he strolled up to the large building. As he pushed open the hall's doors, he was surprised to see Kiru fall to the ground. Although the boy was almost tempted to slowly leave and hope nobody had noticed him, he entered the guild. The first thing he noticed, other than one of the Azure Brigade's Commandants lying on the floor, was the large tree covered in ornaments. The dark haired young man waved to Zelrius as he made his way to the Christmas tree. "Surely you didn't push her, did you Zel?" he asked, since he had only caught a glimpse of the fall. In Helios' right hand was a small, carefully wrapped present. No name was written on the package, as the boy hadn't decided who he was giving it to at that point in time.

A smile formed on Helios' face as he reached out his hand to help the girl up. "Are you okay?" The boy asked. He didn't recall ever meeting Kiru in person, but he new of her. A powerful Commandant of the Azure Brigade. Who didn't know who she was? Looking around at all of the decorations, that he assumed the Brigade had put up, he quickly got into the Christmas mood. Thankfully, he had gotten out of the unpleasant mood the thirteenth floor had put him in. Turning his head back to Zelrius, the black haired boy asked where he could leave his present. Inside it was his most treasured item, and for a while, it hurt even thinking about giving it away. "By the way, is there any chance that you have extra Santa hats?" he inquired.

Edited by Helios

Indeed, it was near Christmas. A time of joy and delight.... Festivity and celebration. Yet, for Shizuka, it was just another day of trash and completely loneliness. Indeed, here in the cemetery was truly a delightful place that Zelrius had picked for the guild hall... What timing as well for her to live here. It was a period of time in which she can escape Greg for a while and have some a long time in the segregated Guild Hall that was located in a floor which no one truly cared about as it was gloomy and was filled with the scent of death... Not that Shizuka minded. Yes, Christmas. Shizuka barely remembered the word... if only hadn't reminded her of snow, which led to the fateful event, she would've forgotten what the word had meant by now. However, one word that she had forgotten was happy, because that was something in which she hadn't experienced in the longest time where she had been stuck in the maze of grief and hatred. Indeed, she was still wondering about the maze, seeking for an exit, an area in which she can relieve herself of this pitiful place... Death didn't seem so bad for her now... However, there was one thing that she had to live for.

Shizuka whipped her face. Yes, the party was about to start and surely, she should not show up to the party with a face full of tears and one of utmost sadness's. It was definitely brought down the mood of the party and she would probably attract too much attention if she did indeed show up in such a state. Shizuka yawned, she had cried all night long. Floods weaving down her face from the eye which had once been filled with cheerfulness and was now inhabited by the effects of depression. As morning approached, she realized that she had been staring at the ceiling for way too long and had decided that staring at the wall from her gray stool was a better option. Downstairs, guests were arriving yet Shizuka felt no festivity... She had no one to meet and nothing to greet. Yes, if she was to go down there, there was no saying whether she would cry at any time. With a sigh, Shizuka looked over at her unkept bed and soon was laying on it with great peril. I'll just wait here for someone to call me or for whenever the party actually starts. She soon decided.