(PP-F4) Wat Am I Doin With Mah Life? (Helios)

"I never make the same mistake twice

I make it five or six times just to be sure."

- Bill Murray

How many times had she done this? Repeating a mistake was one thing, but when it came to nearly dying...

"Stupid," she mentally scolded herself, "you know you weren't ready for mobs on this floor."

Shovering from the cold, Ayumu trudged into Snowfrost town, away from the mobs. She had wanted to try some higher level beasts, but just taking a few guys had left her with less than half HP. Thankfully, she had gotten away. The ridiculous cold didn't help either. Not a very good choice of floors to visit. Oh well, might as well rest a little before going back to the Town of Beginnings. Finding a place within the town to sit, she shivered, her lightweight leather coat not really helping very much. Philomena didn't seem very comfortable either. The bird was restless, hopping from Ayumu's left to right shoulder, obviously wanting the hotter climate it was used to. Opening her menu, she took out some bread to share with the familiar, both of them feeling rather hungry. As she finished her lunch, the red head stared at her feet, not noticing the player approaching her.

"Freaking snow... down my pants... again." a dark haired male muttered as he wandered through Snowfrost Town. Luckily, Helios had managed to get the snow out of his pants, but he was still quite cold. One does not simply become warm again after going through something as painful as that. Annoyingly realistic snow for a virtual game. he thought, not in the best mood. Coming to a stop, the noirette noticed somebody that he recognized. He made his way towards her and noticed that her health wasn't full. "Hey. You're the blacksmith from the shop, right?" he asked. Helios was fairly certain it was the woman he'd ordered the axe from. They had really been introduced, so he wasn't sure what her name was. Noticing the bird, the player smiled. I nearly got myself one of those back when I first entered the game. I wonder what it would have been like. he thought, imaging a familiar of his own. Turning his head back to the red haired girl, he reached his cold hands into his warmer pockets. The black haired young man wasn't sure how exactly they weren't frozen, since a lot of snow filled them about 15 minutes prior, but he shrugged off the thought. "It might not be my business to ask, but what happened to your health?"

She jumped a little, surprised and caught off guard a little. Lifting an eyebrow, she recognized the player. He recently ordered a weapon from her shop. What was his name...Helios? That sounded about right.

"Yeah," she nodded, "I'm Ayumu. You're Helios, from what I remember, correct?" then, when he asked about her health, "oh...that. I uh...was trying to fight some mobs, and took a pretty heavy hit. I'm just a low level, so it was kinda crazy to try and fight mobs on this floor. But I'm fine - still alive, so that's what matters," after a pause, "so, what about you? What brings you to this freezing winter sucky land?" Ayumu asked.

Philomena, being absolutely sick of the cold, hopped off of the girl's shoulder, and dove into the right side of her coat. As it buried itself into the material, Ayumu sighed and shook her head. 

"You're being a little dramatic, don't you think?" She chuckled at the fire bird.

"Yeah, fighting high leveled mobs at such a low level isn't a great idea. I know from experience." he let out a small laugh before the girl asked what he was doing here. "Well, I guess I just needed a break from the warmer floors. Now I wish I hadn't come here at all though, it's freezing!" he replied. What he said wasn't completely true. Helios loved the fourth floor, occasionally. The fact that snow had been in his pants just made him a bit unhappy with the setting. The boy watched as the familiar burrowed it's way into the woman's pocket. A smile grew on his face as the girl chuckled. "Mind if I sit?" he asked, not wanting to make her too uncomfortable.

"It would seem that I need to stick to creatures on floor two, or maybe three," she sighed, "oh well. I guess I tried, right?" After he mentioned wanting a break from the warmer floors, Ayumu nodded, and "yeah, I get you. I've been itching for a change of scenery too...I guess that's another reason why I wandered up here. I didn't think the cold would be so intense though. The people who made this game are too good at creating realism." When Helios asked if he could sit, she shrugged. "Fine by me, I don't mind. I'm no stingy bench-sitter." The red head smirked. She scooted to one end, providing more room.

"So, not to be rude or anything, but who was it that you ordered the axe for?" Ayumu asked rather bluntly, but with a small grin, "I only ask since I haven't seen many two-handed axe users around. I personally think they're a great choice of weapon, and honestly I've considered spending skill points to be able to wield one."

Helios smiled. "Well, if you ever need somebody to grind with, hit me up. I'd be more than happy to help." he told her, taking a seat on the bench beside her. He lifted his arms behind his head an looked up at the sky. When the girl asked who he had ordered the weapon for, he turned his head towards her, a bit surprised. "Good question.", he chuckled, "Actually, I didn't really order it for anybody in particular. I just had a cool idea for an axe and when I heard about a free weapon being handed out, I decided to turn the idea into a real object. But I agree, it is a great choice, although I prefer a blade over something like that. Honestly, I don't think I know any two-handed axe users either. A rather rare weapon, I suppose." he replied, grinning a bit. Suddenly, the boy stood up. "Want to go for a walk or something? I haven't really been down to this floor in some time." he smiled, reaching out his hand to help the woman up.