[PP-F1] New Times, New People (Helios)

Tyr was beginning to view himself as something of a hermit nowadays. Ever since he had gotten his forge on the fourth floor, he barely left it. The only times he had were to gather materials or to tame his familiar. As if reading his thoughts, his wolf Lupa walked up and sat down next to him giving him a sad look. 'I'm ok, just thinking.' he told her. It finally hit him that he had been talking to her a lot recently. Filling in conversations with the wolf as if she were another player. That was the final straw, he thought to himself. Packing up his things and grabbing his spear, he set off for a town teleport to take him to the Town of Beginnings. He was bound and determined to make a human friend whatever the cost. 'No, I'm not replacing you,' he told the wolf, imagining a sad look on her canine face, 'I just need human interaction for once.' Getting to the portal, he quickly pressed the button to take him down to floor one.

"Goodbye Town of Beginnings!" Helios said aloud, leaving the main city of the First Floor with his jaguar, Lucifer. "Alright buddy, what should we do today? We could always hunt you some food if you're hungry." he asked the feline, although he was aware the cat couldn't speak. Instead, he responded by letting out a soft growl. The dark haired man withdrew his curved sword, Kanshou, and slid a hand into his pocket. A smile formed on his face as he closed his eyes, allowing the cool wind to brush past him, kissing his face gently. Opening his eyes, he chuckled, looking at the orange sunrise. "Beautiful, isn't it Lucifer?" the boy said.

Helios spun his blade in between his fingers and chuckled. "Why don't we just sit down and relax a bit?" he said to his friend, who seemed to agree by the way he acted. The two walked over towards the wall of the Town of Beginnings and took a seat in the comfy grass. Lucifer placed his head gently in Helios' lap and closed his eyes. "Taking a nap, eh? Yeah, I'm tired as well." he chuckled.

Looking around at the Town of Beginnings, he felt a little overwhelmed. There were so many people here, both NPC and player. The few times he tried to talk to someone, they either completely ignored him (players), or spouted off some generic line that had nothing to do with what he had asked about (NPC's). Getting more frustrated by the minute, Tyr decided that he needed a break. 'Talking to people gets rather irritating sometimes doesn't it,' he asked Lupa with a sigh. She just looked up at him and gave him a soft bark. 'You said it.' Tyr looked around and saw the gate to the outside, maybe some fresh air would help settle his nerves. As they made their way out of the gates he noticed a player laying in the grass with something large laying on him, though he couldn't tell what that shape was. Lupa obviously did, growling in a menacing tone and taking off at a trot towards the player. Tyr followed her frantically trying to call her to heel, but she just wouldn't listen. Finally he got her to stop about ten feet from the man, but she continued to growl menacingly, and Tyr finally understood why. The black shape was a large jaguar, apparently the mans familiar. He cringed as Lupa suddenly started barking at them, startling the player awake. "I'm so sorry about this," he told the boy, "I don't know what came over her."

Edited by Tyr

Helios was surprised when he heard the barking coming from a wolf. A wolf this close to the Town of Beginnings? The player thought, opening his eyes. He turned his head to the animal and noticed that it was standing beside a man. Ah, it's just a familiar. he smiled. Lucifer turned his head to the wolf and growled a bit before placing his head back on the dark haired player's leg. "No, it's fine. I shouldn't really be resting right now anyway, I originally came out here to do a bit of material hunting." he said, chuckling. Slowly, the jaguar wandered to the opposite side of the young man and took a seat. Helios stood up and grinned. "I'm Helios. What's your name?" the younger player asked. The man who stood ahead of the dark haired player definitely a bit older than him. His armor seemed to be the beginner's outfit that you are given upon entering the game. It's either he's a low level or he just hasn't had his armor changed, like me. Hopefully Vayrin can finish my outfit soon.

"The names, Tyr," he told the boy. "And this is my familiar Lupa. If you don't mind, may I join you. I've been holed up in my shop up on the fourth floor for so long that I've almost forgotten what human interaction was." Lupa gave him a soft bark and an angry look, "Not to say that Lupa here wasn't good company, of course. And I haven't really put enough time into leveling up to feel comfortable searching by myself, so I would be extremely grateful if you'd let me tag along." He remembered his own brief reminder of his own mortality, back before he had tamed Lupa. The thought of it still made him cringe. Ever since then he had truly been too afraid to venture out on his own. The thought of relying on a kid was a kick to his ego, but it looked like he had a better understanding of the game, and was a higher level. He swallowed his pride and waited pensively for the kids reply.

Helios examined the player. Starter armor, but it looks like his weapon is okay. He's a low level, might as well help him out. Won't do me any harm, I suppose. the boy thought. "Sure, why not. Judging by your level, you know your way around your weapon a bit, right?" he asked as he gestured the man to follow him. The boy began wandering towards a group of six weaker boars. "We'll start off with these. They aren't terribly strong, so even without mitigation you should be alright against them. Just remember, you've always got your sword arts if you need them." he reminded the player. Drawing his curved sword, the player smirked. Alright then, let's see how this goes. the young man thought, turning his head to the man. "I'll engage, just so you don't take as much damage. We don't want you dying. Just wait for my queue, alright?"

Party:

Helios: 56/56 | D: 6 | Energy: 14/14 | Hate: 0
Tyr: 12/12 | D: 3 | A: 1 Energy: 4/4 | Hate 0 (You can fix any of this that I may have gotten wrong, i'm not sure about your MIT, etc.)

Enemies:

Boar: 4/4 | D: 3 | M: 1

Tyr glance at the mobs that the boy had led him to. They appeared to be extremely weak, but it was the number of them that worried him. He knew that he could take out the whole pack in one strike with one of his Sword Arts. But in the spirit of cooperation, he waited for the boy to make the first move. Besides, if he missed or attacked only one of them, then the whole herd would be attacking him. He couldn't take that kind of damage yet. He spared a glance for the wolf at his side. The fur on the back of her neck was standing on end, she looked to be ready for the hunt. With a silent command, he sent her to circle the herd and wait for the right moment to strike. Readying his spear he looked to the boy and told him, "After you," with a smile on his face.

Party:

Tyr: 12/12 | D: 3 | A: 2 (+1 weapon, +1 Familiar) Energy: 4/4 | Hate 0 

Enemies:

Helios smirked as he looked back at the jaguar. Asleep again? Why am I not surprised? he chuckled before rushing towards the boars. "Attack on my queue!" the player exclaimed, his sword glowing bright green as he activated <<Fell Crescent>>, one of his weaker sword arts. He leaped up as four of the boars rushed him and pulled the blade down, causing them all to shatter into blue pixels. The final mobs stood back, clearly unsure of whether they should attack the two men or run. "Now, finish them off." Helios said, grinning a bit. The loot drop wasn't amazing, however it was better than nothing. Some materials for my shop, at least.

ID: 46252 BD: 5+1=6 MD:LD: 16
Activated <<Concentration>>. +1 BD
Activated <<Fell Crescent>>. 6*(1*1)-1=5 DMG

Party:

Tyr: 12/12 | D: 3 | A: 1 Energy: 4/4 | Hate 0

Enemies:

Boar: 0/4 | D: 3 | M: 1

Edited by Helios

Tyr watched as Helios felled the four boars in an instant. 'Impressive he thought,' taking note of the two remaining boars. On the opposite side of the boars from him, Lupa was stalking them silently, waiting for him to make a move. Thinking that he saw an opening, he lunged with at them with his spear. At the same time, Lupa ran at the boars barking furiously. But instead of turning to look at her, they ran away from her, causing Tyr to miss and lose his balance. He wasn't sure what hurt worse, his pride or his face, he thought as he picked himself up off the ground.

ID: 46277   BD: 1 (Crit Fail)

Party:

Helios: 56/56 | D: 6 | Energy: 14/14 | Hate: 1
Tyr: 12/12 | D: 3 | A: 2 Energy: 2/4 | Hate 0

Enemies:

Edited by Tyr

A swift slash through one of the boars was all Helios needed to defeat the mob. He watched as the man failed to hit his opponent, which wasn't unexpected since he was a low leveled player who may not have been in a lot of combat. "Try again, I'll let you have the kill." he told the spear-wielding player, who was about to make another attack.

ID: 46358 BD: 7 MD: 6

Party:

Helios: 53/56 | D: 6 | Energy: 11/14 | Hate: 2
Tyr: 12/12 | D: 3 | A: 1 Energy: 3/4 | Hate: 1

Enemies:

Edited by Helios

ID: 46365  BD: 3(+2 Acc)= 5 (Miss)

Steeling himself for another attack, Tyr barely noticed Helios speaking  him. Instead he focused intently on the final boar, watching Lupa out of the corner of his eye. With a quick step, he lunged out with his spear to stab the creature in its ribs, but narrowly missed as the boar turned suddenly to face Lupa, who had been trying to sneak behind it and bite at its legs. 'Dang it, we really need to work on our timing,' he thought looking to the wolf as the boar turned its attention back to Helios. "Go ahead and take the kill man, maybe I'll be able to hit the next one," he shouted at Helios, barely suppressing his embarrassment.

Party:

Helios: 53/56 | D: 6 | Energy: 11/14 | Hate: 2
Tyr: 12/12 | D: 3 | A: 1 Energy: 2/4 | Hate: 1

Enemies:

Edited by Tyr

Helios chuckled. "Alright, if that's what you'd like me to do." he replied, raising his curved sword. Swiftly, the dark haired player rushed towards the weak boar, slashing it with his blade. It suddenly shattered into particles, which quickly disappeared. "Well, it was a nice try, although you didn't hit any of them. Shall we fight some more?" he questioned the other player.

ID: 46488 BD: 10

Party:

Helios: 53/56 | D: 6 | Energy: 10/14 | Hate: 3
Tyr: 12/12 | D: 3 | A: 1 Energy: 2/4 | Hate: 2

Enemies:

Edited by Helios

ID: 46583    LD: 10 (No mat.)

Tyr sat back on the ground and watched as Helios dropped the last mob. He made it look easy. All Tyr could think about was how useless he felt. "I think that I'm gonna hold of on fighting again for a while. Maybe practice my collaboration with Lupa before I try again. If you don't mind, I know of an area nearby where there's quite a few materials to harvest." Before he could get the boys answer, he thought he spotted something metallic in the grass nearby. Getting closer he saw that it was just a trick of the light. 'Maybe I'll be able to find some ore there,' he thought to himself, making his way slowly to the spot he remembered.

Edited by Tyr

ID: 46835 LD: 9

"Sounds fair enough. I'm actually in need of materials for my shop, so this is a great opportunity." he replied, following the man as he started to walk. They arrived at a spot where he had thought a material had sat, but it seems they had both been tricked by the light. I got a bit excited at first, but it looks like there wasn't anything there to begin with. "Shall we keep moving?" the raven haired player asked.

Edited by Helios

ID: 46883    LD: 10 (No Loot)

"Sounds good to me," Tyr told him. "The place I told you about isn't much further away." He turned and made his way to the trail that led to the mat farm area he had found on one of his few solo expeditions into floor one. As they walked he couldn't help but wonder at the boy next to him. Where he had moped about in self misery for the first part of his time in Aincrad, this boy had gone out there and made something of himself. Watching the way Helios had taken out those albeit weak boars, he could see that the boy had seen a lot more fights than that, and was more competent with that sword than he appeared. Turning to Helios he asked, "So what all happened to you after the first day, if I may ask?"

Edited by Tyr
  • 2 months later...

The noirette thought back to his first day in Aincrad. "Hmm. Well, I don't remember it being too exciting. At least, not until Kayaba announced we'd be stuck in here until we clear all 100 floors. I simply made a game plan so I knew what I was doing and I began to grind.", he explained, "What about you? Did anything interesting happen?" Helios asked, curious to know what had happened to the man after hearing Kayaba's news.

• 3 months later...

Kasier was at it again. She was searching for materials in the first floor. She was looking for wild Cocoa Beans so that she can make more coffee and hence gain more experience and become an even better cook that she already was. Her eyes scanned the outsides of the first floor. She was going to have to exit the first floor but she knew that boars won't attack her as long as she doesn't engage them in combat. This is perfectly fine because Kasier wouldn't even think to touch them. Heck, if one of them wanted food from her, she would probably give it to them. As she exited the starting city, she looked around at the trees, wonder what she could find on these trees with her low amount of loot boosts.

ID: 64286
LD: 1 

Kasier went on the closest tree to see a bright red apple at the tall tree. She could definitely use a few apples to make apple tinted flavored coffee for her customers. However, it was easier said then done. The apple was high in the tree and the tree was actually quite the tall one. Kasier had never climbed a tree and hence, she wasn't aware when she accidentally stepped in mid-air, sending her crashing headfirst into the floor. Recently, she had been falling a lot and she didn't appreciate it. She fell quite a bit while punching a rock just a few days ago and now she was falling from trees while trying to get materials.

Materials: 0

Edited by Kasier

Deciding he'd allow the man to fight for himself, Helios waved goodbye as he walked away. He thought it would be a good time to collect a few materials, since he hadn't done so in a while and he had a bit more time before it got dark. The noirette stepped towards a tree, which had a bright, red apple sitting in it's branches. He was about to begin to climb up the trunk of the tree when he heard a thump coming from the other side. There sat a dark-haired young woman, who had fallen out of the tree. "Oh, Kasier! You alright?" Helios asked the girl, reaching out to help her stand. 

ID: 64399
LD: 10
0 Mats.

"I guess you were also trying to get that apple? I was going to get it for myself, but since you have a shop, I wouldn't mind giving it to you." he chuckled, attempting to climb up the tree. Making it up the tree was easy. However, maneuvering around to reach the apple proved to be difficult, because of the weak branches. He was almost able to touch the round fruit, but he could feel the branch beginning to crack. Then, it snapped in half, causing the boy to fall to the ground with it.

Edited by Helios

Kasier was about to go for that apple again when a man popped up next to her and helped her stand up. Indeed, she had failed miserably while trying to obtain that material and it was more than likely that Helios had been there at the right time to see it as well. It didn't matter though, she would go for it once more as soon as Helios went for it. With a smile and a nod, she waited when the man attempted to do the same thing she tried to do. He reached out and just a few more centimeters would have secured the red, juicy apple in his hand, however, with a snap, the tree branch underneath of him broke, resulting in the man falling from the tree and planting his face in pretty much identical area as when Kasier fell not that long ago as well. "Oh geez..." Kasier said, trying her hardest to hold back from a laugh. With her hands reached out, she helped Helios stand just like how she was helped up by the man just a few seconds ago. "Well... I'm gonna go for it one more time and hope that I can get it... If I don't... Oh well. I have to go tend to my shop." She said, eyeing the apple with fierce determination.

ID: 64402 
LD: 10

Kasier approached the apple in the same way. However, this time, she decided to rotate around the tree and search for a better place to climb that looked safer. In the end, she was able to find one and up she went, flying towards the red fruit that was her destination. As she jumped, she reached for the apple, feeling the apple, and fell right back down to the ground without placing a firm grasp on the apple itself. I'm too short... She thought, sighing as she stood up once more.

Edited by Kasier

ID: 64410
LD: 11
0 Mats.

Helios chuckled. "Oh well. It's just too high up there. Maybe another time we'll have better chances." The male sighed, turning his attention to the girl, who was already on her feet again. "I guess you need to head back to your shop. I'll see you around then." He smiled before turning around and strolling back out into the fields, where he enjoyed relaxing.

Edited by Helios