[PP-F4] The Fall of the Ax (Material Gathering with Coddexx)

Frustrated with his recent failures at smithing, Tyr needed to let off a little steam. The thought of the thick grove of trees blocking the path to his forge instantly came to mind. Maybe if he cleared them, other players would be able to find him more easily. Grabbing his ax from its peg on the wall, Tyr stepped out of the building into his personal spring paradise on the snow covered 4th floor. Taking one last look at the rose-like obelisks that lined his clearing, Tyr made his way towards the path that would take him towards the grove. As if by unspoken command, his familiar Lupa quickly fell into place beside him, matching his pace with ease.

I was looking for a change in climate so I decided to find my way up to floor four. I hadn't been up here since my first few days in aincrad where a high leveled player helped me get a jump start on sp by killing Avalanche. I knew that I was in need of some materials so I made sure to keep my eyes open. I stepped onto the teleport platform and called out "Floor Four" I laughed a bit to myself as white light surrounded me and made the floor one's town of beginnings fade away. A chill instantly met my skin and I saw the snowy landscape that I remembered from before. Glad that I had gotten the survival skill and the cold wasn't bothering me too much I made my way deeper into the snow and began my search for materials. I hadn't crafted in my shop for a long while and I need to get to work on some orders I have.

ID: 46364   LD: 19 (+1 Mat.)

Looking at the thick grove of trees before him, Tyr didn't know where to start. With a sigh, he realized that maybe it would be better to work from the outside and work his way in. Squeezing himself through the thick stands of woods, he spared a look for Lupa who seemed to be having a frustratingly easy time following him. 'Ya, I'm looking at you,' he said to the wolf when she gave him a quizzical look. Finally reaching the other side of the grove, Tyr took out his ax and, after finding a good starting point, began to hack at the trees. Within a few swings, the first tree dissapeared into a cloud of pixels, leaving behind a good sized piece of wood laying where it once stood. 'Maybe I can make that into a haft or handle,' he thought to himself, his smithing side showing. Suddenly, he heard Lupa start to growl. Looking behind, he saw another player slowly approaching through the snow. Calling Lupa to his side, he waited for the player to get closer before calling out to him, "What brings you out to these parts on this fine day, friend?" embarrassed to realize he was letting his slightly country accent slip, sounding a little like his grandfather.

Edited by Tyr

As I wandered through the snowy terrain I saw a player and a wolf in the distance. As the players familiar began to growl my hand reached to my sword that was on my side but I stopped when the player called the wolf off. As we got closer he asked why was here and I answered "I simply like the snow and wanted to go out and gather some materials for crafting along the way. How about you?" As we were talking I kicked through the snow looking for any materials but all that I kicked up were useless rocks and I returned my focus to the player and his wolf  "My name is Coddexx by the way  how about you?" I have him a friendly smile. hopefully he would be a friend that I could make for the future. In my opinion you can't have too  many friends they are some of your greatest assets.

ID#46691 LD:11

Edited by Coddexx

ID: 46882    LD: 12 (No loot) (+1 total)

Tyr took a moment to appraise the boy in front of him before answering. "The names Tyr. The path to my shop is just on the other side of this particularly frustrating stand of trees. I came out here to hopefully try and clear an easier path to it so people might be able to find it better. Plus I'm running short on materials myself and figured I would find some while I was clearing the brush," he said looking back at the area he had just cleared, hoping to spot something he had missed at first. Sadly there was nothing. After a short sigh, he asked the boy "If you want to, I would be happy for the help and the company. There are plenty of supplies to be had here, and I think there might be a spare ax back at the forge. Besides, it would be nice to have someone to talk to for a while. No offense," he added with a side glance to the wolf who gave him a harsh look, and then turned back to the boy waiting for his reply.

Edited by Tyr

Looking at the player who called himself Tyr I smiled a little after his introductions. Looking at the brush I drew my curved blade and said. I don't need the ax I can use this girl to help clear the brush and I would enjoy working with you. I know that time spent here would be best if I make some allies along the way." Rolling his name through the back of my mind I added. " Your name sounds pretty familiar isn't it from Norse mythology?" I turned my attention to the ground and swung my blade at the ground hacking some of the plant growth away. I revealed a small golden flower that I then in turn added to my inventory. " Not too bad I guess. Lets hack away."

ID#46886 LD:15
+1 Material 

Edited by Coddexx