[PP-F8] Just Keep Swimming (Vayrin)

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm sure it'll drop some meat too." Vayrin replied to Grave's last comment, unsure weather she was right or not. Anyhing she could do to reassure him would help though. She quickly stretched her sword arm, still sore from the last battle. She was just glad she wasn't insta killed. Proves the monsters on this floor weren't as dangerous as she had origianlly anticipated. Either way, she still wouldn't have been able to pull through without Grave's help. Then again, HE was the one who started the battle. She was just unlucky enough to think she could finish it on her own.

As they continued to tread through the forest, Vayrin never had her hand far away from her blade. At the slightest sound she'd be fully prepared to whip it out and slash at anything. She hoped her new companion knew to do the same. Although, she couldn't help but feel somewhat on edge with this near stanger, so she decided to start a conversation. Just to ease her tension, and probably any he had by their awkward encounter.

"Sooo... What brings you to floor eight then?" She asked, trying not to sound too obvious as to what she was doing, but her lack of eye contact gave a few factors away.

• 2 weeks later...

"Good." I responded with a smile. "It better drop meat, because I would really like to make a tasty rabbit dish." I said, chest shaking as I chuckled. I could tell the girl was on edge, prepared to attack anything that might be a threat to the two of us; her hand was constantly beside the handle of her weapon, and her head shifted from side to side, scanning for danger. To break the silence she posed a question to me; what was I doing there? "I like to adventure. I want to be able to see every place in Aincrad before we finish it. This is the first time I have been to the eighth floor." I explained to her, throwing my bandaged hands up behind my head casually. "And you are just here to hunt that bunny?" I asked with a cocked eyebrow. "Must be an impressive catch to come here for that reason alone."

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150
  • 2 weeks later...

Vayrin gave a careful look to her companion at his question. "Huh? Oh, yeah... The rabbit is supposed to drop a rare hide. Came to find it before anyone else does." Vayrin answered with a small grin, her mind fantasizing about what she could do with such a rare material. These thoughts only bolstered her desire to catch this creature, assuming the rumor she heard wasn't complete BS.

"Also, it's a nice change of pace from my usual hunting grounds..." Vayrin admitted. She seemed embarrassed to do so however, as her face got a little flustered. It didn't take a detective to know she wasn't very strong. Especially with no migitation whatsoever, she needed to be careful when venturing outside her safer floors.

I cracked my knuckles loudly and looked at the purple haired girl. "Well, I hope we get it then." I chuckled, sighing heavily. "Let us just hope the bastard is not too fast to catch. I hope you can hit." I teased her with a friendly elbow nudge. "Usual hunting grounds, hey?" I asked, tilting my head. "I just go back and forth from place to place. I do not really have a 'usual hunting ground'." I explained, thinking back to my various jungle fights, and bear wrestling moments. "Gets me a large array of experience with various types of monsters." I told Vayrin, hands now casually on the back of my head. "Speaking of various monsters... here is hoping we do not run into anything but that damn rabbit." I sighed, shutting my eyes momentarily. Especially considering how low her health must have gotten against the scaly bastard, were the words that didn't leave my lips.

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150
  • 4 years later...