PP - F7 Mountain Trek (Helios) (Completed)

As he materialized on the seventh floor in the settlement of Nimbus Calrex gave a sigh of relief as his avatar completed its animation, stepping away from the teleportation circle as he looked around. Even after the many months of being in the game, it seemed things didn't change a single bit. The glowing lights continued to illuminate the safe zone as he made his way down the streets towards the gates leading out into the field zones, "Guess today just like any other, just some more training and gathering materials for Teayre and I to use for our shops. Speaking of which, I need to get back around to making more bait for fishing. Since I believe I'm the only active fisherman at the moment, heh."

Swiping on his menu he casually browsed through the long list of people he had encountered in his adventures. Stopping on one he had not seen in quite a long time he shrugged and sent out a message. Addressing it to Helios the virtual envelope left his HUD as he headed towards the gate, "I wonder how he's been. The last times I saw him were when Tak and I helped him complete the Long Live the Queen quest and the random snowball fight on the fourth floor."

Edited by Calrex

(Sorry for the short post xD)
"Wait, Calrex's on the seventh floor as well?" a certain dark haired fellow asked himself, genuinely surprised. Coincidentally, Helios had also come up to Floor 7. He planned on exploring the vast mountain range that took up most of the floor on his own, but if his old friend was there, maybe he'd want to enjoy the scenery with him. "I wonder what Cal's up to." he mumbled,  wandering over to the exit of Nimbus. The boy noticed a figure in the distance. The figure had a masculine body structure and what looked like blue hair to Helios. "Is that him?" He began to walk slightly fast in an attempt to catch up to his friend, or who he assumed was his friend. Eventually, he got close enough to make out his appearance. He was right, it was his old friend. "Hey! Calrex!" Helios shouted to the man.

OOC: No worries XD

"Hm?"

Turning around to see the voice that had called out to him Calrex looked to see that Helios had arrived, giving a friendly smile and wave, "Hey Helios!"

Walking over the rest of the distance he gave an affirming nod. Oddly enough, it seemed his old friend had not changed much either. Even with all of the recent updates, Helios' equipment seemed stuck out of time, "I guess he's been busy with other things, so he hasn't done much in terms of training or leveling."

"Well, it's certainly been a long time. How have you been?"

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he calmly observed the area for a quick second before returning his attention to the young man in front of him.

Edited by Calrex

"Yes, too long! I've been great, as always." he told the man. Helios stopped in front of his friend and reached out his hand to give him a high five. "How about you? What have you been up to since we last talked?" he asked. It felt like it had been years since the two had last spoken, which was unfortunate. The noirette respected Calrex quite a lot, seeing as he was an extremely high leveled player and Helios saw him almost like a mentor, despite the fact that they've only met a few times. On the boy's back sat his new curved sword, "Kanshou". Examining the blue haired man's outfit reminded him of the time he had scared Takneil half to death in his Grand Chariot armor. Helios quickly scanned the area around the two before saying, "So, want to do some grinding?"

Calrex gave a laugh as he completed the high five gesture that Helios extended, "Well, I've been up to the usual, training. However, compared to the last time I saw you I've actually participated in a couple of floor boss fights so far. Since everyone is getting back into the momentum for clearing the floors, I've just been keeping pace."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he gave a nod at the boy's suggestion, "Sure, some experience grinding is always in order. Since we're here we might as well do some exploration on this floor."

Swiping to make sure his evasive "build" was at the ready he gave a nod, gently resting his hand on the hilt of the Grand Blade. "Looks like you've gotten around to getting your weapon upgraded at least, heh. How's training been going for you?"

"Boss fights, eh? Wow, good for you." he replied, grinning. The blue haired man truly had become much more powerful than he was in the past. "As for me, I've been... hard at work, some would say. I've been soloing bosses by myself. Almost at Floor 78." he lied. The boy hoped it was obvious to Calrex that he hadn't cleared that many floors by himself. Honestly, Helios hadn't been training whatsoever. It's been more like "Today we're going to explore this floor" for him. It's not that he was lazy or anything. He just felt too far behind to catch up. He was only level eight of course. He unsheathed his blade, showing it off to his friend. "You like it? Not too powerful or anything, but it'll do the trick." he stated, chuckling slightly. 

The two players made there way deeper into the canyon, looking for monsters to fight. Helios wasn't familiar with the mobs that lived on Floor 7, nor was he sure where to look for them. Looking at Calrex, the boy laughed. "I actually have no clue where we're going."

Calrex gave a friendly smirk as Helios spoke about him soloing a bunch of the floors that weren't even unlocked, "Oh really? So that's why I haven't seen you around. You've been busy on the higher floors."

He gave a laugh before inspecting the young man's new sword, "Well it's definitely a step up from your starting weapon. It should definitely come in handy."

Taking point the Ultramarine Knight walked down the path leading out of the settlement, scanning left and right for any potential creatures. Without his <<Reveal>> skill, it seemed a bit more difficult to stay alert of any happening around him, but he made do with the skills he had, "Don't worry, the creatures here are usually oriented towards the theme, so we're likely going to encounter some mountain lizards, possibly a drake or two, and maybe a few goats if we're lucky."

Nodding, Helios examined the terrain, looking for any mobs that might have been roaming the area. "Ah, there we go!" he exclaimed, pointing towards two mountain lizards. The boy unsheathed his curved sword and rushed towards the mobs, attempting to at least hit one of them. The lizard leaped backwards, evading his slash, while the other body slammed into him, causing Helios to fall backwards. "Alright Cal, I'm done now. Go kill them please." he said, not surprised by the output of his attack. I need to plan these attacks better. Otherwise I won't be of much help.

ID: 43009 BD: 1+1=2 CD: 2 LD: 2 MD:  8

Party:

Calrex: 225/(300) | D: 11 | A: 3 | M: 75

Helios: 25/32 | D: 4 | A: 1

Enemies:

Mountain Lizard: 40/40| D: 7 | M: 3

Mountain Lizard: 40/40| D: 7 | M: 3

Edited by Helios

ID: 43016
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 47 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as Helios switched him in, giving a calming breath as he rushed forward. Lowering his body he brought the Grand Blade across his body, the primary edge parallel to the ground as his free hand hovered over the middle of the blade. As the sword lit up with the light blue aura he rushed forward, activating <<Vertical Square>>.

As he closed the distance he quickly unleashed the barrage of four cuts, tracing a standing up square in the air as the creatures dissipated into crystals.

With a sigh of relief he resheathed his sword, turning to face his teammate, giving a friendly smile, "You alright there? Maybe next time we spot a mob I'll take the opening move. That way we don't put you at risk if we don't need to."

Loot List:
2 Materials

Party:

Calrex: 285/285 | D: 11 | A: 3 | M: 75

Helios: 25/32 | D: 4 | A: 1

Enemies:

Mountain Lizard: -5/40| D: 7 | M: 3 (10+2 DMG * 4 Art - 3 MIT = 45 DMG)

Mountain Lizard: -5/40| D: 7 | M: 3 (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

(Sorry for the short post, i'm slowly getting my muse back so replies should be coming in faster at some point xD)
Helios chuckled. "Yeah, that's probably the best idea." he replied. I'll be strong enough to do what Calrex just did eventually. I just need to work harder. he thought to himself, clenching his blade's hilt. The boy sheathed the curved sword once again. The duo entered further into the mountains. Although it made Helios a bit nervous, he told himself to keep moving forward, even if the mobs got stronger. Don't back down, not without a fight. he kept saying to himself inside of his head. The boy was becoming a bit paranoid, jumping at the smallest movements around them. He let out a sigh. "I don't know what's wrong with me right now." he mumbled.

ID: 43200
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)

As the two moved further into the mountainous range Calrex gave a calming breath, keeping his sword hand gently rested against the hilt of the Grand Blade as he continued to look left and right, "All clear so far..."

However, it wasn't long before he saw something that made any creature stand out against the landscape. Further down the road was a couple of large lizards, with fire licking off of their skin. Their red scales made it almost seem like they had somehow traveled down from the eighth floor, but with the general theme of the seventh also made them seem to fit right in.

"Alright Helios, on my mark."

Rushing forward the Ultramarine Knight drew the Grand Blade from its sheath, raising it high as he charged his <<Howl>> skill. His armor and sword began to glow with the light blue hue of his skill before he brought the blade into the ground, the impact being amplified by the aura as it exploded from his avatar, forming into a monstrous roar. The sound wave shot past the two lizards as they turned their attention to the bluenette as he removed his sword from the ground, "Alright, go for it Helios!"

Right as he finished speaking the two creatures attempted to strike at him, but their claws only met air as he quickly backpedaled out of the way, "No cheap shots on me today."

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex:
285/285
   Energy: 48/55 (+1)
(Hate: 0) Helios: 31/32
   Energy: 8/8

Enemies:
Mountain Fire Salamander 1:
60/60
Mountain Fire Salamander 2: 60/60
DMG: 14
MIT: 15

Swiftly, Helios unsheathed his curved sword and rushed a salamander. With full force, he attempted to slice through it, but this proved to be useless. The lizard's speed was faster than the boy had anticipated. Instead of slashing the mob, he hit the ground. Muttering a curse, he turned around and watched as the monster did not attack him. Right, Calrex has the aggro. This way I shouldn't take damage. he told himself inside of his head. Not proud of his last hit, Helios raised his blade, Kanshou, once again and watched as the blue haired man made his move. "This should be interesting to watch." he mumbled, assuming the man would land a hit and easily take both mobs out. Of course, if he didn't manage to strike at least one and was damaged, the lizards couldn't do much to him. Not with his mitigation and health. He was definitely a powerful enemy, as well as a powerful ally.

ID: 43009 BD: 3+1=4

Party:

Calrex: 285/285

Helios: 25/32

Enemies:

Mountain Fire Salamander: 60/60| D: 14 | M: 15

Mountain Fire Salamander: 60/60| D: 14 | M: 15

Edited by Helios

ID: 43329
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12 (No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Sharp Nail>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 37 Remaining)

As Helios took his turn to attack Calrex gave a calming breath, focusing his senses. He took note that Helios was watching him, as if expecting the bluenette to unleash a powerful attack that would eliminate both mobs at once, "Well...I guess I shouldn't disappoint."

Assuming his stance for <<Sharp Nail>> his upper body resembled the positioning a billards player would assume when aiming a shot. The Grand Blade lit up with the light blue hue of the attack as he released the lock, flying forward. Adding in his <<Charge>> skill he pierced the first lizard with a fierce impaling stab. Quickly rotating around he targeted the second lizard, releasing the two remaining jabbing stab strikes, leaving a single large puncture hole in the first and two smaller ones in the second.

Both lizards lingered in the air for a second before dissipating into crystals. Flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip he sheathed it back into the scabbard, "Alright, another two down, heh."

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex:
285/285
   Energy: 37/55 (-12+1)
(Hate: 0) Helios: 31/32

Enemies:
Mountain Fire Salamander 1:
-3/60 (10+3 DMG * 7 Art - 15 MIT = 76 DMG)
Mountain Fire Salamander 2: -3/60 (AOE)
DMG: 14
MIT: 15

Edited by Calrex

"You never fail to disappoint me, Calrex. I've done barely anything this entire time." he laughed as he watched the mobs shatter into virtual, blue shards. Helios slid his curved sword into the leather sheath that sat on the boy's back. The boy once again began to climb further up the mountain, scanning the path in front of him for monsters of some sort. Maybe we'll run into some unknown field boss or something cool like that. Or maybe we'll just run into more salamanders. he thought, scratching the side of his head. Looking behind him at Calrex, he smiled. "Good work back there, by the way." he commented, attempting to start conversation. He wasn't awfully proud of his attack, since he missed his mark, but that didn't bother him. He'd just have to keep working harder to land hits.

"Heh, thanks. It's really more my equipment and my familiar hovering above that help ensure the hit. If it weren't for all those working together I'd be close to just swatting at air."

Pointing upwards Calrex indicated his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, who was soaring overhead. Following the boy as he continued to move further from the settlement, the bluenette continued to check their surroundings. It seemed their trek was starting to draw past noon, as the simulated sun was beginning to make its way back down towards the horizon, "With the night settling in there's the chance we'll encounter stronger monsters. Hopefully nothing too out there like when I took on Ziz with Azide and Rebekah."

"So, what do you think we're going to find next?"

Shooting a piece sign up to the falcon, he laughed. The boy's hands slowly went inside of his pockets as he looked back down. "It's starting to get pretty late. I wonder what we'll run into." he commented. As the blue haired boy began to speak, Helios listened. "Personally, I'm hoping for a mountain goat, or something along those lines. I think it would be pretty cool." he replied. The higher they went, the steeper the mountain would become. Of course, it makes sense, but it annoyed the boy a bit. Still, he strolled up scanning the ground before him for monsters. "Have you seen anything yet?" he asked Calrex curiously. Do monsters in SAO become stronger at night? It would make sense, but I'm not sure... he thought, unsheathing his curved sword, just so he was ready if they were attacked. The boy began to play with the blade, looking towards other mountain ranges. "You've gotta admit, the scenery in this game really is incredible." he stated, looking at the boy for a moment before turning his head back.

ID: 43426
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2 / Disguise +1) = 3
Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 27 Remaining)

"A mountain goat huh? That sounds fun. I haven't encountered one so far bu..."

While listening to Helios talk Calrex looked over in one particular direction, slowly moving forward, "I thought I saw a pair of goat horns just now..."

Moving a bit closer to his surprise he did see the head of a goat, "Hey Helios, I guess there is o..."

"...Uh...actually stay back for a sec. That's not just a goat..."

As the creature turned to face the bluenette the lower body of the goat was revealed. A second head was attached to the front, a lion's jaws coming into view. In addition its tail was replaced with the body of a snake.

"Well, it looks like a chimera instead. Get your sword ready Helios!"

Rushing forward the Ultramarine Knight activated his <<Charge>> skill, rushing forward at high speed. The three heads of the chimera let our a roar at the sight of Calrex, but their swipes each failed to hit their target.

Coming into striking range the bluenette unleashed his <<Nova Ascension>> Sword Art, rapidly hacking and slashing at the creature until the ninth blow, where he quickly pivoted his body in a full 360 before jamming the Grand Blade's hilt into the lion's face.

Leaping back he saw the Stun effect trigger with a small sigh of relief.

HP List
(Hate: 1) Calrex:
285/285
   Energy: 27/55 (-12+1)
(Hate: 0) Helios: 32/32

Enemies:
Chimera:
53/143 (10+3+1 DMG * 9 Art - 36 DMG = 90 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
DMG: 20
MIT: 36

Edited by Calrex

"I guess it's close enough to a mountain goat..." Helios sighed as he raised his curved sword. He charged towards the large beast, dealing a very small amount of damage. "At least I hit it. Now you can kill it!" he shouted to his friend. It would have taken years for Helios to finally defeat this monster on his own, seeing as it had nearly 150 health and the noirette could do literally one point of damage to it. Exactly one hundred and fourty-three hits and I could have killed it. Nobody has time for that. He looked at the stunned monster, waiting for Calrex to inflict his damage against it. Even if I did miss, it wouldn't have done anything. It would have been embaressing if I managed to miss a target that wasn't moving...

ID: 43433 BD: 5+1=6

Party:

Calrex: 285/285

Helios: 27/32

Enemies:

Chimera: 52/143 | D: 20 | M: 36

Edited by Helios

ID: 43442
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 14 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 19 Remaining)

Giving a nod as Helios took his turn striking the creature Calrex rushed back in, unleashing his <<Shadow Explosion>> Sword Art. The Grand Blade lit up with a dark purple glow as he slashed rapidly across the body of the creature, finishing with a double vertical slash. Riddled with the numerous cuts the creature gave a loud roar before it dissipated into crystals once again.

The battle over almost as quickly as it began the bluenette gave a small sigh of relief, resheathing the Grand Blade before looking over at his teammate, "Well, wasn't exactly one, but I hope that means we're getting closer, heh."

Loot Dice:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 715 col (Mob HP 143 * 5 col = 715)

HP List
(Hate: 1) Calrex:
285/285
   Energy: 19/55 (-9+1)
(Hate: 0) Helios: 32/32
   Energy: 7/8

Enemies:
Chimera:
-11/143 (10+1 DMG * 9 Art - 36 MIT = 63 DMG)
DMG: 20
MIT: 36

Edited by Calrex

Helios laughed slightly, sheathing his curved sword. "Yeah, if we don't find one know, I don't think we ever will." he replied, making a gesture to indicate that he wanted Calrex to lead the way. The boy then began to search the ground beneath them for materials, hoping he'd find something nice. It's not that he needed the items, but he could most likely sell them to shops for col or armor. His eyes wandered the area ahead of them, but there were no items to be found. Well, that's a shame. he thought, turning his head to Calrex. "Hey, it's starting to get quite dark. Shall we begin to head back?" he asked the bluenette, raising his grey scarf up above his mouth and reaching his hands into his pockets, just so he could keep warm on their way back to the capital of the seventh floor. Helios looked up at the bright, crescent shaped moon and smiled, although his expression could not be seen behind his scarf. That certainly was quite the adventure. At least, enough for one day.

ID: 43623 LD: 8

Edited by Helios