[PP-F2] A lost child, and Giant Bats <<Let there be Light>> (Helios, Shizuka)

"Finally she did something to help." Nobuyuki shook his head. Even thought her damage is the lowest of the three, it still help out the situation somewhat. Any points of damage still count. Nobuyuki stood tall, waiting for the bat to strike. Both of them now on the floor, let out a loud shriek as they lunged toward the young warrior. Nobuyuki waited until the right moment, before he took a step backward, avoiding the bats' attack, and delivered his own, the vertical strike slashed through the body of the bat. As it was knocked down onto the ground. One more hit would secured the kill. Nobuyuki was glad that no one has taken any damage yet, unlike the last time which turned horrendously. 

ID: 44256; 44257

BD: 8+1-1=8 {Hit!}

MOB: 8-3=5 {Missed} ; 4 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 48/48 HP | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 4 [Savvy]

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy: 5/9 | Hate: 2

Shizuka: 104/104 HP | Energy: 25/26 | Hate: 2

VS

Giant Bat 1: 3/75 HP | 25 DMG ( -5 DMG)

Giant Bat 2: 35/75 HP | 25 DMG

Edited by CaptainUndead
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Activating the sword art, <<Fell Crescent>>, for a third time, he planned his attack on the bats. One was a single hit away from dying, which was perfect for Helios. Maybe that will give me a chance to obtain some loot. he thought, beginning to make his move against their opponents. The two large, winged creatures had their backs turned to him, giving him an advantage against them. Helios' blade slashed through the bats, turning one into shiny, blue particles that indicated it's death. "Alright, go for it!" he exclaimed, hoping they could end the fight soon. It was starting to bore the young man a bit. At least I'll get some rewards for completing this.

ID: 44396 BD: 8

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 2/9 | Hate: 3
CaptainUndead: 48/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3 | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 4
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 24/26 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 0/75 | D: 25
Giant Bat: 31/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

And with that attack, the bat had been taken out completely. However, there was yet another one that would require the attention of Shizuka and she would try to stun the bat this time as she couldn't remember whether paralysis leaves the target immune for a turn. Whatever.  Shizuka thought, preparing her <<Uppercut>> sword art which would hopefully land and prevent the bat from attacking. Indeed, if she continues to do such deeds and prevent the bat from attacking, then there'd be no way that the bat could possibly deal any damage to any of them. How annoying... What a boring fight... Why can't one of you get hurt so I can heal you? Shizuka thought, despite the fact that she really shouldn't.

ID: 44448
BD: 2-1=1

Sword Art <<Uppercut>> Activated

Shizuka was unable to stun the bat. She had missed her target completely when she leaped into what she thought was the bat but turned out wasn't. She shook her head in disappointment before turning to retreat calmly. Indeed, the bat was not targeting her so she had no worries about her safety. And the other two wouldn't be worried because of me. Shizuka thought, eyes glimmering in the darkness. 

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 2/9 | Hate: 3
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 23/26 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Edited by Shizuka

While Shizuka was busy attacking what she thought to be the giant Bat, Nobuyuki was having his struggle in hitting the bat as well. With the darkness of the cave to its advantage, Nobuyuki could hardly see anything in the dark, all but the glowing of the swords of his partners, telling him their position. "Focus. Just keep your focus and... " His thoughts was interrupted as the bat came out from the dark and lunged at him from the air. Nobuyuki was quick enough to ducked under the bat, but he was unfortunately too slow to be able to hit it with his sword. Standing with his sword held high,, Nobuyuki readied for the second round.

ID: 44481

BD: 3+1-1=3 {Missed}

MOB: 6-3=3 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 48/48 HP | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 4 [Savvy]

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy: 3/9 | Hate: 2

Shizuka: 104/104 HP | Energy: 24/26 | Hate: 2

VS

Giant Bat 1: 0/75 HP | 25 DMG 

Giant Bat 2: 35/75 HP | 25 DMG

Edited by CaptainUndead

The second the man was nearly hit by the large bat, Helios rushed into to assist. He swung his curved sword and created a crimson red line in the mob, which indicated that it took damage. Finding himself back in a position near Shizuka and the young child, he sighed. "When is this fight going to end?" he questioned himself, unsure of how audible he was. Hoping the young man who was busy tanking the bat would land a strong blow, the male waited for an opportunity to strike, turning his head to the pink haired girl behind him every little while.

ID: 44621 BD: 8-1=7

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 1/9 | Hate: 3
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 23/26 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Edited by Helios

Shizuka had no intention of attacking this turn as the girl had started to cry. Indeed, she was going to comfort her by leading her way away from the battle and playing with her. Of course, she was too lazy to run around... She just simply watched as the girl began to pick up rocks and rocks before chugging them across the cave perimeter with no intentions as to why she is doing such a thing at all. It seemed like the girl was quite bored and to be honest, Shizuka was getting more bored by the second as the battle continued. She had no idea why she had come along especially since absolutely no one had taken any damage for her to heal. With a yawn, she realized that the girl was quite similar to her as a child. She had been innocent but now, she was changed. It sure took her back to those days... Perhaps she might be able to find something that changes her back to who she used to be and she sure would like that. 

While in the dark, Nobuyuki couldn't tell anything apart. Everything is pitch black. Relying on his sense of hearing to locate the bat, he was distracted by the girl's crying. That was all it need. The moment Nobuyuki turned back, the bat was already right in front of him. Couldn't duck aside quick enough, the bat slammed onto him head on. It managed to took a bite out of his shoulder. Didn't react in time, Nobuyuki wasn't able to return a hit. The bat knocked him clean off his feet. "Gahh!" Nobuyuki let out a cough, getting the air knocked out of his lung. stumbling to get up, he found himself separated from the group. "Crap... I need to get back to the party." He thought as the young warrior stumbling on his feet, getting up from the floor. "Just keep calm, and follow the noises. It will lead you back." Nobuyuki slowly trod forward, cautiously kept a look out for any sudden noises. 

[Shizuka's Objective: To heal Nobuyuki, you must roll a 15 or higher on LD to find him first.]

ID: 44690

BD: 4+1-1=4 {Missed}

MOB: 10 {Total Critical Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 34/48 HP | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 4 |

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy:  2/9 | Hate: 3 |

Shizuka: 104/104 HP | Energy: 25/26 | Hate: 2 |

VS

Giant Bat: 31/75 HP | 25 DMG |

Edited by CaptainUndead

Damn. He was hit. Helios thought, getting ready to make an attack against the bat. The young man turned his head towards the pink haired girl, who was still looking after the child. "Looks like you get to heal somebody after all." he chuckled before looking at the large bat. It seemed to be waiting to strike the man once again, although it was too dark for him to be positive. I'll have to assume he's about to be attacked again. I'd better help out quickly. the player decided, rushing towards the monster. Once the mob became low enough to hit, the dark haired boy slashed at it, dealing a bit more damage. He smirked as the bat flew up a bit higher, making a slight screech.

ID: 44746 BD: 9-1=8

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 0/9 | Hate: 4
CaptainUndead: 34/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3 | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 4
Shizuka: 104/104 | D: 2 | E: 2 | Energy: 25/26 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 27/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

Shizuka frowned. "Indeed," Shizuka said. However, she was unable to pinpoint where the injured boy was. Of course, he needed a bit of treatment even though it wasn't fatal. Shizuka truly needed to see him yet she was unable to which means she had to go ahead and try to find him in the dark before actually attempting to give him a healing boost. With a sigh, Shizuka stood up and started to walk, hoping she could, at least, hear something or see an outline of the boy in order to walk up and activate her first aid skill from close-up.

ID: 44799
LD: 5

Shizuka sighed. There was no way she could find the boy here in the darkness. With yet another sigh, Shizuka returned back to her original spot where she could somehow see Helios. "Yeah. I can't find him. Ti's near impossible here in the darkness." She said, watching the girl playing with stones while she leaned against the cave wall. This sure is fun. Shizuka thought. At least I'll be getting the skill points by the end of this... That is why I'm here.

Edited by Shizuka

Walking in the dark, Nobuyuki finally found his partners inside the dark cave. He could hear the bat squeaking, along with Shizuka and Helios' voices echoing through the cave. Finally returned to the battle, Nobuyuki was immediately targeted by the bat again. Ducked under the bat, Nobuyuki thrust his sword upward on the bat. Using his shoulder he pushed the bat away from him. "Sorry for that. I got a little lost." Nobuyuki smirked, revert his eyes back to the bat, scrambling to get back up onto it's feet.

ID: 44801

BD: 10 {Total Critical Hit!}

MOB: 2 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 34/48 HP | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 4 |

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy:  2/9 | Hate: 3 |

Shizuka: 104/104 HP | Energy: 25/26 | Hate: 2 |

VS

Giant Bat: 18/75 HP | 25 DMG | ( - (8+1) = -9 HP)

Edited by CaptainUndead

Helios chuckled as the man wandered back to them. "Maybe you should get Shizuka to heal you a bit." he told him, getting ready to make his next attack. As the bat rushed down to attack, the dark haired player swung his blade, slashing their opponent and landing a critical hit. A smirk grew on his face as it screeched, flying back up where it couldn't be hit. "Awesome. We'll be able to end this soon." he smiled, looking at the party.

ID: 44819 BD: 10

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 0/9 | Hate: 3
CaptainUndead: 34/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3 | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 4

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 12/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

Shizuka sighed. She had actually hoped that she didn't have to heal Tobi due to her laziness but it couldn't be helped as she was probably expected to do such as a thing as a healer... Not just a healer but one of the greatest healers in the entirety of Aincrad. Oh well. Shizuka thought before walking up to the man and attempting a heal. It would be a lot harder here in the darkness but it shouldn't affect someone like her. With a smirk, she walked over to Tobi, placed her hand on his back and concentrated the skill into her hand before hoping that it would actually work here in the darkness.

ID: 44839
CD: 1+3=4-1=3
<<First Aid>> Not activated

Shizuka was about to face success when the NPC girl that she was supposed to rescue decide that she was simply going to pounce on her leg due to boredom. Shizuka cursed and watched as her turn went by just like that. How annoying. Shizuka thought as she took the hand of the girl and literally dragged her a few steps back in order to provide both her and the girl with safety. Shouldn't matter though. That bat doesn't have much health left over. She realized with common sense.

Edited by Shizuka

Nobuyuki stood still for a while, waiting for Shizuka to healed him up, but for a while, he saw nothing happened. The bat is coming, and there's not much time to react. Nobuyuki decided to took action. He stood up, and swung his sword in an uppercut. One slash over the face of the bat as it flew toward both him and the healer. "That was a close one." Nobuyuki said under his breath in relief as he pushed the bat away. Taken damage, the bat was knocked off track, and instead slammed into the wall. "NOW!" Nobuyuki shouted, waiting for someone to deal the finishing blow. The bat's health bar is at the red mark, and one well place hit would sealed the kill.

ID: 45002

BD: 9 {Critical Hit!}

MOB: 3 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 34/48 HP | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 5 |

Helios: 36/36 HP | Energy:  1/9 | Hate: 4 |

Shizuka: 104/104 HP | Energy: 26/26 | Hate: 2 |

VS

Giant Bat: 4/75 HP | 25 DMG | ( - (7+1) = -8 HP)

Edited by CaptainUndead

Sprinting towards the group's opponent, Helios raised his sword. I haven't missed once this fight, let's not ruin that streak. the boy thought, pulling down the blade. Surprisingly, the bat swiftly flew out of the way, making the dark haired player slash the hard wall of the cave instead. "Well, that was unexpected. I was hoping to get a drop from it." the player muttered, waiting for one of the party members to attack.

ID: 45074 BD: 2

Party:

Helios: 36/36 | D: 4 | Energy: 0/9 | Hate: 4
CaptainUndead: 34/48 | D: 5 | M: 11 | E: 3 | Energy: 0/12 | Hate: 5

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 4/75 | D: 25

Edited by Helios

ID: 45514
BD: 7-1=6
LD: 1+2=3 (1 MAT)
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>> Activated

Shizuka grinned. She saw the bat proceeding towards the party once more and she sensed a great opportunity to actually get a hit and perhaps finish off the bat. Shizuka groaned and took a deep breath, preparing for combat as she was unquestionably not one that you'd want on the front of the party with her sword held up. However, she would definitely be able to strike the bat from up close like this. With a fluid arm motion, she was able to pierce the bat's body, sending it into its doom as Shizuka had managed to finish the remaining of its diminutive little health. What a shame.... It's a shame to be defeated by a healer such as this. Shizuka thought and backed off, accepting the one material that she would get a loot. Brilliant. Only one, though... I'll get some crafting done I guess.  She thought and yawned before stepping back to the two others, expecting one of them to begin walking out.

Total Material: 1

Edited by Shizuka

Seeing Shizuka finished the bat with quick work of with her weapon, Nobuyuki let out a sigh and sheathed his weapon. The three soon pack up their work as they proceed to leave the cave and returned to town. On their way back, Nobuyuki was bothered about Shizuka and her carelessness in battle. For a healer, she doesn't seemed like she care for anything else, especially the times where others need her assistance. "Shizuka, we need to talk." Nobuyuki spoke, stopped on his track as the other walked by him. 

"You doesn't seemed like you care much when you came and asked you join us, do you?" he asked, looking at the Healer of Azure Brigade. "I don't know what have gotten into you, but you're not the caring person you once was when I first met you. I'm not telling truth, nor lies, but I have had my trust in you when we first met on that cliff, that you had something special. But turns out, you're just like other people who doesn't give a damn what happened. There are people who risk their lives out there, real lives. You don't get a second chance in this game. You died in here, you died for real. To be honest, I could care less what really happened to you after that day, but if you ever planned to get out of here with your life, you better start focused on the battles, and help the others fight." He scowled her, toughened his voice.

Helios stood ahead of the two players, listening to the man speak. He frowned as he listened to the dark haired man start an argument with Shizuka. Of course, he did have a point. The woman had not done a whole lot of help against the bats. On the other hand, they didn't really need any help. Neither of them had lost much health in the end, which was good. The pink haired girl had tagged along to help heal them, which the two boys did not end up needing. He turned around, looking directly at Tobi.

"Don't be so hard on her, Tobi. Just because she didn't do a whole lot of damage to the bat doesn't mean she doesn't care. Neither of us took a lot of damage while we were fighting those bats, so she didn't have to do any healing. She's a healer and doesn't even do a whole ton of damage, so why would you expect her to help out so much?" he started, not happy with the way the man had spoken to the pink haired girl. "Shizuka is the healer of the Azure Brigade, the strongest guild in all of Aincrad. She has most definitely risked her life more than once and her life isn't any less valuable than another player's. You don't know what she has gone through in her life or what she has seen, so don't assume that she doesn't care. I'm not asking you to be best friends with her or anything, but don't go calling her out like that. If Azure trusts her, than we should have no reason not to."

ID: 45753 LD: 11
+ 275 Col

Edited by Helios

Shizuka's eyebrows went straight up as she heard the brave words of Tobi. Indeed, perhaps she had changed. Actually, she was fully aware that she had changed and she knew exactly where this change had come from. Still, she was not pleased with the fact that Tobi, someone much less in position had decided that he was going to scold Shizuka for "not paying attention". Sure, she had been eating ramen for a bit of the battle and keeping an eye on the child. However, she was quite focused. As a healer, she had no need to dodge any attacks nor did she need to attack. Her damage was equivalent to nothing and the fact that she had landed the last hit was a surprise even to her. All she had to do was monitor her party's health and hope that luck was on her side. Of course, most of the time, it truly wasn't on her side but she knew that she was one of the best healers in Aincrad and she had no desire for a lecture from someone such as the boy in front of her. Shizuka didn't back down from the man's challenge and instead, stared straight into his eyes with the coldness that she held in her eyes. "I am fully aware of my change, mind you. I am focused when I need to focus and here I had no need to do such a thing. It is the outcome that matters, not the way that one goes about to complete it. Here, I was eating ramen and taking naps but the outcome was still perfect wasn't it? Hell, I would've liked you to get hurt a bit so I can heal you." Shizuka scowled angrily. and despite the fact that she was quite short, it felt like she was on the top of the Empire State Building. "You are a weak fool, Tobi. People are not influenced by you. You have no power nor influence. Time is something that flows around without stopping and you are just another unimportant play thing for Kayaba. Come seek me when you become stronger." With that, Shizuka turned to leave but soon stopped next to Helios and without looking at him as she was facing directly in front of her. "I'm not sure anymore... Not even sure if Azure trusts me." And finally, she walked off into the distance, her eyes gleaming in defiance and her hair flowing through the wind as her robes accompanied her exit dramatically. 

ID: 45737
LD: 12
300 Col

Edited by Shizuka

Looking at Shizuka as she walk away, Nobuyuki had an angry look in his eyes, all most pissed off. Not only does she didn't see her mistakes, she down right insulted him. Through out his days in Sword Art Online, he and Shizuka are two completely different person, both methods of fighting, and how they act. She has always been careless, manipulative, and always had everything given to her. Nobuyuki on the other hand has to work for everything. He never asked for any help, always managed to get the work done by himself, and work his hair out to get him where he was now. How dare her judging him and calling him a weakling. Nobuyuki stormed out with furious anger. "I will show you. Just you wait. I can be strong." 

ID: 45742

LD: 5

Received: 125 Cols

Edited by CaptainUndead

Before watching the two players walk off in different directions, Helios listened to Shizuka's words about the Azure Brigade no longer trusting her. His attention was turned mainly to the pink haired girl, as he looked in her direction, watching her leave the scene. "No, I don't think that's true. You seem like a better person than some people might think. Azure trusts you, otherwise you wouldn't be a member." he mumbled, although the boy assumed she was too far away for him to be heard. The boy slid his curved sword back into it's leather sheath, which sat peacefully on his back. As he looked back to Tobi, he sighed. "Strength isn't everything."

With that, the young man slowly strolled back to Urbus, and from there he decided where he would travel to next. "Maybe I'll check out Floor 6. It's been some time since I've been there." he chuckled, still thinking about what the girl had said.

Edited by Helios