[PP-F01] Secret Medicine Of The Forest

The Sinner & The Saint

• Inu had picked up the quest some time ago now, hours possibly, but unsurprisingly, she had yet to leave the actual town to complete it. Like, at all. In fact, Inu hadn't even set her gear to ready herself for it. Instead she wore some sheer barely-there dress she'd been gifted by her brother.

It was a soft sky-like blue, that boded well with her pale skin. Her feet were bare of any shoes, but her arms shimmed from the small clasps around each of her biceps, that were an enriching gold. Much like the chain crown she wore, with a small jewel that dangled just above and between her large lilac eyes. It was an amethyst, or at least as near to it as Sword Art Online could get. It was her favorite gem, so she treasure the jewelry dearly. It was a beautiful ensemble, truly; far better suited for some sort of elegant meeting rather than lounging in the grass by the river side as she was, dazing off into oblivion. Lost in thought from her troubled mind.

Something about the mission made the young one nervous - she imagined it had to do with the fact that there were those who'd been known not to return from it. Whole groups even. The little one was curious as to why, and had certainly asked her fair share of questions to anyone willing enough to answer them, and she'd been given a few reasons. But she couldn't even fathom what it'd be like first hand, and regretted having thought she could manage this one solo; yet just the same, was too embarrassed to ask for help from the rest of her guild, who all had already completed it (some even solo). Inu was well aware that her inability to ask was ridiculous, at the very least.

That is what the guild is there for, isn't it? She sighed heavily at the passing thought, wanting only to prove herself in hopes to solidify her standing in their ranks, and show them all that she deserved the title of Lieutenant, rather than just feeling like most of the guild saw her as such because her older brother had been the one who started it.

Granted, she had the strength of her little wolf-pup, and her performance skills were growing quickly every day she spent in the field, but Inu couldn't help but feel like it would all do her little good once she was face-to-face with the task at hand. "Will I ever be good enough?" The young one softly murmured, knowing full well there wasn't really an answer that she'd ever receive. Idly her hand reached out to her side to find the soft ivory fur of the wolfling beside her. Inu smiled as she brushed through it then, opening her eyes, rolled over to curl up next to him, not really noticing how far it'd pulled her little dress up to do so. Instead she nuzzled into the pup, who groaned playfully at the sensation of her small affections, and nuzzled her back. This caused the young one to giggle, and happily, she kissed his little snout. The little one had grown mighty fond of this beast, and she no more wanted to place him in dangers path, than she did herself. "I know we should go... but we need help, and I couldn't stomach asking anyone from the guild..." She sighed again, little digital tears forming in her eyes.

"They'd laugh at me. Wouldn't they? Everyone gets a good laugh out of a little weakling like me..." The wolf snarled, than yipped... but it wasn't as if he was responding to her... instead, to someone else's company... or so it seemed? Inu sat up slowly, her cheeks flushing a soft pink as her coral kisser curled nervously into a weak little grin, and she peeked bashfully behind her; her hands moving to pull up the thin straps of her dress that had fallen loosely from her shoulders.

Tag // Kirito

The Black Swordsman, Kirito, known for being the highest player in the game and loved helping others. Though his biggest flaw was being a player killer. This drove him insane, he never planned on becoming one and he wish he could some how become green once more. It wasn't his fault he had became a player killer. It was his friends fault. But, Kirito never did tell her that, he kinda just took on this burden alone. He was glad his friend was saved and that's all that matter.

The young males clothes consists of black pants with a black belt that had a large silver buckle, a black V-necked shirt that was worn underneath a black trench-coat with gray lining going down the sleeves and black boots with silver plates to protect his shins. He has a silver plate worn on his coat, which was on his left side, and a pair of black fingerless gloves.

His height was really that good for a boy his age, seventeen. So in real life he often got teased by his good friends about being short. Though it wasn't something that bothered him. Kirito was the average guy who could assist anyone in the need of help and stand up for himself during bosses. He was a solo player so he didn't really like the idea of being in his best friends guild, Shark. But, Shark gave him the co-leader position and Kirito tends to just roll with it. This was probably his closest friend in Sword Art Online.

It was a beautiful and magnificent day in Aincrad. Kirito was walking around town while finishing up his last piece of his burger because he knew he needed to get outta town. The NPC guards were already looking for him and they could find him easily when he's in town. Just like all player killers, there is a price to pay. No player killers are allowed in town or the NPC will drive them out. It was a huge pain in the ass to be honest.

Finally, his senses catch on and he feels the present of some NPC guards. He dashed away as quickly as his sprint skill let him. Not paying attention to his surroundings he almost bumps into a young lady. He catches himself before he does, giving her a worried look while waving his hands side to side with a rather panting facial expression. "Sorry about that....I almost ran into you, huh? I'm pretty clumsy when I'm trying to get away from the NPC guards. I just wish they'd understand I'm not some player killer who just kills. I never do that....whelp. Not that you care or anything, but my name is Kirito. It's nice to meet ya." He gave her a carefree smile before a gust of wind suddenly blew. Shrugging at the young lady's facial expression as if she was having a hard time or something of the sort. She kinda seemed like she was new to the game or something. Maybe she's having trouble with deciding on a quest? Hm? Thinking to himself, meanwhile his right hand slowly rises and rubs the side of his face with his left eyebrow raised.

• Inu stood slowly, her lilac eyes fixated upon the approaching player, as a confused expression distorted her otherwise semi-placid facade. But it became clear, quickly, that whoever he was, he wasn't paying much mind to the things around him - well, at least not anything other then the guards, it seemed.

Noticing such though took Inu longer than she had time to waste though, and before she could step out of his way, he'd came barreling up right before her. Luckily he'd caught himself just moments before an embarrassing collision (on both their behalves) and didn't actually bump into her at all, but rather, stopped just inches before he had. Inu's cheeks flushed a darker red as she swallowed deeply, pushing forth a clearly uneasy smile as the boy flashed her a carefree grin. She felt her heart flutter momentarily at the sight, but even more so when her eyes caught the orange of his courser. A different sort of flutter, she supposed. As he spoke Inu stayed rather silent, her eyes wide with both worry and wonder as Ezo, her albino direwolf, drew up beside her, emitting a low and protective growl at his owner's behalf.

The wolf stood now to about the woman's waist, which was nice, because she was able to simply reach down and stroke his furr in order to calm him - which she did just then. As of right now it was no use making any enemies, she knew that. Especially not a player killer. Though it seemed even that had a far deeper story than she was willing to inquire about at this moment. "The name's Inu..." The young one finally peeped timidly after the boy had finished, her little hand reaching out in greeting, even if her mind raced with questions. She recognized his name, he was known all throughout the game as the highest leveled player thus far. That was certainly saying something, wasn't it?

Where is Saix? She kept begging, though knew he was out with the rest of the guild leveling and gaining supplies. What should I do? He'd die if he saw me next to a PKer...

"The pleasure's all mine, really... You're like... the famous one, aren't you?" Her smile softened, though her other hand gripped Ezo's fur nervously. She wondered then what a sight she must be. Her dainty little dress that barely reached past the curves of her waist, with a fabric so sheer that in a certain light patches of her digital flesh could be seen beneath, and... well, if it had been the real world, Inu imagined she'd be covered in grass stains and dirt given the hour or so she'd spent toying around with the pup in the grass. Doing anything but the quest, as she knew she should be. "I'm sorry if I was in your way... I'm just... killing time I suppose..."

She rose a hand to rub the back of her head, her smile now testifying to her nervousness in his presence. Her cheeks still a rosy pink. "Soloing a quest can be so intimidating... ya?" What a stupid thing to say... She thought, knowing full well he was just as renown for being a solo player.

From the looks of the young female her eyes gleamed so beautifully. She looked as if she was blushing somewhat from me looking at her. Then Kirito noticed her eyes shifted toward his cursor. He clenched his fists and sigh. He knew she probably felt indifferent about him considering he was known as a player killer. A title that didn't fit this young male who seemed to cherish beautiful days and helping others. His only regret in this game is becoming a player killer. He tensed up and looked down with a bit of sweat dripping down from his face, slowly hitting the ground like his whole entire heart.

Then her wolf started to growl in a vicious way toward Kirito. Causing him stumble back and fall onto his butt. Waving his hands side to dude at the wolf while giving it an unusual facial expression. Then suddenly he heard the quiet girl speak. It was like an Angel speaking to a Devil.

She may have said a few words but he could tell she was kind hearted and pure. She probably didn't dislike him but the fact that he's a player killer. Kirito stood up and brushed his attire off as if it had actually got dirty but instead he wasn't thinking before acting. It was expected to do such a thing you'd do in real life. "Your names Inu, huh? That's a really pretty name." He said in a kind and polite manner, turning his head away from the girl named Inu.

The girl frightened Kirito with her outburst about him being really famous and what not. The pleasures all hers? He thought to himself before shaking his head. "The pleasure is all mines actually. I'm not really anything but an ordinary player. Don't think I'm much more than anyone else. Actually players like you are way above me. Hahah." He chuckled after his weird comment. Kirito suddenly blushed at the Inu's dress. He covered his face with his hand and laughed nervously. Kirito shrugged.

"You weren't in my way. I wasn't watching were I was going. So I apologize for that! Killing time, huh? Weird..." He said before smiling brightly. "Soloing quests are a piece if cake. I'd rather do it then take someone and they end up dying. That just sucks.....it's really a sad thing to think about. But, are you in need of help for a quest? I wouldn't really mind helping you out. I understand if you don't trust me because I'm orange, I get that a lot. But I'm different from other player killers. I've only killed once....it was a mistake because someone tried harming my good friend. I just did what I had to. Meh...."

He said emotionally while looking up toward the sky and placing his hand over his face. The young make was filled with sorrow. Orange sucked, he thought before sticking his hand out to the young female with a smile. "About this quest, can I please help?" he stated happily.

• Inu's blush darkened as the Kirito complimented her, and almost instinctively her lilac eyes bashfully fled away.

It wasn't ever easy for her to accept the good will of others, but she knew that was mostly her own misfortunes, rather than the ill-will of others. His story about his courser, however, drew her full attention back to him. And though she didn't wish to reflect the empathy that welled inside at his words, it fought through, causing her smile to ever-so-slightly fade. How horrible it must have been to carry the color of a killer around, when in truth he was nothing less than a hero to someone. Someone who Inu prayed was still alive, for his sake. Granted, it could all be a fable, but even in this digital world there was a soft honesty to his eyes she was not so blind as to not see.

However, it was his last remark that had caught her entirely off guard, and for a moment the young one didn't know what to say. "I... uh..." Her mind raced for a reasonable answer, but she hadn't expected one of the game's best players to offer someone as measly as herself a chance... even if he seemingly thought more of people like her, than he did himself. "Uhm... would... wouldn't it be a bother? I-I... I mean... it certainly wouldn't take much effort on your behalf, I'm sure. Rumor has it... your far exceed it's level." The young one swallowed her words again, her gaze shifting between the boys eyes and her feet. Why it suddenly felt like she had never talked to anyone, like ever before, in her entire life now was beyond her. How did he make her so nervous? Inu imagined it was the lethal combo of how high a level above her he was rumored to be, the orange courser, and well... her sheer lack of confidence in herself.

But that's when, in the time they had already killed exchanging what few words they had, she could see the guards approaching yet again, looking for the boy she now talked to... the one that could potentially help her complete this quest with little trouble or injury. Inu needed that, so without a passing thought spared the little golden haired girl grabbed the boy's extended hand, lacing her fingers between each of his, and quickly tugged him to follow her away from the river front, and down one of the back allies that lead much closer to the edge of town then where they had been before. Finally, after taking a few deep breaths (as if she needed to), Inu turned back to face him. For a moment she bit her lip, nervously, and as it slipped slowly from between her pearly whites she eye'd him one last time with those large lilac eyes.

"I can trust you... can't I? Just tell me I can, and I will." Ezo whimpered beside her, but she ignored him, keeping her entire focus on Kirito. "You don't know what help you'd be to me. I'm too afraid to do this alone..." It felt like a blow to an already non-existent pride. "I'm not as brave as people like you..."

There it goes again, the cute blush Inu couldn't seem to control. She's a weird and shy like girl from the looks of it. Very beautiful indeed. Hopefully she's changed her opinion about me tho. Never really intended on being a player killer in this game. If my friends from in real life was in this game along side me I would've never been able to show my face around them ever again. Maybe they are in this game and I just don't know it. But, who knows? No use in stressing over this cursor. I'm sure they'll have something in this game that can change it back to green. Hopefully.

Kirito tensed up once more before the young female, Inu, had stuttered her way into a question. He barely could understand what she was saying but somehow he managed. "It wouldn't be a bother to me. In fact it'll be the best thing I've done in a while. As long as players are in need of help then I'll always attempt to help them achieve in what they want to do. I want to help you Inu. It doesn't matter who I am or what I do..."

The Black Swordsman spit his words out in a caring manner in which you wouldn't expect from someone like him. Most players knew he was a good guy and loved him, but others felt different about him. Only because of his cursor. It was a curse that hung above the young male's head.

Still having his hand extended for the girl to shake, instead he noticed the girl grabbed his hand and entwined their fingers. Blushing slightly he followed in her footsteps after looking back to see the stupid NPC guards on his ass. They finally escaped the guards and then Inu stopped and turned toward Kirito. She questioned the boy and before he could give her an answer she began speaking in a weak like tone. Was she always like this?

"Inu, you can trust me. Like I'll keep saying over and over, I'm not like those sick player killers who kill for fun. That disgusts me.... So please Inu...please trust me to help you complete this quest. And stop downing yourself. It's not cute Inu. I'm sure your a strong and brave young lady. I'll help you witness this during this quest. Being brave isn't what everything comes to.... It's your will to achieve and keep fighting! It's your will of fire that you must believe in. By the end of quest I want your will to shine as bright as my own."