[PP-F2] Moar Grinding (Vayrin)

As Helios materialized in Urbus, the main city of Floor 2, he turned his head around all of the medieval-looking buildings. The boy stepped out into the city and chuckled. It's been a little while since I last came here. he thought, turning around to wait for the violet haired girl he had traveled with. Although not as busy as Floor 1's Town of Beginnings, Urbus was certainly an eventful place. Traveling around the city around the young, dark haired man was a huge amount of other players, and not only low levels. Some looked a lot stronger than others, but it was pretty equal. Helios definitely wasn't one of the stronger players, being level 10 and all. He liked to think he was an average fighter, although he was more than aware that his skill level wasn't incredible. Sure, his damage wasn't terrible, but he had no mitigation, accuracy, or evasion buffs, which could become a problem eventually. For now, it was alright, seeing that he didn't grind strong mobs alone. The noirette made sure to stay on floors he could guarantee he wouldn't die on by himself. Floor 2 isn't hard whatsoever. With two of us around, it should be a piece of cake.

With a bright glow, the teleport podium sprang to life as the blue orb formed in it's center. Vayrin stayed dormant as the glow faded, and then stepped off the podium, looking at the large mountain town. She observed it for a few moments more before seeing the familiar black and green getup of Helios. She walked over to him. "Well, I know a few mobs that we can probably take together." She told him. She then looked in front of her as she swiped open her menu. Within a few seconds, Vayrin hat tapped through it to bring up her map. "Yeah.. There are some wolf packs around here." She said pointing to a small pathway that led through two of the mountains in the large expansive range. "Some of them have Alpha's. Now those are difficult to fight on your own. With someone though, they are easier..." She said as she thought about the origin of her chest plate. From which she got from slaying an Alpha wolf with another player a while back.

"Sounds alright then. I assume you've fought these before, since you seem to know a good amount about them. I personally haven't done a whole ton of grinding down here." Helios replied, placing his hand on the hilt of his curved sword. Turning his head to look at the violet haired girl, he smiled. "Hey, I'm glad you decided to come along. Grinding alone isn't always the most entertaining thing to do." he stated, chuckling lightly. Then, the player began to wander towards the gate of Urbus, not completely sure where the wolves were located. I suppose she'll know where we're heading. he thought, looking back to Vayrin.

"I mostly do my grinding here, closer to my shop." Vayrin said smiling, she gestured her hand forward to a small building on the other side of the teleportation plaza. "Heh, some of my friends call me by the name of the place." She said, thinking back to her quest with her friend Koumori on the 3rd floor.

Vayrin looked back at Helios when he thanked her for coming. "Know the feeling. I was going to grind anyways, but might as well not do it alone for the same reason." She said, smiling before she went back into her menu, and began to follow him out of the town.  She stopped, looked up for a moment, determining their path. She looked back to consult her map, then began taking a smaller road that lead into a canyon.

"So, you have a shop? What's your profession?" Helios asked, following the girl down the small path. He was in need of some new armor, so he was seriously hoping she was a tailor or a blacksmith who didn't have too expensive prices in her shop. The boy wasn't exactly rich with col or materials, so expensive stores weren't exactly the best place for him to go to.

As they walked further down the road, the dark haired player glanced to his left and right at all of the smaller trees. These don't look too bad to climb. I should come back here at some point to check them out. he thought before looking back down the road. He was quite certain that he had seen a wolf up ahead, but he didn't mention it, just in case he was wrong, which he probably was. He unsheathed his curved sword, getting ready to challenge the wolves. "Well, this should be fun." he chuckled.

As the two continued to walk, Vayrin had her attention buried in her map for the most of it. Her attention snapped back to her companion when he had asked her the profession she had chosen. "Huh? Oh, I'm a tailor." She replied, still looking at her map. It was true that she had originally chosen the profession for her own purposes. She wanted to focus on speed, more then protection. Something she could do as a tailor, and not a blacksmith which was her second choice. THey also needed more tailors in aincrad. From what she saw, there were very few. She had only recently heard of the shop that a girl named Auriel apparently owned, but her stuff was supposedly expensive because of it's quality.

It wasn't long before the two had reached the area of the wolf packs, and as she expected. Soon, Helios had unsheathed his curved blade, and Vayrin closed the menu. She looked out at their surroundings for a moment. They had entered a very narrow walkway between the two mountains. Soon, a distant howling could be heard from the wolf mobs. Hearing this, Vayrin's expression turned serious, and she slowly reached for her blade on her back. She grabbed the hilt, and as she pulled it out, she got into a battle stance. Soon, the growling of the wolf mobs could be heard, and farther down the path she could see three wolves slowly stalking towards them. She heard more growling coming from behind them. She turned her head to Helios's side to see another three. She simply gave him a nod and turned her attention the three coming at her side...

Helios gripped his blade tight, ready to fight the six wolves. The mobs had average strength. They didn't have a whole ton of health, but they did some damage. "Ready?" he asked the violet haired girl as he raised his blade. The young man did not expect to have to fight that many wolves, although he didn't mind. More loot, I suppose. We should be able to survive this, they aren't too strong.

"I can take these three if you fight the others." the dark haired player told his friend. In his head, he was working out a strategy to defeat them. If I were to use sword arts, this could end quick. Maybe I'll just do that.

Party:

Helios: 40/40 | D: 5 | Energy: 10/10
Vayrin: 44/44 | D: 4 | A: 1 | E: 1 | Energy: 11/11

Enemies:

Wolf: 8/8 | D: 6 | M: 2

Vayrin said nothing as Helios spoke to her, she just started to slowly walk towards the three that were coming at her. Holding her blade out, she stopped about 6 feet away from the pack, and awaited their move. She didn't wait long. Soon the wolves started snarling, and sprinted towards her. As one of them jumped at her, Vayrin quickly gripped her weapon tighter, and ducked underneath the beast. She then rapidly spun out of the second monster's bite, and leaped out of the way of the thirds. Vayrin soon found herself skidding on the ground behind the beasts after her evasive actions. She was in a half kneeling stance, as her hand held out her sword when it began to glow a bright purple. She then sprinted at the monsters, and leaped up into the air. A soon as her feet hit the ground, her sword released a powerful arc of sword art energy. The bright purple flash managed to hit all three of her targets, plus one of the wolves on Helios's side. The four creatures rolled backwards into the ground. Significantly weakened, but not yet defeated.

Rolls:

Spoiler

ID#: 44849

BD: 5+1(Accuracy)=6 [Hit!]

MD: 4-1(Evasion)=3 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4 Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike. 4x1(hitcount)=4x2(DMG multiplier)= 8-2(Enemy Mitigation)= 6

Vayrin's HP: 44/44

Helios's HP: 40/40

Vayrin's Energy: 8/11

Helio's Energy: 10/10

Enemies:

Wolf: 2/8

Wolf 2/8

Wolf: 8/8

Wolf 8/8

Edited by Vayrin

Helios wanted to end the wolves quick. He noticed how low their health was now at. "Great job, Vayrin." he chuckled, his blade beginning to glow green. None of the wolves even attempted to scratch, or bite, or do anything else to the player. They must have their aggro on her. he thought, looking at the violet haired girl for a moment. The dark haired player rushed towards the wolves, activating a more powerful sword art, that really wasn't necessary to use. "If it will kill them, I'd might as well use it!" he exclaimed, activating <<Farrant Full Moon>>, an AoE ability that easily defeated the monsters. He watched as four of them shattered into bright, blue pixels. Helios chuckled, turning his head to Vayrin, who was about to end the fight. This lasted shorter than I had anticipated.

ID: 44852 BD: 9 LD: 12

Party:

Helios: 40/40 | D: 5 | Energy: 4/10
Vayrin: 44/44 | D: 4 | A: 1 | E: 1 | Energy: 8/11

Enemies:

Wolf: 2/8 | D: 6 | M: 2
Wolf: 2/8 | D: 6 | M: 2
Wolf: 0/8 | D: 6 | M: 2 +1 Mat, 40 Col

Edited by Helios

Vayrin simply gave Helios a nod, after he used his sword art to finish off the wolves she weakened. The remaining two wolves hesitated to attack them now that their numbers had been made thinner. Vayrin gave a smirk as she held out her blade, and took another few steps back. As her blade began to glow, Vayrin sprinted towards the two remaining creatures. The two Wolves did the same when they saw her coming. Soon, Vayrin kicked off the ground, and spun in the air. Upon landing her arm swished her blade in front, generating another large arc of sword art energy. Hitting the two wolves as they were both in the air, about to land onto her. They flew back several feet as the large scars ran across their bodies. Soon, both exploded. At that, Vayrin simply sheathed her sword again. Giving off a sigh of relief.

Spoiler

ID#: 44939

BD: 5+1(Accuracy)=6 [Hit!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4 Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike. 4x1(hitcount)=4x2(DMG multiplier)= 8-2(Enemy Mitigation)= 6

Vayrin's HP: 44/44

Helios's HP: 40/40

Vayrin's Energy: 4/11

Helios's Energy: 4/10

Wolf: 0/0

Enemies Defeated

A smile grew on his face as the violet haired woman finished off the final two wolves. "That was pretty good." he told the girl. Helios' sword was not sheathed quite yet, just in case they were attacked for a second time. After looking at the amount of materials the two had obtained, he sighed. "Hey, Vayrin. You can have my share, you'd probably need them more than I do. You are a tailor after all." he told the woman, a slight grin on his face. The dark haired man tended to do that often with materials, apparently. Maybe I'm just too nice to other players. At this point, I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not.

Vayrin raised an eyebrow up when Helios offered her his share of the mats. "You sure? I mean, I'll take them if you don't have any uses for them." She said honestly. It was true she owned a tailor shop, and she needed any resources she could get. They still had more mobs to fight though, those were just grunts, Vayrin came for the Alpha's. Those wolves were much bigger, and a lot tougher. Even with two of them, on Alpha would still be a formidable opponent. "Well, we should continue. The death of their pack should attract the alpha's... I hope your not tired yet..." Vayrin told her green clad companion with a smirk on her face as she continued to walk down the mountain path. "You'll need your strength..."

Vayrin's ENG: 7/11

"Yep, take them. If it'll help you out, then I don't mind whatsoever." Helios replied, smiling. As he followed the woman down the mountain path, a smirk formed on his face. "Tired? No way, I'll take them on whenever. What about you?" he questioned, his sword ready in his hand. The dark haired player still had enough energy left for another sword skill, hopefully one with enough damage to kill an alpha wolf. "You've fought these wolves before, right? How many alpha's are normally in these packs?" he asked, curious to know what they were facing. He had learned about wolves in school once, and outside of the game the amount could range from anywhere between three and twenty alpha wolves. I swear to God, if she brought me down here to help her fight twenty wolves... Honestly, I think i'd probably just fight with her until we died, which I doubt would take long.

"Good, lets get moving..." She replied to Helios, glad that he still had some energy left in him. She did, that battle just got her riled up. Even though it was almost always dangerous, the combat was Vayrin's favorite activity in SAO. Much more excitement then working in her shop that is. It wasn't long after the two continued to walk down the path until they reached a large cliff, overlooking the vast floor. This was where the two Alpha wolves spawned, for dramatic effect she guessed. As she predicted, two larger, darker furred wolves were standing at the edge of the cliff, turning their heads when he two players came to greet them. Both of them snarled, and began to slowly stalk towards them. Vayrin unsheathed her blade, and got into her battle stance. "This is where the real fun begins..."

Enemy Stats:

Alpha Wolf: 22/22 HP, 8 DMG

Alpha Wolf: 22/22 HP, 8 DMG

Smirking, Helios raised his blade. I'll play defensively, these things are a lot more powerful than the other wolves. Being to aggressive will get me killed. He stood back, watching the two wolves rush towards the duo. After managing to dodge one, the second slashed his leg, leaving a red mark indicating he was hit. "Crap. Well, that's a shame." he sighed, getting ready to attack the mobs. A single sword skill could pretty much kill both of the wolves, and he could guarantee their deaths if he managed a critical hit. "They've got no mitigation, we should be able to end this fight after a few hits." he stated, his sword readied.

ID: 45331 BD: MD: 

Party:

Helios: 32/40 | D: 5 | Energy: 5/10 | Hate: 1
Vayrin: 44/44 | D: 4 | A: 1 | E: 1 | Energy: 8/11 | Hate: 0

Enemies:

Alpha Wolf: 22/22 | D: 8
Alpha Wolf: 22/22 | D: 8

Edited by Helios
Spoiler

ID#: 45521

BD: 8(No Accuracy Bonus) [Hit!]

MD: 9-1(Evasion)= 8 [Hit!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4 Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike. 4x1(hitcount)=4x2(DMG multiplier)= 8

Vayrin's HP: 36/44

Vayrin's ENG: 7/11

Helios's HP: 32/40

Helios's ENG: 5/10

Alpha Wolf's: 14/22

Alpha Wolf: 14/22

As Helios managed to dodge one of the Alpha's attacks, Vayrin quickly charged up her weapon again to deliver the same sword art she had used on the others. She she focused on the Wolf attacking Helios, she didn't notice the other sprinting right at her. It tackled her, pressing all it's weight down to keep her still. The initial impact dealt the beast's dmg to her. As Vayrin was on the ground, she held her blade up between the monster's mouth as it tried furiously to get passed it to reach her face. Seeing a weak spot, Vayrin quickly kicked the beast's stomach. it yelped and released some of  it's weight on her. Vayrin quickly used her other foot to kick it off of her. As soon as she was free, she rolled backwards onto her feet, and charged up her sword art before releasing it on both Alpha's.

Helios watched as Vayrin managed to lower the health of the Alpha Wolves. "You alright?" he questioned, raising his blade. A wolf swiftly clawed at him, but he was able to deflect the attack. That was a close one. Could have been a lot worse, had I not been quick enough to block the slash. the boy sighed, lifting his blade, Kanshou, once again. "Alright. Let's finish these off." he smirked.

ID: 45331 BD: 1

Party:

Helios: 32/40 | D: 5 | Energy: 4/10 | Hate: 1
Vayrin: 36/44 | D: 4 | A: 1 | E: 1 | Energy: 7/11 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Alpha Wolf: 14/22 | D: 8
Alpha Wolf: 14/22 | D: 8

Edited by Helios

Vayrin nodded at her companion when he left his comment. Determined to finish thhis fight before their health dipped to low, Vayrin took a couple steps back, and charged her weapon. The two wolves seeing this got both of their attention fixed upon her. They growled and barked at her, before sprinting towards her. The violet haired girl did the same, her steel glowing with a purple aura. She let out a large swing in front of her as one of the wolves jumped upwards. The arc hit it square in the stomach, and it was blown backwards several feet. The other wolf had been impacted as well, rolling on the ground. The two creatures suddenly exploded. Vayrin smiled at their ruin, and gave her sword a playful swing before sheathing it.

Spoiler

ID#: 46470

BD: 10 [Critical Hit!]

MD: 3 [Miss!]

LD: 14 [220 Col Obtained!]

Vayrin's DMG: 5+2(Crit/10=+2)=7 Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike. 7x1(hitcount)=7x2(Dmg Multiplier)= 14

Vayrin's ENG: 3/11

Helios's ENG: 4/13

Vayrin's HP: 36/44

Helios's HP: 32/52

Alpha Wolf: 0/22

Alpha Wolf: 0/22

Enemies Defeated

Helios watched closely as the violet haired woman made her move against the wolves, killing both of them. A gentle smile formed on his face as she sheathed her weapon, and he did the same. "Good job." he chuckled, putting his hands into his pockets. The girl was actually quite skilled with her weapon, which the player hadn't expected. Not that he had assumed her to be bad, but she fought like she was much more advanced than most players he'd met around their level. "Shall we take on some more, or do you want to head back? We can take a break for today if you feel like it, I don't mind." he told the girl.

Vayrin  held her chin for a moment thinking about what Helios had said. "Hmmm... I guess we could continue. The Alpha's weren't as hard as I thought they were going to be. There are some Stone Golems we can probably take as well." She looked up at her companion with a determined smile. It was true, she expected the Alpha's to be much tougher, but that was probably due to her last encounter with them. She was a lower level, and was almost killed. She was saved by another player who had witnessed the battle. Her mind went back to the present and looked back at Helios. "Well, I mean if you are still up for it." She said.