[OP-F1] Move Along

Red looked up at the sky. The sun was slowly coming up, with bright pink, blue, orange, as well as purple colors beautifully scattered around the sky. The day seemed like it was willing to be perfect, until a little rain drop found it's mark on Red's head. The clouds became more clustered and darker colored, and by an hour the rain was heavily pouring. It was a rainy day, and Red's predictions of it being a nice day were completely inaccurate. But it did seem like a good day to go fight a mini-boss or something. Red also needed a guild he could join.... And if he found some players to party with him that thought he was worthy of being in their guild, then maybe, just maybe, Red could get an invite. Some time in the far away future, Red planned on making his own guild. But for now, Red needed a safe place to call home. 

Red analyzed the surrounding areas once more. In the far distance, to the left, Red was able to see two boars, walking around very slow pace. To the right, Red saw nothing but a couple of birds flying away. And in front sat nothing. A good day for nothing. Red looked around, as the rain began to pour harder. "So, where to look???" There was no one near Red. Maybe he could head back the way to city limits, and see if there were any players there??? Red decided that a grand idea and headed back. As Red began to walk, he began to sing along a song by one of his favorite old time bands, "Move Along", by "All-American Rejects".

"Go ahead as you waste your days with thinking
When you fall, everyone stands
Another day, and you've had your fill of sinking
With the life held in your
Hands are shaking cold
These hands are meant to hold

Speak to me
When all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
Move along

So a day when you've lost yourself completely
Could be a night when your life ends
Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving
All the pain held in your
Hands are shaking cold
Your hands are mine to hold

Speak to me
When all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through"

Red knew all the  lyrics by heart. No one could know the song better than Red did. He just continued walking on his way, singing, looking for players in range.

Drawn outside by the smell of a storm I left my shop and found my way out in the fields outside of the town of beginnings. I loved the smell and sound of a storm and I was glad that this world was made so that the weather could get to this point.  Most people were put indoors when something as strong as this storm came in. But not me. Ever since I was a kid I had lived for the sound of the thunder and lightning. 

A flashback of my mother came across my mind and I was so glad that the water falling all around me faded into my tears that had formed on my face. I didn't need any of the players around here seeing me like this. 

thoughts of home were not what I needed right now. I remember how my mother used to take me outside and stand in the rain so I wouldn't be afraid and that is what I needed to do now. I couldn't be afraid and I can't wish for what is out of my reach. If I stay focused I will get back to see her once more. 

my mental babble was drifting off into the sound of the storm as my body and armor became soaked from the storm.  It enveloped me like an old friend.  I then heard the voice of someone singing.  And a smile came onto my face. It was weird to see but in the distance there was a player singing in the rain and the song sounded so familiar. I took a deep breath to clense my mind and made my way  to the player, I listened to his singing and when the song came to a close I let him know of my being here by clapping along  with the raindrops that were pounding on the ground. 

Macradon would set the tables to the side again, quickly dusting them off as he would be closing his shop for today. It was a quiet day, so not much had happened. He would sigh and close the shop, hang the 'Closed' sign up and lock the door into the shop. He would look up into the sky, it was getting cloudy, though he was still in need of the mats. "Gotta go before the rain picks up some pace" he thought for himself. He would wrap himself tightly in his robes, getting ready to leave the town of beginnings. It was quite a deja vu, last time he just went for a stroll after closing his shop, the same weather was appearing. Rain. 

He was heading towards the opening of the town out towards the fields. He was wearing his robes and on top of that all his armor. On his back was his sword Crusader strapped onto a leather scabbard. He would rush out before the rain began to fall down but he wasn't quick enough. He had run all the way out to the exit, but that was then the first pair of drops began to land on his forehead. "Oh well, gotta take my hood up then ..." he thought and took the hood of his robes up to shield him from the rain.

Macradon would soon hear something, someone, singing in the distance. Who could that be. He rushed towards the area only to see someone he recognized. It was Coddexx. "Oi, hey Coddexx!" he said as he came closer. "I hear someone singing!" he said. He was getting closer and closer, then only to see someone singing. That was the source of the sound, the source of the music.

Red quit singing and wiped some of the water off of his face at the sound of applauding near him. Not even caring what type of player it could be, Red went out and spoke: "Eh, my voice in Aincrad, well, at least my singing voice, sounds a lot better than IRL. Tell you that much." Red smirked and turned to the player, who was obviously older than Red and maybe just a tad bit stronger. "May I ask who you are??? I am Red." Red cut to the chase quickly, with a smile still on his face. "You ever heard that artist before??? It's the All-American Rejects. Kind of old for our time, but still a very good artist, eh????" Red wondered if the reason this player was clapping was because he liked the band.  "Yah, I haven't been out much recently. I have no idea if we'll have a white Christmas or not, but right now it's not seeming like it. Aincrad changes it's weather a lot, you know???" Then Red noticed another player, Identifying the player who was applauding as "Codexx". Then Red turned to this new player. "Hey there! My name's Red. And you are????" Red smiled a friendly smile, and began to scan the surrounding surface again, wiping some rain off his face again. It could have very well been sweat though, Red got nervous around other people a lot. Red opened his inventory, and searched for any kind of helmet or anything. Just some vanity item to help him in the rain. But he had no leather items, just a ton of heavy armor items crafted by smiths named "Draterion" and "Finnick". Red thanked them for everything he owned, without their items, he would not exist today. Well, that's the way he saw it anyway. "Okay, so.... You guys know of any mini-bosses around these parts??? Maybe we could go find a quest... Just a simple one, where we fight an easy mini-boss. I really want to for some reason."

I looked at the boy and smiled. Well I definatly liked the song. Good band too it brings back memories.  "It sounded pretty good you may look into being a performer for your prefesion. You may enjoy it." I did a small spin in the rain because I am super drenched. "I'm Coddexx I've been here for a little while. Yeah they are a bit old but I like them a lot. It brings back memories." Seeing Macradon I waved my hand in greeting. " this is Macradon. He's the blacksmith who forged my blade." I drew Silverlight from my back and waved it a bit cutting through the rain. " it's real nice. He may not be the mode famous but I like his work."  I thought about his question and thought of the wasp queen " what level are you? I can think of a field boss but I don't know where it is exactly or even if it's on this floor." I looked over to Macradon " have you fought the wasp queen?"

Macradon arrived at the two, seeing that Coddexx had already engaged in chatter, Macradon was only to bump into them. "As he said, I'm Macradon, nice to meet you, Red" he said as he took off his hood so they could all see his face. Nothing worse than a person introducing themselves hiding away in the shadows. He saw Coddexx wave Sliverlight around in the rain, it was great seeing that sword again. "It's nice that you still have that sword, I hope it's put to good use in your hands!" he said to Coddexx. It has been a while since he came to Macradon's shop and buy the sword, but it still seemed like the sword he made, not much had changed.The two of them were discussing about a band and the song Red were singing back then. Macradon didn't recognize the name of that band at all and neither the lyrics. Though it was quite nice so he probably would take a listen at them when he would get back into the real worlds again.

Coddexx came with a question, it was about some mini bosses or field bosses. "Yeah, I've fought the queen wasp once" he said. Though it was some time ago, he still remembered that he took it down in 1 clean hit, which was rather boring. "I may not be to much help when questing, I'd just kill them and get no loot from them whatsoever, so I'd probably be the tank or the one jumping in if you're in trouble" he'd say. He wasn't sure what the two wanted to fight, but if it was something that would be too dangerous for those two alone, Macradon could give a hand.

Red had heard of the quest before, and remembered the time he had the idea of doing it with Ebony, and tanking with her... But that was like a month ago. Red hadn't done much in that month, and hadn't spoken to Ebony, his crush, at all in the last month. But he also remembered that the quest was on floor two. "Hey, guys, I think that quest is on floor two.... Maybe their are some special mobs out their for us to go fight, and have some differences for the Christmas Season!!!" Red smiled, and wondered if there could be a Christmas mini-boss anywhere around. Certainly not on a rainy day such as thing. Red began to walk off in the opposite direction, before turning around to Codexx: "That's a nice sword you got their! Macrodon, I presume you are a.... decent smith???" Red smiled as he pulled out his shield. "This shield here, it has +2 Paralyze. It's name is Aegis, you might recognize it from Greek myth. But anyways, I need another better shield crafted. I have heard of one, a tier three shield, named Aegis+. It has another stat added to the item, I  don't remember what it was, but if you could, I would love to have it crafted. Of course, with a shield like that, that would require a high amount of col. But I got it covered. Any price you desire, I can retrieve for you." Red hoped he wouldn't go anywhere over 5,000 col, but if he was any type of real gentleman he wouldn't. 

Looking at Macradon I smiled. "Yeah I've grown pretty close to Silverlight.  I had her appraised and now she had +1 bleed as well as the +2 dmg. " letting red's comment sink in I realized he was right. "Yeah I guess you were right. That boss is on floor two. I know a good hunting spot outside not too far from here.  There was a patch of woods where there are some good mobs around. I'm sure there is at least one special mob we could find." Smiling I turned my attention to the two and said. " By the way if you guys need some potions you should stop by my shop.  So Red have you thought of a profession?"

Macradon smile "Yeah I would say I'm a decent smith" he chuckled. It was a good idea to go up another floor to find some mobs to fight, some where they could get some loot. The first floor didn't yield that much of a challenge for any of them and Macradon wouldn't be able to do much about it. Red pointed out that he wanted to get a shield, a better one. The one he had now was Aegis, it really did look like the aegis from the lore, but he wanted the Aegis+. Macradon would probably be able to do so. "You know, I can make it for a fair price, let's say ... if you can get me 5 materials or 1000 col, I'd probably be able to work for you!" he said wit ha cheerful voice. His prices on blacksmiths were quite low compared to others, well not the material one because materials were a pain to get compared to Col.

Man. I have seen alchemist shops with prices for tier 3 POTIONS being 1500 col. But for an item that you will use permanently and not come back for more, That should be a lot more than a one use potion, wouldn't you think?? Eh, but life is the way it is, and alchemists will always make big bucks while blacksmiths are left in the dust. The way it will be here in SAORed looked around. "I wonder where the most mobs can be......" Even in the rain, Red noticed a forest. But with the rain the way it was, that wouldn't be the best idea. Red also noticed a couple of higher leveled wolves to the left of them, Ones that could potentially have enough health to grant us loot. "How about we head over there?????" Red smiled.

(OOC: Snowflake time! Macrodon and Red vs Coddexx!!!! Who will win?????)

Seeing a few mobs in the area that ace mentioned I said "sounds like a plan let's head that way" I drew my blade and followed the others that way knowing that there were three of us here together I knew that there shouldn't be much of a danger for us to take them on. It was a big difference having a small hunting party I could get used to being around these people and it was a lot more entertaining than soloing the whole time. "So what strategy do you guys propose I've never really fought mobs in groups of people so this will be a bit new for me" I said getting excited for the battle

(OOC: I don't think we can get snowflakes from this thread because it was made before the contest started)

[OOC: Yup, no snowflakes from this thread]

Macradon noticed the mobs, just some tanky ones roaming around intimidating the players in the area. It was true that the beast's health and mitigation was a nightmare, but its damage wasn't really much to compare. "Those wolves over there, if you guys go onto them and beat them, that'd be great. I'll jump in whenever needed, just in case something was happens" Macradon said. They were tough, but he was sure that these guys were tougher. These wolves were clad in their silver fur, even though it was raining the fur still had its fluff to it and the shiny light that sparkled off the wolves's fur only distracted players with beauty from their vicious mouth. "Show me what you're worth!" Macradon said with a battleready tone and pointed his hand towards the wolves.

Wolf 1: 41 HP, 4 dmg.
Wolf 2: 41 HP, 4 dmg.
Wolf 3: 41 HP, 4 dmg.

Edited by Macradon