[SP-F5] Another Shark Movie <<Blood in the Sand>>

Helios stood from his comfy spot on a bench and looked up at the sky. I've got new gear, maybe I should check out the Sand Shark people have been fighting. It may not be the newest quest, but it seems like a battle that won't be hard. the player thought, opening his inventory. "I have the potions I bought from Shizuka, as well as the new pendant made by Teselmar. I even have a cookie from my own shop, although I don't think I'll be using it this time around." he muttered, deciding on what he needed. He wore his <<Archangel's Suit>> as well as his <<Cape of the Seraph>>, which were hand crafted by Ariel, a skilled tailor. At his side was <<Kanshou>>, his beautifully made curved sword. However it wasn't enough to last him forever. Perhaps I'll keep the weapon after Macradon finishes my new one and I can hand it off to another player in the future.

A grin formed on the dark haired player's face as he placed the masterpiece, <<Michael's Pendant>>, around his neck.. "Now," he started, "What am I going to need to bring along on this quest?"

Edited by Helios

The raven haired man's eyes fell to the damage mitigation potion he had bought the day before. It materialized in the palm of his virtual hand and he chuckled. "Time to drink, I guess." he said, taking the small damage potion out of his inventory as well, just for that extra damage. However, he was unsure if he should use the damage potion. It didn't really seem necessary, since the boy had multiple sword arts ready to be used, as well as enough energy to use them. Opening the information broker, Helios read up on the shark, looking mainly for it's stats. Thirty damage, One-hundred and twenty five health. No mitigation though, so this shouldn't be a hard fight if I use my mitigation potion. he decided, placing the damage potion back in his inventory.

Finally ready to leave, Helios took the cap off of the mitigation potion. Bringing it to his mouth, he took a sip. It didn't taste too bad, actually, which surprised him a bit. Although, he couldn't place his finger on the taste, he new it was a good one, definitely. The man continued to drink the elixir until the glass bottle became empty. "Alright, now I'm ready." he told himself, beginning to walk towards Armadillo's exit. Now, all I need to do is fight the Sand Shark and win. Simple enough, I guess.

(-1 Damage Mitigation Potion)

• 2 months later...

The vast desert was Helios' least favorite place to be. Actually, he was beginning to question his reason for choosing that quest in the first place. "It was either this or some quest on the Fourth Floor. I'm not even sure which is worse..." he muttered, continuing to march through the sand. Although he wasn't completely sure where the shark lived, he had an idea. The player had asked a few people about the shark and they were happy to give him information. Now I'll be able to think of a strategy. I've got my new armor, so that's helpful. the boy thought, arriving at the position that he believed to be the home of the Sand Shark.

He entered the area which his opponent called home and inspected it. The shark was no where to be seen. Above? Of course not. Not to the left or right either. What about behind me? Nope. he thought, unsure of where the mob was hiding. It was possible that Helios was just in the wrong place, but he believed it was unlikely. He wasn't stupid. "What about... below me?" he mumbled, looking at the ground around him. Suddenly, he spun around. He saw the shark's fin just barely piercing the sand in front of him. "Found you." he smirked. Swiftly, Helios leaped backwards, unsheathing his curved sword.

Helios was ready for the attack the shark was planning. Quickly, the monster jumped out of the sand, flying over the noirette. It landed behind him and was buried once again in the sand. A frown appeared on the boy's face. "This might be harder than I had anticipated. I knew it wouldn't stay on top of the sand, but I didn't think it would be this hard to spot underneath." he muttered, thinking of a new strategy. I'll need to wait until it jumps out of the sand. I'm going to have to be fast though, otherwise it'll hit me. After I dodge the mob's attack, I'll slash it with Kanshou.

Party:

Helios: 60/60 | D: 6 | M: 39 |  Energy: 15/15

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 125/125 | D: 30

Edited by Helios

The shark was faster than Helios had hoped. It leaped out of the sand once more, attempting to bite the player. Fortunately, Helios reacted almost immediately after the monster attacked and was able to evade. However, it wasn't possible to counter his opponent's attack in that moment. "Looks like I'll need to wait for an opening then."

ID: 55044 BD: 3 MD: 4

Party:

Helios: 60/60 | D: 6 | M: 39 |  Energy: 14/15

Enemies:

Edited by Helios

Once again, the shark leaped out from the side. The only differences from the last time were the direction Helios' opponent attacked from and the fact that the player took damage. It was unfortunate, but unavoidable. The shark was simply to fast for him to escape and he was slashed by the fin on it's side. Upon impact, he fell straight on his back. Picking himself up, he dusted the sand off of his outfit and waited for another leap.

ID: 55047 BD: 2 MD: 8

Party:

Helios: 59/60 | D: 6 | M: 39 |  Energy: 14/15

Enemies:

Edited by Helios

Nothing pierced the sand, not even a shark fin. Helios continued to wait patiently, unsure of where the shark was. He couldn't tell how deep the sand below him was, but it was at least deep enough to fit a shark under. He couldn't see the slightest shift of sand around him. "Maybe it left or something. I doubt that, it's not going to just leave me alone after it's aggro is on me." he told himself, lifting his sword and turning his head to check behind him.

ID: 55232 BD: 3 MD: 4

Party:

Helios: 59/60 | D: 6 | M: 39 |  Energy: 12/15

Enemies:

Edited by Helios

The noirette jumped to the left as the large creature burst through the sand. It was a close call, but the boy was able to get out of the way fairly well. "At least give me a chance to hit you..." he groaned, watching the shark sink back into the sandy depths below. Helios tried to kick some sand from under him to see how deep it was, but he couldn't tell. Before he could react, the shark jumped out once more.

ID: 55233 BD: 1 MD: 3

Party:

Helios: 59/60 | D: 6 | M: 39 |  Energy: 12/15

Enemies:

Edited by Helios
  • 2 weeks later...

The <<Sand Shark>> leaped out of the sand and attempted to bite Helios. This time, however, he activated the sword art <<Dancing Hellraiser>. The noirette used his foot to turn himself as he swiftly spun, slashing the shark and sending it back into the sand. As the shark fell, one of it's teeth flew out of it's mouth, hitting the young man in the arm. He pulled it out, although it was quite deep in and sighed. Dammit.

ID: 57090 BD: 7 MD: 6 CD: 6 (+1 Energy)

Party:

Helios: 58/60 | D: 6 | M: 39 |  Energy: 6/15

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 77/125 | D: 30

Edited by Helios

Helios was quick to react to the sand creature's next attack. As soon as it leaped out from underneath the earth below, the dark haired player smashed it's head with his curved sword. It immediately went into the sandy unknowns once again. The young man was almost finished the quest and he was glad about that. He was excited about leveling up and he believed this assignment was one of his best chances at it.

ID: 57092 BD: 10 MD: 2 CD: 4

Party:

Helios: 58/60 | D: 6 | M: 39 |  Energy: 7/15

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 69/125 | D: 30

Edited by Helios

Suddenly, Helios felt something below him. The shark jumped out at the player and smacked him with it's tail, causing him to fall into the sand. However, before his opponent was able to bury itself under the ground, the dark haired man activated his <<Dancing Hellraiser>> Sword Art. With his luck, he was just barely able to cut the <<Sand Shark>> with the blade as it swam into the sand.

ID: 57093 BD: 5 MD: 10 CD: 3
Activated <<Dancing Hellraiser>>. 6x4x2=48

Party:

Helios: 55/60 | D: 6 | M: 39 |  Energy: 0/15

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 21/125 | D: 30

Edited by Helios