[PP-F2] A lost child, and Giant Bats <<Let there be Light>> (Helios, Shizuka)

Nobuyuki has said goodbye to Ayumu, and went on to do his other bidding after apologizing for not being able to protect the young girl. For a while, he has seemed to forgot about the quest of the missing child. That is until recently, where he was reminded when someone discussing about earning a lot of money through a quest in floor 2. It has been a while since Nobuyuki has returned to this place. He still need to finish the quest of finding the lost little kid inside the cavern. Ever since his action has nearly cost a life of another fellow player, Nobuyuki has took extra precautions and carefully pick his partner. He would be better off died in a cave alone, than live a life, knowing that his action costed someone their lives. He stood still, next to the job board, looking around. It doesn't seemed like there's going to be anyone that's strong enough to venture into that cave. Letting out a sigh, he decided to went in alone. Sprang up from the job board, Nobuyuki pondered to himself as he walked out of town, entering the cave alone. But when he was on his way, he bumped his shoulder into someone. "I'm sorry there... Didn't notice you were walking." He bowed and apologized for his carelessness.

Edited by CaptainUndead
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Floor 2... Haven't been here in a while. a young man thought as he turned towards the entrance of the floor's capital. The second Helios turned to enter the city, he bumped into a man, who looked a few years older than him. "No, my bad." the boy said after the man tried to apologize to him. He noticed that he was walking from the direction of what looked to Helios like a job request board. "Excuse me. Do you plan on taking a quest? If you do, and you don't mind company, would you like to do it together?" the dark haired man asked, turning back towards the man, who was now walking past the exit. It had felt like forever since the boy had done a quest, especially one with another player. Not since Calrex and Takneil had accompanied him on <<Long Live The Queen>>. That felt like so long ago to the noirette. Helios wore his standard outfit with his curved sword on his back. Fighting with Kanshou, his blade, was quite entertaining. That would be one of the few things that the dark haired boy would miss after he escaped the game.

"Huh... Oh yeah, just finishing off what needs to be done. Feel free to tag along, but please don't get yourself into any troubles." Nobuyuki nodded. The boy seemed strong, but his equipments still were only beginners, which doesn't provide much of anything. Despite that, Nobuyuki let Helios tag along with his mission. Maybe he could get the quest done a lot faster if the boy tagged along. All Nobuyuki needed to do is to stay in front and took the mob aggro, then the boy behind him could have a breath. He wouldn't mind if the kid wouldn't provide much help. Nobuyuki like to do things alone, by his way.

"Alright, we're here. Now, you sure you wanted to go in? The mobs in here can be a little tough." Nobuyuki turned to the boy, reassuring his decision. He wouldn't want anything that recreated the situation he had with Ayumu like before. "Oh, right... Almost forgot." Nobuyuki suddenly remembered, as he opened the Party menu and invite the kid into his party. "My name is Tobi." He said as he gave the invitation, lied to Helios about his real identity. 

"I'll be fine. Nice to meet you, Tobi. My name's Helios" he stated, accepting the man's party request with a smile. Turning his head to Tobi, the noirette asked what quest they were doing. He never actually looked at the details back in the city, so he wasn't sure. Quickly, Helios looked at his party member's gear. Not a whole lot stronger than me, but he'll last longer in a fight. If he takes takes some aggro we'll be able to win this. It would be even easier if we had a high leveled player around. Where the heck's Calrex when you need him? he questioned himself, forcing himself not to laugh. "Well, I'm ready when you are. I'll follow you in." he told the man, reaching to unsheath his curved sword, made by Teion the blacksmith.

(Now we wait for Shizuka kek)

Edited by Helios

(I'm here kek)

Shizuka sighed as she eavesdropped on the two boys from within the shadows. Her cloak, normally standing out in the sunlight blended in with the darkness of the blackness that hid her from plain sight. Shizuka had heard that the two was going to go ahead and complete a quest... and that boy, Helios, had perked her interest. He was filled with ambition and kindness... Something that she hadn't had for quite a while to be honest. Shizuka sighed once more and looked over at the two before walking over, allowing the bottom of her cloak to fly in the wind, giving her a dramatic entrace as she walked over slowly to the two quest takers. Indeed, she had taken this quest a while ago with the help of Calrex and indeed, she had already completed the quest a long time ago with ease. Shizuka smirked, however, this quest was going to be easy... especially for her because as a healer, she won't be attacking and hence won't take any darkness limitations from this cave of bats. "I shall join you two. You'd need a healer." Shizuka said with a yawn. Hopefully, the two would provide her with entertainment because she was freaking bored at the moment. 

Nobuyuki was just about to enter the dark cave in his second attempt to find the lost child. That was when he heard the familiar voice from behind. "Oh... I remember her." Nobuyuki quickly turned around, and standing just right behind Helios was the healer of the Azure Brigade: Shizuka. "Always so flashy with the entrance." The young warrior muttered inaudible words, shaking his head lightly. Then, he spoke aloud in an carelessness manner. "As long as you don't get yourself into troubles. The bat isn't that strong but... Just be careful." With his warning words, Nobuyuki sent a party invitation to Shizuka. With the party set, he entered the dark cave, searching for the lost girl

[Objective: Get a +15 Loot Dice in order to find the lost girl.]

The resonant cries of a small child brought an eerie atmosphere to the whole cave, much like last time he entered this cave. But now he's much more stronger and well equipped for the task. The echoes of the child's cries seemed like it was just around the corner, but when Nobuyuki looked, nothing was in sight. That is, when a loud squeak echoed from deeper inside the cave. A Giant Bat slowly approached the party, as Nobuyuki unsheathed his sword and stood ready. The bat swooped down and tried to attacked him, but missed. Before Nobuyuki was able to attack, the bat ascended back up, avoiding the attack.

ID: 43680

LD: 6 

Failed

ID: 43684

BD: 4 {Missed}

Giant Bat: 3 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 48/48 HP | Energy: 12/12 | Hate: 0 [Savvy] 

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy: ?/? | Hate: 0

Shizuka: 104/104 | Energy: 26/26 | Hate: 0

VS

Giant Bat: 75/75 HP | 25 DMG.

Edited by CaptainUndead

Helios was quite surprised when he heard the voice of a woman behind them. "Oh, Shizuka. How's it going?" he asked with a smile. Although he might not have shown it, he was quite happy to see the girl, since it had been some time since they had first met in the jungles of Floor 7. As Tobi entered the cavern, the dark haired boy followed, unsheathing his curved sword after they entered. Watching as his acquaintance missed their attack, the noirette's expression turned a bit more serious. "It's too high for any of us to hit at the moment. We'll need to wait until It comes lower." he stated. Suddenly, he heard the shriek of a young girl. He looked at the other male in the party, who clearly couldn't tell where it was coming from. "The girl's over there." he said, pointing in the direction of the cries. Hopefully we can get over to the child without being attacked by that. Of course, we're going to have to fight it either way. he thought, clutching his blade tight.

ID: 43697 BD: 1+2=3 LD: 15

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4
CaptainUndead: 48/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 75/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

Shizuka sighed and shook her head when Tobi decided that it was wise to heed her a warning.  Pfft... Me? Shizuka thought. I'm level 26... I can survive well without the guidance of others. She thought... Knowing fully well what she was capable of doing. Of course, she had already had a plan and that was to search for the girl while the two others distract the bat and give it a tough fight. Still, she remained silent in order to maintain her laziness and to maintain the peace as once she speaks out against him... the glass barrier of peace shall be scattered and boy she doesn't want that from a DPS. Hence, Shizuka gulped down her words and followed the other into the cave while accepting the party request.

While they were walking into the darkness, Shizuka was asked a question by Helios and she had only one, simple answer that she needed to say. "Pleasant," Shizuka said. Of course, she could've definitely enhanced on that or she could've been honest and gone ahead to say that things were going to dog poop but that was not something she would share with Helios... Not this boy as he was one of the most optimistic people that she'd met so far... and she was the least that she had met so far. Shizuka sighed, hearing the footsteps as it echos through the darkness of the cave. 

However, Shizuka was useless against a bat... especially when none of her teammates were taking damage. Indeed, Shizuka would go ahead and run over to the little girl before patting her head, trying to calm her down and slow down her cry. Of course, despite her depression... There was always room for a softer side and an NPC that needed help was there to awaken her but only for the time being. Soon, the girl stopped, held Shizuka's hand and followed her to the two other party members. I must keep the girl safe at all costs.

Nobuyuki was more focused on the bats that he for a second forgot about the other two. Before he knows it, Shizuka has already made her way to the girl, comforting her. Nobuyuki put his concentration onto the incoming beast, trying to grabbed him. As it swooped down, He stepped a step back, and readied his sword art. One swung in a slant angle, followed by another swing consecutively, both slashed toward the bat's body. It shrieked in pain, as the beast slowly ascended back to the top of the cave. Nobuyuki steadied his footing, readied to attack the giant bat once again when it swoop down.

Unknowingly to Shizuka, another bat was lurking in the dark. It speed out from the darkness and swooped down, trying to attack the pink haired girl. Luckily, the bat missed her hair by centimeters. Now surrounded and faced with no other option, Shizuka was forced to engage combat. Nobuyuki now notice that their healer is being attacked by yet another monster. He turned to Helios and told him in a commanding tone. "Helios, go to Shizuka and help her. Try to not get hit. I'll come right over and take the mob's aggro as well." 

ID: 43761 ; 43762

BD: 7+1-1=7 {Hit!}

MOB: 8-3=5 {Missed} ; 5 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 48/48 HP | Energy: 9/12 | Hate: 1 [Savvy] 

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy: ?/? | Hate: 0

Shizuka: 104/104 | Energy: 26/26 | Hate: 0

VS

Giant Bat 1: 55/75 HP | 25 DMG

Giant Bat 2: 75/75 HP | 25 DMG

Edited by CaptainUndead

Swiftly, Helios rushed towards the winged beasts, which were now low enough to attack. The boy's curved sword began to glow green as he activated a sword skill, <<Fell Crescent>>. He leaped towards them and raised his blade, suddenly dropping down on a bat. The sword skill caused both of the mobs to take damage, which was quite helpful. Stepping back, the boy watched as Shizuka helped the NPC child back to their position. "Alright, I'll help them out. Tobi, keep the bats off of them as much as possible." he said, smirking a bit. The fight was relatively enjoyable, despite the amount of health their opponents started out with. Making his way towards the pink haired girl, he smiled. "You okay?" he asked the woman. Looking towards the mobs, he sighed. Why is there always a second one? I never get a break from this. he shook his head slightly, regaining concentration over the battlefield. He stared intently at the bats. If only there were bows in SAO, this could be a lot easier. Well, I guess we'll have to make due with what we have. he thought, lifting his sword.

ID: 43765 BD: 6+1=7

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 7/9
CaptainUndead: 48/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3 | Energy: 9/12
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 24/26

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 51/75 | D: 25
Giant Bat: 71/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

Shizuka sighed as the situation was becoming a nuisance. If only we had a high damage dealing player on our side. Shizuka thought before looking up at the two bats. Plus, the darkness of the cave will affect the players (-1 BD I think) so it would certainly make the bats even more frustrating than they already were. Shizuka sighed once more in annoyance as she lifted up her sword. Certainly, she was never truly the greatest damage dealer. In fact, she had literally no damage. However, she could prevent her fellow party members from taking damage by stunning her opponents. Shizuka smirked as she jumped up high into the air with a sword that she had had since the beginning of the game.

ID: 43838
BD: 9-1=8
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>> Activated

Shizuka hadn't originally wanted the massive damage. Indeed, she had actually wanted to inflict less damage. However, because of the penalty of the darkness, she was unable to inflict a critical and she honestly didn't even mind because she wouldn't have much hate on her. Shizuka sighed as she looked at the bat which she had paralyzed and smirked in amusement as it was unable to move.

HP List
CaptainUndead: 
48/48
   Energy: 9/12
      Hate: 1
Helios: 36/36
   Energy: ?/?
      Hate: 1
Shizuka: 104/104
   Energy: 24/26 (-2)
      Hate: 1 (+1)
Giant Bat: 51/75
   Damage: 25
Giant Bat: 67/75 (2 DMG * 2 SA = 4 DMG) [Paralyzed]
   Damage: 25

Edited by Shizuka

Once Nobuyuki knew that the giant bat behind him is paralyzed, he gre a smirk on his face. Knowing the bat wouldn't be able to do anything to his partners since it was now under paralysis, Nobuyuki could focus on one of them only. Then, he came up with a plan. Slowly backing to the paralyzed bats, he kept a keen eye on the bat still flying above. It swooped down in an attempted to attack the young warrior, just like he wanted it to. Nobuyuki quickly stepped aside. The bat missed the attack and clashed right against the other one, momentarily stunned itself. The opening gap was just what Nobuyuki needed. Activated his sword art, he charged forward, and delivered a heavy slash onto the bat stomach. He spun around, connected the second strike in the side of both of them. Following the momentum, he gave the third slash onto the other bat, then the final strike onto both of them on the other side. Both take reasonable damage, as one of the bat came flew back up to the ceiling, while the other one only stirred, still under the effect of paralysis. "Don't attack this round. Wait until both of them had their aggro on me, then attack." Nobuyuki suggested his partners, readied his sword for the incoming attack.

ID: 43853

BD: 9+1-1=9 {Crititcal Hit!}

MOB: 5 {Missed} ; Paralyzed

CaptainUndead: 48/48 HP | Energy: 2/12 | Hate: 2 [Savvy]

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy: ?/? | Hate: 1

Shizuka: 104/104 HP | Energy: 24/26 | Hate: 1

VS

Giant Bat 1: 27/75 HP | 25 DMG (- (6 * Vertical Square: 4x1) = -24 DMG)

Giant Bat 2: 43/75 HP | 25 DMG (- (6 * Vertical Square: 4x1) = -24 DMG)

Edited by CaptainUndead

Helios nodded in agreement with the man. He was scared that if he attacked it would aggro on him, or worse, Shizuka. Tobi had some mitigation, so if he were to take the aggro it wouldn't effect him as much. But the bat could easily two-hit the dark haired boy and the woman wouldn't last long either. Instead of moving, he sat back and waited for his acquaintance to tank for them. Even with his defensive stats, he won't be able to do much. We'll have to kill these things fast then. he decided, turning his head towards the pink haired girl, who was protecting the young child. As his eyes wandered back to the man, he waited for the bat to aggro. Helios would have to be ready to strike if he planned on landing the hit. I have <<Concentration>> from the Gemini I fought back on Floor 6. That'll boost my accuracy if I activate it.

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 7/9 | Hate: 1
CaptainUndead: 48/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3 | Energy: 9/12 | Hate: 2
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 24/26 | Hate: 1

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 27/75 | D: 25
Giant Bat: 43/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

Shizuka sighed as she sat down next to the girl. If she was not wanted to attack... So be it. Shizuka put up her hood even higher to hide her face more as she stared at the ground. This is so boring... Shizuka thought before an idea spun into mind. Hey. I think I have time for a ramen break. Shizuka realized. Indeed, recently, during battles, she had taken a liking to eating ramen in the middle of it all due to the fact that they sort of refresh her mind and in general, they taste well so why not if she was not going to be involved in the actual combat. Plus, she didn't have to worry about her precious ramen being sent to the ground as she had no hate on her. Shizuka started slurping away and that was when she realized that Helios was also not attacking and was standing nearby. "Want one?" She asked in an emotionless, toneless tone that she had used so much recently.

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 7/9 | Hate: 1
CaptainUndead: 48/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3 | Energy: 9/12 | Hate: 2
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 25/26 | Hate: 1

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 27/75 | D: 25

When Nobuyuki took a glance over the his shoulder, he could see Shizuka eating her ramen without a care of what's happening. Rolled his eyes in annoyance, he reverted his focus back to the bats, concentrated his mind onto the fight. "Unbelievable." He sighed, glanced at the paralyzed bats. The paralysis effect has worn out, and now both have their attention on Nobuyuki, just what he wanted. Stepped a few step to a side, Nobuyuki readied for the bat to attack him first. Both flew in at once, aiming for the young warrior. Nobuyuki tumbled forward, avoid the attack. Got back up on his feet, the boy leaped forward, and struck the with a downward strike. The slash connected, went through the bat's torso. It let out another squeak in pain, as both took their time to ascended back into the air, leaving a small window for his partners to make their attacks. 

ID: 43915 ; 43916

BD: 6+1-1=6 {Hit!}

MOB: 5 {Missed} ; 5 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 48/48 HP | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 3 [Savvy]

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy: 8/9 | Hate: 1

Shizuka: 104/104 HP | Energy: 25/26 | Hate: 1

VS

Giant Bat 1: 12/75 HP | 25 DMG (- (5 * Sonic Leap: 1x3) = -15 DMG)

Giant Bat 2: 43/75 HP | 25 DMG 

Edited by CaptainUndead

The black haired player was surprised to see Shizuka eating ramen in the middle of a fight. But, as usual, he was calm about it. "I'm alright. Somebody's gotta protect you while you eat it." he chuckled. Helios decided to wait one more turn before rushing in and attacking the bats. The mobs had their aggro on Tobi, but he still wanted to make sure they wouldn't turn around and attack the pink haired girl who sat behind him while she was eating. Ramen on the battlefield probably isn't the smartest idea, but hey, I'm not going to get mad over that. I'm surprised though, I've never seen anybody take the game less serious than that. he sighed, glancing towards the girl for a moment, and then turning back to the bats, blade raised.

ID: 43926 BD: 1-1=1

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 6/9 | Hate: 1
CaptainUndead: 48/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3 | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 3

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 12/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

Shizuka smirked as she slurped up the remaining ramen that was left in her bowl. She didn't let a single bit of the goodness go to waste and finally, having drunk the soup and savored the flavor. Shizuka smiled and stood up while rubbing her stomach, now full of food and she was pleased that her hunger had gone away. It was then that she realized the NPC girl beside her was staring at her hungrily so Shizuka pulled out another bowl of ramen and provided it for the girl in which the result had been the girl becoming quite cheerful now that she had gotten some sort of food that she had lacked during her time stranded here. I know that she's just an NPC... But she's also just a little girl. Shizuka thought, debating between whether the ramen had been wasted and she had managed to waste her turn while deciding this through her mind. Ugh... What a waste of time. She thought as she sat down once more, picked up a pebble and began to toss it up and down, waiting for someone to get hurt so she can get some healing done.

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 6/9 | Hate: 1
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 25/26 | Hate: 1

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 12/75 | D: 25

Nobuyuki was so caught up with the fighting, he didn't notice anything that's happening around him. All he cares about at that moment is to kill the two bats. Nobuyuki became more aggressive in his attack. Using the coils as his leverage, he boosted himself upward and swung his sword. The sword was just a little too short for the attack the connect. As he fell down onto the floor, both of the bats lunged forward. He ducked aside, avoiding both attack with ease. By this point, Nobuyuki has grown tired of these two bats. With their height advantage, it's hard to land his attack. Panting, Nobuyuki began thinking of a different tactic, or another way to approached the situation. While doing so, He saw Shizuka still sitting duck. Nobuyuki got more annoyed at the fact that Shizuka wasn't providing any help, despite the fact she asked to tag along. He let out a sigh, doubting her real intention of joining him on the quest.

ID: 44012 ; 44013

BD: 3+1-1= 3 {Missed}

MOB: 2 {Missed} ; 5 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 48/48 HP | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 3 [Savvy]

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy: 8/9 | Hate: 1

Shizuka: 104/104 HP | Energy: 25/26 | Hate: 1

VS

Giant Bat 1: 12/75 HP | 25 DMG 

Giant Bat 2: 43/75 HP | 25 DMG

Edited by CaptainUndead

Tobi wasn't hard for Helios to read. He was clearly pissed that the pink haired girl behind them wasn't doing anything. This made the dark haired boy chuckle a bit. It's probably a good thing she doesn't need to help, since she's our healer. It basically means we aren't dying. She doesn't do much damage anyway, so if she wants to sit back, she can go ahead. he thought. The noirette's blade began to glow green once again as he lunged towards a bat, activating <<Fell Crescent>> once again. Damaging both mobs at once was helpful, since it made the fight end a lot faster. He leaped into the air, raising his sword. Upon reaching the bat, he brought the curved sword down, slashing through his opponent with a downward blow. AoE damage caused it to hurt them both. "If only I dealt a bit more damage." he muttered, sighing.

ID: 44018 BD: 8

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 4/9 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 8/75 | D: 25
Giant Bat: 39/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

Shizuka stood up. Still, she was feeling quite lazy yet she knew that she would have to eventually do something or else the two other players would become extremely upset with her. Already, she was feeling the disappointment given to her by the two other players. However, no matter what she did... she only had such little amount of damage that she could manage to muster and it was literally equivalent to an ant's damage on a player. Indeed, her damage level was completely useless and there was legit no reason for her to actually attack. Still, she guessed that it wouldn't hurt if she stunned one of the bats in able to ensure the safety of Captain Undead as the atmosphere was becoming more filled with tension by the moment. Alrighty. Shizuka thought, her eyes glimmering with darkness. Let's stun then. She thought before charging up to the second bat.

ID: 44252
BD: 8-1=7
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>> Activated

Shizuka was hoping for a nice and easy paralysis effect. However, due to the darkness, she was unable to do such a thing. Shizuka smirked, however when her sword made contact and she was pleased with the stun that her sword had been able to inflict upon the bat. Such a weak mob... Shizuka thought. So unimportant in this game of death. Shizuka realized as she closed her eyes, leaving the bat on the ground, stunned that it had been delivered a hit upon. 

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 4/9 | Hate: 2
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 24/26 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 8/75 | D: 25
Giant Bat: 35/75 | D: 25 (2 DMG * 2 SA = 4 DMG)

Edited by Shizuka