[PP-01] Hunting for dummies (Hunter/Macradon)

Hunter finally figured out how to look at his basic gear as well as his starting weapon, a Two Handed Basic Axe. He smiled as he took it from his back. He felt weird having it strapped to him anyway, he was used to handling a guitar and slinging it on his shoulder when he was done. So that is what he did, he just leaned the Axe back on his right shoulder, it brought back memories of the real world and made him smile.

"Hard to believe its already been a week and I am just NOW getting used to the games systems...I need to get my ass in gear. I wonder if I can find that guy...Mac was his name I think..."

Hunter walked the streets of the Beginners Town looking for the man, he had to admit, he felt a bit useless by not having venturing out yet, but today that would all change...or at least he hoped. He continued his search, sometimes getting distracted by weapon shops, or the beautiful women that hung around some areas. He tried his best to keep focused on finding the man though, perhaps he could teach him how to hunt, and get out of the shabby clothes he now wore.

WC:215

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A party request was sent to Hunter as Macadon would jump down from the build not too far. He would see that this was the guy he had been sending messages to. He would land, slightly silent but the wind and dust made it noticeable.

''Hey, You must be Hunter, I presume'' he would as he would stand in front of a man, older than himself. Macradon was not tall, not was he old, he was 16, though still active in everything.

The little asian kid looked up on the man, nearly a head above him.

Hunter heard the notification chime as he stopped his onlooking of women. He laughed as he face-palmed forgetting about the Party System. He accepted the Party Invite and looked up as he noticed his HUD gave Mac's position away, watching him jump nimbly down from a building then walking up to him introducing himself. He looked down at the kid, though I guess Hunter probably shouldn't call him a kid, he looked about 16 or so. Oh well (you know...I don't know how this pipsqueak could possibly help me, but we will see.) Hunter thought about saying something probably smart assed, but held back as he stuck out his left hand since it was free to shake the boy's hand.

"I need to get the hang of fighting, also I want to start looking for materials so I can upgrade my gear, especially..."

He said holding out his Axe as if giving it to the boy to examine.

"This baby, The feel of an axe is almost familiar, and I have designs for eventually seeing if I can get one made, but first I just need to get battle ready and used to the game. Think you can help me out with some hunting?"

Hunter asked, feeling a bit as if he was out of his league here, but stood his ground.

WC:225

Macradon would shake Hunter's hand as a firmly greeting, that was pretty normal where he lives, so it was alright with him.

The axe before him, he would grab it, hold it in his hands. With his <> skill, he would look at it's identifications. A HUD popped up as he pressed the axe.

Name: Beginner axe

Maker: None

Enchantment: none

''Hm .. well it's a basic weapon, mine isn't much better'' he would say as he took the Dragon's Sorrow off of his back. It's shining white metal with a dragon engraved upon it, this was a two edged sword, though looking like a enlarged kitchen knife.

''I forged this sword, my first smithing trial'' he would say proud. But that was irrelevant. Hunter needed to know how to get materials and fighting.

''Come with me, let's get to the fields and let's teach you how to fight!'' he would say as he would walk towards the city gate.

Hunter shook the boy's hand just as firmly, noting that the boy had strength and was respectable, though it was not his style, he smiled and let the boy look at his Axe before taking it from his hands. Hunter wanted to instinctively reach out for it, feeling naked without it, but it seemed the boy knew what he was doing and Hunter just looked up at the scores of people. He knew most were NPC's, but there were some, though few were actual players. It seemed that the players were gone at the moment, and it was ok with him oddly enough. Hunter then took his axe back as it was offered back before the boy drew his own blade and talked about it for a few minutes. Hunter had to admit that the Sword the boy had was quite impressive to him (Hey...that freakin' blade reminds me of this one Anime from a while back...man what was it about...I believe it's name had to do with some cleaning product...oh well.) and he simply just smirked as the boy told Hunter he is going to teach him how to gather materials for crafting and the basics for Hunting the Beasts in the Fields.

"Lead the way Mac."

Was all Hunter said before slinging the Axe on his shoulder, he could see the Gates of the Beginners Town ahead, and to be honest...He was a bit scared, but the winds of change blew...they blew with the feeling of pride and greatness. This would be the beginning of Hunter's adventure.

WC: 263

Macradon would walk out of the gate, stepping into the grass of the fields. The slight wind change would make he grass bend by the force, but just slightly. It was a beautiful breeze from what he was used to. He was used to the cold north outside of the game, but this was just a perfect world for him, like he wouldn't leave at all, but he had to get back, he just had to.

''Alrighty!'' he would say as they had walked a bit out on the fields were the boars were spawning faster than close to the city.

''This will be your training grounds!'' he would exclaim while handing his hand around, showing the grassy fields with 3 major forest scattered around on the first floor. He would then grab his sword and take it off his back, with a clench around his sword, he would rush towards a boar.

''Look carefully!'' he would say as his sword would begin to glow. He would go down low and spin diagonally upwards towards the boar, slamming and slashing it up the air, Macradon would follow while spinning and slashing it once more. He would then stop in the air and slash twice, left to right, right to left, and end it all off with a downwards cleave, making the boar become pixels.

''Alright, perfect on first try!'' he would say, as Tempest was his most difficult sword art.

Hunter let Mac lead the way as he began to think about materials he wanted to get while out in the fields today. He began to think of a duster, a leather one in fact...with black cloth, you know...for looks and stuff. As the entered the fields outside the Beginners Town, Hunter noticed the Boars. they were big and ugly looking creatures that did not look all that tough. That was when Mac told him to stop, and Hunter did as he was told as the boy pulled out his own blade and told him to watch. (Let's just see what this pipsqueak can do?) Hunter thought as he waited, pulling his axe from his shoulder and leaning on it watching carefully as Mac's sword lit up. He performed a quick succession of attacks that was almost to fast for Hunter to follow. Yet the Boar went down without fail.

"Holy [censored]! That was great Mac, perhaps I could try next?"

Hunter would ask before stepping forward and looking for the next Boar. Had Mac said yes Hunter would get into attack position and hold the Axe diagonally to his right side, he would focus and roar out as if to try and signal the Boar before his axe began to glow a bright blue. He ran at the Boar and jumped up as he swung up and out before bringing the Axe down onto the Boar, hoping to hit the thing at least since it was his first time using a skill he had just found in the Axe Skills called >>Cleave<<. The description read that if the attack had hit, then the Boar would at least be stunned for a few minutes, and if it was right. Boy would that come in handy.

"Did I get it?"

Hunter would say as if he had not a care in the world.

Though if Mac did not let him attack he would continue to watch him, to study his movements...trying to get the timing down just right so he could try later.

"So how about Materials?"

Hunter would ask after either waiting for a while or after he had struck the Boar.

WC:410

''Yeah, go on for a try'' Macradon would say as he saw Hunter's level in the party HUD, he was level 3, the same level as Macradon was when he ventured on the second floor. Macradon would watch carefully as Hunter roared out as he would rush forward and make his axe glow, performing the <> sword art.

''Very impressive, I didn't even know how to handle a sword skill before I became level 4. So you've already outdone me'' he would say while grinning a bit.

''Now finish the boar so you can get your experience and materials'' Macradon would say as he would sheathe his sword back on his back. He would see as Hunter did a great job on fighting already, being level 3 while not being used to fight in this world, but still using a sword art like that, very impressive.

Hunter looked back for a second taking notice to Mac's words. It felt as if the boy was a bit angry that Hunter was able to use the skill. Though Hunter could see the fact that he was using a Sword Skill and barely knew anything about it would make him look a bit suspicious. He sighed as he saw the boy grin then tell him to the finish the Boar, and Hunter turned and grinned as he spun the Axe in his hand before grinning. He focused on the Boar before releasing his attack, this time though he did not activate any sword skill, instead he just began slicing. The first attack would come from across from lower right to upper left, while the second would come from up top swinging as hard as he could down into the ground.

After it was all done he would watch the Boar pixelate and bust off into cubes as a few things fell to the ground. Hunter held the axe in his right hand as he knelt down to inspect what had happened.

"Wonder what dropped?"

Hunter would say before looking back up to Mac with a grin on his face. He was proud of his first kill, even if it was just a small Boar.

He would clap with a smile as Hunter finished the boar. Kneeling down to honor the programs loss of pixels. Regardless of how stupid it was towards pixels, Macradon would just ignore that fact and smile. He would hold his hand on Hunter's shoulder.

''Click the HUD, it will show the loot you will get. Mostly from boars, you will get skin or tusks, but that's just random generated. If you want to test out a REAL battle, it's the second floor we should head to, or maybe ... a mini boss on the first floor?'' he would say as Hunter would look ready to fight more.

''If you feel ready, we can head over to stronger mobs, if you want to level a bit, let's then just stay here and be safe'' he would say as he would wait on Hunter's respond.

Hunter listened to Mac as he focused and noticed the loot drops as he saw an on screen action appear to pick up the loot. Hunter smiled and accepted the loot and stood back up all the while listening to Mac speak about training, and about better tests of skill. To be honest Hunter's brain was telling him to go, yet his body stood there as he analyzed the situation. He then turned back to Mac and laughed a bit as the boy reached up to place a hand on his shoulder. The offer was great, but Hunter then gave in and decided to tell Mac about his plan.

"I am looking to upgrade my gear as well as my weapon. First of all I want to make a Duster so I suppose I need leather, so I would assume the Boars would be better yes?"

Hunter would ask not sure about how to hunt here in the game just yet as he hefted the Axe up and on his shoulder again. He was happy in the fact that he was able to use the Sword Skill he discovered. That would come in handy and he knew it in his head. While waiting he began to look at the Boars all around debating on what to do.

''If you only need leather, this place would be a good place to level AND grind for some leather'' he would say as he would then just sit and watch everything happening. He wouldn't really do much as the wind would blow his hair and give a nice breeze. He would just sit and watch, nothing really, he didn't want to do too much, lazy him.

Hunter would laugh as Mac would confirm that this place was best to grind. Hunter then targeted a Boar nearest him and focused. He then began to run at the Boar before activating his Sword Skill >>Cleave<< as the blade of the axe began to glow blue. He waited till he was a meter away from the Boar and he decided to try a new tactic in his fight as he decided to drop down and slide at the Boar while swinging his blade beside him, angling the axe so that if he caught a rock he would launch up and strike for the second strike if he was lucky.

He watched as the >>Cleave<< strike would carry him through to hit the Boar's legs, before a rock caught his blade, launching him up to strike upwards. If he was lucky the Boar would be destroyed, and thus giving him more loot which he would need to get his Duster.

WC:160

Hunter would notice that he had struck a Critical on the Boar and the Boar would then pixelate before disappearing. Hunter would cheer himself as he would accept the loot before turning back to look at Mac. Seemed the guy was just gonna lounge for a bit.

"Hey as long as you got my back I think I am gonna continue to train here."

Hunter would call out before targeting the next Boar to his left.

"Here piggy, piggy, piggy."

Hunter would attempt to goad the beast as he launched at the Boar with breakneck speed. He would close in the gap between the two quick before holding his Axe out in front of him. This time he wanted to attempt to beat the Boar with his own strength. He roared as he swung the Axe from top left to bottom right to strike the Boar.

Macradon would nearly have fallen asleep before he saw a boar turn its aggro against him. He would get up, quickly as he could and use the <> to smash it down with a hard smash. He would then sigh lightly as he would let Hunter grind his leather.

''I'm not sure what profession you would like to have, but you could always become a tailor and use your leather, or I think there's a tailor in the city, though I'm not sure'' he would say as he would lay down again, calming down as the mobs around him would just run in circles, if they should eve engage upon him, he would just make them pixelate.

Hunter let out a cry as he aggro'd yet another Boar. He laughed as he was having fun for the first time in a long while since arriving. He looked back really quick as the Boar prepared it's attack phase. He saw Mac use a rather impressive attack to decimate a Boar and Hunter was almost to taken back to attack, but quickly regained his composure as he heard the Boar squeal as it hurled itself at Hunter. (Just keep calm and Cleave him Zac...you can do this) Hunter was thinking as he brought the Axe up with both of his hands in front of him. He kept waiting as he could see the Boar within a few seconds of striking him.

>>CLEAVE<<

Hunter would raise the axe high to attack as the blade would begin to glow blue. When the time was right Hunter brought down the axe with a mighty force. It would remind him of the time they played a club in England, and it made him smile as he would use the skill, hoping to hit his target.

Hunter would Hit the Boar with enough force to stun it in its tracks as he would continue through with his attack, spinning from left to right, holding his blade as if it held all the speed in the world he would attempt to strike the Boar a second time.

Had the attack land, he would kill the Boar, just to watch it pixilate, which would make Hunter grin widely as he would accept the loot. He would turn back to Mac to see how he was doing, getting the hang of Hunting had made him lose sight for a moment.

Had he missed his swing would continue and Hunter would fall down in front of the Boar where he would look at the beast not knowing how long the stun would last was a bit of a pain.

Macradon would just see that his Experience bar was nearly full, he only needed to kill a few more boars.

''Hey Hunter! I'm soon level seven, only a few boars more and I'm all good to go!'' he would say as he would stand up and do a <> on a boar, slashing it horizontally as he spun around, slashing and cleaving it in half, it would then pixelate, he would continue this with three other boars.

He would then become tired because of how lazy he was, then he would lay on the grass again, feeling the dazzling sun.

'This can't be a bad day today' he thought as he would close his eyes.

Macradon would feel the virtual pain as a boar rushed into him as he was resting. He would be thrown to the side as he would yell ''Crap!'' as he saw that he had lost 1 health, he would then grab his sword and <> the [censored] out of the boar.

They may play as much as they want, but don't [censored] with me, he would say as a glowing light would illuminate him as a HUD popped up.

Congratulations!

You have reached Level 7

''Finally!'' he would say while he was smiling. He would then sit down, being all relaxed out of his new gotten power.

''I'll just remain here as you may grind'' he would say all relaxed and happy of his new level.