[SP-F1] Materials for Me (Earning a living#2) Complete

Upon learning that I could retake the quest earning a living again for more materials I took the opportunity and set to work. I went down to the gate by the crafting pavilion I spoke to the professions trainer that I had met before  spoke to him for a short amount of time and then I accepted the quest once more and set off into the forest to gather some more materials. I kept going through the forest in search of a pack of wolves. I got deeper into the forest and to my luck I saw a pack of four standing in a clearing. I took my stance and ran into the group of them planning to get myself some mats. 

Coddexx 48/48
Wolf 24/24
Wolf 24/24
Wolf 24/24
Wolf 24/24

Edited by Coddexx

With silverlight held high I charged up my sword art Farant full Moon and as the familiar deep purple glow consumed my blade I heard a ringing in my ears telling me I was ready. I struck out at the wolves but I stumbled and missed. Regaining my footing I was able to dodge three of the four attacks and was hit hard by the fourth wolf. I took a breath and refocused myself on the wolves readying myself for another attack. This was the first time I have fought wolves so there was going to be a learning curve.

Spoiler

ID#43165 BD:2 MD:5(6-1)
ID#43166 MD:1
ID#43168 MD:5(6-1)
ID#43169 MD:10 CD:10

-1dmg
Coddexx 47/48 [Energy 12/12]

Wolf 24/24
Wolf 24/24
Wolf 24/24
Wolf 24/24

Edited by Coddexx

Trying to attack again the wolves rushed me too fast and I was unable to attack them. Missing I was hit by the first wolf and my armor glowed a purple and spectral mist struck out at the wolf making it yip out. It didn't do much damage and just made it look angrier. Looking at the other three I had just enough time to dodge the three of them as I sidestepped them I found myself in a good position to ready myself for another attack. I was glad that my armor was sending a cooling chill down my back keeping me energized.

Spoiler

ID#43170 BD:1 MD:2
ID#43172 MD:7(thorns) CD:8(regen)
ID#43173 MD:4
ID#43174 MD:5(6-1)

-1dmg
Coddexx 46/48 [Energy 12/12]
Wolf 21/24
Wolf 24/24
Wolf 24/24
Wolf 24/24

Edited by Coddexx

Trying to attack again I missed as the first wolf came too close and I dodged it As I sidestepped the first attack I fell into the attacks of the third and second wolf. They bit me and my armor's purple glow struck out at them throwing them backward blocking the attack of the fourth wolf. I knew that I had been fighting for a while and hadn't done much but I knew that I was going to be okay. I took a tight hold of Silverlight and told myself that I would not miss my next attack.

Spoiler

ID#43175 BD:2 MD:5(6-1)
ID#43177 MD:8(thorns)
ID#43178 MD:7(thorns) CD:8(regen)
ID#43179 MD:3

-2dmg
Coddexx 44/48 [Energy 12/12]
Wolf 21/24
Wolf 21/24
Wolf 21/24
Wolf 24/24

Edited by Coddexx

I struck out at the wolves once more but I failed miserably. I tripped and fell onto the ground. I rolled just out of the way of the first wolf but the other three got on top of me and bit me hard. I pushed them off and got up as my spectral armor struck out at two of the three wolves. I laughed at how terribly I have been going in this battle. I was starting to get angry. I haven't hit them once. All I need is one hit on these frigging wolves and they would be nothing but a worthless pile of pixels.

Spoiler

ID#43180 BD:1 MD:5(6-1)
ID#43181 MD:7(thorns)
ID#43182 MD:10
ID#43183 MD:7(thorns)

-3dmg
Coddexx 41/48 [Energy 11/12]
Wolf 21/24
Wolf 18/24
Wolf 21/24
Wolf 21/24

Edited by Coddexx

Raising my blade high it took on the deep purple that gave me strength and dodging all four of the wolves I spun in three circles driving forward and cut through them and with the small sounds of yips from the dying wolves. As their bodies faded away in the wind in a cloud of pixels I saw four furs that were left behind. I added them to my inventory and continued my hunt for more materials.

Spoiler

ID#43437 BD:10 MD:3
ID#43438 MD:2
ID#43440 MD:3
ID#43441 MD:5

Coddexx 41/48 [Energy 6/12]

-24dmg each

Wolf 0/24
Wolf 0/24
Wolf 0/24
Wolf 0/24

+4 Mats, +4 Snowflake

Edited by Coddexx

Continuing my hunt I found a small group of wolves and ran I raising my blade high Silverlight began to be filled with her purple glow and I spun in three quick circles slicing through the four wolves. I dodged most of the attacks as I spun through them but was hit hard by an attack of one of the wolves. Jumping backward and feeling exhausted I took a deep breath and readied myself to evade their attacks while I let my energy Regen.

Spoiler

ID#43541 BD:8 MD:1

ID#43542 MD:5(6-1)

ID#43543 MD:1

ID#43544 MD:10

Coddexx 42/44 [Energy 1/12]

-18 dmg each

Wolf 6/24

Wolf 6/24

Wolf 6/24

Wolf 6/24

Edited by Coddexx

Taking a moment to catch my breath and regain some energy I stood my ground holding my blade out in front of me prepared to dodge the wolves attacks. The first three ran at me but missed and then the fourth hit me however my armor took its on its spectral glow and struck out at the wolf throwing it back, halfing its remaining health.

Spoiler

ID#43545 MD:5

ID#43546 MD:2

ID#43547 MD:3

ID#43548 MD:7(thorns) CD:12(Regen)

Coddexx 42/44 [Energy 3/12]

Wolf 6/24

Wolf 6/24

Wolf 6/24

-3dmg(thorns)

Wolf 3/24

Edited by Coddexx

I had regained a bit of energy and was now ready to finish off these wolves. I sidestepped the wolves and charged up my blade while holding it above my head. Using the sword art Fell Crescent I swung down my blade forming a large arc and reducing the wolves to pixels. I gathered my loot, exhausted I found a comfy looking tree and sat up against it to wait for my energy to Regen.

Spoiler

ID#43550 BD:10 MD:4 LD:13

ID#43551 MD:5

ID#43552 MD:7

ID#43553 MD:5(6-1)

-1dmg

Coddexx 41/44 [Energy 2/12]

-8dmg each

Wolf 0/24

Wolf 0/24

Wolf 0/24

Wolf 0/24

+4 Mats +480col +4 Snowflakes

Total Loot: 8Mats 480col 8 Snowflakes

Edited by Coddexx

Killing those wolves was quite thrilling. I didn't know that my added damage from ranking up by sword skill would make that much of a difference. I looked at the spot where I had just killed the four wolves and I shook my head. It was very strange how I have changed so much since I first began my journey here. I knew that I have done much but looking back to when I could barely kill a boar and make it out alive and then thinking of the present when I can take on four much stronger wolves without fear is quite incredible.  It makes me look forward to the future. Time can only tell what the result will be. 

Coddexx 44/44 (+3 health regen)

<1/3 Energy Regen>

Starting to get my breath back from the battle before and feeling very comfortable up against this tree I closed my eyes and focused on the sounds around me. I heard the sound of the wind blowing and the sound of bugs making their earthly chatter. Along with the sound of the occasional howl or snarl I expanded my senses to the grass beneath me and a smile came to my face. Exhaling a deep breath that I realized I was holding in I opened my eyes and then stood up.  I loved the fact that I can get so relaxed even though I am trapped in this world. It was a bit silly if I think about in that way. 

<2/3 Energy Regen>

Edited by Coddexx

Deciding that I had taken a long enough break I got my mind refocused on the task at hand. I needed to get more materials in order to call it a day. Looking around the forest my eyes landed on a small pack of wolves the four of them seemed unaware of my being near so I drew my blade silently and crept my way into range of the wolves. Right when I was close enough to get an attack out the pack turned on my and their teeth barred themselves at me and I knew that I had lost the element of surprise. 

<3/3 Energy Regen>

Holding my blade firmly in my hand and staring straight back at the wolves I ran at them and rising my Silverlight above my head she took on a deep purple glow. I swung out all of the wolves in one wide swing but missed and fell to the ground getting bitten by all four wolves. I threw all of them off of me and stood back up regaining my footing. I took a deep breath and readied myself for another attack at the wolves I had missed very badly but I can't let it happen again.

Spoiler

ID#43774 BD:1 MD:10
ID#43775 MD:8(thorns) CD:8(Regen)
ID#43776 MD:8(9-1)(thorns) CD:12(Regen)
ID#43777 MD:10

-4dmg
Coddexx 40/44 [12/12]

Wolf 22/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 21/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 21/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 22/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Edited by Coddexx

Trying to swing again at the wolves I lost my footing and missed again. I quickly dodged three of the four wolf's attempts at biting me however I jumped right into the line of attack of the fourth wolf as it took a good bite at my arm but I threw him off and laughed at myself missing so hard. I stepped back a few feet from the pack of wolves as I prepared myself for another attack. I guess the third time is the charm because I was going to hit with my next attack or I was going to get pretty angry.

Spoiler

ID#43779 BD:1 MD:5 (6-1)
ID#43780 MD:2
ID#43781 MD:4
ID#43782 MD:8(9-1)(thorns) CD:8(Regen)

-1dmg
Coddexx 39/44 [12/12]

Wolf 22/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 21/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 21/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 21/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Edited by Coddexx

Striking out with my blade again I missed and began to get super frustrated. "WHY CAN'T I HIT THESE FRIGGIN WOLVES" I yelled out getting hit by two of the boars. I swung my blade right against a nearby tree raging and getting even more frustrated. I can't believe that I've missed three times in a row. It shouldn't be do dang hard to hit these wolves. I then realized how angry I was getting and stepped back for a second to take a deep breath to try and calm down.

Spoiler

ID#43783 BD:3 MD:4
ID#43784 MD:8(thorns) CD:7(regen)
ID#43785 MD:3
ID#43786 MD:8(thorns)

-2dmg 
Coddexx 37/44 [12/12]

Wolf 22/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 20/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 21/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Wolf 20/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)

Edited by Coddexx

My mind blinded with rage at the wolves I held my sword above my head charging up the sword art death creep, and took a deep breath and as the wolves came into range and Silverlight was pulsating a purple glow I slammed her down onto the earth as hard as I could while letting out a yell of anger. a huge shock-wave flowed from the spot my blade made contact and sent the wolves into the air and turned them into clouds of dust leaving loot behind.

Spoiler

ID#43811 BD:7 MD:5(6-1) LD:13
ID#43812 MD:8(Thorns) CD:8(Regen)
ID#43813 MD:5
ID#43814 MD:1

-1dmg
Coddexx 36/44 [2/12]
-31dmg each
Wolf 0/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)
Wolf 0/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)
Wolf 0/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)
Wolf 0/22 (3 dmg 5 mit)
+4 Mats +440col +4 snowflakes
Total Loot: 12 Mats 920col 12 Snowflakes

Edited by Coddexx

ID#43815 LD:12
Realizing that the day was soon coming to a close I called an end to hunting for the day and turned my mind to gathering some herbs that I could use in my potions. As I walked the path out of the forest and back toward the crafting hall I kept my eyes on the ground and hoped that I could find something of use but only stones and chunks of dirt were in my line of vision.

Edited by Coddexx

I looked up at the sky as the sun was setting and a smile came to my face. That was defiantly something that I enjoyed here in Aincrad the sunsets filled the sky with a beautiful multicolored glow that reminded me a lot of watercolors. Feeling more calm from having a bit of time away from those frustrating wolves and the heat of battle I felt a lot less tense and was quite happy about today.

Edited by Coddexx

ID#43817 LD:8
Taking another deep breath and feeling quite tired I sat down. Letting out a large yawn I leaned into the cold stone popping my back. I stood back up and almost getting back to the crafting hall I kept my eyes open once again wanting to add more materials to my inventory. Not finding anything I gave up and saw the crafting trainer in the distance.

Edited by Coddexx

ID#43819 LD:18
While I was on my way to the trainer my foot hit itself on a shiny stone and I picked it up and added it to my inventory. I felt quite silly since right when I was going to give up on finding anything else I now had another material to keep.  Entering the crafting pavilion I saw the trainer in the corner of the room. 
+1 Mat
Total Loot:  13 Mats 920col 12 Snowflakes

Edited by Coddexx