[PP-F1] The Beginning of a Legend! (Teselmar)

Chreon was quite perplexed at his situation. Earlier he was pretty much told that he was going to die. Well not exactly, but the GM did say that the only way out was by beating the game, which wouldn't be a problem, if death wasn't a factor. Apparently dying in the game meant dying for real, and that just wasn't an option for Chreon. Of course Chreon wasn't sad though. His life having turned into complete crap, had now been transformed. He had a reason to fight now. A way to fight. He was going to beat this game if it was that last thing he did, even if it killed him. This, is what he believed, would be a way to bring his pride back from the depths of despair. Chreon, having past mmo experience, knew what he had to do. Dying to low level mobs for exp wasn't an option this time. Really, as a typical loner, the only thing he could do, is enhance his gear... But of course to do that, he would have to craft...

<<Status>

Lvl:

Hp: 4  

En: 1/1

Sp: 0/5

Spoiler

Equipped: One-Handed Rapier/Beginner Cloth

Skills: One-Handed Rapier Rank 1

Inventory: 10 bread, 15 water

Edited by Chreon

Chreon began in the fields of the first floor. Looking frantically for materials anywhere. He was sort of in a rush to get materials, at least one, but it seemed as if rushing wasn't going to get him anywhere. Chreon decided that he would have to consider his search more carefully. The best way to get materials would be to work slowly and efficiently. This seemed like it would be pretty tedious, but if it was what was required, then he was fine with it. If anything, this could serve as a nice chance to get used to the world around him. The smell of the grass, the feel, the way it moved, was just like real life. It felt so real, to where it was like, a whole new world.

ID: 45075

LD: 11

The quest for materials was longer than he thought...and not really his forte. Chreon continued searching, trying to not let his primal mmo instinct take him over, for that could be the end of his life. Chreon decided that he would continue his search for a while, but his restlessness became a problem. It felt as if he was never going to get a piece of crafting material. The thing is, his life was in the balance here. So, Chreon continued his endless search for some sort of material. Chreon wondered on if he should move to a different location. Maybe he'd have better luck somewhere else.

ID: 45076

LD: 3

Edited by Chreon

So Chreon decided to start walking to a more mountainous region on the first floor. He was surprised at the diversity of the floor itself. It was as if he had entered a totally different area. The mountains ranged far and wide, and were very grassy. Not necessarily high, and in a sense, were more like hills. Chreon decided to continue his search for materials here. "Ah well, maybe I'll get more lucky here.", he said. Chreon was still determined...regardless of his bad luck so far. If he couldn't get passed this, how could he ever become a top player.

ID: 45077

LD: 14

Edited by Chreon

Chreon began getting restless again. He just was not used to having to gather for this long. Usually he would just dive in to dungeons and grind without worrying about death. He was still having a hard time trying to stay patient. He began to get a little hungry for battle. He just couldn't hold it much longer. He had to fight something. Even if it kills him...

ID: 45079

LD: 4

Edited by Chreon

So it was about time that Chreon wrapped up his quest for materials. Chreon did a last sweep for materials before he decided to leave the hilly area. Of course, his luck, just didn't seem to be going for him. This could very well be a problem. He was going to test his luck on a boar. Whether he dies or not...is up to chance. Chreon eventually arrived back in the fields closer to the starting city.

ID: 45080

LD: 1

Edited by Chreon

So Chreon singled out a boar to attack. His chances of survival were totally based on luck, in which he hopefully would not fail. Chreon looked at the...unusually intimidating boar. It technically had higher stats than him, and so, this battle could be not only Chreon's first, but also his last battle. Chreon didn't want to allow that. Chreon began activating the only sword art available for his low energy, <<Linear>>. It was a clean hit, and he just barely managed to escape getting scathed by the boar's tusks. Chreon began to gain some sort of confidence, by being able to scratch at the boar's hp.

ID: 45081

BD: 7

CD: 2

MD: 5

Chreon: Hp 4/4  Dmg:2  Energy:0/1

Boar: Hp 3/4 Dmg:3 Mit: 1

Edited by Chreon

The boar seemed like it got a little groggy from that attack, and was in some sort of rage. It charged at Chreon, prompting Chreon to charge right back at it. Chreon again, somehow got lucky with just a basic attack, and took another little sliver off of the boar's hp. If he doesn't mess up, he can finish the boar off. He just had to keep his guard up and not get distracted. As long as he doesn't get hit... he would be fine. 

ID: 45083

BD: 7

CD: 12

LD: 5

MD: 4

Chreon: Hp: 4/4 Dmg: 2 Energy 0/1+1-1

Boar: Hp: 2/4 Dmg:3 Mit:1

Edited by Chreon

Chreon eventually slipped up, bad... Going for another basic attack, he found his technique to be off. It was like the boar had the upper hand the whole time. The boar ran straight into Chreon, grazing his chest. Chreon's chest showed a red particle effect, what was supposed to be blood. Chreon watched in horror as his hp dropped. A tiny red bar was what was left of his hp...a sliver. This meant that he was one hit point away from death. Chreon was most likely a dead man. He should've known better than to try to tackle these things solo, but his impatience killed him. Usually this would be a lesson to be noted later but, there will most likely not be a later. The boar was getting ready for the finishing blow... "Well, it looks like I may die a loser, ah, that's a drag..."

ID: 45084

BD: 1

CD: 6

MD: 6

Chreon: Hp: 1/4 Dmg: 2 Energy: 0/1

Boar: Hp: 2/4 Dmg: 3 Mit: 1

Edited by Chreon

[In this website's canon, it's been at least a few months since the game started, just fyi! ]

Teselmar had been training on the first floor, grinding out experience and Col against the creatures of the forest. He was walking back to town after not being able to find any mobs in particular, when his eye was caught by a figure dressed all in blue. It was a teenage boy, wielding a beginner's rapier, and possessing no armor to speak of. He seemed to be engaged in battle with a boar, which scored him across the chest.

Seeing the young man go down with a crimson line gouged into his toro, Teselmar changed course and raced towards the skirmish. His arms pumped as he ran, willing himself to move faster. As he ran, he charged up a sword art, Linear, and shouted to try and distract the boar. "Hey, ugly!" The monster turned, perceiving the blonde man to be the bigger threat. Teselmar attacked, knowing that even if he missed, the beast's Hatred mechanic would keep it focused on him.

ID# 45087 results: Battle: 3+2=5 (near miss) | Mob: 3 (miss)

Teselmar had given the boar time to just barely dodge his attack, but at the very least the monster's attention was now fully on him. It lashed out, attempting to slash him with a tusk, but he'd faced that kind of trick before. Deflecting the tusk away from him with the flat of his blade, Teselmar circled it, staying between it and the blue-clad teen. "Hey, you alright?" he asked the youth, making sure he wasn't about to die.

Chreon: Hp: 1/4 Dmg: 2 Energy: 0/1

Teselmar: HP: 40/40 Dmg: 3 Energy: 8/10

Boar: Hp: 2/4 Dmg: 3 Mit: 1

Edited by Teselmar

Chreon, eyes closed, awaited his death. He heard the boars screen, and could see a flash of light, knowing that it must have been his death. He could've sworn that he had just heard someone say, "Hey ugly!" He assumed that he was in hell then. Must have did something wrong then... Chreon chose to open his eyes, and to his surprise, he was still in SAO. What was weird though was, there was this man in white it seemed, who was between Chreon and the boar. He seemed to wield a rapier as well, but it looked like he was a lot stronger than Chreon was himself.

When asked if he was alright, Chreon was startled by the voice. Chreon was expecting death so much, he could barely remember what was going on. "Ah...well...I've been better I guess..."  The man who had saved him seemed to glow in the sunlight. Chreon not knowing what else to say shifted his attention back to the boar. It seemed as though the man had totally saved his life. Chreon knew that he would be dead right now... 

It seemed as if the man had successfully drawn the aggro of the boar, which dashed straight at him. Chreon decided that this was a good time to strike, since the boar was distracted by the threat generator in front of him. Chreon leapt from behind the man, and struck the boar from the side, landing a hit more powerful than his past attempts.

ID: 45094 BD:10 crit+2dmg MD:8 (hit) LD:15 (don't know if this goes to loot yet)

The man in white had totally tanked that attack...receiving what looked like no damage, maybe as much as 1 hit point if possible. Chreon's luck had worked in his favor, for once. The boar had finally been defeated...but it was all thanks to this man. Chreon wasn't used to being saved at all... usually he was the one doing the saving. For some reason, SAO had completely switched that role from him. Chreon really didn't know what to say to the man. Chreon was still trying to comprehend how he even survived that battle. He used the only thing that he could possibly say to this man. "Thank you!". That was all Chreon could say. Honestly, Chreon felt like a total wimp at that moment.

Chreon: Hp 1/4 Dmg 2 (+2 crit)=4 Energy 0/1

Teselmar Hp: 39/40 Dmg 3 Energy 8/10

Boar: Hp: 2-3=-1 DEAD   

Edited by Chreon
Window closed out on me while I was editing...then that accidental double roll...

Teselmar saw the young man lunge out from beside him, driving his sword into the boar's heart. It shattered into a million crystalline pieces, not before nicking Teselmar's shin with its tusk. He didn't really even notice the small pip of HP lost as the beast faded from existence. Now that the danger had passed, the tall man returned his dueling blade to its sheath, and turned to take a closer look at the youth. He looked shaken, and for that Teselmar didn't blame him; having your life flash before your eyes like that was quite a wake up call. 

Striding over to the boy in blue, he offered him a hand up. "Don't sweat it, you're safe now. When you're not in combat, your health is gonna regenerate faster, so let's take a walk to a safer area while you recover, alright?" As he spoke, Teselmar remembered how many times he'd been close to death in this world. The adrenaline and narcotic rush that accompanied risking his life was his primary vice, and a small dark part of him envied the young man for his experience. But thoughts of his friends slowly crowded his mind, driving those thoughts back. I have more than just myself to think about now... He took a look over at where the Boar had perished; a <<Boar's Hide>> material item was in its place, as well as what looked to be a multiple choice item/or/Col reward drop. "Looks like you've earned yourself some loot! Go ahead and grab it if you'd like. Now," he said, adjusting the sleeves on his white battle shirt as he spoke, "What's your name?" Asking mundane questions would keep the teen from going into shock or thinking too hard about the trauma that had almost just taken place. 

Chreon took in the man's words like they were his ticket to life. He wasn't dead, and would be regenerating his health in a few seconds. Somehow he survived...mostly by luck that the man got to him. Chreon felt slightly dizzy from the fatigue and stress that was caused from the encounter. The man then proceeded to tell Chreon that he'd just earned some loot. Chreon looked and saw the <<Boar's Hide>> that was there. Chreon studied the man for a second, and saw him adjust the sleeves of his shirt. The man then proceeded to ask Chreon what his name was. "I'm...um....Chreon.", Chreon managed to say. It seemed as if Chreon was having trouble speaking, probably from the fatigue system. Chreon went ahead and gathered the Boar's meat, then proceeded to look at the man...wondering what to ask, what to even say. It felt almost as if there wasn't a right to speak, but yet, the man seemed calming. "So, um... what's yours?", Chreon decided to ask. He hoped that he wouldn't seem too awkward to the man.

<<Status>

Lvl: 

Hp:1/4  

En: 1/1

Sp: 0/5

Spoiler

Equipped: One-Handed Rapier/Beginner Cloth

Skills: One-Handed Rapier Rank 1

Inventory: 10 bread, 15 water, Boar's Hide(good item)

Edited by Chreon

Now that they were out of combat, the single hit point he'd lost to the boar ticked back up to one hundred percent. Teselmar watched the boy's health bar begin to climb as well; only four health points meant that the teen would be back to full by the time he spoke once more. <<OOC: You regain 3 HP for every post you make out of combat.>>

The boy in blue asked his name, and to his mild surprise, he didn't have to think about it any more before his in-game name sprang to his tongue. "Teselmar. Well Chreon, was this your first kill?" The lithe fencer gestured to where the monster had been vanquished.

The answer that Chreon got was interesting. "Teselmar", was his name. Interesting, yet unique name the man had. It actually made him think of food... Chreon looked up to see what his Hp had gone back up, and he was back to normal. That really was a close call... Calm now, Chreon went over to Teselmar who called him over. Teselmar asked Chreon if this was his first kill. Chreon responded with a subtle, "Yes, sir." Then he hated himself for adding that sir in there. He was so used to calling everyone sir, or ma'am, and forgetting that only some people would actually prefer to be called that. Chreon tried to let the thought not worry him too much. Then he realized how boring he was... Chreon just couldn't seem to get open-ended.

The youth was polite, at the very least. He still seemed a bit shaky from his close encounter with the boar, so Teselmar made up his mind. Looking around to make sure there were no more enemies nearby, he motioned for the young man to follow him. "Come on then, let's get to a safer area if we're going to have a conversation." He made strides for the edge of the trees, where the relative safety of a certain field would mean that no more forest-dwelling beasts would come after them. "You did well for your first fight. Wish I'd done that much damage the first time I set out. I missed three strikes in a row, and I had to get rescued too. So," he said wryly as they reached the edge of the trees, "Don't sweat needing a hand once in a while."

Drawing an item from his menu, Teselmar popped a custom made cigarette into his hand as it materialized. The tip ignited on its own, and he took a drag on the menthol stick. Giving the teen an amused look, he gestured with it. "I have to get these custom made... NPCs don't make a very good brand." In truth, he was healthier smoking here in the virtual world, where his lungs couldn't suffer any harm. Taking a second drag, Teselmar cocked his head at Chreon. "So, where you from?"

Chreon looked at the smoke warily. Teselmar looked like he enjoyed that smoke. Chreon wondered how much effort the developers put in the game to implement things such as smoking. This was just another detail that, helped make SAO more like real life. Both cool and a curse... Teselmar was actually very nice, to Chreon's surprise. It'd been a while since he had been around more soothing people, but Teselmar was an adult so, maybe that was why. Upon being asked where he was from, Chreon wondered what that question meant...

In real life, he had been living in a small town in Alabama, with lots of woods. In SAO, though, he wasn't really sure... Actually, his memory of his time in SAO was a blur, and he couldn't remember a thing. So, he decided to mention both...while keeping in mind not to tell too much real life information, for Teselmar was still technically a stranger. "Well...I live in a small town in the southern U.S. It's not very friendly there though, and I honestly don't like it at all. I really can't remember my life in SAO though. The last thing I remember was the death sentence...but from there...I can't remember anything." Now Chreon was seriously wondering about his past in SAO, but just couldn't piece anything together. "Honestly, I haven't really kept track of time either...how long have we been in this world?"

Exhaling cool mint smoke into the air, Teselmar frowned. "You know, I'm not particularly certain myself how long it's been. Couple months or so, I believe." The death game had a way of making you forget things that were once so very important. Teselmar glanced sideways at Chreon, sizing him up. "Some players went out for a while when we all got moved to hospitals. Maybe you had a laggy connection or something, which is why you can't remember anything up until now. No worries though, you look alright now, so whatever was causing it must have stabilized." He raised an eyebrow as it registered where the kid said he was from. "Ah, a southerner. I'm from New England originally, up near Boston. Suppose my body's in Japan at the moment though, so I guess I've kinda taken up residency, haha."

He grinned genuinely, and opened up his inventory once more. "I don't really know where you stay, but at your level I'm guessing it's on the first floor." There were plenty of extremely low rent inns and bunk houses on the first floor, and he'd taken advantage of them often. Practically no one was strong enough or wealthy enough to own a house at this point in the game. "If you're sticking around this floor, which I recommend for the time being, you can tag along with me if you'd like. I have some business to attend to in town, and I could show you a thing or two about using that blade of yours, if you'd like." Removing the item he'd been looking for from his inventory, Teselmar handed a round vial, filled with a vibrant green liquid, to the young man. "You could probably use this more than me. It'll put you back on your feet if something like what happened today ever happens again."

<<1x +15 HP Recovery Potion>>