[PP-F4] Searching for a Purpose <<Complete>>

It had been a long time now since the game had started; at least it seemed that way to him anyways. He hadn’t been leveling seriously lately and all he had to his name was a few good equipment items. So far he remained completely solo even at level 13 and he had no interest in stopping. It wasn’t a matter if he should it was a matter that he just didn’t care. His life in the real world was pointless after what had happened. This game was his chance to escape reality and it had turned out better than he could have ever hoped for. Though his friends that had joined the game with him had long since passed, he didn’t wish that kind of burden on anyone else, so he remained alone. He stood there leaning against a snow covered tree in the winter snow covered forest and even as snow fell on his black attire it did nothing to bring light to dark world. All he was doing now was waiting for the next group of mobs to respawn as he had already dispatched them before. He sighed as he shook his head to forget his past, the warm breath visible as it escaped his hood and cowl. Only his eyes were visible with his cowl up over his nose and the cloak surrounding his body and the hood covering up what was left. His weapon completely hidden by the cloak as he waited, opening the menu to check the time.

Edited by Dameon

Once again, Helios found himself wandering Floor 4. Unlike previous travels, this time he was exploring the snowy, cold forests. One can only wander Snowfrost Town so many times before he or she becomes bored of doing so. After deciding to switch his routine up a bit, the dark haired player began wandering the woods which lined the Floor's terrain. The boy was dressed in his basic, black and green armor, which wasn't special whatsoever, and had his curved sword, Kanshou, on his back. The blade was in a leather sheath that the player was quite fond of. He had always loved the thought of leather sheaths over some other materials, and he didn't care what the leather's colour was. He wore his scarf around his neck, because of the fact that it was so freezing. "Geez, why is it so cold on this floor. I'd love it if I had a warmer outfit. I should buy one at some point." he muttered, shivering a bit from the cold air that would gently kiss his skin.

Dameon could hear the soft sound of crunching snow coming from behind him, the tree completely blocking the view of him. He was stationary so he knew the other person hadn’t at least heard him yet. Dameon knew the game well in a way that a solo player should, most of the animals that spawned here had four legs such as the wolves and wolves would have a more rapid sound when they walked because of their four legs. The beat of two was definitely a human and the subtle voice he heard as well only aided to his hypothesis. Though he couldn’t make out what he had said. Dameon would continue to lean against the tree using his position as an advantage just in case the person proved to be a foe rather than a friend. He would wait for the person to walk closer before he announced himself.

“You are a long way’s away from the town if you are worried about the cold,” He said seeing the man’s scarf. Dameon himself wasn’t wearing any cold gear at all in fact he was well aware of the reality of the situation, his body in real was not cold and even if he cared enough about his life he still would likely not wear any protective clothing unless it did constant damage.

Helios stood still in front of a large cliff, looking down at the beautiful scenery. As he heard the voice behind him, he smirked, not even a bit surprised. "I wouldn't say I'm worried about the cold. I simply wear this scarf because it's warm and comfy." he replied, turning around to meet eye contact with the dark haired player. The man was taller than Helios and wore a black outfit which looked rather good, in the boy's opinion. He liked the cloak that surrounded the man's legs quite a lot. It was an interesting set of armor, one that many players wouldn't choose for a snowy place like this. The emerald eyed young man could already tell this man wasn't the same as most players. This mysterious man had the eyes of somebody who had seen a lot in their life, and not necessarily a whole bunch of good. Helios was different from this man, there was no denying that. Although he hadn't witnessed much bad, he understood it quite well. The boy was smarter than some assumed, and could easily tell how people were feeling just by their facial expressions. The dark haired man in front of him was easy to read, much like Shizuka was. He seems depressed, maybe. I could be wrong, of course. he thought. "I'm Helios. And you are?" 

“A solo player,” Dameon said as cold as the floor they were on. It wasn’t that he didn’t appreciate the person not being someone quick to fight but he tried to keep his identity for a number of reasons. One being in game related, he didn’t want to draw attention and secondly if the person before him was old enough he could possibly know who he was in real. Not only had he been an American soldier stationed in Japan, prior to enlisting he had also a professional gamer playing numerous types of strategy games and by the exact same name. He checked the menu again and closed it quickly.

“You are going to want to move away from that ledge. This area is a farming ground for wolves and dire wolves. I cleared them all and they will be spawning within the next few minutes given I calculated the right RNG. They have a knock back and the last thing you want is to go flying,” He said at least giving the other player a fair warning as he leaned up off of the tree, the movement dropping more snow.

"Fair enough." Helios replied, taking the man's advice and stepping away from the ledge. For a moment, the young man didn't speak, nor did he break eye contact with the mysterious player. "So, I assume you have a reason to talk to me, am I correct?" he question, unsure of the man's motives. He's green, so I don't think he's a PKer. Unless, of course, he plans on making me his first kill. That probability is more than possible. the player decided, reaching his hands into his warm pockets. 

Helios waited patiently for the man to make a move, if that's what he planned on doing. His curved sword sat on his back, ready to be drawn at any moment. Although the odd player's stats were better than Helios', he wasn't afraid to fight if it came to that.

“I only spoke up to warn you about the high level wolves in this area. I am a solo player and do not wish to share any experience or loot. So I will just be on my way and you can take over this farming area for now. I have a quest to do anyways,” Dameon said as he turned to the direction of the town. He checked the time yet again noting they were down to only about thirty seconds before they spawned. He already knew the exact route that he had to take to avoid any aggro on the mobs themselves. He still had to buy a few potions and crystals anyways; he had yet to use them but realized how foolish that was as of recent.

“Another word of advice. Avoid the big one, it will probably shred through your gear in a matter of two strikes or so. I only beat it by manipulating it,” Dameon said as he slowly started to walk off wondering if the younger player would stay and likely fight to his death against the level mob of wolves and dire wolves, and their boss or if he would follow him. Either way at this point he didn’t care.

"Well, then thanks for informing me. But being a solo player will only get you so far. I can only assume you already know that though." he told the player. Helios had become quite interested in this mysterious, dark haired male. Turning his head back to the cliff, he looked ahead at the wolves that had began to spawn beneath them. "Trying to take on all of them alone is foolish. There's definitely a lot of mobs down there, and if I were to defeat them all, which I'm not saying I could, it would end up take ages." he said as the man started to turn and leave.

"You said you were doing a quest or something, right? I'm going with you, whether you want me to or not. You can have all of the loot drops, I don't really care about them. It'll benefit you quite a bit actually, pretty much the same amount of items gained with a quicker fight." Helios decided, beginning to follow the man.

Dameon continued walking through the snow pretending that the other player was not following him. He was slightly agitated as he continued to walk not really heading toward any quest in particular. He had a quest in mind but he really preferred to go it alone. Dameon kept walking around endlessly in the town not really doing anything hoping that the other person would get bored and leave. Though it didn’t appear to be working or at the very least, not yet.

“Ugh…do you have to follow me like a puppy?” Dameon asked stopping in his tracks as the snow continued to fall all over him. He opened the HUD and was looking at the time and was realizing he was behind his schedule already having expected to level up again by now. Dameon sighed and without speaking kept walking this time out of the town and heading up toward the mountains.

"Well," he started, "Yep. Don't act like you don't love it." he jested, smirking a bit. Helios was curious to find out more about the mysterious, dark haired man. Who was he really? The boy definitely didn't recognize him from anywhere else, not in game or from real life. I guess he isn't the president then. he decided, crossing his arms over his chest. "So, what quest is this that you plan on taking? Something entertaining, I'd imagine." the boy chuckled.

As he looked up, a white, virtual snowflake landed on Helios' face. The dark haired player smiled as he stared up at the dark, snowy sky. Although there were times where the boy despised Floor 4, today he liked it quite a bit. Glancing over, he noticed a small group of multicolored rabbits bouncing by.

“You mistake me. I really don’t like it,” Dameon said not catching the sarcasm or the joking mood that Helios was putting out, nor caring for it. Dameon continued his trek up the mountain, his cloak dragging a few inches behind him in the snow as he made his way further and further up the mountain. At this point he was starting to realize that the kid was still following him like a lost puppy. Finally he stopped in his tracks and opened up his HUD once again to check the time and to also view his quest. Dameon let out a long exasperated sigh feeling defeated and just about to give in.

“I am on my way to fight a boss called Avalanche he is a level 12 field boss that came with a certain quest. If you are certain you want to fight it I will share it with you but know I will not try to save you if you fall behind in the fight, after all I am fairly certain I can solo it albeit not without a little effort,” He said as he looked over his shoulder his face still completely covered except for his eyes. He was hesitant to party with the younger and lower leveled player but he couldn’t deny at least using him to complete the quest quicker to get back on track.

The man's expression went serious. "I don't expect you to save me. I'm coming on my choice, nobody's forcing me into this. Like I said, I'm tagging along for the experience, you can keep all of the loot." Helios told the mysterious player, his hands entering his warm pockets. The boy's head turned to the right as he thought about the quest the two were taking. Avalanche, eh? I heard something about it a while back but never bothered to take it on. I guess this'll be my chance to defeat it and gain some experience.

Dameon didn’t even bother responding to the other player he simply send over the info to him so he could accept the quest. He really didn’t want to party with the man but he knew there was little to no choice, otherwise only one of them would actually complete the quest and they would have to do it a second time. He sighed as he sent over a party invite to him and proceeded onward up the mountain knowing he didn’t have much further to go. Another ten minutes or so later the snow was almost waist level before it finally started to lighten up so that they were once again on solid footing and snow that wasn’t moving beneath his feet. Dameon checked the slickness of the ground just to have an idea so that didn’t slip in the upcoming fight.

“Were here,” Dameon said as he could finally make out the beast in the distance as the snow fell heavily around them almost blindingly. Dameon didn’t waiver as the high winds and the cold crashed into them, as long as he wasn’t losing health he could live through it. Dameon approached the monster scanning around them and not seeing any other mobs, which was interesting because normally field bosses were surrounded with smaller mobs. This just meant someone else had cleared out the mobs ahead of him. Dameon scanned ahead thinking they were not alone anymore and just as he came to that conclusion another player was launched at them apparently from one of avalanches attacks. Dameon would just barely be able to catch the other player in time to notice his health bar deplete before he shattered into data fragments and scattered into the snow.

“Damn, not another one,” Dameon said softly as he mumbled thinking the man a fool for trying to solo it without knowing he could win. He sighed noticing they had pulled the boss and it was now charging at them.

“I will take the vanguard”, Dameon said as he walked forward toward the charging monster and reached into a cloak and pulling out his blade Hellion. A one handed sword that was extremely large and appeared to be a two handed in every way shape and form but he would still carry it in one hand.

“If it manages to hit me use the opportunity for a sword skill from the flank. I won’t be switching so I can keep it focused on me,” Dameon shouted back as the met the charging foe in the middle and swung his blade as hard as he could. Dameon would stop himself just before he was able to complete his attack as he saw the monster attacking from a different pattern than he had anticipated. Dameon would jump up to avoid the boss' fist from smacking into him and ended up landing on the monsters head before he kicked off of it to create more room and distract it away from Helios.

Dice: #45340

BD: 2 (Miss)

CD: 4

LD: 3

MD: 4 (Miss)

Dameon: 52/52

Miti: 24

Hate: 1

Helios: 40/40

Miti: 0

Hate: 0

Avalanche: 100/100

Edited by Dameon

Helios watched as the unknown player shattered into blue particles, dying both in Aincrad and the real world. He frowned, a bit angry at the field boss ahead of the two players. Despite feeling angry, he stayed as calm as possible, making sure his thoughts weren't clouded by the rage. The boy's curved sword was swiftly drawn and he was prepared to attack.

After watching the man take the monster's aggro, he chuckled. Now I wait for my chance. he thought, listening to the man speak. Helios went over the plan in his head as the mysterious player ahead of him took on the mob. For him, it clearly wasn't an extremely powerful opponent, seeing as he had a good amount of mitigation to protect himself. Good, he should be able to handle himself while I wait for an opening to strike. the young man smirked.

Dameon kept the large field bosses attention as he kept dodging backwards to avoid slashes of various attacks. He waited for an opening most likely when the boss would wind up for a more powerful attack. Patiently he would evade and eventually his opportunity would come as Avalanche attacked by raising his fists into the air to prepare for an attack. Dameon took this opportunity to rush back in looking to stab the giant monster in the chest and with any luck deal a large amount of damage. A blue light emitted from his sword as he approached to attempt to land a sword skill on the large monster and hopefully set up for Helios to get an attack or two in as well. He wanted to try and stun the large monster so he could follow up with attacks of his own after. He didn't actually have any way to pull aggro constantly from the other player so he needed to use alternative means to do so.

The large beast was surprising agile. As Dameon went in for his sword skill the beast moved out of the way at the last second and attempted to counter attack Dameon. Naturally Dameon was already ready for the follow up attack the moment the monster moved out of the way. Dameon would step back a fraction of an inch the monsters fist just an inch from his face as Dameon stood there as if to taunt it. By now it was likely safe for Helios to make an attack of his own from behind.

Dice: #45542

BD: 3 (Miss)

CD: 3

LD: 8

MD: 6 (Miss)

Dameon: 52/52

Miti: 24

Hate: 2

Energy: 6/13

Helios: 40/40

Miti: 0

Hate: 0

Energy: 10/10

Avalanche: 100/100

Edited by Dameon

The boy swiftly raced towards the monster, who was distracted by the mysterious player at that moment. He lunged at their opponent, attempting to slash it. His sword began to glow a bright shade of green as he dropped down, swinging the blade. Unfortunately, the mob noticed him and moved out of the way, seeming to have laughed a bit as he did so. "Damn. I could have had that."

ID: 45545 BD: 5

Party:

Helios: 40/40 | D: 5 | Energy: 9/10 | Hate: 1
Dameon: 52/52 | D: 6 | M: 24 | E: 3 | Energy: 6/13 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Avalanche: 100/100 | D: 24

Edited by Helios

Dameon was tired of this damn monster moving around more agile than it probably should have been. It was annoying. If he didn’t have good evasion himself he would have likely been in just as bad of shape as the prior player. It was a good thing he had built safely for a solo player so that even if he had gotten hit he could absorb a lot of the potential damage. Dameon had missed yet another attack and so had Helios. He swore to himself as he guided the monster toward the cliff.

“I am guiding it to the cliff. I am going to back it up against it so we limit its movement or it falls off the edge,” Dameon said out loud to Helios as he approached the edge and the slow kicked off the side falling down below. He waited as the monster prepped another attack and avoided it by sliding under its legs to the other side. The monster still had to turn around leaving it back exposed. Dameon prepared his next attack expecting Helios to take advantage.

ID: 45558

BD: 3 (miss)

MD: 5 (miss)

Party:

Dameon: 52/52 | D: 6 | M: 24 | E: 3 | Energy: 7/13 | Hate: 3

Enemies:

Edited by Dameon

Although he was a bit unhappy with his failure, he did not keep it from stopping him. Another attack was made as Helios rushed towards his opponent, slashing at it. It flailed a bit, although it did not come close to hitting the boy. To the dark haired player's surprise, he didn't manage to land a hit at all. Instead, he found his blade clashing against a pile of ice-covered rocks. "Dammit, really?" he muttered to himself. I need to pay more attention, obviously.

ID: 45559 BD: 1

Party:

Helios: 40/40 | D: 5 | Energy: 8/10 | Hate: 2
Dameon: 52/52 | D: 6 | M: 24 | E: 3 | Energy: 6/13 | Hate: 3

Enemies:

Edited by Helios

Dameon looked up and watched Helios perform his attack attempt of avalanche but it had missed the moment the large boss had moved to try and turn around. Dameon could see and get an idea of just what it was doing, the AI became clearer to him from his experience as professional gamer. Suddenly this beast to him was no longer a monster that could end their lives it was nothing more than a video game character that was meant to die and had already died many times by now. Dameon smirked as he kicked up off the ground mid slide and his sword lit up with a sword skill as he attacked with a vertical arc carving a large V in the ice on its chest.

ID: 45561

BD: 6 (HIT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WE HIT)

MD: 3 (Miss)

Party:

Dameon: 52/52 | D: 6 | M: 24 | E: 3 | Energy: 4/13 | Hate: 4

Enemies:

Avalanche: 76/100 | D: 24

Edited by Dameon

Helios smirked as the mysterious player managed to land a hit on their opponent. "Perfect. That created a good opening for me." he mumbled, rushing towards <<Avalanche>>. He swung his blade after activating the sword art <<Bear Knock>>, slicing through the monster with a green glow coming off of the curved sword. "Alright. Go for it!" he exclaimed, waiting for the man to make his move against the large ice creature. This will be an interesting fight for sure. the young man thought with a smirk.

ID: 45562 BD: 7

Party:

Helios: 40/40 | D: 5 | Energy: 5/10 | Hate: 3
Dameon: 52/52 | D: 6 | M: 24 | E: 3 | Energy: 4/13 | Hate: 4

Enemies:

Avalanche: 52/100 | D: 24

Edited by Helios