[PP-F8] Just Keep Swimming (Vayrin)

"Gah!" I gasped as I came up for air, slicking my argent locks back. Man, I had not swum in ages! It was highly refreshing, taking a nice, cool dip in the waters below the colossal trees that surrounded me. What surprised me is that there were not more people swimming with me... oh well, more space for me, I guessed! I had removed all my clothing bar the shorts I wore under my trousers, allowing the chill water to wash over my lean figure as I basked. I took a deep breath in, then released it, absorbing the scent of the trees and the water. "This... is awesome..." I moaned, before my attention snapped to someone yelling. "Get out of the water!" They shouted, "Come on, get out!"

I tilted my head curiously, wondering what the problem was... then I noticed the giant crocodile monster that was eyeing me off right beside my arm. "W-well... [censored]..." I cursed.

"Ugh.. Where is he?" Vayrin said frustrated. She had been wandering through the large expansive forest on this floor for some time. Even though it may be extremely dangerous for a low level like her, she was still determined. She had been looking for a rare mob that apparently spawned on this floor. Only recently had it been spotted, so she figured her chances at finding it were as good as anyone's. It wasn't dangerous in the slightest, just fast. The thing about the creature that caught her attention was it's hide. It was a material that was very rare, and could be used to craft decent items. Being a tailor, she naturally had interest. Vayrin had been strolling down the path with her menu open when she heard a distant splashing. She perked her head up, and quickly grabbed the hilt of her blade. Thinking the possibility it may be what she was looking for, she crouched, still holding the hilt of her sword on her back. She slowly stalked through the grass near the border of the lake she had heard the splashing coming from, almost completely hidden. She quickly peered through it to see what was causing the sound. She was let down to see all it was was just a player, taking a swim... She was about to turn around and continue her search when she noticed something else in the water moving towards the player. "...Oh no.." Vayrin's eyes widened when she saw the shape of a large crocodile swimming up to the unsuspecting player. And he didn't seem to see it coming, nor had anything to defend himself if he did. Vayrin quickly stood up and shouted at the gray haired player to get his attention "Get out of the water! Come on, get out!" She yelled at him with her hands cupped around her mouth.

I began to swim fast... really fast. The giant crocodile thing was gaining on me and I did not like the speed at which it was approaching my thrashing legs! I had none of my gear on, and I was in an unfamiliar combat environment; what was I supposed to do?! It was then that I noticed the girl who had called out to me; she had a blade strapped to her back, so she was ostensibly a player. "Hey, I am going to need your help here, if that is alright!" I called before ducking underwater, swimming underneath my foe and emerging behind him. "Alright you reptilian bastard..." I challenged him. I placed both my hands against my chest as a steeple, fingertips together, and they glowed an ash white. As my opponent spun to face me, I struck his nose with my right hand; pressure point one. My left hand chopped him just above the eye; two. Next my right jabbed the scaly neck, and as much as it did not do any visual damage, it surely paralysed the monster; three. My left swung back over and crashed into the beasty's spine; four. Finally, I ducked back underwater and steepled my hands again, sending both into the creature's ribcage and launching him out of the water and onto the bank; five. I, too, hauled myself onto dry land and equipped all my equipment as soon as possible. "Alright, he is stunned. It is your shot." I shouted to the girl who had warned me.

ID: 44854 BD: 6 MD: 3

Sword Art Used: Five Swords (5 x 5 - 8 = 25 - 8 = 17 DMG + Stun)

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 5/13 | D: 5 (8 - 3) | M: 0 (3 - 3) | A: 0 (2 - 2) | E: 0 (3 - 3) | Thorns: 0 (1 - 1) | Hate: 0 (Stats removed due to unequipped equipment. Equipment reequipped at the end of the post.)

Vayrin: 44/44 | NRG: 11/11 | D: 4 | A: 1 | Hate: 0

Enemies:
Swamp Lurker: 15/32 HP | D: 24 | M: 8

Edited by Grave

Vayrin wasted no time, after seeing the player stun the giant crocodile. She sprinted towards the beach, as she pulled out her blade. Her sword glowed purple, and within seconds, Vayrin was in the air. As soon as she landed on the beach from the 3 foot drop from the forest, she spun around, and released her sword art at the large creature. With two brisk slashes, her blade hit it's mark across the monster's large torso. Although, as she expected, her sword did little to the monster's tough scales. The Lurker let out a loud roar after the scars faded on it's body, and quickly clambered on it's feet again. Vayrin took a couple steps back, thinking this may have been a mistake...

Roll:

Spoiler

ID#: 44915

BD: 10 [Critical Hit!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4+2(Crit/10=)+2=6 Snake Bite - 2x1 - (2 Energy) - A pair of brisk angular slashes chained in succession. 6x2(Hitcount)=12x1(DMG Multiplier)=12-8(M)= 4

Vayrin's HP: 44/44

Grave's HP: 53/53

Swamp Lurker's HP: 11/32

Edited by Vayrin

I watched the violet haired female take on the croc and deal an rather minuscule amount of damage. I wondered what level she may have been? The monster began to charge the girl, and with a quiet 'whoops' I leaped through the air and over the croc to face it. "Nope." I simply said with a wide grin and a wink, and brought both my fists back, one glowing a fiery crimson, the other a brilliant sapphire, and they shot forwards, smacking the monster in the nose and blowing him backwards like a pair of terrifying, multi-coloured shotguns. "Holy hell, that felt awesome..." I admired myself as I backed up, rubbing my fists. It was only a low-level Sword Art, but it sure as hell felt powerful. “Alright, you’re up!” I shouted to the violet swordswoman, readying myself to jump in souls she not finish off the scaled monstrosity right away.

ID: 44948 BD: 7 (4 + 2 + 1) MD: +1 BD (2 - 3 = -1)

Sword Art Used: Aggressive Twins - 8 x 2 - 8 = 16 - 8 = 8 DMG (Not killing him yet, because I want a better loot roll than 9 XD)

Regen +1 Energy

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 4/13 | D: 8 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 1

Vayrin: 44/44 | NRG: 9/11 | D: 4 | A: 1 | Hate: 3

Enemies:
Swamp Lurker: 3/32 HP | D: 24 | M: 8

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150

Vayrin paused for a moment and watched in awe as the player playfully beat the crap out of the mob. After the beast seeme to be distracted Vayrin took it as her chance. She charged up her sword and attempted to slash right through the snout of the large beast. She brought her weapon on the monster's nose, but it did barely anything. Her blade was stopped by the croc's thick scales, only leaving a tiny mark. Vayrin's face became nervous as she witnessed it. She then heard the beast growl annoyingly at her as it seemed to just be watching her, almost as if it knew she didn't stand a chance against it. "Heh, heh...." Vayrin gave a nervous laugh. The mosnter quickly opened it's large jaws and attempted to snap at her. "Woha!" She quickly leaped backwards, and skidded on the sand...
Rolls:

Spoiler

ID#:45068

BD: 5+1(Accuracy)=6 [Hit!]

MD: 4 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4-8(M)=1 (Minimum amount of dmg per hit) (I really need to use those extra 22 SP I have XD)

Swamp Lurker's HP: 2/32

(You don't need to worry about the MD ^^ Leave that to me)

I swiftly ducked in and clasped one hand around each jaw when the croc snapped at my new partner, holding its jaw open... but then I remembered that with a crocodile closed its mouth more powerfully than opened. The monster quickly shut its trap, leaving my hands idle in the air, and charged forwards, bowling me over. "Oof!" I grunted as I hit the ground, but I quickly sprung back onto my feet... only to watch the croc bite a terrifying chunk out of the violet-haired female. With a roar, I rushed forwards and wrapped my arms around the animal, hoisting him up so the girl had a clear shot at his underside. "Finish him!" I shouted around my quarry's writhing body. It snarled and wriggled against me, snapping at the air to get a taste of my flesh. If I let it go now, it would surely head straight for my newfound ally.

ID: 45158 BD: 5 (3 + 2) (And I even got a 20 on LD ;-;) MD: 8 (Realised that my evasion wouldn't affect him, since he's actually after you)

Regen +1 Energy

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 3/13 | D: 8 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 1 | Hate: 1 (Stats will be changing after fight due to Athletics change, MIT buff and level up)

Vayrin: 20/44 | NRG: 9/11 | D: 4 | A: 1 | Hate: 4

Enemies:
Swamp Lurker: 2/32 HP | D: 24 | M: 8

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150
Spoiler

ID#: 45327

BD: 6 [Hit!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4 Snake Bite - 2x1 - (2 Energy) - A pair of brisk angular slashes chained in succession. 4x2(hitcount)= 8-4 (Enemies underside= 4 M)= 4

Vayrin's HP: 20/44 ENG: 5/11

Grave's HP: 57/57 ENG: 3/13

Swamp Lurker's HP: 0/32

Enemy Defeated

As the large croc rammed it's mouth against her side, Vayrin flew several feet back, hitting a large rock on the beach. She fell to the ground for a moment, and got half way up, holding her side. As the large bite mark began to fade, Vayrin's face got angry with rage. She quickly grabbed her weapon and sprinted back towards the monster with her sword glowing. Luckily the other player must have caught on, and provided a much needed opening by holding the monster's much weaker underside just for her. Vayrin let out a furious yell before she spun her weapon around, releasing a large wave of sword arc energy, slitting the creatures throat. The impact made the monster lose it's balance before falling on it's back into the sand... Vayrin stood there breathing heavily, weakened from the battle significantly...45

Edited by Vayrin

(What did you get for your LD roll?)

I grunted in relief as the croc was flung from my arms and shattered into sparkling data once it hit the bank. I was puffing, exhausted from tackling a writhing, muscly beast like that. My vision turned back to the violet haired female and I shone her a kind grin. "H-hey..." I greeted her, still heaving. "That was some pretty good sword fighting there." I complemented her, rubbing my fists gently. "My name is Grave. It is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you very much for warning me about that bastard... I would much rather not become a reptile's lunch today." I jested, chuckling. I pressed my hands to by back and pushed, the popping of aching joins echoing through the dark waters below the canopy of the trees above. “Oh yikes, sounds like I really needed that.” I proceeded to stretch out my arms and legs, though they didn’t pop nearly as loud as my spine.

---

+1 Energy: 5/14 (Level up)

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150

(I got a 4)

Vayrin stood silent, staring at the spot the croc had been only moments before. She continued to breath heavily, exhausted from the battle. She continued to stare as the other player spoke to her. She waited for him to finish before her face got an angry expression on it and she quickly sheathed her blade and turned in his direction, seemingly ignoring the compliment he had given her. "What the hell were you doing swimming in that lake!? Don't you know that one is filled with crocs?" She scolded him, quickly pointing to the water to see 3 more Swamp Lurker's staring at them, before diving in the water and ignoring them. She sighed for a moment, trying to relax. "My names Vayrin..." She told him before crossing her arms across her chest.

(Might wanna list that and the Mat you earned at the end of your post XD)

My expression grew nervous and I raised my hands in instinctive defense when the girl began scolding me. "I-I am terribly sorry! This is the first time I have been here, and I kind of came in blind!" I apologized; I probably should have asked around before going there. I followed the female's finger when she pointed to the water, and I gulped at the triad of reptiles that surfaced, then submerged. "They... were not there when I was in..." I said in a small tone. Finally she introduced herself as 'Vayrin' and something clicked. "Wait... Vayrin, Vayrin... I got it! You are a Tailor, right?" I asked, enthusiastic to finally meet the girl Zandra told me about. No wonder the name sounded familiar the moment I tested it on my tongue. I had asked about any tailors Zandra knew, and Vayrin’s was one of the names that had come of that conversation.

---

+1 Energy: 6/14

Edited by Grave

Vayrin raised an eyebrow to this player's response when she told him her name. "Yeah... That's me." She said with a suspicious tone in her voice. "I haven't seen you in my shop before... How do you know me?" She asked nervously. Vayrin had no idea that she had gained any popularity from her shop, seeing as only a few people had ordered from it. And this Grave guy didn't seem familiar to her at all... She would have remembered him if he had entered the Violet Phantom, seeing as she kept notes of all her orders before. She quickly assumed the only way he knew her was from someone else.

Edited by Vayrin

Vayrin seemed to be extremely suspicious about how I knew her, and I honestly could not blame her. Clearing my throat, I spoke, "A friend of mine, Zandra, told me about you. I think I remember her saying she has not visited you personally, so it is likely she heard about you from someone else likewise." I explained, hands behind my back. "I said I might have to pay you a visit, maybe have a nice chat... but so far it does not really seem like you are up to chatting..." I trailed off, looking away towards the water. She was rather quiet. When people were quiet, I found it hard to fill the space with my own voice. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed serenading myself, but it did get tiring at a point. I pondered my next approach as I gazed at the reflected horizon. Surely I could open up the conversation somehow.

---

Three turns out of combat: 14/14 NRG

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150

The redness in Vayrin's face softened, and her angry expression did as well. Turns out someone named Zandra told him about her. Vayrin couldn't exactly recall the person's image, but recognized the name by the two orders she had under it. "Sorry for acting up like that." She told Grave. "Just not used to fighting these monsters, especially at my level." She knew she had offended him by his expression, and it wasn't her intention. Vayrin looked down, knowing she had done this before to others. She had the tendency to snap at people when she disagreed with their decisions. She gave a sigh, thinking this player probably knew what he was doing in the first place. Seeing as he obviously didn't need her help smacking that beast around.

I scratched the back of my neck. "Well... I guess I should be apologizing too, for being careless, and not picking up any info about the place. I am terribly sorry you had to get involved in that... how is your health?" I asked, concerned as to how much damage she took in the fight. "Again, really sorry you got caught up in my crap." I did not know what to say, apart from my apologies, which I truly meant. By the expression on her face, she seemed to feel bad for offending me by snapping. "Hey... you know I am not upset that you snapped, right?" I reassured her, a kind glint in my eyes. "I kind of deserved it. I am not offended, rest easy." I told her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "So... Vayrin, what would you like to do? Hunt more monsters? Find a nice café? It is your choice." I offered, smiling softly down at her.

Edited by Grave

Vayrin nervously gazed up at her health gauge when the boy asked her how it was. The violet haired girl cringed at it's sight when she just now noticed that Croc had taken over half of her health... "Oh.. Er... It's alright.." Vayrin lied with a nervous smile on her face. Trying to hide how weak she was compared to these monsters. the Violet haired girl looked at his hand as the Grave placed it on her shoulder. "I um... I was just hunting a rare mob. I was going to get back to it..." She told him, looking up at his face. Pretending to ignore his hand placement. "I suppose help would be fine."

The awkward contortion in Vayrin's expression and her broken speech suggested one thing; worry. "It took you down quite a lot, did it not?" I ratted her out, my expression perception winning out once again. "Oh? A rare monster?" I asked now intrigued. I do not care for bounties; I prefer to hunt for the thrill of the fight. "I would be honoured to follow you into battle against a rare monster." I responded with a small bow. "Lead the way!" I offered, extending a hand outwards, gesturing for her to take us away. It wasn't every day I went out to find a rare beast few had taken down, but it was exciting every once in a while. Maybe once I buffed up my gear and stats a little, it would be worth taking on rare creatures as a hobby - maybe a side gig even. Bounty hunting actually didn't sound too bad.

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150

"Ehh... It's not really monster... More like a slightly smaller rabbit." She said to Grave. "It's not dangerous at all, just EXTREMELY fast.." She said again, emphasizing the word "Extremely" "I heard it dropped some rare material. A material a tailor like myself would find very useful." She said smirking to herself, thinking about the reward for catching this mob was. "Anyways, if that doesn't sound as adventurous as fighting a field boss to you, I don't blame you for not coming." She exclaimed. Vayrin looked back at him for another moment "Although, it won't be easy to catch... I hope you know how to sprint." She said smiling.

• 1 month later...

At the mention of a rabbit that dropped a rare material, my mouth began to water, before Vayrin told me the material would be useful to a Tailor. "Oh... alright then. I was hoping it would drop its meat..." I complained, scratching the back of my neck. "I am a Cook, you see, and the mention of a rare ingredient makes my mouth water with thoughts of the dishes I could make." I explained, before continuing, "Nonetheless, I will still help you with the hunt. I do hope it might be generous and give me its meat..." I trailed off, looking down, before Vayrin snapped me out of it. A grin crossed my lips and revealed bright teeth. "There are four things I do best; cooking, punching, kicking and running." I wasn't a track and field buff, but I was still able to outrun most kids my age in high school. Whether I'd lost my touch or not... I guessed I was about to find out.

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150