{SP-F2} Do or Do Not, There is No Try <<Breaking The Unbreakable>>

She began to wonder if it was possible that she could have asked for help on this quest. Being able to take on this boulder with someone else truly would have helped.. especially someone with Martial Arts. Though, the only one she knew that had that skill, or at least trained in it as one would a weapon, was Grave, and she knew damn well that he would continuously flirt with her the entire time they tried to do this mission. Though, thats what she probably needed to get the strength to do so.. both from being annoyed at the man for continuously hitting on her, but she also knew that he would cheer her on, and not let her give up.

ID: 47671
BD: 2 (4/20)

Boulder: 16/50

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was too late to ask for help now. She was already more than half way done with this quest and could not turn back now. She took in a deep breath through her nostrils as she took a couple of steps forward, preparing herself mentally to continue her sparring with the inanimate object. Once she was ready, she turned towards the rock and opened her eyes, bringing her fists up to the side of her head and bending her knees, putting her right foot out further than her left. Leaning forward, Jevi let her left fist fly and jab into the boulder, doing nothing to it at all. ~"Ah come on Alex... don't get soft on me now.."

ID: 47869
BD: 4 (3/20)

After her last punch, Jevi took a few steps back to regain her composure. Her vision was starting to blur. ~"No no not now.. I need to finish this.."  She grunted to herself before stepping forward and extending her fist forward, very weakly. Her knuckled merely tapped the face of the boulder, doing no damage at all. Exhaustion had finally caught up to the woman as her back curled and her chest heaved as she took in deep breaths. Her elbow bent and the girl span herself around so her back slid down the boulder. Now sitting on the ground, Jevi looked at her hands. All of the wounds from punching the rock with her bare hands had faded. She sighed heavily, as she lifted her head up, the back of her head hitting the rock she leaned on.

ID: 89087
BD: 3 (2/20)

• 1 year later...

The girl took a few minutes to rest before she forced herself to stand up again. ~" I don't want to rest until I break this f***ing rock." Jevi squared herself up with where she thought the boulder was, which was not exact since her vision was still hazy. She let out a breath of air as she punched her fist forward, catching the knuckle of her pinky finger on the very corner of the boulder. She growled, disappointed in herself. ~"Do you get off to the enjoyment of us players not being able to do this quest?" Jevi said, to the old man she figured was still watching. Of course, he did not get enjoyment out of it, for he was merely an NPC there to assign the mission and give rewards. 

ID: 89088
BD: 5  (1/20)

"Here, maybe this will help." 

Jevi turned around after she heard the old man's voice. He was standing on top of the boulder, holding a torch. He lifted the torch into the air over his head and jammed it down like a spear, somehow creating a small incision for the torch to sit in. The fire lit up the area around them, making it a bit easier to see in the dark. Jevi closed her eyes a minute and shook her head to clear the exhaustion as best she could. She scoffed at the man, ~"You're just being an asshole now, aren't you?" Turning back to the boulder, she pulled her fist into her chest before jabbing forward, this time, making contact. The boulder shook a bit, but the old man on top and the torch remained in place. ~".... shut up." Jevi said before the old man could say anything.

ID: 89089
BD: 7  (1/20)

Boulder: 15/50

The old man on top of the rock laughed at her, "Huhuhuhuh. See? Only problem was you couldn't see."

~"Shut up" Jevi replied again, her voice a little more annoyed than last.

"Though, you'd think that even in the darkness.. it would be kind of hard to punch an object that large."

~"I said, shut the [censored] up!" Jevi yelled this time. As she yelled, she spun on her heel, delivering a powerful kick to the side of the boulder. Her shin collided with the rocky surface, creating a large spider-web crack and shaking the whole object. Even the old man atop the boulder felt the quake, as he fell backwards off of the rock with an Oof.

~"You deserved that you ass." Jevi said with a chuckle.

ID: 89090
BD: 10  (1/20)

Boulder: 12/50

Jevi heard the old man mumble something underneath his breath, accompanied by the sounds of groans as he struggled to get up. The woman felt no compassion for the old man, putting her through this test and degrading her with the drawing of cat whiskers on her face. She pouted her lip and squared herself up for another attack. Trying to throw another punch, he fist slid off the surface of the boulder once again, leaving no marks on the rock. The woman grunted and walked away from the boulder, pacing in place and taking in a few deep breaths. Her anger would help her to deliver more powerful strikes.. but those strikes would only exhaust her faster if she didn't even hit the boulder to begin with. 

ID: 89091
BD: 2  (0/20)

Boulder: 12/50

Jevi slowed her pace and closed her eyes, trying to calm her mind. She had always been angry person, and used that as a wall to keep the negativity away from her. There were many things that made the woman angry in this world as well, being stuck here was one of them, Shaya leaving her alone, Grave's constant-..She stopped in place. though it was annoying from time to time, she could not say that Grave's flirting really angered her. It was all in good fun after all. She could not help for smirk, thinking on the good times she had with her friend. One of her only friends right now. ~"If that idiot could do this quest, so can I." She said pounding her fists together. Jevi turned to face the boulder, and with a running start, landed a direct punch.

ID: 89092
BD:  8  (0/20)(-1)

Boulder: 11/50

After the force of her last attack, Jevi needed to take a step back and relax yet again. With her energy levels this low, she was lucky she was not fighting an actual monster. She only imagined not being able to use her sword arts against something that could kill her before she had a chance to kill it. She felt a drop of sweat fall down her jawline as she took a deep breath. Dont go thinking like that, she thought to herself, You'll only get yourself killed. The woman began to roll her fingers, clenching and then releasing the tension while staring at the dimly lit rock. She really wanted to finish this quest so she could go to sleep. Her eyes were feeling heavy, and her body felt like it was going to give up on her. However, she could see that she was almost there. 

ID: 89093
BD:  2  (0/20)(-1)

Boulder: 11/50

~"Almost there.. almost there." she kept repeating to herself as she stepped up to the boulder, her fists raised into a fighters stance. The woman would need to pace her strikes and conserve the very little energy she had if she wanted to complete this quest. As if the boulder was a punching bag, the woman started to slowly punch the rock, one jab after another. With each small strike, she saw more and more pieces of the boulder chip off, and the health bar above the object was decreasing very minimally. Jevi let out a small huff of air with each jab to get the most out of her punches. She tried to not let her mind wander, or her anger to rise up again. 

ID: 89094
BD: 8  (0/20)(-1)

Boulder: 10/50

Even though the woman kept punching the rock in the same manner, one after another, not all of the punches were a damage dealing blow. Sometimes, the punch would be weaker than the last, or her footwork would be off. Despite, it was probably the smartest way to get through this quest without collapsing from energy loss on the ground. Sweat continued to form on her forehead, as well as the rest of her body, her bronze skin glistening in the torch and moonlight from the swear. Even though sweat would drip into her eyes, and sometimes onto her lips, she continued to fight. Punch after punch, ignoring the oncoming storm of exhaustion.

ID: 89095
BD: 5 (0/20)(-1)

Slowly, but surely, Jevi was starting to learn that this method was not the brightest idea. Her punches were becoming slower and slower as her arms began to feel weaker. She grit her teeth, ~"[censored].... [censored]...[censored]..." she said accompanying every hit, each punch doing absolutely no damage at all. ~"[censored]!"  She yelled one last time before stepping away from the boulder, her hands shaking for the continuous punches. Was getting this martial arts skill even worth it? No, she had her sword. The only thing she wanted out of it was the experience points so she could become stronger. The shaking in her hands stopped as she slowly turned around to face the large rock once again.

ID: 89096
BD: 5 (0/20)(-1)

Her body finally gave out on her. The woman's vision had blurred, and she felt her body slowly falling forward. She tried to  catch herself from falling, but all she could do was stop herself from face planting into the dirt. She fell to her knees before her body keeled over to the side, her eyes shutting. Jevi had no more energy to keep her going, not even enough to get herself up off of the ground. She tried to move her arms and legs, but couldn't. She was too tired. The purplette had been punching at this rock for hours.. she didn't even know exactly how long. Maybe she would just take a quick nap to regain her energy.

ID: 89097
BD: 1 (0/20)(-1)

A pile of dirt never felt so comfortable to sleep on. Immediately, the woman fell asleep. However, the bliss of the rest she was taking did not last for long. A few moments later, she felt something poking at her forehead. When she did not budge, the poking was a little bit harder. Now feeling annoyed, the woman started to open her eyes to see what was disturbing her sleep. With one last stroke jab to her forehead, Jevi jumped back, her hands to her forehead. ~"Cut it out!"  As she pulled her hands away, she saw the old man standing in front of the boulder smiling, his cane in both of his hands. Jevi stared at him for a moment before she grit her teeth and rushed forward, ~"You little-" She went to punch the man in the gut, though the old man quickly side stepped out of the way. Jevi's fist collided with the boulder, taking down another bit of its health.

ID: 89089
BD: 8 (0/20)(-1)

Boulder: 9/50

The woman pulled your first away from the boulder and pointed at the old man, who was now behind her. ~"What the hell is wrong with you!? Do you know how long I've been punching this damn boulder for? I'm exhausted.. I want to go home." The old man smacked her in the leg with his cane, "No sleeping! No giving up! You are almost there, I can feel it." He poked the woman gently in the stomach, "And I know you can feel it too.. or else you would have left a long time ago." Jevi looked away, she knew he was right. She didn't want to be known as the girl who gave up on the quest because she was tired. The front liners don't give up on the front lines because they're tired. She let out a heavy sigh, looking down at her feet.

ID: 89099
BD: 1 (0/20)(-1)

The old man stood there, scolding Jevi with his eyes, hidden behind busy grey eyebrows. Jevi looked back up to him, ~"Yeah, I know. You're right."  The old man nodded his head, ~"Its jus-" the old man struck her leg again, "No excuses!" The old man sighed and started to pace back and forth, "It took me years to be able to master Martial Arts. However, I started just where you are. My master put me through the same training. I stood where you stood, punching a boulder twice that size until it broke into two. It is no easy task... It takes patience, persistence, and determination. It would take the usual person years to master Martial Arts.. But with this training, you could have that skill in just a few hours."

ID: 89100
BD: 3  (0/20)(-1)

Jevi listened to the man intently as he spoke about the training he was put through to become a master at martial arts. She admired the determination he had, and how hard he trained. It was then she realized that he must have been incredibly strong when he was in his prime.. if he could still demolish the boulder with a single punch at this age. Feeling a bit more respectful, she bowed her head, ~"I'm sorry. You're right. I know I can do it." She stood up straight and looked at the boulder one more time. ~"I just.. need a minute to take a breath and get ready." She did not think on the fact that she was speaking to an NPC, a computer program created to tell that story.. the old man never actually went through any training. He was technically born at the age he was now. But that did not cross Jevi's mind.

ID: 89102
BD: 5 (0/20)(-1)

The old man nodded, letting the woman take a few moments to compose herself. Jevi bowed her head again and turned her back to the boulder, taking in a deep breath through her nostrils. She held the air in her lungs for a few seconds before slowly expelling it through her mouth, letting the air pass through her entire body. With each breath, she felt a bit more rejuvenated in all of her appendages. Her arms, legs, her hands.. they all started to feel normal. Even though she was still tired, regaining feeling over her arms and legs was what was really needed. Turning back to the boulder, Jevi took a different stance, less of a boxer, and more of that of a martial artist.  With one step forward, Jevi pivoted on the ball of her front foor. Her back leg catapulted forward, crashing into the face of the boulder, dealing a massive amount of damage.

ID: 89103
BD: 10  (0/20)(-1)

Boulder: 6/50

The old man smiled and chuckled when Jevi's kick connected with the boulder. "You were patient and determined, you did not rush your attack, and because of that.. you were able to be precise, while driving it forward with all of your energy." The man walked up to her, placing a gently hand on her arm. "When you let your emotions take control in the attack, you become sloppy.. you start putting all power to the attack without preparing yourself. You exhaust yourself with your attacks, even though you end up missing everything."

Jevi looked down to the man and nodded, ~"Yeah, you're right. Maybe I should control my emotions more. I've been... lashing out a lot more than I should be."

ID: 89104
BD: 2 (0/20)(-1)

Boulder: 6/50

The man simply nodded his head, he did not need to speak any more words to the purple haired woman,  for she had learned all that he meant to teach. Patience and precision before power.. the true keys to a great martial artist. He took a couple of steps back to allow Jevi to finish the quest. With a determined smirk on her face, Jevi curled her fists and launched herself forward. Her punch was a simple jab, though it was controlled with much power behind it. It was a punch most martial artists relied on when trying to break a board in two. That was not the case here, for Jevi was trying to break a boulder into one thousand pieces instead. 

ID: 89105 
BD: 8  (0/20)(-1)

Boulder: 5/50